IGNORED

Found this recipe on the Maxwell site

Justme

Geez, with that many helpmeets in the house you think they could get more creative that. I guess, one isn't even allowed to enjoy a good meal. My favorite, in response too "doesn't salad night every wed get boring."

I'm glad they seem to eat healthy, but you can eat healthy and at least make it fun and tasty.

Ooooh, no. Right before we moved forums we were discussing one of Steve's corners where he says that food that tastes good is sinful, because it's a temptation to gluttony. The family eats boring food only, as Jesus intended.

Does he not have any tastebuds? Beans =/= hamburger, tastewise. Not that beans aren't tasty, but I wouldn't say you can't tell a difference.

I would guess that they probably were adding so little in proportion to the beans.... A couple pounds isn't going to put much of a dent in that many beans. (probably not needed with all the beans anyway)

I don't really think it's snarkworthy, as we've all made decisions based on economics or taste in eating. It just was dad's decision. I bet that mom sometimes makes food decisions too. The only reason it stands out is because we know that in these families, dad usually has final say.

• 1 month later...

After the recent story on the Maxwells and their zoo safari, I was reading more on their blog. When I got to the part about fun burrito making day, I just had to ask... DID any FJers submit burrito questions? Or are those really questions by real people wondering about their burrito recipe.

I think my favorite question is:

****Your questions

Do you put bean mixture in a corn/flour tortilla along with toppings, then roll up?****

Oh yes, it does appear that we have already snarked on the beany burritos. Nevermind. I guess at least this is bumped up for another laugh anyway!

Guest Anonymous

We've discussed the burritos on very lengthy threads both here and on the old board..... and it clearly wasn't enough for me, as this new thread has also made me chuckle. :dance:

I don't think that any of us specifically asked any taking-the-piss questions - that kind of stupid sounds like your average Maxwell commenter - Rebeckah K maybe? :D

Do you put bean mixture in a corn/flour tortilla along with toppings, then roll up?

Um, if they didn't, then it wouldn't be a burrito, would it?

Guest Anonymous

For me, one of the most-fun characteristics of the Maxwell-writing style is their painstaking attention to unnecesary detail.

I love Sarah's explanation of the smiley emoticon, ie :) "You have to put your left ear down on your left shoulder to see it!".....

We've discussed the burritos on very lengthy threads both here and on the old board..... and it clearly wasn't enough for me, as this new thread has also made me chuckle. :dance:

^ this!

Archived