IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

these people on Lilly s blog are so deluded and funny.  They think we believe the time frame. 

I should tell them that Michelle was in the room when Mrs Seewald gave birth and see if they can figure it out :D

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

One of the Bates kids recently had a Paw Patrol shirt on too. (Not sure how they handle the female pup having a job though)

I'm guessing either they changed their rules and approved that cartoon, or they just saw a cute puppy in a fire/police uniform and bought the shirt.

Since it's Jill, probably the latter. 

They watch some TV. I think on the Bates website it says the favorite TV show of one of the youngest boys was Paw Patrol. 

The fact that I remember that is disturbing.

I have finally managed to watch Episode 2 and made some commentary along the way.

Here's my review:

Oh God – Jinge is developing that baby voice! Speak woman!  Speak normally!

Jeremy on Courtship: “I like her, why would I want to take her to court”.  Dear Lord – it’s Fundie humour.  Kill me now and it’s only 1 minute in to the show

Here it comes, marriage advice from 2 people who have confused photo opportunities with an actual relationship.

Oh Ben – get off the grass…

Courtship standards: Ffs – the sexual tension between Jeremy and Jinger is soooo obvious.  They are going to end up married soley so they can jump each other’s bones.  Let them have a roll in the hay and then see if there is actually anything there that would make a proper relationship work.  There’s a reason that most of us have love-lives that consist of a few weeks or months of blissful infatuation followed by crying into a bowl of ice-cream with a bottle of vodka – we take the time to move past the early shit.  It takes a while to find the one you don’t mind having around after the lust-chemicals have worn off.

And why are they all so busy to get together for a meal or even cook a meal?  What jobs do any of them have?

Shut up Jessa!  Focus on your man-child husband’s inability to eat properly before you start picking on kids.

Facetime with Jill: Why can’t they leave the people of Cintral America alone?  What have they done to deserve Duggar mission trips?  I guess they can all be happy that there evil Catholic ways are an opportunity to start fundie courtships…

And shut up about the adoption thing.  Either do it or get over it! 

Ben is hoping Spurgeon will be athletic as he gets older.  God forbid he wants to read books and learn instead…  Neither Ben nor Jessa would be any help there.

Survival Camp:  OH PLEASE YES!  SOMEONE DROP THESE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS! I’LL PAY FOR THE HELICOPTER!

Now they are lighting the fire and I’m just waiting for all that hair to go up in flames.  Don’t put hairspray near naked flames people (oh shit – I said naked!  They would be shocked!)

Ben is really going ahead with this football camp bullshit.  No you cannot be a mentor for youth.  Mentors need to have actually done something to mentor about!  And you can’t just go out at ‘bless’ young people who are probably experiencing multiple and complex issues that require actual professional intervention!

And the episode ends with the shocking news that bears really do shit in the woods!

8 hours ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

No you cannot be a mentor for youth.  Mentors need to have actually done something to mentor about!

Never a truer word spoken! Back in my day, mentors were people who taught you how to get into work or contribute to society. What's he going to do? teach kids how to marry into money?

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:21 PM, MargaretElliott said:

"I'm more observant than people give me credit for" maybe Derick's on FJ

It occurred to me that it's not FJ that they're reading, it's probably the fan sites (whatever they are).  Why they go on and on about something like, what Ben likes to style Spurge in (something soft) or whatever took like many more minutes than necessary. Maybe the fans just eat that stuff up. 

1 hour ago, anotherone said:

It occurred to me that it's not FJ that they're reading, it's probably the fan sites (whatever they are).  Why they go on and on about something like, what Ben likes to style Spurge in (something soft) or whatever took like many more minutes than necessary. Maybe the fans just eat that stuff up. 

Now hold on for a second. Derrick can't possibly be reading FJ or the fan sites. They are in CENTRAL AMERICA (because god forbid they ever say the name of the actual country, its like when people say AFRICA instead of the actual country...but I digress. This is a pet peeve of mine.) and its so DANGEROUS that the Duggars had to buy them Air Conditioners since all the people want to kidnap Israel.  They can't possibly have good enough WIFI in such a dangerous place where Jill has to be concerned that Derick might die that he has the time/energy/or ability to check web sites...they're fighting for the lives.  (please note sarcasm.)

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Now hold on for a second. Derrick can't possibly be reading FJ or the fan sites. They are in CENTRAL AMERICA (because god forbid they ever say the name of the actual country, its like when people say AFRICA instead of the actual country...but I digress. This is a pet peeve of mine.) and its so DANGEROUS that the Duggars had to buy them Air Conditioners since all the people want to kidnap Israel.  They can't possibly have good enough WIFI in such a dangerous place where Jill has to be concerned that Derick might die that he has the time/energy/or ability to check web sites...they're fighting for the lives.  (please note sarcasm.)

The country of Central America is much more different than Normal America.  Thank Jesus they were able to close their door so the kidnappers and wild animals and bugs knew to stay out.

I've only seen small parts of the new show.  So they're safely back in Arkansas living somewhere?  Are they staying for the wedding filming and planning on returning at some point?  I can't imagine Jill really wants to go back there to spend her days in lock-down with a toddler while Derick wanders the streets trying to save Catholics in his broken Spanish.  

On 9/2/2016 at 10:50 AM, OyToTheVey said:

I can't agree more with you. WTF do they do all day? Jessa obviously doesn't clean (tons of layered dust in her house), clearly doesn't know how to cook. What do they do all day? Josie is almost 7. She doesn't need constant supervision. They also have a live in tutor so they don't teach the kids anymore. No wonder they keep sweet. I'd start using a fake crazy voice too if I was going brain numb.

Obviously Jana does all the work (raising the kids, cooking, cleaning etc. ) I think Joy is starting to become the new Jana I always see her cooking in the background or taking care of Spud. 

But I think before all that all Jinger and Jessa ever did was spend all day looking in mirrors being vain. At least Jill had her midwifery to study, and I do recall her cooking lots in 19kac. 

I don't think Jessa does anything around her house now though, everytime theres a meal it looks like Ben is cooking it  or the j-slaves come over to cook while she watches spud or they just go over to TTH

I am still on page 16 of the thread. But I am just now watching this week's episode. 

Sorry I am likely repeating repeating everyone else.

But here are my thoughts as I watch...

Why do they always comment about how the female in the relationship is suddenly stupid? I mean, they don't say "stupid." But it's all about how Jinger is suddenly in la-la land or whatever. They said the same things about Jill and Jessa, I think. Because they have a boyfriend they suddenly can't concentrate on real life anymore? Not normal, IMO. Just shows how immature they are in relationships.

Oh goody...they are talking about how hard it is for the outsider to get used to the loudness of their family. I haven't heard this before at all!

Ben trying to be funny at the dinner table. No, just no, Ben. Stop.

Joe - "Don't want want to just hand our sister over to anybody." WHAT? If my brother talked about me as if I were an object or property, I would be disgusted.

I am actually with Ben on the "style" tip for baby. My kid basically lived in one-piece sleepers the first 6 months or so of his life. Much more comfortable for baby, IMO.

I wonder if mission trips will be the new go-to for the girls to find husbands. *gag*

They act like it's just soooo out of the ordinary for Jill to be far away. Um, tons of people move away from their families and rarely see them. This doesn't make them special or interesting at all.

Jessa tells Ben to buckle Spurge into his car seat and she says "Just make sure..." but I didn't catch the rest. Anyone know what she said?

I noticed the stick figures on the van. Who owns it?

I am glad Jessa is basically trying to hold Spurge's neck while Ben is flopping him around like an idiot in the gym. You can tell Jessa was not a fan of what he was doing. She is laughing but she didn't like it, I'm sure.

Survival camp? They will never need this. Oh good lord, the pillow case. Again, so juvenile. My husband and I started our relationship long distance when we were in our early 20's. I did not make a pillowcase out of his shirt. That never even crossed my mind.

Jim Bob shaking his sons hands before the camp....so weird to me.

Okay....that's all I can handle of this show for now.

16 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

They act like it's just soooo out of the ordinary for Jill to be far away. Um, tons of people move away from their families and rarely see them. This doesn't make them special or interesting at all.

Jessa tells Ben to buckle Spurge into his car seat and she says "Just make sure..." but I didn't catch the rest. Anyone know what she said?

I noticed the stick figures on the van. Who owns it?

I am glad Jessa is basically trying to hold Spurge's neck while Ben is flopping him around like an idiot in the gym. You can tell Jessa was not a fan of what he was doing. She is laughing but she didn't like it, I'm sure.

Survival camp? They will never need this. Oh good lord, the pillow case. Again, so juvenile. My husband and I started our relationship long distance when we were in our early 20's. I did not make a pillowcase out of his shirt. That never even crossed my mind.

I also didn't catch what Jessa said regarding Just make sure- must have been clothing related. 

Jessa owns the stick figure car - she likes her stick figures on cars 

I hated what Ben was doing with Spud, at least jessa had the cojones to stop him.  Some women cough Jinge couch wouldn't 

I bet you gave each other coffee cups with your picture on it :D courting long distance.  That is the new thing 

On 8/30/2016 at 8:00 PM, MargaretElliott said:

A collection of my thoughts from the episode.

Ben working out with Spurgeon- is that safe? I have no kids, so I'm not sure, but it doesn't look super safe.

<snip>

I have seen things online with women doing exercises with their babies/toddlers. (I have no experience with this as evident by still carrying baby weight 3 years later..ha!) Usually it's stay at home moms who find it hard to get time in to exercise. But it's not usually the crap Ben was doing, that's for sure!

On 8/30/2016 at 8:21 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:

Does anyone know when the Duggars actually went to this, like as in what month? Could it have been this month? I wish I knew exactly when these episodes actually happened.

I saw a picture on Pickles' fb detailing this trip and the fb post said "earlier this year" the Duggars went to that camp thing. Their timing always frustrates me!

I remember seeing a video of the kids singing happy birthday to a crew member and it seemed like they were in the woods or something. I haven't gotten to that part of the episode yet but I bet it was filmed then. If you can track down who the crew member was and when his birthday is...you'd be able to pinpoint the time of filming. But I am too lazy to do it. :)

On 8/31/2016 at 4:42 AM, alba said:

Jessa said WHAT?! I know Jessa's blunt, but that's just a totally inappropriate comment to make. Maybe there's some context/tone I'm missing, like if it's a running joke that Jinger eats a lot and never gains weight, but when I saw this I had to go back and reread to make sure I'd read it properly.

From her tone, I think she was just joking around as it's obvious Jinger doesn't need to watch her figure to fit into a dress. I just liked that Ben said, "what dress?"  So dumb.

On 8/31/2016 at 4:42 PM, doubleT said:

That family meal was so weird.  Like, no celebration.  My small family gathered around the table is much more fun.  Its like none of the girls are allowed to talk unless asked to by Boob. 

After all these years of watching the Duggars and I still have absolutely NO CLUE who cooks meals in that family.   DQ doesn't cook (and hasn't for years), neither Jill or Jessa went into their marriages knowing how to cook, Jing can't cook because she is in a courtship ... is every meal catered? 

<snip>

I didn't look closely but I bet they were eating pans of lasagna from the frozen food section of the store. That seems about right for them.

On 9/1/2016 at 7:23 PM, BlessaYourHeart said:

Yeah I get what you mean! 

However, what I don't get is the whole Duggar buy used mantra. I doubt fairly recent pyjamma's would be in a goodwill store already. Or has buy used gone out the window now too?

I Googled and Paw Patrol has been around since 2013. I am sure there are plenty of clothes in 2nd hand stores with those characters. A lot of people donate stuff as soon as their kids outgrow them. You can find some decent things second hand.

On 9/1/2016 at 9:55 PM, NotALoserLikeYou said:

I assume we will get a "Jinger learns to cook Italian food" episode at some point, where she will look very confused in the kitchen. No one ever properly teaches these SAHDs to cook. 

For some reason, maybe because I'm a bitch, Jessa's skirt over her workout pants really irritated me. We know you are holier than everyone else 

Ben is SO awkward. 

I wonder if she wears the skirt to work out when the cameras aren't there. If it's just her and Ben and she still wears the skirt...that would be even weirder to me.

Hi, guys.  I've been away from FJ lately, as I've been working on a pitch for TLC. The working title is An Ordinary Life.  I want it to be just a completely real and non-scripted yet amusing look at my life, which is obviously anything but ordinary. 

Now, it's still in the development stage but so far I've filmed myself going to the store where I become utterly confused about how to choose from among the myriad fruits (my indecision and general ignorance are hilarious).  Next week I'm planning to set up a camera in my car (that I won't know is there :kitty-wink:) and film myself attempting to travel somewhere without my gps (I will be comically aghast when I realize it is malfunctioning lol).  Of course there will be some highly interesting bits of me interacting with my husband. We will sit on the deck together and maybe have a chat or something.  I'm thinking it might be superfun if we address the viewers directly through the camera (in the industry we refer to this as breaking the fourth wall, or some such thing.)

I will keep you abreast of any developments but it sounds pretty entertaining I think. I expect TLC will be all over it!  In the meantime, I'm amusing myself reading all of your tasty comments on this riveting show.

I can't believe those girls went out in the woods in skirts & flip-flops. That right there says they are not serious about "survival" that it was all just a TLC ploy. I can understand them wanting to make a statement about their "beliefs" but ye-gods! Use some common sense!

I'm sure Jeremy found it strange to have food brought from outside for a damily celebration. I married into an Italian family & whenever we're all together it's a big meal event & we cook for days. The family would be offended if it was brought in. You would think a fam. as big as the Duggs would be able to whip that up w/one arm behind their back.

5 grown women available.Jinger acts this way b/c this is what you experience -when you're 13 & it's your first BF. And she's all over him. Remember when Derrick had to have a kid btw. he & Jill to pray?

All the cars-Josh is prob. running a carlot & JB is picking cars up here & there. They sure don't want anyone to know where it is.

I hope J&D don't go back to CA. What kind of life is that, locked in the house all the time. Just admit Missionary work isn't all it's cracked up to be.

56 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Hi, guys.  I've been away from FJ lately, as I've been working on a pitch for TLC. The working title is An Ordinary Life.  I want it to be just a completely real and non-scripted yet amusing look at my life, which is obviously anything but ordinary. 

Now, it's still in the development stage but so far I've filmed myself going to the store where I become utterly confused about how to choose from among the myriad fruits (my indecision and general ignorance are hilarious).  Next week I'm planning to set up a camera in my car (that I won't know is there :kitty-wink:) and film myself attempting to travel somewhere without my gps (I will be comically aghast when I realize it is malfunctioning lol).  Of course there will be some highly interesting bits of me interacting with my husband. We will sit on the deck together and maybe have a chat or something.  I'm thinking it might be superfun if we address the viewers directly through the camera (in the industry we refer to this as breaking the fourth wall, or some such thing.)

I will keep you abreast of any developments but it sounds pretty entertaining I think. I expect TLC will be all over it!  In the meantime, I'm amusing myself reading all of your tasty comments on this riveting show.

Welcome back - Will you have a sister who acts like a bafoon - because that is something we have to see :D

19 minutes ago, nst said:

Welcome back - Will you have a sister who acts like a bafoon - because that is something we have to see :D

Hmmm.  I'm panicking now because I DON'T HAVE A SISTER!  Do you think TLC will reject me?  I do have two brothers, although I'm hesitant to incorporate them as they speak well and are a bit too normal. Crap.  You've deflated me, @nst.  #dreamsofrealitytvfamedying

I don't know why anyone is surprised/aghast at the girls wearing flip flops and skirts to survival camp or whatever. They've been doing everything from construction to hikes through the mountains to walking around farm animal pins in flip flops and skirts since like 2005 when they ditched the ugly tennis shoes and frumpers. It's been a plot point on at least 10 episodes. 

33 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Hmmm.  I'm panicking now because I DON'T HAVE A SISTER!  Do you think TLC will reject me?  I do have two brothers, although I'm hesitant to incorporate them as they speak well and are a bit too normal. Crap.  You've deflated me, @nst.  #dreamsofrealitytvfamedying

How about an adopted sister from a long lost father :D 

will that do ? I can take one for the team for more ratings. 

I can't act like a crazy woman though - I can teach people how to fix dishwashers by crazy glue

#dreamsofrealityfamedying 

49 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

You can still make it work.  Just talk about adopting a sister.  You could even have a day where you go and talk to people who have adopted sisters.  

Just watched the episode too. Jeremy somehow managed to use all the fundie speak in one run-on sentence when talking about courtship over ice cream.

jinger has the mentality of a 12yr old girl. I didnt think it was possible to be sappier than Jill, but she's managed it.

somebody find Joy some closed-toed shoes stat!!!

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived