IGNORED

Trump 5: Coming up trumps

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, Curious said:

There are a couple more great hashtags I've discovered.  #DescribeTheElectionWithAGif and #BibleStoriesForTrump

For your viewing pleasure, a small sample:

IMG_3546.PNGIMG_3547.PNGIMG_3548.PNG

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raw Story has an article up on tonight's episode of Saturday Night Live. The opening sketch was about the last debate, and they have embedded the video in their article.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/settle-down-entire-planet-tom-hanks-kills-it-as-chris-wallace-in-snls-3rd-trumpclinton-debate/

The part where "Trump" says he's winning every poll taken outside of a Cracker Barrel had me laughing. Unfortunately, now I'm craving chicken and dumplings at midnight.  :pb_lol:

@Cartmann99 thanks for the SNL link.  Their scripts are writing themselves :)  This was great!

Imma with you on some CB eats.  Right about now sounds good.  Do they deliver?

Trump supporters say he tells it like it is and I say "Well then he's a sexual assaulter" and then they get all defensive about how that's not what he really meant and God why does everyone have to be so politically correct these days? 
Not sure when politically correct went from "having human decency and understanding that words and cultures change" to something dirty and awful

Something I've noticed is that telling it like it is seems to be an excuse to spout the most racist, homophobic, vile garbage out there. And the real beef these people have is that they can't go around calling people racial slurs in public.

I'll take "Bad Optics" for $1000, Alex.

Page Six has exclusively learned that a trio of senior Trump advisers was fixated on a different type of “pole” the night before Trump’s final debate with Clinton this past week in Las Vegas. The excursion’s been the talk of the campaign trail.

Sources said that Trump campaign senior communications adviser Jason Miller — along with female colleagues including senior adviser and surrogate A.J. Delgado and deputy communications director Jessica Ditto — went with several members of the media from networks, including CNN, NBC and ABC, to Sapphire Las Vegas Strip Club before the big night.

http://pagesix.com/2016/10/22/trump-advisers-went-to-strip-club-night-before-last-debate/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

5 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Yes!! Called it! Or rather hoped for it because it would be hilarious. Though I was expecting Trump to be in trouble for this...

Family values: cheating on your wives, wanting to bang your daughter, sexually harassing women, and going to strip clubs.

Here is an open letter telling Christians they must vote for Trump because he has conservative Christian friends and Hillary will turn America into North Korea. Also, America is the only place on earth where you can print and distribute Bibles.

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=5982ccb156cc7262d02556ff5&id=15f2af824b&e=e8a4c1a30e

Imagine the government putting video cameras all over your church, defining what the pastor should preach. Any sermon coming across as attacking other religions, faiths, or cults will be punishable by prison. Imagine the government levying taxes on the tithes of believers, listening to what you say and watching what you do 24/7. Imagine not being able to carry your Bible in the street or knock on doors to witness. Imagine having metal bars on your house windows to protect you from thieves and burglars. Rather than raising little pets, you raise Rottweilers and German Shepherds just to protect yourself. 

Imagine a state where rebellious children report their parents and even their pastor to the government. People become spies on one another. Traditional religion controlling everything. Churches preaching the Gospel described as proselytes and haters. 

Oh for crying out loud... this is so not funny anymore. At which part of the process do people turn their brains off?

We can write a totally fictional imaginary dystopia of what happens in Trumplandia and that will prove that Trump is the second coming of the devil?

My local newspaper, The Austin American Statesman, has been hitting it out of the ballpark the last week or so with investigative articles related to Texas and national election politics:  the insanity that reigns in elections in several counties in deep south Texas and the difficulties Texas imposes on those who wish to register voters, resulting in lower voter registration rates state-wide for poor blacks and Hispanics.  Today's article, though, put me deep brain-fry territory. First, I discovered that Alex Jones of Info Wars, yes, the alt right  nut case, conspiracy "theorist" 9/11-was-an-inside-job Alex Jones, lives right here in my home town.  Who knew?

However, this was not the shocker.  The author of the article makes a compelling case that Trump is totally influenced by Alex Jones.  Apparently, it comes out of Alex Jones' mouth, and is heard coming out of Trump's mouth within 24 to 48 hours.  Trump is ignoring his advisers and channeling Alex Jones.  If that's not chilling information on exactly how important this election is......

Link to this article is here http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/the-voice-in-donald-trumps-head-austins-alex-jones/nst9F/

This may not be news to some of you, because after I read the article, I googled "Trump influenced by Alex Jones?" and came up with 

Trump Reportedly Praised Alex Jones For Having “One Of The Greatest Influences” He’s Ever Seenhttp://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2016/10/07/trump-reportedly-praised-alex-jones-having-one-greatest-influences-he-s-ever-seen/213616

“Totally Synced”: How Donald Trump And Alex Jones’ Conspiracy Theory Movement Speaks With One Voice http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/08/12/totally-synced-how-donald-trump-and-alex-jones-conspiracy-theory-movement-speaks-one-voice/212362

Of all the things that we're been hearing and seeing about Trump, this is HANDS DOWN THE WORST, the absolutely worst.  And it's not new -- Alex Jones interviewed Trump last December.  Hillary Clinton has made an ad about it. 

Clinton Makes An Ad Explaining Conspiracy King Alex Jones And His Curious Influence on Donald Trump

http://theslot.jezebel.com/clinton-makes-an-ad-explaining-conspiracy-king-alex-jon-1787874518

Really, I wish I hadn't read this.  The scary part it, Alex Jones has a huuuuge and fanatical following in this country. Even in 2011, Rolling Stone magazine noted

Jones draws a bigger audience online than Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck combined — and his conspiracy-laced rants make the two hosts sound like tea-sipping NPR hosts on Zoloft.

I'm gobsmacked and can't believe we're this far into the election and I missed this. 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Here is an open letter telling Christians they must vote for Trump because he has conservative Christian friends and Hillary will turn America into North Korea. Also, America is the only place on earth where you can print and distribute Bibles.

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=5982ccb156cc7262d02556ff5&id=15f2af824b&e=e8a4c1a30e

I'd love to tell the Feghalys to imagine treating others with respect and dignity and not attacking others because their beliefs happen to be different than yours.  Imagine acting like mature adults when people call you out on your bullshit and not whining about just how persecuted you are.  Imagine growing up like former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams has suggested...

theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/aug/15/rowan-williams-persecuted-christians-grow-up

Christians in Britain and the US who claim that they are persecuted should "grow up" and not exaggerate what amounts to feeling "mildly uncomfortable", according to Rowan Williams, who last year stepped down as archbishop of Canterbury after an often turbulent decade.

"When you've had any contact with real persecuted minorities you learn to use the word very chastely," he said. "Persecution is not being made to feel mildly uncomfortable. 'For goodness sake, grow up,' I want to say."

True persecution was "systematic brutality and often murderous hostility that means that every morning you wonder if you and your children are going to live through the day". He cited the experience of a woman he met in India "who had seen her husband butchered by a mob".

2 hours ago, Howl said:

However, this was not the shocker.  The author of the article makes a compelling case that Trump totally influenced by Alex Jones.  Apparently, it comes out of Alex Jones' mouth, and is heard coming out of Trump's mouth within 24 to 48 hours.  Trump is ignoring his advisers and channeling Alex Jones.  If that's not chilling information on exactly how important this election is......

@Howl, I'm sorry that you are just now learning about the connections between Alex Jones and Trump. I honestly thought you weren't talking about Alex Jones because he's from your area, and you are sick of hearing about his never ending stream of crazy. When I heard his stuff about Clinton and Obama being demons who smell of sulfur, I think I sprained my eyes from rolling them so hard. 

Yeah, I feel like I must have been living under a damn rock, even though my husband is watching about from 1-2 hours of election coverage every damn day for months and I having been keeping very close tabs as well.  Somehow the Alex Jones connection escaped both of us, but probably because he's watching a lot of CNN and this must be totally eclipsed by  Trump's  scandals du jour and this is the first time our newspaper has covered it.

To me, as noted in my previous post, it is the very worst part of the general Trump insanity and should be covered on a daily basis by all major news outlets.  But that's just me.  When I'm queen of the world, I tell you, things will be different!  

ETA: I just walked in the living room and Face the Nation is interviewing undecided voters.  Before I realized that it was Face the Nation,  (and I am totally serious here) I thought I was watching an SNL skit as a young woman was discussing why this is such a hard decision for millennials.  

Imagine a state where rebellious children report their parents and even their pastor to the government. People become spies on one another. Traditional religion controlling everything. Churches preaching the Gospel described as proselytes and haters. 

Isn't this Trump’s proposal for fighting "Islamic terrorism"?

Egads!!!

We came down to our winter home in south Florida on Thursday and found out that Trump is holding a rally in our city (Naples) tonight, Sunday, at 6pm. They're expecting 10,000 people to attend and are warning the north side of the city is going to be in virtual traffic gridlock from 3pm on. 

THEN, this morning, a neighbour acquaintance offered my husband and I tickets to attend the rally with him and his wife as they had 2 extras. My dear husband sputtered something about us being Canadian and wanting to stay out of the US political process. That, and the fact that our American daughter in law would refuse to ever speak to us again if we did attend! 

56 minutes ago, Howl said:

ETA: I just walked in the living room and Face the Nation is interviewing undecided voters.  Before I realized that it was Face the Nation,  (and I am totally serious here) I thought I was watching an SNL skit as a young woman was discussing why this is such a hard decision for millennials.  

Speaking of SNL skits, we've got to vote for Trump because he's obviously a Time Lord. When he's our president, we will be magically transported to a era before the invention of abortion and gay people!!11!!

I'm not exactly sure when that would be since The Gays!!11!! have been around as long as people have, and women have been using a variety of means to induce abortions for thousands of years, but I guess Barbara's too busy focusing on "Making America Great Again!" to think about such matters.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

women have been using a variety of means to induce abortions for thousands of years

Before retiring,  I worked helping grad students and one of my students noted that there was a medicinal plant with possibly abortifacient/contraceptive  properties (Silphium, IIRC) growing in north Africa that was over harvested to extinction.   Somehow that was a digression about me wanting to find a copy of  John Allegro's  book The Sacred Mushroom and The Cross: A study of the nature and origins of Christianity within the fertility cults of the ancient Near East.  But yes, women have taken desperate measures to terminate pregnancies for a very very long time. 

ETA: One more thing.  Let's say that Hillary wins on Nov. 8.  My take is that the Donald will instantly become irrelevant, except to his most ardent leg humpers, who don't really count  anymore.  It wouldn't matter if he "contested" the election.  So what?  He has no standing.  

Also, in my brief viewing of Face the Nation, I missed the Nevada woman in @Cartmann99's post.   Honestly, I never realized that so many Americans believe in magic. 

Early voting tomorrow morning! Can't wait. 

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

Before retiring,  I worked helping grad students and one of my students noted that there was a medicinal plant with possibly abortifacient/contraceptive  properties (Silphium, IIRC) growing in north Africa that was over harvested to extinction.   Somehow that was a digression about me wanting to find a copy of  John Allegro's  book The Sacred Mushroom and The Cross: A study of the nature and origins of Christianity within the fertility cults of the ancient Near East.  But yes, women have taken desperate measures to terminate pregnancies for a very very long time. 

I couldn't remember the name of the plant, but I remember reading about this. Wouldn't it be amazing if it was found growing elsewhere so that modern day scientists could study it?

And of course Agent Orange's campaign didn't bother locking down the trump.tv and trump.org domain names, as shown below.

1.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/302410-anonymous-buyer-purchases-trumporg-to-launch-anti-trump

Eric Trump is being interviewed by George  Stephanopoulos.  He's definitely channeling Kellyanne Conway.  He dropped the what would-have-happened-if my-dad-had-been-fed-the-debate-questions-ahead-of-time-instead-of-Hillary line, implying of course that Hillary had been prepped by being given the questions ahead of time and got away with it.  Also implying that there is the possibility that the election will be rigged to elect Hillary.  I reiterate: if/when Trump loses, there is a process in place to assure the orderly succession of power and Trump will be irrelevant and extraneous to that process.   

Trump is basically a human air horn who will instantly lose pressure.  Maybe there will be enough air pressure left for a few honks and bleats tapering off to a brief wheeze. 

So glad I can vent of FJ! 

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Yeah, I feel like I must have been living under a damn rock, even though my husband is watching about from 1-2 hours of election coverage every damn day for months and I having been keeping very close tabs as well.  Somehow the Alex Jones connection escaped both of us, but probably because he's watching a lot of CNN and this must be totally eclipsed by  Trump's  scandals du jour and this is the first time our newspaper has covered it.

To me, as noted in my previous post, it is the very worst part of the general Trump insanity and should be covered on a daily basis by all major news outlets.  But that's just me.  When I'm queen of the world, I tell you, things will be different!  

I saw that segment of Face the Nation. Boy, you are so right about that young woman. I also thought she was joking at first, but then was horrified when I realized she was serious. That blond-haired woman with glasses who supported Agent Orange also drove me a little crazy.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

And of course Agent Orange's campaign didn't bother locking down the trump.tv and trump.org domain names, as shown below.

1.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/302410-anonymous-buyer-purchases-trumporg-to-launch-anti-trump

This is absolutely classic! I hope the owners of those two domains don't back down.

I'm getting really depressed about the future of my country. Hopefully the polls are correct, and Trump will lose, but I don't think his supporters are going to crawl back under their rocks. I worry that next election cycle, we'll see another candidate supporting Trump's views. If that person is charismatic and not so obviously unstable, they may stand a much better chance of being elected.

I understand why people may disagree with Hillary or the Democratic party.  I understand why my fundie-lite family members who dislike Trump still feel they must vote for the Republican platform, even though I think they are horribly misguided. But I can't understand the people who actually LIKE Trump, and who don't seem bothered by his obvious lies and ignorance. I hate to think that many people are that stupid, but I can't come up with a more charitable explanation.

Just a reminder that early voting starts Monday, October 24th for the following states:

Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Texas

If you are not a resident of one of those states, please follow this link to find information about your state:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/early-voting-states-228435

If early voting is an option in your location, the polling place may be different than the one for Election Day. Please check with the city or county government in your location to determine where you need to go to cast your vote.

:angry-soapbox:

Don't get complacent and think you don't need to vote because the latest polls are favoring Secretary Clinton. When sane people don't vote, we end up with nutbags like Donald Trump running the show.

If you have already voted, thank you! :u-rock:

I dunno how this happened, but the Cheeto Faced Oompah Loompah sent me this and I recoiled in horror.  I'm pretty sure I don't have any spare change for him.

contribute.png

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived