IGNORED

Joshley 18: Another Summer, Another (Threatened) Lawsuit

SpoonfulOSugar

On 9/17/2016 at 2:15 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

If Josh cheats on Anna again, is she expected to just repeat what she's been doing now? Is she just supposed to keep forgiving him for the rest of their lives? 

No, probably not expected to repeat what she's been doing - she'll be told to do better because it's obviously her failure as a wife that led Smuggar astray. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On September 19, 2016 at 10:27 PM, backyard sylph said:

I think you're probably right. And I agree in particular that looks like a cold sore.

The fact is, probably a great many people want new and more reasons to despise Josh. I mean, it would mean she is more hurt, which is deplorable, and who could truly desire that? But we can't easily wrap our brains around the idea that they just go on as they did before, and wish something would intervene.

Yeah. I think Joshley has given us more than enough reasons to hate him without grasping at straws.

I think you're point about people not understanding how they can just continue as normal is probably more accurate. I really hope no one is sitting around hoping something else horrible happens just so we have more reasons to hate him or because it could spark changes. And I don't hope that for Josh's sake, but for Anna and their kids and anyone else who may be directly impacted.

On 9/18/2016 at 5:18 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

If it is a cold sore, she might not have caught it from Joshley. I have had cold sores since I was a child and I think I caught it from my grandmother from sharing a cup with her. 

Agreed. I got cold sores constantly as a kid, and I can say with certainty that I wasn't cavorting with prostitutes when I was 12. They were only embarrassing after my sister got her first sex ed in elementary school and loudly declared "NASTYHOBBITSES HAS HERPES!!" upon seeing my latest breakout.

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Agreed. I got cold sores constantly as a kid, and I can say with certainty that I wasn't cavorting with prostitutes when I was 12. They were only embarrassing after my sister got her first sex ed in elementary school and loudly declared "NASTYHOBBITSES HAS HERPES!!" upon seeing my latest breakout.

My cold sores (have them since I was a kid, I think I got it also from my Grandma, she and I are the only ones who have them) react a lot to stress. If I feel very stressed, it is almost 100% sure that I get a cold sore. I once went on a holiday with my former best friend. We shared a room. I was so stressed about that (that was before my Autism diagnosis) that I had four cold sores on my lips. It was hell. I could only drink with a straw. I looked like those c-celebs with fake lips. 

Currently I'm doing pretty good stress wise and I'm cold sore free for months now. During my worst times I had it several times per year.

Anna would not be out shopping and posing for pictures in public if she was bruised and busted up. There's an abundance of Duggar girls to go out and shop for her if she needed something if she was truly busted and bruised. I doubt the Duggar girls would want that photographed either especially with their relying on Counting On as a main source of income.

After all, hiding skeletons in the closet is to keep up appearances is all what this family is about.

14 hours ago, Gobbles said:

My cold sores (have them since I was a kid, I think I got it also from my Grandma, she and I are the only ones who have them) react a lot to stress. If I feel very stressed, it is almost 100% sure that I get a cold sore. I once went on a holiday with my former best friend. We shared a room. I was so stressed about that (that was before my Autism diagnosis) that I had four cold sores on my lips. It was hell. I could only drink with a straw. I looked like those c-celebs with fake lips. 

Currently I'm doing pretty good stress wise and I'm cold sore free for months now. During my worst times I had it several times per year.

I am completely the same. A hint of stress and the cold sores break out. It really annoys me when people call it "mouth herpes" (I mean, I know it is technically, but still, it's a different strain of virus) and say it's because of sexual reasons and liken it to genital herpes. It's SO common and so many people have it. As long as you're not going down on anyone while you have a cold sore, YOU ARE FINE.

On 9/21/2016 at 5:29 PM, Gobbles said:

My cold sores (have them since I was a kid, I think I got it also from my Grandma, she and I are the only ones who have them) react a lot to stress. 

People can have them and clear it. I had cold sores as a child but never as a teenager or later. My sister, on the other hand, gets one every year or so. I am less virtuous than my married sister. 

On September 17, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Jana814 said:

I'm sure she does. How badly as things might get I have a feeling she will never leave Josh because she would be going against G-d. 

Two of my BILs have each spent the past 50 years in miserable marriages for this exact reason. One was even assaulted pretty regularly in the earlier years, and is emotionally abused to this day. The other couple basically live separate lives and keep the peace. Both have openly said they would be divorced, but that would be against God.

One of them even admonished my husband and I for being "too in love with each other/more in love with each other than with God". Eh... I'm an atheist and have a thick skin. My husband, having grown up in that culture,  was a bit hurt at the time. We've been very happily married for close to 20 years. 

23 hours ago, Tesseract said:

Two of my BILs have each spent the past 50 years in miserable marriages for this exact reason. One was even assaulted pretty regularly in the earlier years, and is emotionally abused to this day. The other couple basically live separate lives and keep the peace. Both have openly said they would be divorced, but that would be against God.

One of them even admonished my husband and I for being "too in love with each other/more in love with each other than with God". Eh... I'm an atheist and have a thick skin. My husband, having grown up in that culture,  was a bit hurt at the time. We've been very happily married for close to 20 years. 

That is a textbook case of misery loves company.

I saw that the Duggar Family Official page just posted a picture of Anna and Josh. Man, he's looking ROUGH.

He looks like a dirty dirty man that would give out candy to little kids.

It's been awhile since I posted and I couldn't remember the rules about posting content. So I didn't know if I could pull the picture from their Facebook or not!

Josh looks horrid in that photo! His eyes....I don't even know how to describe it, but he doesn't look ok. He looks in a way as if the life has been sucked out of it.

I can't believe the Duggars have the audacity to post a happy anniversary to them publicly.

48 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope Anna's weight gain back isn't pregnancy related. Bleh.

I thought the exact same thing. I wonder how the Duggar would go about announcing that 

Maybe they're testing the waters...

maybe I'm in the minority but I could see them doing a redemption episode on him. Especially if Anna is pregnant. 

28 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

I thought the exact same thing. I wonder how the Duggar would go about announcing that 

Last summer, Josh and Anna walked through a very difficult journey in their life as a married couple, but the Lord's redemptive love has shown itself in their lives. We are proud to announce that we are expecting a precious new M'blessing. Praise Jesus! May He continue to bless us in this Season of Life.

...Something like that.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope Anna's weight gain back isn't pregnancy related. Bleh.

he needs to be neutered like the dog he is 

4 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Josh looks horrid in that photo! His eyes....I don't even know how to describe it, but he doesn't look ok. He looks in a way as if the life has been sucked out of it.

I can't believe the Duggars have the audacity to post a happy anniversary to them publicly.

of course they do - this who they are 

Anna doesn't look pregnant in the photo but Josh looks like he might be. The comments on the Lily and Ellie blog were particularly rage inducing. Anyone who thinks Anna is a "hero" for staying with Josh either has really low standards for heroism or has no idea what the term means. 

12 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Anyone who thinks Anna is a "hero" for stating with Josh either has really low standards for heroism or has no idea what the term means. 

I'd say they don't know what the term means, that Fundie education after all.

I think it's a cold sore as well ... but the eye does look kinda off. I don't think it is anything Josh related though. 

She doesn't look pregnant to me, but it's just a matter of time before Anna is pregnant again, cause we all know she has to fulfill Josh's sexual needs even more now, as I'm sure she has been told Josh's mishaps were (partially) her fault! 

On 9/22/2016 at 5:07 AM, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

I am completely the same. A hint of stress and the cold sores break out. It really annoys me when people call it "mouth herpes" (I mean, I know it is technically, but still, it's a different strain of virus) and say it's because of sexual reasons and liken it to genital herpes. It's SO common and so many people have it. As long as you're not going down on anyone while you have a cold sore, YOU ARE FINE.

Agreed with the mouth herpes thing. I hate when people equate it or talk about it as having genital herpes. When I was pregnant, they always do STD testing. So when my doctor said I tested positive for Herpes I about fell off the table. She then went on to say, oh I meant oral herpes. Just like those who have shared above, I have had these darn things since I was a child and get them constantly when stressed. I can guarantee you I didn't get oral herpes from doing anything sexual as a child.

He looks like he hasn't had a good nights sleep in weeks and his forehead looks bigger so I'm guessing he's lost quite a bit more hair from the stress. It also looks like he's spent those sleepless nights stuffing his vile mouth with everything he could lay his pervy hands on.  His poor brain washed wife has dead eyes and a forced smile that makes me feel sorry for her. No doubt it's been hammered into her brain that his failings are all her sinful fault and that she needs to be a better wife somehow.  I can't imagine being stuck with that sleazeball for life under threat of shunning. It's the kind of situation that would drive some into a nice warm bath with a glass of wine and a razor blade.

3 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

Maybe they're testing the waters...

maybe I'm in the minority but I could see them doing a redemption episode on him. Especially if Anna is pregnant. 

Definitely testing the waters. I called them bringing him back if there was a season after this one. And their use of a form of the word "redemption" just seals the deal for me. The Joshley Redemption Tour officially kicked off today. 

I just hope that when word gets out that he's returning to TLC IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM that what few advertisers they have left that are targeting Counting On will flee in droves and that ratings drop by half (about the ratio of hate-viewers vs. leghumpers, IME). 

IOW, I want this to backfire spectactularly on Jim Bob and hope there's video of Jessa's reaction when she finds out that her meal check is no more. THAT may be the camel that breaks the Duggars' back and forces Joshley to leave.

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Definitely testing the waters. I called them bringing him back if there was a season after this one. And their use of a form of the word "redemption" just seals the deal for me. The Joshley Redemption Tour officially kicked off today. 

I just hope that when word gets out that he's returning to TLC IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM that what few advertisers they have left that are targeting Counting On will flee in droves and that ratings drop by half (about the ratio of hate-viewers vs. leghumpers, IME). 

IOW, I want this to backfire spectactularly on Jim Bob and hope there's video of Jessa's reaction when she finds out that her meal check is no more. THAT may be the camel that breaks the Duggars' back and forces Joshley to 

I think you are right about this. It seems odd they've kept him hidden for over a year, and all of a sudden there is a public anniversary wish.

They are reading the Internet, they know most people think Counting On is a snooze fest. TLC and probably Boob know that people will tune in to see a Josh interview, or worse, a spin off show on Josh and Anna's  recovery.

How low people will sink for the almighty dollar never ceases to amaze me. Someone should remind Boob what the Bible says about the love of money, and greed, and idolatry.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived