IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen- Part 2

samurai_sarah

8 hours ago, meee said:

NO NO NO NO NO. You have no idea what you are talking about. It's literally just about half and half.    snip - no pun intended

I did retract a couple of posts later.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, Greendoor said:

I did retract a couple of posts later.

I see that now. Sorry to jump down your throat. I know way too many women who are made (by doctors!) to go through rigorous testing and procedures when all along something is wrong with her husband and not her. it's a bit of a hot button for me.

Did anyone see Reveal did some reporting on the infertility industry? I follow them on Facebook, so it popped up and I thought I would mention it here.

Brandon's brother Trent married and seeing the photos I have to wonder if he left the cult or never were? Or became more fundie light? The bride looked absolutely gorgeous with a sweetheart neckline and only sheer halters. The two bridesmaids looked very beautiful too (sweetheart neckline covered with lace and bare shoulders). And then there is Michael wearing a T-Shirt under her dress. I get that she dresses more covered up, but she has nice dresses meeting her standards?

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

Brandon's brother Trent married and seeing the photos I have to wonder if he left the cult or never were? Or became more fundie light? The bride looked absolutely gorgeous with a sweetheart neckline and only sheer halters. The two bridesmaids looked very beautiful too (sweetheart neckline covered with lace and bare shoulders). And then there is Michael wearing a T-Shirt under her dress. I get that she dresses more covered up, but she has nice dresses meeting her standards?

They both definitely came from large families: Brent (not Trent) is one of 10 kids and his wife Monica Nicole De Mass is the oldest of 12. The Keilens seem to be a mixed bag, some of them are very deep into IBLP but others seem to be more fundie-light and they have several unmarried children who don't live at home. Monica was studying to become a nurse when she got sick with lyme disease, so her family may be fundie-light too.

Michael does look inappropriately casual in those wedding pics :( but the bridesmaid dresses and the wedding gown are soooo beautiful, I love them so much!

In a previous thread, we discussed the fact that Monica Keilen was an Agent Orange fan. Michael liked one of her Instagram posts supporting him. She literally has several posts dedicated to fawning over him and I think she even did phone banking for his campaign. Monica also has a blog, but it's not updated a lot. I do adore her wedding dress though.

1 hour ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Michael does look inappropriately casual in those wedding pics :( but the bridesmaid dresses and the wedding gown are soooo beautiful, I love them so much!

I hate to admit she has poorly judged the dress code. An outfit more suited for a trip to Starbucks than a wedding. And I hate the tshirt under dress look

surely with her sewing skills & free time she could sew something?

Re her 'only' trying for 2 years for a baby. The first month we tried for a baby I cried when I got my period. I was pregnant the second month. But yeah. There is no time frame on when you are allowed to feel upset or stressed about it. 

IVF can be very cheap in Australia if you go bulk billing clinic. Like $1000 including medications for an entire cycle. Ie Primary IVF where 2 people I know have got pregnant. 

I agree with everyone about Michael's "outfit". That's just what it is. She knows better than that! She could have modified one of her old dresses with her sewing skills. Sometimes jewelry can brighten up things. Sadly...Michael might be dressing how she's feeling at the moment. 

Not sure if they were posted on FJ, but I see them on Brandon and Michael's IG account

I don't think that was the wedding, that may have been the rehearsal dinner. She wore a nice bridesmaid dress to that wedding of Andrea whatshername. Are we BEC again?

Nah the collage that they made on their instagram post shows the bride and groom dressed in their bridal dress/suit.

Spoiler

I agree that Michael's dress was too casual for that wedding, and the t-shirt under just makes it worse.  The dress alone may have blended in better without the shirt, and the fact the shirt was white just makes it catch the eye that much faster.

I do love the bride's gown and the bridesmaids dresses. 

44 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I don't think that was the wedding, that may have been the rehearsal dinner. She wore a nice bridesmaid dress to that wedding of Andrea whatshername. Are we BEC again?

Nope it is her brother in laws wedding day and she's in a maxi dress and a t shirt.

IMO, Michael's dress would have looked a little less casual if it was a black t-shirt rather than a white one. There would have been less contrast between the dress and the shirt then.

Given what we've seen fundie wear to other weddings, (and what I've seen others wear to regular old non fundie weddings), it could have been worse!

Love the bride's dress. It's a beautiful fit and colour on her.

The bridesmaids dresses are my favourite. I used to have a dress which was almost identical to theirs, except it was navy blue and had some beadwork at the top. Fit fantastically. I almost regret selling it, but I had no idea where else I could wear it! :)

New Mrs. Keilen is a stunner. Wow. I'm surprised Ma and Pa Keilen were okay with this.

We've seen her in nicer dresses, I wonder why she opted for such a casual dress. Wasn't she a bridesmaid in a wedding the weekend before. Maybe she had a crap load of weddings she has to be in or attend and picked the wrong wedding to go the casual comfortable route.

Oh Jeez, now I know what y'all are talking about. Yes, I agree. I'm not someone to snark on a woman's clothing if she feels comfortable with what she's wearing, and in a different setting this dress would have been fine but it almost looks like Michael didn't have the time to choose a different dress. Had she worn a black T-shirt under or a black blouse over it it would have been fine as well, but the other guests' outfits do not scream 'casual wedding'. 

One of the pink, or even brown shade, dresses the bridesmaids wore to Michael's own wedding would have been a great choice for this wedding. 

I secretly love it when modesty standards between fundies differ. Brandon's sister was a bridesmaid, can you guys imagine a Bates girl wearing a sweetheart neckline?

34 minutes ago, faraway said:

I secretly love it when modesty standards between fundies differ. Brandon's sister was a bridesmaid, can you guys imagine a Bates girl wearing a sweetheart neckline?

Yes PLEASE! I guess we might have to wait a LONG time for a wedding dress rebel.

Oh man. That is not a good choice for a wedding. Not one that seems to have been a bit more formal. :( Yikes. Bad clothing choice. 

Waaaay too casual for a wedding. The girl next to her in the white with the flowers, no cleavage or skin is shown, very modest but still very appropriate. Michael could find a fancy dress that's modest if she wanted to. 

7 hours ago, Pretzel said:

One of the pink, or even brown shade, dresses the bridesmaids wore to Michael's own wedding would have been a great choice for this wedding. 

I was wondering that too--she's got tons of modest bridesmaid dresses from previous weddings to wear. And if she wanted to go cocktail length, she's certainly got the sewing skills to do that. Even I can hem a dress, and Michael is leagues above me as far as sewing goes.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived