IGNORED

Trump 5: Coming up trumps

samurai_sarah

At my aunt's funeral yesterday one of my uncles and I were talking and the subject eventually got to the Orange Anus.  We were in a church at the time so we couldn't say too much.  My uncle said he had plenty of words to call Trump but none he could say out loud in a church.  I said believe me, I'm the same, that I had all sorts of very obscene names for the Orange Fuckhead.

10 hours ago, formergothardite said:

To be frank, most of us know all your arguments against abortion because many of us spent a hell of a long time in the pro-life camp. If you are up to learning about why people decided to go pro-choice, I can start a thread in NHB for the discussion. After really researching, I realized there was a lot more to this than "Save the Babies!" and would be willing to explain why. 

Also, if you are really wanting to lower abortion rates, you would vote for Hillary. 

I spent a lot of time in the pro-life camp too.  I took in the propaganda the church shoveled into us in 9th grade wholesale.  For a long time I identified as pro-life.

I came to an epiphany of sorts when I realized that a lot of pro-life people did not really give a fuck about human life once it popped out of the vagina.  The only time they seem to give a tinker's damn about human life is if it's not yet born or they think it can score them political points (see Terri Schiavo).   

Once I realized that the whole house of cards came crashing down.  I went from being opposed to abortion to figuring it is the woman's decision and some people really need to keep their noses the fuck out of places where they don't belong.  Especially orange tic tac breathed idiots.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else notice how CNN separates the Democrat and Republican commentators?  A few Democrats on one side, then the show's host (Carol Costello, Anderson Cooper, or someone equally smart), then some Republican arguers (Kayleigh, Scottie Nell, Cory, Katrina... these people don't need last names, we know who they are).  Maybe they're afraid a Republican will yank someone's hair when the camera's not on them??

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trumps-newest-misstep-turning-his-attention-michelle-obama

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-michelle-obama-hillary-clinton

Obamas are campaigning and not doing their job! Biased media saying Michelle more popular than me. Don't believe the polls

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/22/joe-biden-says-he-wants-to-take-donald-trump-behind-the-gym-as-t/

Joe Biden threatening violence! This is how corrupt the government gets. #maga

http://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-davidson/for-trump-the-election-is-rigged-if-a-nasty-woman-can-win

The election is rigged if a nasty woman can win. Proof. Crooked Hillary shouldn't be allowed to run either. I'll make America great again

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/21/donald-trump-michelle-obama-philippines-duterte-clinton

Obama HATED by everyone, by the president of Philippines! Never met him, great leader, very tough, kills bad hombres, we would get along

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/22/opinion/dont-take-donald-trump-to-dinner.html?_r=0

Corrupt media saying don't take Donald Trump to dinner. Mistake, I have  great dinners, the greatest. Hillary hates dinners

http://people.com/politics/salma-hayek-claims-donald-trump-planted-story-denied-date/

Salma Hayek says I asked her on a date and then lied. Have you seen her? Check out her Facebook. I don't think so, folks, I don't think so

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-is-in-a-funk-bitter-hoarse-and-pondering-if-i-lose/2016/10/21/d944b518-97a3-11e6-bb29-bf2701dbe0a3_story.html

The corrupt WP lies again, I'm not hoarse and we're winning, there's much more winning to come, just like Charlie Sheen and we'll be great again

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trumps-fine-art-of-losing-192113945.html

We are not losing, I have a winning temperament, the winningest. Losing is for losers. 

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Obama HATED by everyone, by the president of Philippines! Never met him, great leader, very tough, kills bad hombres, we would get along

I'm sure The Donald and Duterte would get along famously! Except if they met, Donald would start thinking that unleashing the populace to begin extra judicial killings would just be the best thing ever, just yuuuuuge. 

@47of74, I'm the same way.  I tried hard to be pro-life, I really did(I even remember spouting the "we need to punish the rapist, not kill the baby" line, which I'm not proud of today).  In addition to the fact that most "pro-lifers" don't seem to care about babies after they're born, what swayed me was that whenever there was an act of violence against an abortion provider, they would say "Well, we don't condone that," but never actually DO anything to prove that they don't condone it.

http://europe.newsweek.com/ridiculous-stories-behind-donald-trumps-film-and-tv-cameos-511713?rm=eu

My films are, the greatest, lovely girls on the set, solid six. Have you seen Home Alone 2? Tremendous impact, shot in my hotel. How many blockbusters has Hillary starred in? That's right, 0. Loser!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/magazine/trump-in-april-if-i-lose-ill-let-it-all-out.html

I'm so smart farming out all that boring stuff. Who cares about the Supreme Court anyway when I am the Supreme Leader

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/21/donald-trump-rolled-back-gains-american-women-torrent-misogyny

That's a lie, nobody has more respect for women. Lock that nasty bitch up! 

13 hours ago, AuntK said:

@VelociRapture - I hope that this time next year you will be putting together a little Halloween costume for your little one!

Thank you! This month is a little rough for me. I miscarried in late February and I would have been due right around Halloween. Still incredibly excited and grateful to be expecting them Velocibaby, but my brain constantly starts wondering about all the "what ifs" now.

Everything is going great though and we have 12 weeks or so to go. But yes, fingers crossed big time! I can't even imagine how terrifying it would be to get news like that so far into a pregnancy.

Still seeing commercials today for the Orange One. Why can't he just save his money, which he is obviously running short of, since little Eric is online begging for him? Maybe because I'm in a, "battleground" state, I'm going to have to see these til the very end.

On a pleasant note, it is an absolutely GORGEOUS day here in North Florida, beautiful blue sky and a chilly 55 degrees!! 

13 minutes ago, AuntK said:

Still seeing commercials today for the Orange One. Why can't he just save his money, which he is obviously running short of, since little Eric is online begging for him? Maybe because I'm in a, "battleground" state, I'm going to have to see these til the very end.

On a pleasant note, it is an absolutely GORGEOUS day here in North Florida, beautiful blue sky and a chilly 55 degrees!! 

I actually saw my first Trump commercial ever about twenty minutes ago (by way of comparison, I have seen Hillary commercials in Georgia and Massachusetts). It was mostly Ivanka talking about how her father is going to make things easier for working women. Trump himself was almost a background character in his own commercial. I guess he figured that he needed to show that "no one respects women more than me," but it seems like he's getting Ivanka to do all the hard work.

12 hours ago, 47of74 said:

At my aunt's funeral yesterday one of my uncles and I were talking and the subject eventually got to the Orange Anus.  We were in a church at the time so we couldn't say too much.  My uncle said he had plenty of words to call Trump but none he could say out loud in a church.  I said believe me, I'm the same, that I had all sorts of very obscene names for the Orange Fuckhead.

I spent a lot of time in the pro-life camp too.  I took in the propaganda the church shoveled into us in 9th grade wholesale.  For a long time I identified as pro-life.

I came to an epiphany of sorts when I realized that a lot of pro-life people did not really give a fuck about human life once it popped out of the vagina.  The only time they seem to give a tinker's damn about human life is if it's not yet born or they think it can score them political points (see Terri Schiavo).   

Once I realized that the whole house of cards came crashing down.  I went from being opposed to abortion to figuring it is the woman's decision and some people really need to keep their noses the fuck out of places where they don't belong.  Especially orange tic tac breathed idiots.

I love the ones who yap day and night about the sanctity of life, but won't sign up to be organ donors when they die.  :pb_rollseyes: 

18 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I love the ones who yap day and night about the sanctity of life, but won't sign up to be organ donors when they die.  :pb_rollseyes: 

These are the ones who piss me off the most. My brother is Transgender and Bi - so according to a lot of those people, he's an automatic abomination not worth knowing.

What they don't know is that at age 20 he donated 45% of his liver to a 16 year-old boy. The young man he donated to is now 22 and thriving despite his Cystic Fibrosis. Had my brother not volunteered, he wouldn't have lived to see 17. 

So yeah. Those who preach about the sanctity of life, but refuse to be organ donors can go fuck themselves.

ETA: And for the record, there's a big difference between people who medically are barred from donating after death and those who just choose not to. And if someone doesn't spend all their time advocating against abortion then I have no problem with them choosing not to donate either. It'd be nice if they would, but I do think it's a personal choice.

Don't get me started on the pro-life movement. 

Our new (and much more conservative) priest has decided our confirmation kids must have a diaper drive for some "pro-life ministry" nearby. Because, according to the info we had to give the kids, if mothers can make it through the first year with the baby with enough diapers, everything will be great. 

My cousin is a single mom who had four unplanned pregnancies. She miscarried one. The others she kept. The oldest is 22, unemployed and living with her. In a motel. They live in motel because after years of low paying jobs she doesn't have good enough credit to rent an apartment and is making too much money now to get housing assistance. 

The second, a high school drop out, turned 19 this week. In jail. He is awaiting trial on felony charges. 

The third is 8. She lives in a motel. Her meals are cooked in a microwave or acquired from nearby fast food places. Before her brother moved back in with them, she was alone in the motel after school as there is no money to spare for after school care because living in a motel is expensive. 

And you know what, she had plenty of diapers when they were babies. The one thing she never had problems with was acquiring diapers, even without the help of dedicated pro-life people having diaper drives and giving them to her. She nearly had to drop out of her medical assistant certification program when the second one was two and ended up in the hospital with a severe case of chicken pox. There were no dedicated pro-life people around to help then. Just me and my brother who are evil Democrats. 

How about they stop having diaper drives and start free after school care programs? Or help single moms with financial planning and basic money management? Or mentor their school age or teenage children? Or help provide housing so kids don't grow up eating frozen dinners in cheap motels?

Or, at the very least, stop pretending every baby born of an unplanned pregnancy is going to grow up to be a privileged upper middle class suburban kid as long as someone gives their mothers free diapers and maybe a nice baby blanket. 

On 10/21/2016 at 1:14 PM, Nomorethanfour said:

Hi, I'm a new poster and am appreciative of everything I have read on this thread. I'm middle of the road, voting Johnson. Frankly, I find Hillary just as dangerous as Trump and cannot in good conscience vote for either of them.

I am, however, staunchly pro life. Not because of any religious reasoning, but because I believe it is just wrong. I find it horrific that our government has two standards, one for a mother who wants to abort, and another for a different person who ends the life of an unborn child. On federal property, if someone shoots a preganant woman (at any stage of her pregnancy) and she loses that child...that person is charged with murder. It is too much of a contradiction and makes no sense. It's either a life worth something, or it isn't. We determine death when the heart stops beating, yet refuse to afford it life when it starts beating.

I just wanted to give a tiny bit of balance to the pro life/choice debate here. I'm not some republican, gun toting, redneck, religious fanatic. I'm just an average person who thinks abortion is wrong.

So, I'm just curious, have you read about these women who ended their pregnancies at 30+ weeks because the babies had not formed properly, and could not survive? You would insist that these women continue a hopeless, horrific pregnancy in order to deliver a partially formed baby in pain who cannot survive longer than mere minutes?

At some point in my journey out of being anti-choice I realized that almost no "pro-life" people actually want to treat a fetus as equal to a baby that is already born. Despite all the ranting about how it is just like a baby that has been born, when it comes down to it, they don't want to treat it like a baby. I doubt even @Nomorethanfour would want to truly treat a fetus like a baby because once you start doing that, you get insane laws where women who miscarry need to be investigated to make sure they didn't do something to "murder" their baby. 

And it is pretty horrific that people are okay with forcing women to be human incubators with no concern about how this will impact the rest of the woman's life. Women are disposable for the anti-choice crowd. 

I saw a debate on FB between someone who was ranting about "Killary" who wants to murder babies, and they had several people respond that despite Hillary's stance on abortion, her policies will help lower the abortion rates, while Trump's won't. The person responded that nothing would make them change their mind on Hillary, they didn't care if she did help lower the abortion rate she was still a monster who kills babies. You can't reason with people who hate Hillary just because they hate her. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

These are the ones who piss me off the most. My brother is Transgender and Bi - so according to a lot of those people, he's an automatic abomination not worth knowing.

What they don't know is that at age 20 he donated 45% of his liver to a 16 year-old boy. The young man he donated to is now 22 and thriving despite his Cystic Fibrosis. Had my brother not volunteered, he wouldn't have lived to see 17. 

So yeah. Those who preach about the sanctity of life, but refuse to be organ donors can go fuck themselves.

ETA: And for the record, there's a big difference between people who medically are barred from donating after death and those who just choose not to. And if someone doesn't spend all their time advocating against abortion then I have no problem with them choosing not to donate either. It'd be nice if they would, but I do think it's a personal choice.

I think it may be a growing trend among some religious conservatives to be brain death denialists. When the Jahi McMath case first happened, I remember reading comments on a National Catholic Register article on the matter where people were saying that they would never be organ donors because "evil doctors" were harvesting organs from people while they were still alive under the brain death rubric. It's been awhile since I read John Paul II's "Evangelium Vitae," but I'm almost certain he encouraged organ donation in it. However, the hysteria of the "culture of life" crowd is actually discouraging organ donation.

Now Donnie Dumbfuck is saying he's going to sue the women who have accused him of sexual misconduct...

cnn.com/2016/10/22/politics/trump-says-hell-sue-sexual-misconduct-accusers/index.html

Donald Trump vowed Saturday to sue the women who have accused him of sexual misconduct in recent weeks.

"Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign," Trump said during remarks in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. "Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over."

He added that a "simple phone call" to major news outlets "gets them wall-to-wall coverage with virtually no fact-checking ever."

In the last two weeks, at least 10 women have come forward accusing Trump of inappropriately touching them. Their allegations came after a 2005 videotape surfaced of Trump bragging about being able to grope women and get away with it.

If I was one of those woman I would say bring it you orange j--z trumpet fuckstick shit gibbon.  We go to court we'll get you on the stand and tear you a new one on there.

10 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think it may be a growing trend among some religious conservatives to be brain death denialists. When the Jahi McMath case first happened, I remember reading comments on a National Catholic Register article on the matter where people were saying that they would never be organ donors because "evil doctors" were harvesting organs from people while they were still alive under the brain death rubric. It's been awhile since I read John Paul II's "Evangelium Vitae," but I'm almost certain he encouraged organ donation in it. However, the hysteria of the "culture of life" crowd is actually discouraging organ donation.

And both Benedict XVI and Francis have come out in favor organ donation too.  Benedict had an organ donor card but the Vatican has said it will not allow his organs to be donated after his passing.  Francis supports donation too, saying "Organ donation is a testimony of love for our neighbor."

About ten years ago I was at church and heard about how some people were grumbling about how the parish was supporting Walk to End Alzheimer's.  Mainly because the funds raised went to those ebil scientists who were working to cure the disease.  Thankfully the church duly noted their concerns and filed them away in file 13.

22 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-jr-says-lewd-conversations-about-women-are-a-fact-of-life-160021182.html

Donald Trump Jr's defense of the pussy grabbing tape: "He speaks from the heart."

If sexual assault bragging is what comes  out of his heart he has a dark soul.

Trump supporters say he tells it like it is and I say "Well then he's a sexual assaulter" and then they get all defensive about how that's not what he really meant and God why does everyone have to be so politically correct these days? 

Not sure when politically correct went from "having human decency and understanding that words and cultures change" to something dirty and awful

3 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

Trump supporters say he tells it like it is and I say "Well then he's a sexual assaulter" and then they get all defensive about how that's not what he really meant and God why does everyone have to be so politically correct these days? 

Not sure when politically correct went from "having human decency and understanding that words and cultures change" to something dirty and awful

Trump and his supporters are like Homer Simpson in this exchange from the episode "The Last Temptation of Krust":

Homer: Heh heh heh, from now on, I'm gonna be just like Krusty and tell it like it is. Marge, you're getting a little fat around the old thighs!

Bart: Dad!

Homer: You too, Bart!

Marge: Oh, knock it off, Homer; you're the fattest one in the car!

Homer: [shocked] You didn't have to tell it like it is, Marge!

There are a couple more great hashtags I've discovered.  #DescribeTheElectionWithAGif and #BibleStoriesForTrump

On October 20, 2016 at 10:31 PM, Cartmann99 said:

I haven't gotten to watch either of them yet, but here's Secretary Clinton's speech:

Here's Trump's speech:

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/trumps-speech-at-al-smith-dinner/

Hillary's speechwriters are amazing. I can't bring myself to watch the Trump speech, when I just look at him and hear him talk I have a physical reaction of disgust and discomfort and just feel my lady parts shrivel up and die.

4 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Trump and his supporters are like Homer Simpson in this exchange from the episode "The Last Temptation of Krust":

Homer: Heh heh heh, from now on, I'm gonna be just like Krusty and tell it like it is. Marge, you're getting a little fat around the old thighs!

Bart: Dad!

Homer: You too, Bart!

Marge: Oh, knock it off, Homer; you're the fattest one in the car!

Homer: [shocked] You didn't have to tell it like it is, Marge!

Hahaha you hit the nail on the head with that one. I can't stand people who get so offended and upset when other people are offended by their asshatery.

I had a dream last night that it was Election Day, and I was constantly checking my phone for a news alert declaring Hillaru won. I was so pissed when I woke up and realized the election hasn't happened yet.

Does anyone have "Adult film actress accuses Trump of sexual misconduct" on their Trump bingo card?

Jessica Drake, 42, a porn star and sex educator, said in a statement that during a golf tournament in Lake Tahoe “10 years ago”, the Republican presidential nominee “grabbed” her and two other unnamed women tightly and kissed them on the lips “without asking permission”.

He then offered Drake $10,000 and the use of his private plane, she said, if she would agree to come back to his room and accompany him to a party.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/22/trump-news-porn-star-jessica-drake-gloria-allred

He became engaged to Melania in April of 2004, and they married in January of 2005. If this happened ten years ago, it's another stellar example of his "family values". :pb_rollseyes:

My mom just told me that Uncle Cleo has Trump signs in his lawn. Gross. At the same time, I'm not surprised, since Uncle Cleo is a black nationalist and what I can best describe as "Nation of Islam-curious" and tends towards the conservative side of the spectrum. Even so, I don't understand what he sees in Trump, who seems to have issues with blacks, Muslims of any stripe, and the fabric of reality itself. Uncle Cleo also said that someone has been stealing his signs, which says a lot since he lives in Pensacola (ie like living in Alabama with better beaches).

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived