Jump to content
IGNORED

Joshley 18: Another Summer, Another (Threatened) Lawsuit


Recommended Posts

IreneIssh
8 hours ago, sj3339sta said:

I had vowed that I was done with this bullshit family.  Then, I saw he was trending again.  Why do I let myself get sucked in?

I know, right? I just keep coming back.  :sigh2:

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Cleopatra7

    9

  • Buzzard

    6

  • BabyBottlePop

    6

  • VelociRapture

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the other hand, people rarely steal someone else's photo to sign up for a dating website for cheaters and then turn out to be D-list celebrities who get busted, publicizing the photo all over the i

Joshy. The gift to FJ that keeps on giving.

Anna would not be out shopping and posing for pictures in public if she was bruised and busted up. There's an abundance of Duggar girls to go out and shop for her if she needed something if she was tr

Posted Images

eveandadam

Interesting, right before the start of the new season of counting on. so it seems like Duggars delay announcements to make sure there the right timing to promote a new season (jinger announcing her courtship 6 months after it began, e.g.). and the people who sue them do that, too.

But I can understand how it could affect his business on the long run. If he is trying to make it in Hollywood than 1 tiny mistake (by another person) can ruin this forever.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
JenniferJuniper

Josh did a stupid thing and I'd be pissed if some D-lister - now former D-lister in Smug's case - did something like that with my image.

But I tend to doubt this guy lost any work because of it.  All of the stories in the news were about the image theft revolved around the fact that Josh Duggar was using someone else's photo for his Ashley Madison account.  He's going to have to prove that he wasn't hired for gigs because people knew about the account before the scandal broke and thought that was his profile, or they avoided hiring him because of Smuggar's use of his image.  Given his profession, I should think the story would help him more than hurt him. As for the "harassment", what did his brother-in-law tease him about it over Christmas dinner?

I agree the timing could be connected to the return of the new show if he is looking to embarrass JB into settling, but it's also worth pointing out that the slander/libel statute of limitations in California is only one year so if he was going to do anything, time was running out.

With all this said, as this guy is someone actually affected by Josh's behavior, this has a few more teeth than the Danica lawsuit.  Enough teeth maybe to keep the suit around long enough for the parties to be encouraged to settle.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer
23 hours ago, twinmama said:

...

I've always just assumed that any pictures you put out on the internet set to public are sadly fair game for whatever someone wants to use them for. 

I'm a graphic designer, and I have to disabuse people of this notion on at least a weekly basis. People are constantly coming in like "what do you mean I can't just use whatever pictures Google pulls up for whatever I want?"

Under the Federal Copyright Act of 1976, photographs are protected by copyright from the moment of creation.

There's some leeway for editorial use, and if an image is released with a creative commons license for the use you're wanting, that's OK, but in general photographs are all copyrighted by the photographer. It's difficult to enforce, of course, but they are. It's not something that normally comes up except in the case of photographers who are making their living that way, but it COULD.

Now since this is a photo OF the person suing, that info is not entirely related to what's at hand... but it's another aspect that could possibly come up. Technically speaking, whoever took the photos holds the copyright to them. And we can add "thief" to the long list of Joshly's failings.

  • Upvote 22
Link to post
Share on other sites
BackseatMom

Think about it this way: this Matthew is working in an industry that is all about image. He isnt (as far as I can tell) a bar mitzvah/ wedding DJ. He seems to be a club DJ (and LA clubs at that, very competitive). For those DJs, being cool and projecting their brand image is maybe the most important part of their job. The articles say peoe are calling him DJ Duggar and such. If people are really associating him with the Duggars (who, can we all agree are the opposite of cool?) Or thinking of him as that putz who had a right wing idiot kidult steal his identity, neither exactly radiates the right mystique. I don't think it is fair to just assume this is 1) frivolous 2) about publicity or 3) about scamming anyone. It could be, but we really don't know that. 

Plus, why should he have to watch the Duggars rake in money on their brand when they casually took out his own, and not get something in compensation?

  • Upvote 23
Link to post
Share on other sites
colliemae

It could also be that the DJ thought things would improve as the scandal receded but they haven't and he's still losing jobs. 

  • Upvote 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
sophie10130
42 minutes ago, colliemae said:

It could also be that the DJ thought things would improve as the scandal receded but they haven't and he's still losing jobs. 

That's what I thought when I heard it took him a little while. At first he was like "Oh haha this sucks but it'll blow over" and maybe it hasn't.

But, tbh, I'm cool with anyone getting any kind of money from the Duggars since they raked in a ton of money on a lie.

  • Upvote 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mela99

I don't think the delay in filing is uncommon at all. For all we know it took him this long to find an attorney willing to take the case. And probably what others have said - I bet he rolled his eyes and shrugged it off at first but if what he said is true, it probably got to a point of being intolerable. I wonder if he'll try and throw something in for IIED. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzzard
6 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I don't think the delay in filing is uncommon at all. For all we know it took him this long to find an attorney willing to take the case. And probably what others have said - I bet he rolled his eyes and shrugged it off at first but if what he said is true, it probably got to a point of being intolerable. I wonder if he'll try and throw something in for IIED. 

Its a year, which is pretty reasonable.  There are a lot of things that need to be spelled out in a lawsuit and it may have taken some time to get subpoenaed information back from required sourced.

That, and prior to about a month ago the Duggar money train looked like it had crashed into the station and imploded.  Now that its chugging again... 

  • Upvote 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
nokidsmom
On 8/7/2016 at 5:27 PM, Alisamer said:

I'm a graphic designer, and I have to disabuse people of this notion on at least a weekly basis. People are constantly coming in like "what do you mean I can't just use whatever pictures Google pulls up for whatever I want?"

Under the Federal Copyright Act of 1976, photographs are protected by copyright from the moment of creation.

There's some leeway for editorial use, and if an image is released with a creative commons license for the use you're wanting, that's OK, but in general photographs are all copyrighted by the photographer. It's difficult to enforce, of course, but they are. It's not something that normally comes up except in the case of photographers who are making their living that way, but it COULD.

Now since this is a photo OF the person suing, that info is not entirely related to what's at hand... but it's another aspect that could possibly come up. Technically speaking, whoever took the photos holds the copyright to them. And we can add "thief" to the long list of Joshly's failings.

Mr. No works in graphic design and he has to explain about the use of photographs to people as well "what do you mean I can't just use any photo I want?"   All the time.

Back to Joshley, I remember reading about this DJ shocked to find that Josh swiped his photo to use in his AM profile.  Wondered if he would do anything about it, seems like he is.  Good.   Even if nothing comes of it,  it will put Joshley's misdeeds back in the public view yet again as yet another reminder of what the Wholesome Christian Family is really about.  

  • Upvote 17
Link to post
Share on other sites
47of74
On 8/6/2016 at 6:39 PM, season of life said:

Okay, so far:

1) Molestation scandal

2) Ashley Madison scandal

3) Danica Dillon lawsuit

4) Matthew McCarthy photo lawsuit

ANYTHING ELSE, JOSH? What other scandals and lawsuits will he cause in the future?

Josh Duggar: 19 scandals/disasters/etc and counting.

No doubt it will actually get that high.  I wonder if a trip back to Jesus Jail will be in young Joshley's future anytime soon.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
imokit
5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Josh Duggar: 19 scandals/disasters/etc and counting.

No doubt it will actually get that high.  I wonder if a trip back to Jesus Jail will be in young Joshley's future anytime soon.

But, BUT - the molestation thing happened years ago, he was only a kid then and they forgave it ages ago, it's awful how the liberal media is bringing this up now when everyone involved had forgiven him and moved on (and to suggest that any of those may have been pressured into forgiveness is completely ludicrous)!

And everything else is related to Ashley - and that was bad, but he was punished for that and spent lots of time in a prayerful place, and now things need to be left alone and the media and evil sueing heathens need to STOP!!!

 

(In no way am I minimising the molestation, I'm putting forward Duggar justification, which I personally find abhorrent, as an explanation of why he won't be returning to Jesus jail unless he does something new)

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
nastyhobbitses
6 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Josh Duggar: 19 scandals/disasters/etc and counting.

No doubt it will actually get that high.  I wonder if a trip back to Jesus Jail will be in young Joshley's future anytime soon.

He'll cheat again, or he'll find a way to bypass the porn filter.

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
JenniferJuniper
1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

He'll cheat again, or he'll find a way to bypass the porn filter.

He probably has found that by now.   Even if Jim Bob is supporting him, he's still the headship of his own family and Anna couldn't succeed as a porn chaperone if she tried.  He cheated on her without batting an eye; he won't be denied his porn.  

 

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cleopatra7
2 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

He probably has found that by now.   Even if Jim Bob is supporting him, he's still the headship of his own family and Anna couldn't succeed as a porn chaperone if she tried.  He cheated on her without batting an eye; he won't be denied his porn.  

 

 

This is something I don't understand. Gothardite wives are supposed to monitor their husbands' Internet use, but are purposely kept ignorant of how the Internet works (presumably to preserve their own "purity") which makes them easy to fool.

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
JesSky03
5 hours ago, imokit said:

But, BUT - the molestation thing happened years ago, he was only a kid then and they forgave it ages ago, it's awful how the liberal media is bringing this up now when everyone involved had forgiven him and moved on (and to suggest that any of those may have been pressured into forgiveness is completely ludicrous)!

And everything else is related to Ashley - and that was bad, but he was punished for that and spent lots of time in a prayerful place, and now things need to be left alone and the media and evil sueing heathens need to STOP!!!

 

(In no way am I minimising the molestation, I'm putting forward Duggar justification, which I personally find abhorrent, as an explanation of why he won't be returning to Jesus jail unless he does something new)

I feel so sorry for those girls. When I was 14-15 my friend's dad slipped us ambien (at least 2-3 times) and potentially touched us while we were sleeping. He also had hidden cameras all around the house, including the bathroom. Anyway, I had no idea that I was drugged (though I did remember hallucinating a bit as I was fighting to fall asleep not knowing what was working in my system) , videotaped naked, or possibly molested until his house was raided and all the cameras were found. It didn't really affect me too badly, I didn't know how to feel about it because I had no memory of anything happening. His short sentencing pissed me off. I had a small panic attack when he came in to where I worked and I was the only one around to help him. Anyway, so that was 10+ years ago but I was recently reminded of it. I haven't been sleeping well and my doctor was talking to me about options, including ambien. It kind of hit me that oh yeah, I have taken it before without my knowledge, and I have experienced what happens when you don't go to sleep right away when taking it. Just kind of me feel icky and a little weird about taking it again. So to think of those girls having to be forced to forgive him, and then continue to live with him and act like it doesn't affect them at all? Or to say it's all in the past and everyone has moved on? Ugh I just want to shake those two idiot parents until they figure out the type of damage they are doing to their children's psyche. Josh should have been sent to Jesus jail permanently long ago. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
HarleyQuinn

Anna's porn prevention probably just consists of being able to look up internet history, which Joshley probably gets around by using Chrome Incognito mode or something super basic like that. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
anotherone
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:50 PM, Purrl said:

Wonder why he's just now getting around to it? Maybe the Bates family suggested it, trying to sabotage the Duggars new season. :)

 

That's actually something that would make me want to watch...

Link to post
Share on other sites
twinmama
8 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I feel so sorry for those girls. When I was 14-15 my friend's dad slipped us ambien (at least 2-3 times) and potentially touched us while we were sleeping. He also had hidden cameras all around the house, including the bathroom. Anyway, I had no idea that I was drugged (though I did remember hallucinating a bit as I was fighting to fall asleep not knowing what was working in my system) , videotaped naked, or possibly molested until his house was raided and all the cameras were found. It didn't really affect me too badly, I didn't know how to feel about it because I had no memory of anything happening. His short sentencing pissed me off. I had a small panic attack when he came in to where I worked and I was the only one around to help him. Anyway, so that was 10+ years ago but I was recently reminded of it. I haven't been sleeping well and my doctor was talking to me about options, including ambien. It kind of hit me that oh yeah, I have taken it before without my knowledge, and I have experienced what happens when you don't go to sleep right away when taking it. Just kind of me feel icky and a little weird about taking it again. So to think of those girls having to be forced to forgive him, and then continue to live with him and act like it doesn't affect them at all? Or to say it's all in the past and everyone has moved on? Ugh I just want to shake those two idiot parents until they figure out the type of damage they are doing to their children's psyche. Josh should have been sent to Jesus jail permanently long ago. 

This is horrible and I am so sorry you had to go through that and that it is being brought back up for you again. You are so right about the girls, now women, having to be around him nonstop which is awful enough but on top of that having to act like everything is fine when they may not feel that way. It is just all around gross. How anyone can even like the Duggars at all after that came out is BEYOND ME. They handled it in the most shameful way possible, short of coming right out and saying it was the girls' fault not his. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dandruff

I think Smugs is in the Duggar doghouse with or without this lawsuit, and won't be the one paying if it's lost or settled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cleopatra7
25 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I think Smugs is in the Duggar doghouse with or without this lawsuit, and won't be the one paying if it's lost or settled.

I think it's very telling that since Joshgate 1.0 he's relied on his parents, wife, and siblings to speak for him in the media, other than those awful statements that were probably authored by a publicist. Other than going to Jesus Rehab (which may have actually been relaxing in the sense of not having to deal with his family obligations or make independent decisions), Josh hasn't had to claim any responsibility for anything he's done. He seems to be more of an irresponsible teen dad than the model "Christian" family man the Duggars are still insisting he is.

  • Upvote 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
JesSky03
15 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think it's very telling that since Joshgate 1.0 he's relied on his parents, wife, and siblings to speak for him in the media, other than those awful statements that were probably authored by a publicist. Other than going to Jesus Rehab (which may have actually been relaxing in the sense of not having to deal with his family obligations or make independent decisions), Josh hasn't had to claim any responsibility for anything he's done. He seems to be more of an irresponsible teen dad than the model "Christian" family man the Duggars are still insisting he is.

He is definitely not a man. A man wouldn't let his life sit in the hot seat for his affairs while he took a nice 6 month vacation away from it all. I would hire new PR if I were them. Josh not making any statements for himself is just plain awkward.

It will be interesting to see how they address this with the next season of Counting On. We all know Josh is around, we all know he is the big elephant in the room- just air it all out already or walk away from reality TV altogether.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

He is definitely not a man. A man wouldn't let his life sit in the hot seat for his affairs while he took a nice 6 month vacation away from it all. I would hire new PR if I were them. Josh not making any statements for himself is just plain awkward.

It will be interesting to see how they address this with the next season of Counting On. We all know Josh is around, we all know he is the big elephant in the room- just air it all out already or walk away from reality TV altogether.

I hope Anna is now where near a camera spewing her stuff in the new season

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BabyBottlePop

While I hope and pray this scandal could be the one that finally kills the Duggar brand, I don't have much hope. 

Now that Josh is *officially* back, I really wonder how Counting On will portray Anna, her children, et al, without addressing the elephant in the room that is Josh. How the hell are they going to show Jinger's wedding with him there? Are they going to fuzz out his face, cut him out of frame? 

At least, thank God, during the 'courting' episodes, we won't have Joshley leering in the corner giving her and Jeremy kissing advice and marriage tips. At least with Jeremy not being a virgin Joshley can't lord over him behind the scenes.

I wonder what Joshley is like now. I'm sure he is as insufferable as ever, especially since he can still lord over Anna. But I bet in the family his balloon of smug is definitely deflated. Considering he messed with the family money flow, I wonder if giving him somewhat of a cold shoulder is more acceptable. I hope so! 

 

Edited by BabyBottlePop
Missed a few words from typing fast
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Curious locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • HarryPotterFan

      HarryPotterFan

      Happy Shavuot to all those who celebrate! I have no idea why, but for some reason God commands us to eat ice cream. Well, dairy. So eat cheese! Eat pizza! Eat ice cream! Eat cheesecake! It has no calories because God commands us to do so!
      · 4 replies
    • Jinder Roles

      Jinder Roles

      I know it’s just a beauty contest but this is the 4th time Jamaica was snubbed in favour of 5 contestants who were clones (with the exception of Peru) 
      Still can’t believe Mexico won. Even Olivia Culpo was looking at the results confused😂
      Shoutout to Haiti, Canada, Thailand and Myanmar who were also snubbed. 
      · 0 replies
    • Mela99

      Mela99

      I really love gobs.
      · 1 reply
    • EmCatlyn

      EmCatlyn

      Tired and confused,
      · 0 replies
    • Jinder Roles

      Jinder Roles

      I've somehow invested in this year's Miss Universe pageant. After watching the prelims my favorites are: 
      1. Jamaica (naturally lol but she's doing well)
      2. Haiti (love her energy) 
      3. Great Britain 
      4. Bahamas 
      5. Canada (a beauty! absolutely stunning!)
      6. Japan (adorable) 
      7. Cameroon (also adorable w/ an amazing costume) 
      8. Myanmar (seems sweet)
      9. Vietnam 
      10. Thailand 
      11. USA (I'm rooting for everybody black lol) 
      Not a fan of these but I think they'll place: South Africa, Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Peru, Australia, Denmark, Ireland, Dom Rep. 
      If they make Zozi (the current Ms. Universe) give the crown to a white girl from Pretoria, I will scream. 
      · 1 reply
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?  »  church_of_dog

      I just made a lovely discovery! Type a colon, then a ) without any spaces. Then type a space. 
          
      I am ridiculously happy to discover this! (I also have a nagging feeling that I should have figured this out sooner...)
      · 11 replies
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      I’ve got a pack of rude sixth graders this morning. Ugh. 
      · 6 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      Aren't I too old to forget to eat lunch?  
      So now....do eat a late salad and be cranky before bed because I want dinner and it's too late to eat or....do I tough out the afternoon cranky at my desk and eat dinner?  
      The dilemma is real.  
      · 3 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      2nd Pfizer tomorrow!
      · 10 replies
    • Workingmom

      Workingmom

      So excited, happy. Finally I got my vaccination appointment. The first on the 26th of May , the second on my birthday.  Staying at home is no option, because I work in healthcare, with very close patientcontact. (I make mammograms). Hopefully I can relax a bit more after my vaccination and let the anxiety go.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.