IGNORED

Jinger's going to the chapel and gonna get married...

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, December said:

I'm guessing they could show Josh and his family in background shots at a wedding, without outright naming them. I think it'd be more problematic for their brand to not invite Josh at this point. They made such a big, public deal about how their way of dealing with the situation was appropriate and adequate. Not inviting Josh would prove that their strategy didn't fix everything and make them all one big happy family again. 

That said, it's her and her fiance's wedding... hopefully they only have to invite people they want, and aren't forced to invite Josh if they don't want him there.

It must be very boring and tedious for whoever's being CC'd. Also, if people think their kid is mature enough to be considering marriage (and immediately starting a family) but not mature enough to text without supervision, something's horribly messed up! 

Well yes. You've raised your kids righteously, but you can't let them hold hands to pray, because they will be unable to control themselves. What do they think will happen? They're going to tear each other's clothes off in the middle of the prayer circle? Duggar logic, our kids are holier than yours, but can't be trusted without a chaperone. :shakehead:

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/7/2016 at 2:55 PM, Buzzard said:

On the other hand, filming would be easy, they'd have quick access to the morning shows, and a greater chance of more mainstream media coverage.  So, the question is whether Boob thinks its more important to invite the kingdom or gain publicity.

I think you are on to something here! I would be surprised if Boob let Jinger get married in NYC because she likes the city. I would NOT be surprised if he lets her do NYC because it's full of potential TV hookups and advertisement. 

On Wednesday, September 07, 2016 at 10:40 PM, VelociRapture said:

I have no doubt he'll be invited. The only real questions are whether he will appear on the show or in the photos released from the wedding. Specifically, if he'll pop up in the eventual giant Duggar family picture or a picture with all the married couples.

Pretty much the Addams family isn't it, the mother and father practically mauling each other in public in front of essentially socially stunted children,  the brother with serious issues from the way he was raised, the big scary house, "Thing" with all the long brown hair, granny stirring the crock pot of non descript food ..... Dugger Family Values would be an awesome name for the next (inevitable) series.

11 minutes ago, RandomNoob said:

All this talk of spice names has given me an earworm.  "I'm just mad about Saffron"...

She's just mad about me...

(Lyric thread? Or would that be too derail-y??)

On 9/7/2016 at 1:55 PM, Buzzard said:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/199720/new_details_about_jinger_duggars

I dont know about the reality of this NY thing.  It would be impossible to have a "parking lot" wedding in Manhattan, and while they could pull off something more low key/mega in the suburbs, the chance of trucking in all those fundies is unlikely.  Hotel costs would be out of reach for most families, and there really arent many places to park your megabusses of children anywhere in the area.  

On the other hand, filming would be easy, they'd have quick access to the morning shows, and a greater chance of more mainstream media coverage.  So, the question is whether Boob thinks its more important to invite the kingdom or gain publicity.

Maybe that's the idea.The uninvited families would be less likely to come if it's cost prohibitive and Jinger could have the smaller wedding she wants without making a huge deal and hurting a lot of feelings.

10 hours ago, RandomNoob said:

All this talk of spice names has given me an earworm.  "I'm just mad about Saffron"...

I swear to BOB, last week I heard Mellow Yellow twice in 1 morning! What are the odds?

20 hours ago, December said:

I'm guessing they could show Josh and his family in background shots at a wedding, without outright naming them. I think it'd be more problematic for their brand to not invite Josh at this point. They made such a big, public deal about how their way of dealing with the situation was appropriate and adequate. Not inviting Josh would prove that their strategy didn't fix everything and make them all one big happy family again. 

That said, it's her and her fiance's wedding... hopefully they only have to invite people they want, and aren't forced to invite Josh if they don't want him there.

It must be very boring and tedious for whoever's being CC'd. Also, if people think their kid is mature enough to be considering marriage (and immediately starting a family) but not mature enough to text without supervision, something's horribly messed up! 

While I get it is hard to let your kid go you have to.  My son was 18 last Thanksgiving and will be 19 this coming Thanksgiving, he graduated in May of this year and the day he finished High School the rules changed for him.  We told him when he turned 18 that until he finished HS he would still have a curfew and still have to follow rules as they have been as long as he lived in our house and was a student he was our responsibility. BUT when he was done he no longer had a curfew, he doesn't have to ask permission to go somewhere, we just expect the courtesy of being told where he is. My daughter has a "tracking app" on her phone as do hubby and I, it is great it tells you where someone is via GPS, so we know if hubs is working late or when I forget to pay attention to time at the store or go to 4 stores instead of just 1 or when DD forgets to tell us where she's going.  (it is called Life 360) We wanted to put it on DS's phone but he refused, I could be a bitch and demand it since I am paying for the phone, but it really isn't an argument worth having. IMO, I trust my kids I just like to know where they are, because I'm a mom. I haven't snooped on their texts since they were probably 14 & that was only once and a while, just a quick skim they freaking tell me everything anyway, no need to try and find it out. I can't imagine doing this with my kids when they are in their 20's it is insane. 

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

@samurai_sarah

I see it's getting close to time for another thread. To carry out the 50s and 60s theme, might I suggest Why Do Fools Fall in Love by Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers?

Or how about a play off, "Puppy Love" if you don't kind a 70's tune. Like, "And They Called It Fundie Love"?

20 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Or how about a play off, "Puppy Love" if you don't kind a 70's tune. Like, "And They Called It Fundie Love"?

Oh Who Wrote the book of love? Gothard did.

28 minutes ago, flycat said:

Oh Who Wrote the book of love? Gothard did.

But the Duggars set their own courtship rules, then convince the kids they actually made them.:my_rolleyes:

After the wedding, there is always I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March, which was used in Sister Act, or Anthony's Song (Moving Out) by Billy Joel. When Josiah courts again, I'm thinking Oh Oh Falling in Love Again by Jimmie Rodgers. (I do enjoy music from the 50's and 60's.)

22 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

But the Duggars set their own courtship rules, then convince the kids they actually made them.:my_rolleyes:

Yeah, they go pretty much like this:

"For the next eleventy months we are going to make your toes curl with our public displays of dry humping and all the things you can't do, because Jesus. We will punctuate each act of affection between us with "you can't do this yet". We will also will have several relationship talks to add extra ick factor. You can side hug THATS IT and if Mr KoolAid drinker spends a couple of thou on a rock, you can hold hands constantly even when driving eating or going to the toilet until marriage. After which we expect you to throw caution to the wind and rut like wild boar until you produce enough innocent wide eyed babes to populate our ministry, who you must constantly embarass with your public displays of affection  and continue the cycle ad nauseum because jesus"

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

@samurai_sarah

I see it's getting close to time for another thread. To carry out the 50s and 60s theme, might I suggest Why Do Fools Fall in Love by Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers?

Jim Bob Ain't Nothin' But a Horndog

You CAN Hurry Love (If You Just Want to Bang)

My Special Courting Friend's Back

Let's do the time warp again

With a hug to your left

chaperone to your right

Shapeless skirt on your hips 

No flesh in sight

But it's a Duggar Date

bound to be in(s)ane 

Let's do the side hug again 

Let's do the time warp again

Although the thought of boob in the Rocky Horror show lmao

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

After the wedding, there is always I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March, which was used in Sister Act, or Anthony's Song (Moving Out) by Billy Joel. When Josiah courts again, I'm thinking Oh Oh Falling in Love Again by Jimmie Rodgers. (I do enjoy music from the 50's and 60's.)

What was the Billy Joel song about Brender and Eddie getting married? I can't remember.

22 minutes ago, Reading Rambo said:

What was the Billy Joel song about Brender and Eddie getting married? I can't remember.

"Scenes From an Italian Restaurant."

Other than that, I got nuthin', except that if it were applied to the Duggars in any way, it would be "Scenes From an Eye-talian Restaurant That Don't Involve Physical Affection Unless They're Between Married Couples." Or something like that.

On 9/8/2016 at 9:06 AM, HereticHick said:

Do we really think any Duggar would have a wedding ceremony outside a church sanctuary?

If the price is right... Churches don't charge a lot to hold a wedding. So, a venue for 1,000+ ppl can charge like six thousand and a church can charge 500 to 1500 dollars. (This is based on churches in my area, of course.)

8 hours ago, sunshine said:

If the price is right... Churches don't charge a lot to hold a wedding. So, a venue for 1,000+ ppl can charge like six thousand and a church can charge 500 to 1500 dollars. (This is based on churches in my area, of course.)

Holy shit that's a crapton. Here churches charge "a donative of your choice" with is bullshit and usually about 200 euros. Same with civil weddings

My church charges nothing to use their churches and parish halls. There are a couple of churches that they have the right to use but are owned for example by a museum, they might have a charge but there are always plenty of for free churches for those who don't want/cannot afford to pay. We have one in our town that you have to pay for and it is really pretty but since you can get a medieval church which is equally beautiful for free I am not too tempted to pay for it. We have however chosen a modern church for both our wedding and first baptism, it is perhaps not that pretty but the parish hall is very easy to access and has a dream kitchen for preparing any food and is close to our house so we chose it out of comfort mainly. We will most likely have our son's baptism there again.

21 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Okay had to post this: :lol:

650spicegirls.jpg

My company makes a big deal out of Halloween each year. Last year we were "The Spice Girls" and our costumes were very similar to these.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived