IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 6

Coconut Flan

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahaha! Wonderful example in your own mother!! I have to stop laughing before I give myself an asthma attack.

Man, I just realized Joy was always my bet to escape the TTH and all its trappings. 19 is just a baby, in my mind. Awful. 

Why is Jessa the only one of the girls helping with train? The others are standing there "not me lalala".

Is it horrible that I'm hoping it doesn't work out? I mean obviously Marjorie and Josiah didn't, so it could happen right? Joy is just too young to be thinking about marriage...

It's Joy who's courting? Crap, crap, CRAP. I also hoped she'd manage to get away. Probably no chance now.

And Jana will be stuck in the TTH doing housework and laundry for all those adult sons (read: MEN) and caring for her nieces and nephews. It is about damn time one or more of those boys starts courting if the girls are going to/have done so.

Counting on - It is finished (part 4)

Daddy vuolo blathers about couples being mutually attracted to one another.  He says "mutually attracted" way too many times.  IN the case of jeremy and jinger, its was in december in Honduras.  Daddy says the only reason he went on the trip was for jeremy to stalk get to know jinger better.  

JInger fights back tears but her face kinda looks like she's going to hit him.

Daddy tells jinger to be a "faithful helper" by giving him counsel from her intuition. Address his conscience when he is in danger of sinning.  Michelle was a good example.

They are a good example of a relationship and courtship. May they have the joy of fulfilling companionship and glory to the one you love.

They exchange vows. The "I promise to be faithful" is in there... 

Daddy explains the rings.  Eternity and gold... OMG THAT V IS HORRIBLE

He slips the ring on her finger - as a perpetual reminder of my faithfulness. 

They light the unity candle.   They walk VERY slowly towards it and light it with their back tot he congregation.  A woman sings as they have a hard time lifting the candles.  They find lighters and blow out the original candles. 

Jessa is pretty visibly prego as she carries the train. The J'sisters spread it out again. Jeremy whispers in jinger's ear.  Josie rubs her eyes.

The song goes on for way too long.  They just stare at eachother and laugh.

"Covenented" is now a word.

They are pronounced hisband and wife and daddy v lets them kiss.  She gets lipstick on his teeth and has to rub it off.  They stand on stage together and the crowd applauds.

They maturely walk off stage - her train gets stuck and Jessa has to fix it.

They stop and kiss for the photographer. The rest of the paryt walks off, derick runs up and grabs jill, dipping and kissing her.  DOUCHE MOVE.

Anna walks out with a different guy

No sign of joshly

Outside Jinger and Jeremy say they're super excited to be married.

They walk back into the church to see their family on the stage.

Jeremy says he's blown away by how beautiful and majestic she is.

Jinger - I couldnt wait to... 

Jeremy - be my wife.

Jinger - first kiss was amazing

Jeremy - the v on the stage was a gift to us.

Jinger - V stands fro vuolo

FUCK - in january we have to watch the entire journey to the wedding.  Jessa will prepare for the baby. Jill does the doppler. Joy courting... 

1 minute ago, DaniLouisiana said:

Why is Jessa the only one of the girls helping with train? The others are standing there "not me lalala".

Considering that she is pregnant, that would have been nice to get some help.

I don't wish anyone heartbreak, but I hope it doesn't work out. It's either a breakup or a marriage in their world.

1 minute ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

That was the best first kiss I've seen yet on this show. GET IT

Just remember, Jeremy presumably knew what he was doing. 

I am pretty sure Jeremy went for an open mouth kiss and she didn't, so that's why she had to wipe lipstick off his teeth.... So awkward

16 minutes ago, Mrs. Figg said:

Who's Austin?! My basketball team is losing so now I'm here.

Isn't austin a family friend?  I swear I have seen him before - Poor Jana ....in the sense she is left to handle everything by herself 

and we get in January everything backward 

makes perfect sense 

Just now, season of life said:

I don't wish anyone heartbreak, but I hope it doesn't work out. It's either a breakup or a marriage in their world.

Not gonna happen. BUT at least they actually have known each other for a long time rather than a random guy they've known for like 5 months. 

2 minutes ago, nst said:

Isn't austin a family friend?  I swear I have seen him before - Poor Jana ....in the sense she is left to handle everything by herself 

and we get in January everything backward 

makes perfect sense 

I swear he is in the picture when they all went to the Arkansas game and he is standing right behind her. I could be wrong, though.

AHH the website keeps crashing on me

@RhythmicSkater, +1 for use of the word "nugget".

I, too, am disappointed that Joy is the one in a courtship. She's so young! But Michelle was two years younger than Joy when she married, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Still, I think it's terribly young. What most people don't realize is that the average age of marriage hasn't been in the 18-21 range since 1950 (and before that, it was like the 1500s or something). The average age of marriage throughout the 1800s was between 22 and 26. So whatever your perspective, 19 is YOUNG for an American woman. Statistically, culturally, developmentally (especially with two stunted wackjobs for parents). I thought Joy was so spunky and tomboyish in the earlier specials. I wonder if she'll turn into the same vapid, scatterbrained stereotype as her sisters did. I dearly hope not.

5 minutes ago, season of life said:

To be fair, a breakup or marriage is the outcome of relationships for almost everyone! At least everyone who wants to be married someday.

Hopefully this will at least be a long courtship.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived