IGNORED

Trump 5: Coming up trumps

samurai_sarah

Speaking of people thinking the debate was rigged, I saw a conspiracy post where the poster ended his argument with: 

"And WHAT exactly did she keep looking down at? Was she reading something?"

And then someone posted "I just saw her turn a page! She was reading notes! It was so blatant that this was rigged!"

Did none of these people debate in high school? You're allowed to have notes. She was taking notes last debate too. She had a pen and paper out. This isn't the SAT. She was prepping and those preparations probably involved notes of what questions might be asked and how best to refute them. It's called BEING READY FOR A NATIONAL DEBATE. You know, where millions of people will tune in to see what you have to say and see if you're fit enough to be the president of the United States of America. I should HOPE she had notes and wasn't just flying by the seat of her pants. 

These people are so ignorant they don't even know what they don't know. It's so disheartening.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this rigging talk makes me sick.

I am no longer truly scared of Election Day. I am fairly secure in the idea that Clinton will win. (And I think most republicans that aren't absolute idiots think that too.)

What scares me is the retaliation and the hate after the fact. You can't take back a lot of the things these people have said and done.

My favorite:

Romeo and Juliet:" Juliet. Such a nasty woman.  She made Romeo kill himself.  And believe me, he could have done better.  Look at her."

From TheReal B Ham:

The bridges, nobody builds a bridge like me. I'll build one and make Madison County pay for it #TrumpBookReport

Hillary is ripping Donald a new one at the dinner tonight. Holy hell, this is funny. This must be getting under Trump's skin "bigly." He looks pissed. 

Donald bombed his speech at the dinner. This guy just does not get how this all is supposed to go down. Yes, you take funny jabs, but you also talk shit about yourself. Donald took this as an opportunity to just go after Hillary. He got booed. 

Poor Rudy Giuliani was pissed when Hillary made a joke about him. 

I was at my state fair tonight.  At this point in the election cycle, seeing so many people wearing Trump stickers makes me angry--and seeing so many people wearing Trump stickers AND Confederate flag stickers made me fear for my safety.

7 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Donald bombed his speech at the dinner. This guy just does not get how this all is supposed to go down. Yes, you talk funny jabs, but you also talk shit about yourself. Donald took this as an opportunity to just go after Hillary. He got booed. 

Poor Rudy Giuliani was pissed when Hillary made a joke about him. 

I'll have to look for a video of the dinner later. I would enjoy seeing the Big Orange Haboob get booed. :twisted:

17 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'll have to look for a video of the dinner later. I would enjoy seeing the Big Orange Haboob get booed. :twisted:

Trump was booed several times. He was very stiff and assholish, but I admit the Michelle Obama/Melania Trump speech joke was funny. 

Someone else posted about talking about the debate with their mom and . . .

I'm really missing my mom who passed away three years ago this week. She was 83, a little Southern lady who loved Hillary Clinton. .   . Bill, too, for that matter even though he was a cheating dog.  She met Bill once during his campaign where he was on a stage and reached down to shake her hand; she almost pulled him off the stage! The Secret Service were all over her! She really wanted to see a woman president and was a strong Hillary supporter in 2008, but supported Obama when he won the nomination. She would HATE Trump with every fiber of her being!  She often talked about how far women had come in her lifetime and I would have loved to have watched the debates with her,  both of us chucking popcon at the tv. I think she would have even given me a pass on some of my language!  Just makes me miss her more. . .(unfortunately my siblings are not as intelligent and discerning when it comes to politics as I am so I can't discuss anything with them.)  Thank goodness for FJ!

I hope you enjoyed the debates, Mom,  and hope you have a front row seat next January to see the first woman president inaugurated!

The assumption that Trump is lying is a reasonable one. As many have pointed out, this is not a “he said, she said” situation. Jake Tapper, on CNN, called it a “she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said situation”—and, of course, Trump said it, too. The question in the Post/ABC poll could be reframed: Which Trump do you believe? The candidate in the final stretch of his failing Presidential bid, or the man in 2005, whose boasts are corroborated by more than a dozen women? Trump lodged his own sexual-misconduct allegations. And, to deny them, he has to impute dishonesty not just to all the women who have come out in agreement with him but to his former self.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trump-and-the-truth-the-sexual-assault-allegations

That makes twenty-four women who have corroborated Trump’s own boasting, twenty of whom have offered up their identities.

More rats leaving the ship:

Donald Trump's national political director has announced he is "stepping back" from the campaign - the day after a final presidential debate which many Republicans saw as Mr Trump blowing his final chance at electoral victory.

Jim Murphy, who joined the team in June, told Politico that he was leaving the campaign for personal reasons.

"I have not resigned but for personal reasons have had to take a step back from the campaign," he told the site.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/20/donald-trumps-national-political-director-steps-back-from-the-ca/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-least-racist-person_us_58094c30e4b000d0b155d3d8

GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump ― the man who accused America’s first black president of lying about his birthplace and called for banning Muslims from the country ― insisted Thursday that not only is he not a racist, but he’s actually “the least racist person you’ve ever met.”

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/20/politics/donald-trump-i-will-totally-accept-election-results-if-i-win/index.html

"I would like to promise and pledge to all of my voters and supporters and to all of the people of the United States that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election, if I win," Trump told supporters here in his first comments since the final debate.

“Looking back, I’ve had to listen to Donald for three full debates. And he says I don’t have any stamina. That is four and a half hours. I have now stood next to Donald Trump longer than any of his campaign managers," Clinton said as a stone-faced Trump looked on. "Now, look, I have deep respect for people like Kellyanne Conway. She’s working day and night for Donald, and because she's a contractor, he’s probably not even going to pay her.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-10-21/clinton-and-trump-trade-hostility-for-humor-at-al-smith-dinner

Trump told the audience that during the debate “I called Hillary a nasty woman, and after listening to her go on and on and on, I don’t dislike Rosie O’Donnell so much any more.”

And: “Some people think this would be tough for me but the truth is I’m actually a very modest person, very modest. It’s true. In fact many people tell me that perhaps modesty is my best quality.” 

The Good

“Oh this one’s going to get me in trouble — not with Hillary. You know the president told me to stop whining, but I really have to say the media is more biased this year than ever before. You want the proof? Michelle Obama gives a speech, and everyone loves it. It’s fantastic. They think she’s absolutely great. My wife, Melania, gives the exact same speech, and people get on her case! And I don’t get it. I don't know why.” (Points for wife-deprecation. This was a very good joke -- and one that Trump should have concluded with. Instead, he kept talking.)

“We have proven that we can actually be civil toward each other. In fact, before taking the dais, Hillary accidentally bumped into me, and she very civilly said, ‘Pardon me.’ And I very politely replied, 'Let me talk to you about that after I get into office.'” (Not great, but as you'll see, the bar is low.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/20/the-very-bad-jokes-hillary-clinton-and-donald-trump-told-at-the-al-smith-dinner/

Hillary Clinton

The Good

"I took a break from my rigorous nap schedule to be here. And as all of you heard, it's a treat for all of you, because usually I charge a lot for speeches like this." (Solid self-deprecation.)

"Your eminence, you do deserve great credit for bringing together two people who've been at each other's throats — mortal enemies, bitter foes. I've got to ask: How did you get the governor and mayor here together tonight." (Inside joke for those assembled — Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Democratic New York Mayor Bill de Blasio have feuded — but thoroughly decent.)

To Trump: "After listening to your speech, I will also enjoy listening to Mike Pence deny that you ever gave it." (Topical. Timely. Even without knowing that Trump would go off the rails when the remarks were prepared.)

IMG_20161021_121818.jpg

This is the reaction of someone during Trump's Watergate joke. I think it nicely shows how a lot of people feel in general about him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michelle-obama-donald-trump_us_580937eae4b000d0b155c31e

Michelle Obama Rips Trump For Rigged Election Claims: ‘You Do Not Keep American Democracy In Suspense’

“When a presidential candidate threatens to ignore our voices and reject the outcome of the election, he is threatening the very idea of America itself.

bama also praised Clinton’s policy experience and preparedness, which Trump has often used to attack her.

“Here’s the thing about Hillary: She is a policy wonk. And let me tell you, just for the record: When you are president, that is a good thing,” she said. “When you are president, knowing what you are doing is a good thing.” 

This has to be stated out loud? Sad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-marco-rubio-trump_us_58092f55e4b000d0b155b905

Barack Obama Calls Out Marco Rubio For Continuing To Support Donald Trump

“There has to be a point where you stand for something more than just party, or more than just your own career.”

“They’ve been saying crazy stuff, and there are a lot of politicians like Marco Rubio who know better, but they just look the other way because they figured, you know what, if we can just stir folks up and think that Barack or Hillary or others are doing all these terrible things we’re saying they’re doing, that’s gonna help us get votes,” Obama said. “So we’ll just oppose anything that they’re trying to do and maybe we’ll end up having more power in Washington. So they just stood by and said nothing, even though they knew better, while their base actually started believing some of this stuff.”

“Donald Trump didn’t start all this,” Obama continued. “Like he usually does, he just slapped his name on it, took credit for it, and then promoted the heck out of it.”

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/donald-trump-2005-year-of-living-dangerously-214380

January of 2005, the week before his third wedding, Donald Trump assured Billy Bush that this time he would be a better man. “I’m gonna show up, I’m gonna say ‘I do,’ and I’m gonna be a very good husband for a change,” he told the Access Hollywood host.

He said he planned to “come home more.”

“No dating,” he promised.

He was asked during the question-and-answer session how to handle disloyal business associates. “Screw them back 10 times harder,” he said. “At least they’re going to leave you alone, and at least you’ll feel good.”

He was asked how smaller companies can compete with larger companies. “I don’t know,” he said. “Why don’t you try suing their asses off?”

He was asked about ethics.

“The big problem with ethics,” Trump said, “is if you don’t have them, you’re eventually going to get caught.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-s-media-attacks-biting-hands-fed-him-n670256
Trump's Media Attacks: 'Biting the Hands That Fed Him'?

"He was sucking out the oxygen in the room in terms of getting all the coverage. And he significantly benefited," Atkins said.

"Pretty much every two hours, either on Twitter or in a speech, Donald Trump says something outrageous, and how can the media ignore something like that?" Atkins added.

And, indeed, they couldn't.

20 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Did you see that editorial from the Midland paper? It was going around Twitter this week.

http://www.mrt.com/opinion/editorials/article/Editorial-Clinton-is-spending-money-in-Texas-9980725.php

I'm really enjoying watching Republicans become despondent over the thought of Texas becoming a purple state. :twisted:

Thanks for that link! It would be amazeballs if Texas went to Clinton, but possible. Texas is a red state partly due to extensive gerrymandering, which reliably feeds Republican majorities into the state  legislature and the House and Senate at the national level.   

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott garnered 44 percent of the Hispanic vote when he won the governor’s race in 2014. 

Greg Abbott's wife is Hispanic and he had a rather sweet election add featuring his mother-in-law talking about how much she loved and respected him and being the madrina at his wedding.  

Trump has insulted Hispanics so many times and so many ways, that it's hard to imagine support from Hispanics who aren't anti-abortion single-issue voters.

I'd love to see a powerful Hispanic turnout for Clinton.  

It was interesting that in the Gore/Bush election, Webb County, home of border city Laredo, TX  and 96% Hispanic,  was one of the few Texas counties to go solid blue, as well as several other adjacent south Texas border counties. 

I have no worries about Trump not ceding the election, because  

"That struts and frets his hour upon the stage. And then is heard no more: it is a tale. Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing." 

ETA: Something to ponder as we soldier on toward Nov. 8th.  Here's a link to the 2000  election map, showing how each COUNTY in the US voted, red or blue (Bush/Gore): 

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/countymap2000.htm

I'm still trying to comprehend how people who call themselves "Christians" can even stomach supporting Trump - especially after the last few weeks.

Here's a militant Evangelical view - positively terrifying.  Apparently God made a big mistake when he sent Jesus the first time.  He should have sent a leader, a warrior, a fighter, and an adulterous asshole like Trump.

Make sure to scroll down and read the second email responding to that article before you beat your brains out.  At least some life-long Republicans and Evangelical Christians are seeing the light.

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/10/trump-email/504773/

The Christian Post should be ashamed of itself.  It started out quite virulently against Trump.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/what-donald-trumps-evangelical-advisers-tell-him-170805/

So Trump is OK because - Pence.  

http://www.christianpost.com/news/hillary-clinton-vs-donald-trump-abortion-170946/

And because abortion.  Although this person tried to fight back in an opinion piece back in September.   http://www.christianpost.com/news/trumps-offer-to-christians-is-same-offer-devil-made-christ-168993/

And if anyone here gets sent an invitation to Kirk Cameron's "Revive" bullshit I hope they can emulate @apple1 and tell the sender(s) why they will not be attending.

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm still trying to comprehend how people who call themselves "Christians" can even stomach supporting Trump - especially after the last few weeks.

Here's a militant Evangelical view - positively terrifying.  Apparently God made a big mistake when he sent Jesus the first time.  He should have sent a leader, a warrior, a fighter, and an adulterous asshole like Trump.

Make sure to scroll down and read the second email responding to that article before you beat your brains out.  At least some life-long Republicans and Evangelical Christians are seeing the light.

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/10/trump-email/504773/

The Christian Post should be ashamed of itself.  It started out quite virulently against Trump.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/what-donald-trumps-evangelical-advisers-tell-him-170805/

So Trump is OK because - Pence.  

http://www.christianpost.com/news/hillary-clinton-vs-donald-trump-abortion-170946/

And because abortion.  Although this person tried to fight back in an opinion piece back in September.   http://www.christianpost.com/news/trumps-offer-to-christians-is-same-offer-devil-made-christ-168993/

And if anyone here gets sent an invitation to Kirk Cameron's "Revive" bullshit I hope they can emulate @apple1 and tell the sender(s) why they will not be attending.

I'm confused by the view that god should have sent a bad ass, adulterous warrior-messiah, because that's exactly how the Branch Davidians justified following David Koresh. It also goes against millennia of mainstream Christian teachings that say that the Jews of Jesus's day were mistaken in thinking that the Messiah would be a secular redeemer and national hero, but this is exactly what some hardcore evangelical Trump supporters are saying. However, I did read some conservative Catholics defend Trump by pointing out the Church's support for fascist dictators in the 20th century, which is also astonishing, as if they're trying to fulfill all the negative pre-Vatican II stereotypes about Catholics (to be fair, I'd seen this kind of talk before Trump, but it was always with regard to other countries, not the US). Man, it's too early in the morning for me to be thinking about this.

Sameer Noorani ‏@sameernoorani

Sleeping Beauty? The Prince just started kissing her. Didn't even ask. When you're a prince they let you do it. #TrumpBookReport

Jesus Ali @THEJesusAli

"By the way the Rye. The Rye is a tremendous problem. But how stupid is the Catcher? He's not catching anything believe me" #TrumpBookReport

Joe Peterson @joepete104

There were mice AND men, I mean, and everyone has been saying it, these were some bad hombres.... with mice #TrumpBookReport

big nose betty @mayapraff

Look, I don't know Voldemort. He said nice things about me. If we got along with the Death Eaters, wouldn't be so bad. #TrumpBookReport

Bill Fryer @BillOnFryer

I've never had a problem finding Waldo, Never. Ask anyone. I always find Waldo. #TrumpBookReport

Jennifer Weiner ✔ @jenniferweiner

Little Women? Look at their Facebook page. That Jo walked in front of me, and I don't think so, folks, I don't think so.

Maureen Johnson ✔ @maureenjohnson

Fault? These stars are a disaster. A disaster, let me tell you. Believe me, I'm going to make stars great again. #TrumpBookReport

The voters can look from pig to me, and from me to pig, and from pig to me again; but  it is impossible for them to tell which is which.

Americans, do you know who is responsible for this? Do you know the enemy who has come in the night and made America weak again? HILLARY!

Animal Farm.

Many of the conservative Christians I know (mostly fundie-light, a few full on fundies) are using the excuse of needing the Supreme Court seats.

I had a long talk with the patriarch of one of the fundie families I know the other day because I was questioning it. (He merely tolerates me because he has to due to my job and his relationship with my employer)

His thoughts:

Trump is a horrible man, but? He will overturn Roe V Wade (Hillary truly is a nasty woman, did you hear how she talked so casually about killing the babiez?)

Donald Trump will stand by Israel, which is Biblical, you know? Because who cares if we have a nuclear war, standing by Israel is important.

Also? Jesus is coming back soon - likely before 2018. So we all need to get right with the Lord, Trump can't do too much damage. (But apparently Hillary can, even though Jesus is coming back.)

I didn't really understand the reasoning (if there was any), behind Trump's joke about Hillary "pretending not to hate Catholics."  WTH? She's been accused of a LOT of shit, but that's a new one. I guess because it was a Catholic dinner?   Boy, that "joke" BOMBED! WTH was he thinking? And look who's talking - the preferred candidate of the KKK, who REALLY hate Catholics, and Jews, and African-Americans and Hispanics, and smart women etc.!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived