IGNORED

Trump 5: Coming up trumps

samurai_sarah

11 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I dunno how this happened, but the Cheeto Faced Oompah Loompah sent me this and I recoiled in horror.  I'm pretty sure I don't have any spare change for him.

contribute.png

Is this a joke?  If not, is there a 30 day, satisfaction or your money back guarantee? 

So much for self-funding.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I dunno how this happened, but the Cheeto Faced Oompah Loompah sent me this and I recoiled in horror.  I'm pretty sure I don't have any spare change for him.

contribute.png

Wow, Eric must be some kind of genius to come up with such a groundbreaking idea! This changes everything!

(To be fair, Hillary's donation-begging emails are annoying too. The last one had five buttons:
Coy Koi, donate now: $1

Coy Koi, donate now: $5

Coy Koi, donate now: $10

Coy Koi, donate now: $25

Coy Koi, donate now: $50

Yes, I know the whole email was to me, Hillary. I don't need to be reminded every few words, Hillary. I already donated once, Hillary. That's just going to be have to be enough, Hillary. I'm not made of money, Hillary.)

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This has been going around FB. Not sure how reliable this guy is, but I hope he is wrong this time around.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/10/22/trump-will-win-election-professor-long-track-record-predicts

I don't believe it. This fits in the category of one more person taking advantage of gullible people for 5 minutes of recognition, and more so, to sell a book or some other such thing. I remember another one of these guys (I don't think I even put the guy's name in my memory) who in 2010 and 2011 was advertising his book about the upcoming complete economic collapse in 2012. (rolling eyes) He was also promoted - apparently - on Fox (oops, Faux). My otherwise very smart father believed that guy.

Anyway - same kind of crap.

I do believe Trump will lose. 

7 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

contribute.png

I get those emails too from Agent Orange, his current wife, and his demon spawn.   I just send them straight to the junk email folder without even looking at them.  Of course I do the same with nearly all political emails regardless of whose side the emails are from.

I'm not taking anything for granted at this point.  I've lived through the election of Richard Nixon, multiple Bush men, Ronald Reagan and other great disappointments and survived, more or less intact.  

The team color of my alma mater, University of Texas at Austin, is burnt orange.  It's fine for a football team, but burnt orange hair for four years?  I guess he could be taken on as a sort of US mascot if elected...... 

Out of curiosity, I signed up for a ticket to a Trump rally, but ended up not going.  However, the signup process harvested my cell number and an email address.  Got one political email and one call from a right-to-life group, but that's all.  Maybe they have algorithms that show me to be a dry well for funding. 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This has been going around FB. Not sure how reliable this guy is, but I hope he is wrong this time around.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/10/22/trump-will-win-election-professor-long-track-record-predicts

Sorry professor, streaks eventually end.  Just look at the Chicago Cubs.

This is the first day of early voting in my area and I am on my way to the polls.

Oh, and go Cubs! 71 years since winning the league and 109 since the WS. I am a Chicagoan.

10 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

contribute.png

What a genius Eric is... No one in the whole campaign thought to ask donations before?

On my way to early voting in about half an hour.  Have to get my ducks in a row because there are many things on the ballot here besides the presidential election -- city council members, various transportation propositions, sheriff.....

I have a question. I thought he was omg rich, and paying for his campaign with his own money so he didn't need to ask for donations like the rest of the crooked politicians.

.....did he forget about that along with his common decency ?

Marry me John Oliver. FUCKING MARRY ME!

“Of course—of course!—he wants an Emmy. It’s a woman, it’s gold, and it’s proportionate to his tiny hands. It’s basically Trump’s ideal mate,” joked Oliver. “Here’s the problem here: It increasingly seems like if Donald Trump loses, we are not going to get the concession speech that the country badly needs, because he is medically incapable of accepting that he is a loser. So we need to find a way for him to give a concession speech while he’s still able to claim that he won something. And I think I might have the answer here, because I have a proposition for Donald Trump: Let’s bet on the outcome of this election. I will take the side that you win and you take the side that you lose, that way, if you lose, you still win. As for the stakes of the bet, I have something I know that you want.”

With that, Oliver whipped out his Emmy Award—Last Week Tonight has won three so far, including for Outstanding Variety Talk Series and Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series at the 2016 Emmys—and proceeded to taunt Trump with the gold statuette, offering it up in exchange for a concession speech. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/24/john-oliver-offers-donald-trump-his-emmy-to-bow-out-gracefully.html

1 hour ago, GeoBQn said:

I did early voting yesterday.  From getting in line to turning in my ballot, the whole process took 2 hours.

Done!  Took us about 45 minutes.  The elections workers are all new to this and were in their first 90 minutes on the job, so a few things were getting sorted out.  The early voting station is in the foyer of a Chinese/Vietnamese supermarket, so the smells from fresh fish and the contents of grocery carts was quite interesting. 

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

I adore John Oliver! I make the effort to stay up late Sunday nights to watch his show when it first airs, even though I DVR it as well. I was laying in bed while watching this last night and was laughing so hard I thought my neighbors might call me to complain (I live in a condo).

He is always interesting, but his pieces about Agent Orange over the last year are priceless.

2 minutes ago, Tesseract said:

Fan of Bill Maher or not, this is some seriously funny stuff! 

Bill Maher Donald Trump Orangatan Lawsuit

Last week's "Real Time with Bill Maher" featured some obnoxious t-shirts about Cheeto (in the vein of the ugly shirts Cheeto's supporters wear about Hillary). One of the funniest was the picture of the Orangutan that he always features with a caption that read I don't care if he's my son, I'm voting for Hillary.  The other T-shirt that made me laugh like crazy was one with a picture of Melania on the top below the words "Fake Tits" and pictures of Cheeto and Mike Pence below the words "Real Boobs".

I guess Eric didn't take Spanish in school.

If you guys remember, last week I posted about the problems my daughter, sister, and I were having with my (usually wonderful) mom's support of Trump. So, we texted back and forth about it for a while. Her opinions can be boiled down to: "Okay he's not super cool, but the Clintons are way worse!" and, when pressed, "I'm too busy loving my children and grandchildren to worry about this so why are you picking on me?!" Yes, she is very busy loving her children and grandchildren. And honestly I don't really care if she thinks the Clintons are horrible (I take issue with "worse", but whatever).

Still, we couldn't just let it slide. I told my mom (with prior agreement from my sister) that we had both been victims of men like Trump and it feels like a slap in the face for her to take his side over ours, and yes, you do have to take a side. She said she doesn't know that he is a sexual predator, and that what he said was obnoxious and jerkish and she would not be friends with him, and indeed she thinks he should step down and let Pence run, BUT all he really said was that the women LET him do it, so it wasn't assault (of course I refuted that and I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys how). She then texted me about a million times to assure me that she would never ever ever support a sexual predator and she is deeply saddened by what happened to me and wants to know more (I had never really told her before, but why she would think this would be the time I would feel like telling her, I couldn't say). But she stopped short of agreeing to stop supporting Trump.

So what it comes down to is this: she said all this stuff about him being such an obnoxious jerk, but literally a couple days before she had put a Trump bumper sticker on her car. It's so crazy to me because she's never once put a sticker on a car in her life and she's always so overprotective of her cars, often parking far away from other cars to avoid any possible scratches (she not an auto enthusiast by ANY means, she's just an overprotective person by nature). But she was also really hurt by my sister and daughter and I "attacking" her (although we were so careful to keep saying we love her no matter what and it is not meant as an attack...unfortunately my mom was raised by parents whose love is quite conditional so she has a hard time not feeling attacked).

On behalf of my sister and daughter and myself, I created and ordered the following car magnet, which I will sneak over and put on her car to cover up her Trump sticker, once it arrives. My mom likes birds. It was the cutest, most loving act of passive-aggressive protest I could come up with!

somebirdylovesme.jpg

4 hours ago, smittykins said:

No early voting in NY.  Bah. :my_sad:

Yeah, that stinks, but I'm going that morning.  My boss is excusing everyone who shows up late after voting.

My dad is a Republican, but he is terrified by the idea of a Trump presidency.  He is also a retired US history teacher, and he is absolutely livid over the speech Trump gave at Gettysburg.  "That is sacred, hallowed ground, and he talked about suing all the women who said he assaulted them!  He might as well have defected there!"

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived