IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

There was an article on people about how the advertisers are again apologizing and defending their ad placement stating that they are pulling contracts from TLC. They did not know their ads were being shown during counting on. 

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/31/2016 at 9:21 AM, CreationMuseumCurator said:

In college, my roommate left the door unlocked and we ended up with a drunk naked man in our apartment who refused to leave. I wasn't even there at the time, and it was enough to make me anxious. She had to call the cops and have them remove him...there was still a cop in my living room when I got home. I'll definitely join you on the empathy bus. 

One time in college my roommate and I left our door open (we were having a small party with some other people living in the apartment complex so the door was open so people could come and go) and our upstairs neighbor, who we had never met, flew an inflatable, helium filled, remote control shark into the party.

That's the closest to an uninvited guest I've ever had though. Your experience sounds terrible! I would have so much anxiety from that.

I assume we will get a "Jinger learns to cook Italian food" episode at some point, where she will look very confused in the kitchen. No one ever properly teaches these SAHDs to cook. 

For some reason, maybe because I'm a bitch, Jessa's skirt over her workout pants really irritated me. We know you are holier than everyone else 

Ben is SO awkward. 

4 minutes ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

I assume we will get a "Jinger learns to cook Italian food" episode at some point, where she will look very confused in the kitchen. No one ever properly teaches these SAHDs to cook. 

For some reason, maybe because I'm a bitch, Jessa's skirt over her workout pants really irritated me. We know you are holier than everyone else 

Ben is SO awkward. 

Jessa is acting more bossy than she ever was - self entitled - or is it something else - and who noticed Joy dealing with Spud.... at the dinner. so SHE WILL BE forever at the TTH while her kids will be handed over. That was obvious 

Jinge I thought I would laugh more - instead I am just cringing the entire time. 

Ben - there are no words - well there are - he needs a real job 

Ya know, the more this show goes on, the more I want to hate-watch the very early episodes, where almost viewers had the wool pulled over their eyes and the D's had great ratings... now, after the brand has picked away scabs for years (sorry for that analogy, I am just irritated at them)... the show might have been scripted all along.

Now the girls are "adults", yet so emotionally stunted they make my 12 year old granddaughter seem much more mature.

How parents think shielding/sheltering their kids in this fast-paced, techno-driven world is beyond me.  I am fairly sure very few of the D kidults could get much more than a fast food job.  That is a shame.

(I watched them back in the day to see HOW she organized her home for that large of a brood and completely missed the social implications of her decisions... I was like .... laundry-focused.)

4 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Ya know, the more this show goes on, the more I want to hate-watch the very early episodes, where almost viewers had the wool pulled over their eyes and the D's had great ratings... now, after the brand has picked away scabs for years (sorry for that analogy, I am just irritated at them)... the show might have been scripted all along.

Now the girls are "adults", yet so emotionally stunted they make my 12 year old granddaughter seem much more mature.

How parents think shielding/sheltering their kids in this fast-paced, techno-driven world is beyond me.  I am fairly sure very few of the D kidults could get much more than a fast food job.  That is a shame.

(I watched them back in the day to see HOW she organized her home for that large of a brood and completely missed the social implications of her decisions... I was like .... laundry-focused.)

the episode for me that stood out - how boring the original show was - when there was a storm and JB made the camera crew drive him places...and all you saw was snow. 

I think JB knew he hit pay dirt when Jessa and Jill courted because those two actually have somewhat distinct personalities opposed to jinge who is a cartoon cut out . 

If Jinge would have courted back then, I think the show would have been cancelled officially - without all the josh scandals.  Because Jinge is the worst actor in the world - And if this all edited endlessly can you imagine what they edited out!!!!!

the fact that we get Jinge courting in the way she is - the bloopers must be amusing 

1 hour ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

Ben is SO awkward. 

Yes, we know this exact scene was shot with Jeremy's grandmother. 

Thanks to this show my Fiancée now calls cuddling after sex "Duggar side hugs" which made me laugh enough to come here and share lol

He asked if we could watch the last episode again because "I dont understand what the fuck is wrong with these people" and kept trying to guess which one was Joshly. He kept asking why Jessa and Bin are together when they look like they shouldn't fucked and been done with it after 6 months. On Jill wondering what to do if something happened to Derrick: "get a fucking job and take care of your kid like a normal person you're not helpless what the fuck is wrong with these people?!" He couldn't understand the issue with the bear, but neither can I really. We have an abundance of bears here and it's not uncommon to see one in town by the grocery store or on a trail in the back country. That must be a regional thing though? He also inquired as to how the Duggar women are supposed to be homemakers but have to get take out  to serve Jeremy... don't we all wonder that one eh...

Their ratings must really have gone down since the premiere because he downloads the episodes for me and it was up within an hour for the 1st  show and he had to request someone to find it to get it yesterday. 

Okay now to catch up on all this snark I've missed with being OTR without much data and getting engaged (not Duggar style, they wouldn't have approved lmao)

One of the Bates kids recently had a Paw Patrol shirt on too. (Not sure how they handle the female pup having a job though)

I'm guessing either they changed their rules and approved that cartoon, or they just saw a cute puppy in a fire/police uniform and bought the shirt.

Since it's Jill, probably the latter. 

I still can't get over the fact that SAHDs don't know how to cook!!! It's really not that hard, especially when you don't leave the house much. What do these fundies eat?

57 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

One of the Bates kids recently had a Paw Patrol shirt on too. (Not sure how they handle the female pup having a job though)

I'm guessing either they changed their rules and approved that cartoon, or they just saw a cute puppy in a fire/police uniform and bought the shirt.

Since it's Jill, probably the latter. 

After lots of comments on that Instagram photo of Israel about the pjs being new and of a TV character,  Derrick's mother commented that she had seen the pjs in the shops, thought they were cute, and bought them for Israel.   

12 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I still can't get over the fact that SAHDs don't know how to cook!!! It's really not that hard, especially when you don't leave the house much. What do these fundies eat?

Really though, what do those people do the entire day? At least for me, between classes, homework, and hanging out with friends, when I get bored I watch TV or read a book. Even before TV people would have parties and dance, or tend to their family (by ACTUALLY cooking and sewing) or farm/manage a shop. How do the Duggars fill their day?

Tater Tot casserole and chickenetti.

And, honestly, I don't blame them. If I were a 12-year-old tasked with feeding 15 other people I'd go for the easy shit. I mean, I've been feeding myself for nearly a decade and it's only recently I've been good enough at cooking to not hate the process. And that's only cooking for one or two!

The parents, on the other hand, should both be feeding their children themselves and teaching their kids to cook.

Just now, Gillyweed said:

Really though, what do those people do the entire day? At least for me, between classes, homework, and hanging out with friends, when I get bored I watch TV or read a book. Even before TV people would have parties and dance, or tend to their family (by ACTUALLY cooking and sewing) or farm/manage a shop. How do the Duggars fill their day?

That is something I honestly wonder about. You know, normal people go to school or work, and then they have all manner of things to do when they get home, like buying groceries, cooking, doing laundry, cleaning, etc. Then with the time you have left, you do the things you enjoy doing: Playing a sport, going to the movies, binge-watching shows on Netflix, snarking away on FJ, reading a good book, meeting friends for drinks, going to the beach, etc. etc. etc. Now, the Duggars over ~16 don't go to school and, let's be honest, they don't work. They also obviously don't cook, or sew (apart from Jana), or garden or anything domestic like that. So they might spend part of their day doing some other mundane chores like going to the store or sweeping the floors. Say that takes two hours per person per day (which seems like a very long time, but still). That leaves approximately 14 hours of awake time to be filled each and every day. They can't play sports, watch TV, surf the Internet, read most books, go out to bars, and so many other things. How do they fill 14 hours each any every day? There's only so many times a girl can read Waiting for Prince Charming!

5 hours ago, Alachantal said:

(snip) He couldn't understand the issue with the bear, but neither can I really. We have an abundance of bears here and it's not uncommon to see one in town by the grocery store or on a trail in the back country. That must be a regional thing though? (snip)

I'm leaning toward it being a regional thing. I'm about four hours away from Tonitown, and likely less from wherever the survival camp was. I've never seen a bear, and would freak if I did.

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The J'Slaves fill their days by taking care of their younger siblings, nieces and nephews.

that was obvious at dinner when Jessa was screaming where is everyone - sitting down and about to eat - all while her sister Joy was dealing with Spud - then she picks at her food with her fingers and slams Josie for doing the same thing 

6 minutes ago, nst said:

that was obvious at dinner when Jessa was screaming where is everyone - sitting down and about to eat - all while her sister Joy was dealing with Spud - then she picks at her food with her fingers and slams Josie for doing the same thing 

That seemed super weird, right? Since when do the Duggars do that? It felt out of place. 

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

That seemed super weird, right? Since when do the Duggars do that? It felt out of place. 

it was probably because they were filming.  I really think TLC has told Ma and Pa Duggar not to speak. 
Jana just looked upset while Jessa was railing - nobody looked happy to be there except Ben and Jinge. 

Of course Jessa says where is everyone, she wants to eat because Spud is being taken care of. 

so expect more pictures from the TTH in future 

They really shouldn't show JB or J'chelle at all. I felt so gross watching JB at Jessa's earlier in the episode. He's repulsive. 

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

That is something I honestly wonder about. You know, normal people go to school or work, and then they have all manner of things to do when they get home, like buying groceries, cooking, doing laundry, cleaning, etc. Then with the time you have left, you do the things you enjoy doing: Playing a sport, going to the movies, binge-watching shows on Netflix, snarking away on FJ, reading a good book, meeting friends for drinks, going to the beach, etc. etc. etc. Now, the Duggars over ~16 don't go to school and, let's be honest, they don't work. They also obviously don't cook, or sew (apart from Jana), or garden or anything domestic like that. So they might spend part of their day doing some other mundane chores like going to the store or sweeping the floors. Say that takes two hours per person per day (which seems like a very long time, but still). That leaves approximately 14 hours of awake time to be filled each and every day. They can't play sports, watch TV, surf the Internet, read most books, go out to bars, and so many other things. How do they fill 14 hours each any every day? There's only so many times a girl can read Waiting for Prince Charming!

I can't agree more with you. WTF do they do all day? Jessa obviously doesn't clean (tons of layered dust in her house), clearly doesn't know how to cook. What do they do all day? Josie is almost 7. She doesn't need constant supervision. They also have a live in tutor so they don't teach the kids anymore. No wonder they keep sweet. I'd start using a fake crazy voice too if I was going brain numb.

Maybe they pray, and don't forget the married women have to be joyfully available at all times. Or is it making a sandwich? I always get those 2 mixed up.

Okay TLC--we know you check in here:

We want to see a real "day in the life" of each of the older J kids.   Not this bullshit story of Jinger flipping cars and Jana remodeling homes or stupid treehouses that aren't even in trees, but a REAL-day in the life (24 Jack Bauer style).

I want to see Jessa/Jill/Jinger/Jana/JB/(I really don't care about the others) from the time they get up til they go to bed--you can run a clock on the side and speed it up.  THAT would be interesting TV.  I'd even admit to the Nielsen people that I watched the show if you'd give us something real and unscripted.

And it's perfectly okay, if we see them sitting down and drinking coffee at home or napping or on the phone or doing mundane things.  We just want to see them doing what they really do and what REAL people might do.

20 minutes ago, Mothership said:

Okay TLC--we know you check in here:

We want to see a real "day in the life" of each of the older J kids.   Not this bullshit story of Jinger flipping cars and Jana remodeling homes or stupid treehouses that aren't even in trees, but a REAL-day in the life (24 Jack Bauer style).

I want to see Jessa/Jill/Jinger/Jana/JB/(I really don't care about the others) from the time they get up til they go to bed--you can run a clock on the side and speed it up.  THAT would be interesting TV.  I'd even admit to the Nielsen people that I watched the show if you'd give us something real and unscripted.

And it's perfectly okay, if we see them sitting down and drinking coffee at home or napping or on the phone or doing mundane things.  We just want to see them doing what they really do and what REAL people might do.

Wait...you want a reality show to be based on reality????

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived