IGNORED

Maxhell- Part 5

samurai_sarah

NEW POST Y'ALL!!

They went out for dinner and went to see Handel's Messiah again. Joseph and Elissa joined them for dinner. Described as "the immediate family plus Joseph and Elissa". 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

NEW POST Y'ALL!!

They went out for dinner and went to see Handel's Messiah again. Joseph and Elissa joined them for dinner. Described as "the immediate family plus Joseph and Elissa". 

They are all family, I don't get this whole cast everyone out once married. Joseph is still their son and brother, that's still immediate family! 

@Palimpsest,  I just watched that Teenpacter video and WTF is right!  I think these teenpacters would not have the same definitions of justice and freedom that I do.

"Friday night, our immediate family plus Joseph and Elissa had a delightful evening out"

I usually don't mind the passive voice, but that sentence is soooo clunky.

Does this mean Coward Steve and Griselda Teri don't consider their grandkids and Gigi immediate family?

New post up.  Poor Sarah us taking Griselda Teri's place on the Operation Christmas Child trip.  Wow Poor, Goofy Anna, and Scary Mary all by themselves.  Run for your lives girls!

Weird question for y'all, do you guys have a snow effect when you visit their blog? Small dots going across the screen? It's probably supposed to be cheery and wintry, but it about gave me a heart attack because I thought my monitor was crapping out on me.

8 hours ago, nomoxian said:

Yeah... I think the matchmaking thing is a good idea, but if Steve finds out that Us Heathens had anything to do with it, their entire family would be completely black-balled.

The Ardnts have too much f*n for the Maxhells

The  Staddon  family has a few unmarried adult sons. I think a couple of them are in their 30s.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Weird question for y'all, do you guys have a snow effect when you visit their blog? Small dots going across the screen? It's probably supposed to be cheery and wintry, but it about gave me a heart attack because I thought my monitor was crapping out on me.

I haven't, but then I'm on my phone. I'll check on my laptop later.

On 12/3/2016 at 10:43 PM, Trynn said:

And can I just wine for a bit how unfair it is that Sarah's crappy moody books get published and circulated but mine don't?

Sarah's books are essentially self-published, and marketed and circulated by her father, so no.  You may not whine about not having Steve for a Dad. ;)  

On 12/4/2016 at 3:41 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Then the Ms spent a whole week at their house in 2013: http://blog.titus2.com/2013/06/11/where-were-at/  There are multiple posts in June showing how the Maxwells helped their dear friends to repaint their mansion (I would endure the preaching and Bible Times if the Maxwells wanted to redo and repaint my kitchen, too). 

I'm fairly sure Tyler's Dad, as shown in those photos, was one of the welcome committee at the Greenfield conference we went to - and left after an hour.  The two men who hosted that conference also had a church blog, but I'm damned if I can find it or remember the name right now.  I'll try to see if I mentioned it on that old thread later.  There's also a rare sighting of Jaynee Lockwood in the comments on that blog post.

7 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yes!  Sarah should have warned us.  It practically gave me a heart attack too but I was less concerned about my monitor than my aging eyesight!

Today is Nathan's 40th birthday. Sarah wrote a loving tribute to him. As much as this family makes me crazy it was great to read such a loving post about her brother. 

40 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Today is Nathan's 40th birthday. Sarah wrote a loving tribute to him. As much as this family makes me crazy it was great to read such a loving post about her brother. 

That was a very sweet post and those photos make me so sad, everything looks so normal until I remembered what Steve has done to his family. If Joseph had a love for model airplanes, I wonder if he would have been the next generation of military pilots or any commercial pilot in the family? 

@palimpset for some reason I can't quote your post on my phone. Weird.

I don't want Steve for a dad, but I mean.... He encouraged her writing. Mine told me I don't have what it takes to succeed and I should go to college and get a real job instead which j have still failed to do because I can't math?

My parents have the nerve to wonder why I don't tell them things.

@Trynn that is so sad.  I think you have a lot of talent as a writer - and your Dad's attitude sucks.  On the math, have you ever been tested for dyscalculia?  There are strategies these days that can help people cope better.  

FWIW, I always struggled with math too, had major math anxiety, and was told I was lazy and not trying when I was working my butt off in math.  I've been told as an adult that I might have mild undiagnosed dyscalculia.  I do know that when people were complaining about Common Core math, I  pointed out that the way some concepts were presented there was the first time I understood them.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:43 PM, Trynn said:

Hmmmm the Bagwells might have to jump universes....

According to Sarah she's done with the Moodys.

And can I just wine for a bit how unfair it is that Sarah's crappy moody books get published and circulated but mine don't?

They self publish - no publisher involved. No editor. No one sharing the money. No one having any control over their books except Steve.

That is easily the most personal birthday post that's ever appeared on the blog. Which isn't hard. Maybe it's because it's a "landmark" birthday? Still, even with the normal ones it wouldn't hurt to make them seem more heartfelt. I thought family was important to these people?? Oh well, your love of Jesus must be proclaimed above all else.

Stevehovah, you've fucked up your family big time. 

20 hours ago, kpmom said:

But, I'm wondering where he's living while working at Swift Otter?  His family seems to be in New Hampshire I think.

I assume he's working remotely from NH, which isn't uncommon in the programming world. My husband has his own company and he regularly hires people from other states. He also hired a teenager once (somewhat locally) to do some of the programming grunt work that he didn't want to do, so it wouldn't surprise me if Tyler is doing something like that. 

I give Sarah a pass on writing The Immediate Family + Whichever married brother and family. It keeps her from having to write: Dad, Mom, all of us adults still living at home, and my brother who is now considered an adult since he's married and his family. 

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

There's also a rare sighting of Jaynee Lockwood in the comments on that blog post.

Jaynee commented?  Jaynee's in northern Calif, with the kids growing up right and left and still in love with her husband, Daniel. Last I checked, two boys are off at bible college, studying to be missionaries, and one of them is courting.  Here little kids are in Awanas.  It's snowing.  They seem to be doing ok. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Jaynee commented?  Jaynee's in northern Calif, with the kids growing up right and left and still in love with her husband, Daniel. Last I checked, two boys are off at bible college, studying to be missionaries, and one of them is courting.  Here little kids are in Awanas.  It's snowing.  They seem to be doing ok. 

Jaynee and the Maxwells go way back and she used to comment quite regularly there.  I was referring to a comment she made back in 2013.

Thanks for the update on the Lockwoods.  I have a soft spot for Jaynee but I wonder what Steve thought of Daniel's mysterious fall from grace.  I don't think Jaynee will ever leave his sorry ass.

2 hours ago, goldbu said:

I assume he's working remotely from NH, which isn't uncommon in the programming world. My husband has his own company and he regularly hires people from other states. He also hired a teenager once (somewhat locally) to do some of the programming grunt work that he didn't want to do, so it wouldn't surprise me if Tyler is doing something like that. 

That makes sense.

It didn't seem right to me that a fundie family would let their 17 year old move so far away, but of course he could do programming remotely, you're right.

Of course now that kind of puts a damper on my thought that he might be courting material for Mary.  Oh well.

2 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

I give Sarah a pass on writing The Immediate Family + Whichever married brother and family. It keeps her from having to write: Dad, Mom, all of us adults still living at home, and my brother who is now considered an adult since he's married and his family. 

I don't know if I give her a pass but at least she didn't say "our family and some of the relatives" which has been her typical way of differentiating between those still under Steve's umbrella and those who are not are just in a different house with a different umbrella.

8 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

That was a very sweet post and those photos make me so sad, everything looks so normal until I remembered what Steve has done to his family. If Joseph had a love for model airplanes, I wonder if he would have been the next generation of military pilots or any commercial pilot in the family? 

The photos made me realize just how much parenting Nathan might have done with the five youngest children. We often talk about how Sarah likely acted as their mother; but I wonder if Nathan picked up a lot of the slack as well. I doubt Steve was much of a hands-on dad to the little ones and we know Teri was struggling with depression. I wonder if Sarah and Nathan basically teamed up to raise those five babies their father decided to have despite their mother's depression. It makes me quite sad but also makes me have a little more respect for Nathan when I think of the tenderness he must feel for his youngest siblings. 

In looking at those old pics I'm surprised the Reversal boys were allowed to wear shorts.  It was a nice post.  I agree with the poster above.  I bet Crazy eyed Nate had to be the dad in a lot of situations.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived