IGNORED

The Bayby Brothers being obnoxious

julie paradox

(Sorry, I can't help reading their name wrong...)

Latest post is how if you love your child more than God then God might punish you by having the child die.

That's not a snarky paraphrase.

They have a long paraphrase from John Calvin about loving the things of this world too much. Calvin wrote - when? - 1700's? Back when life was nasty, brutish, and short. People were used to the idea that anything could be ripped away from you in an instant. I know that we say that now, in this day and age, too, that this can happen, but most of us don't really believe it will happen to us. Life seems more stable than 300 years ago. Anyway, not sure where I'm going with this, but I think saying that God will take your child away if you love it too much, is just stupid fear-mongering.

What kind of god do these people worship? He sounds brutish, selfish and random in his cruetly. He doesn't kill Hitler but he strikes an innocent child dead because his or her parents love their child too much.

It sounds as if they were trying to brow beat the wife into forgiving the husband for some wrong.

Seeing our husband's sin exposes our own sin, also, as the Holy Spirit leads us away from worshipping man to love and adore God Alone.

The discipline is difficult. And if we are tempted to reject it and continue to hold our idolatry precious, it is the love of our Heavenly Father to intensify it until we unstiffen our necks

When I was very young, I told my mother that I loved her more than anything. She responded with alarm and told me that I should love God more than anyone. At the time, that didnt' disturb me but now I'm deeply troubled by her response. Why would a supreme being require more love given to it than to our spouses, children and parents? After all, I don't expect my own kids to love me more than their siblings or my husband.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, the Baybys!!!! (Love it.) This latest post is some fucked up shit. Also, can you imagine having the Babbling Bayly's counsel you on your marriage? I just can't, can't imagine having those guys counsel me on my marriage.

I have been shaking my head all day about their Sept. 12 post on fighter pilot Heather Penney, who was charged with ramming Flight 93 on 9/11 to take it down and keep it from hitting a target, at the almost certain loss of her own life if she had found the plane before it went down. The Baylys' response:

-- ZOMG!!! What if Penney had been pregnant at the time???

-- The "manly men" (yeah, they really used that phrase) of Flight 93 should get credit for saving Penney's life by forcing the plane to crash before she could find it. (Nice erasing o the women who were also likely involved in that decision and that effort, not to mention the sacrifice of their lives!)

-- They portray Penney as a passive victim of the men who sent her on the mission -- thus erasing the fact that she eagerly signed up to be a fighter pilot as soon as those combat positions were opened to women.

-- They sniff disapprovingly at the fact that Penney -- a hero who was ready to give up her life for her country -- is today a single mother of 2 daughters.

Maybe Heather Penney had to go up because those lazyass Baby Brothers were sitting on their butts in Bloomington, doing nothing to help the country. How dare they criticize her when they did nothing at all? Why don't they enlist if they are so worried about us precious females?

Maybe Heather Penney had to go up because those lazyass Baby Brothers were sitting on their butts in Bloomington, doing nothing to help the country. How dare they criticize her when they did nothing at all? Why don't they enlist if they are so worried about us precious females?

This,

Yeah, someone needs to tell the Baybe brothers that patriotism is more than sitting on your butt criticizing American soldiers on your internet who are not your right kind of gender....

I think the Stinking Fishwife is more annoying than the Baybe brothers, but just by a nose......

Archived