IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, patsymae said:

I have a huge tolerance for crappy tv, but even I can't figure out why this is still on the air. 

I wonder why I watch it, but I can't help myself!

I get now why they will do jinge's wedding hush hush because you can only take so much from her fakeness. At least Jessa wasn't like this - Jill i forget - but Jinge is the worst 

That and Jeremy has a screw loose if he is associated with these people 

flip flops in the country - they are all stupid 

Ben's heart is is full of youth - he wants to mentor the world 

10 minutes ago, nst said:

no she is desperately in love with him like a child

she is annoying me more than I thought 

Yeah, she is over the top, I see girls acting like this but they are 16 and still in high school. 

Counting on... Its Officially out of ideas.  Part 3

They're driving to missouri.  Jinger is facetiming with Jeremy and is concerned there wont be signal.  She misses him and wishes he was there.

Joe says its different at home because they're stuck together on the bus.  They're all clearly fed up with her cooing.

JInger - if we get there and there is no reception I'll figure out how to send a smoke signal and have someone rescue us.

Jeremy wants her to call as soon as they get there.  They exchange "I love yous"

They drive on a one lane gravel road (the bus has a price written on the front window 12k)

Joy says she can have an hour/day on the phone.

They take a tour of the property - teepees etc.  

Jinger decides to stay in the RV.  They're introduced to the instructors (who are wearing shorts and BAREFOOT).  I wonder if one of these guys is for Jana... Joy is wearing flip flops.  Way to dress to survive!

They learn to start a fire.  JD says he'd rather use a propane torch.

They boys learn how to do friction fire.  They girls get fire starters.  The instructor comments that they are inappropriately dressed in skirts and sandals. Joy says they're going to see a lot of poison ivy.

JD says he has country tendencies but likes to access the city.

Josiah is a city boy... he's in between. He can get things done.

Jed or Jer starts the fire.

Now all 3 instructors are wiht the girls.  Jinger is afraid she'll fuck up her ring finger (no ring on it yet).

Joy - JInger is not a country girl and likes houses.

Jana - I dont like the city but I dont like the back woods country.

I DEFINITELY SEE A JANA FUTURE HERE

Back at the house of spurge... Bin takes spurge for a spin with the football guy... he wants to start a camp because kids like "active things".

Steve drives and talks as spurge sings inthe back.  They ignore him.

They get to a gym and Steve has his child too.  Bin tells him how he wants to put on the football camp.  

Jessa says he wants to open the camp for people to love on them.

Flashback to bin talking about his inner city ministry with flame and his friends.

Bin says he can feed them, train them, and share a message.

Steve says that he has a similar concept to "pour into" kids.  I'm not going ANYWHERE NEAR THAT SHIT.

At the end there is a scrimmage and the winner gets XYZ.

Steve thinks its a great idea to uplift kids to see if they want to play sports and help kids.

Bin wants to do it ASAP.  Its still basic, he's trying to contact people.

Jessa - I feel like each one of us, we need to look for ways to bless their lives.  This is bin's calling and she cant wait to see how god uses this in his life.

Steve is excited to "teach kids how to play football again."

Bin shakes his hand.... um, he has to drive you home... unless that was a pretend road trip too... 

I'm calling it now -- Jana runs off with ponytail guy. He's got his eye on the girls, after all!

And wtf with the flip flops in the woods? Why am I even surprised?

Was it just me or did the RV have a price written on the windshield?  I thought a "family friend" loaned it to them?

3rd commercials

so many commercials for allergy meds 

TLC promos

ACT anticavity

Taco bell

Empire tv spot

Creditkarma

Nasacort

Toyota

Allegra

Toyota again

TLC promos

Good Lord are the in Syria? They are totally paranoid white conservatives, scared of the brown people.  I'd almost rather listen to Jing coo over her phone. 

I agree with some who posted before about something must've happened to warrent Jill and Derrick's 'danger talks' because last season and the special they were out and about among the locals, letting people hold and carry Israel all the time

Does anyone see the bear?

Well that was borning 

this was hands down horrid episode 

what with "jinge" face timing and acting like a 12 year old and sleeping on a jeremy pillow - she is nauseating on a whole new level 

and Jill acting all depressed 

and that awful survival time in the woods with flip flops 

ben who needs to monopolize a conversation who I swear was hanging out with Josh's trainer 

Oh look it's the taco's for life lady next week 

A collection of my thoughts from the episode.

Ben working out with Spurgeon- is that safe? I have no kids, so I'm not sure, but it doesn't look super safe.

Jana: I'm a small town girl at heart

Me: LIVING IN A LONELY WO-ORLD

Jinger reminds me of some relationships I saw play out by the lockers in 6th grade. As for the early I-love-yous, I speculate that they had been courting for a while before they announced it, and the "courtship announcement" on television was purely staged.

Jill: Doors help with security and bugs not getting in. People have to knock before seeing who's in the house... This seems very specific. Maybe they had a negative experience with someone entering their home without their permission, and that's what spooked Jill. Who knows. It's possible.

And who would have thought? All that bear talk was a whole lot of... nothing. At least until next week. Snoooooze.

18 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I wonder if we'll actually see a bear or if that was just set up

:nothingtoadd:

I have absolutely nothing to add except to say that, that right there is not a sentence I thought I'd ever see in a Duggar watch thread. 

This show sure is getting weeeeeird! 

Counting on ... TLC showing ads without permission PART 4

In sintral amerika... Derick reminds us why the fuck they're there.

Izzy plays with a ball.  They explain they are energized by why they're there.  Jill tells us that Michelle and Boob "gift" us with a/c.  Jill likes to keep the doors closed. Its a security thing for them because they can feel safer because people have to knock

OMINOUS MUSAK

Jessa is concerned because is UNSAFE AND DANGEROUS and they have to keep that in mind as they're there.  they take precautions but at the ned of the day its not safe

Derick - theres violence.  Its important that they relate to the people.... kidnapping, rape, murder... these are realities they face.

Jill 0 we have to be aware of surroundings

Josiah - Jill asks us to pray because theres violence all around us.  They think about them.  Someday they may not call you back

Derick - they have to have precautions and not be naive but not isolate ourselves and negatreour purpose.

Jill - its risky here. We stand out so, we're high risk. We have to talk abot things back in the states we wouldnt talk about now if you die, what do I do from there, if you dont come home at this hour, what do I do.  Its hard to talk about thiose things but its good to know what to do.

Derick - I love my life here. Theres no where else I'drather be.  I want to learn to live in an environemtn that I can be accomplishing what god wans.  The need is real and we're called to meet that need.

Back at fake danger camp...

The girls want the boys to build a fire so they can do wimmenz work and cook.  They're on their own, no instructors.  There are bears, snakes, and coyotes.  

The girls get hot dogs and chips out of the truck.  I also see pickles and smores stuff.  They skewer hot dogs on metal skewers - WHAT HAPPENED TO SURVIVING WITH JUST A KNIFE? THIS IS FUCKING CAMPING!

They make smores.

They were told to put the food away when they were done iwth dinner.  The girls are glad they're staying in the RV... JInger says its like a zoo.

The fire burns... they go to bed (didnt put the food away)... There are no doors where the boys are sleeping.   

JInger is on the phone with jeremy... everyone else is sleeping.  Joy decides to sleep in a hammock and asks joe for help.  Jinger notices... A BEAR! ZOMG Joy is outside! They call to joy (except none of this is on camera, its all recapped...)

And... thats the end???

Next week - they tease asking JIll if she's pregnant.

Part 2 of fake survival camp! 

Wow... I dont even know what the fuck I just watched... 

1 minute ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I agree with some who posted before about something must've happened to warrent Jill and Derrick's 'danger talks' because last season and the special they were out and about among the locals, letting people hold and carry Israel all the time

I watched last season again this weekend... When they were out and about with the baby they were in a more "settled" environment when they were at Language school for a month  when Grandma Cathy was staying with them. Then they moved to  what Derrick called "the middle of the jungle".

Advertisers 8/30/16 Arizona

TLC x2

Gold Bond

Taco Hell Bell x2

Movie Storks

DVD Jungle Book

Act Kids Mouthwash x2

Addiction Network

Knightline Legal

Queen Sugar on OWN Network

Nasacort

Disappointments Room

VariDesk.com

Black and Decker

Act Mouthwash for adults

TLC x1

1-800-DrugHurt

TLC x3 (teaser for Jill pregnancy)

Empire on Fox

Movie Bridget Jones Baby

Credit Karma x2

Child Nasacort

You're the Worst on Fox

TLC x3

Does anyone know when the Duggars actually went to this, like as in what month? Could it have been this month? I wish I knew exactly when these episodes actually happened.

I saw a picture on Pickles' fb detailing this trip and the fb post said "earlier this year" the Duggars went to that camp thing. Their timing always frustrates me!

27 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

3rd commercials

so many commercials for allergy meds 

Nasacort

Allegraa

Giggle giggle snort snort snort!

Take the hint, Ben. Get a TV and watch this show. The commercials might help those allergies!

(Having allergy commercials on during Ben's show is... classic! What great product almost placement!:my_biggrin:

At least they ordered Italian take out, because I can imagine them making chickenetti because it sounds Eyetalian.

Is Jill's furrowed brow in keeping with a beautiful countenance or whatever the heck they say?

Looks like she doesn't have faith in God or her headship to protect them in CA.

Derrick talks about the circumstances with a cautious but relaxed attitude. He seems aware that some sort of danger exists, but he is not focusing on it. I was impressed with his attitude. Jill, not so much.

It seriously annoys me so much that when a girl is courting, Duggars are like, "oh she's in la-la land so she can't really help with stuff," as if courtship is a medical condition they now all have to accommodate.

I hope nothing happened for her to be this afraid in the home.  She seemed more relaxed but cautious last season.  I can't imagine living in fear for my child's safety

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived