IGNORED

All Topics Hillary Clinton MERGED

RoseWilder

@AmazonGrace From your mouth to god's ear! Just make them get the facts out there FAST - so Cheeto can't carry on alleging whatever has just come into his head...

• Upvote 1

What is actually "bigger than Watergate" (by far, and I am old enough to have lived through Watergate time) is Paul Manafort, Donald Trump et al being in cahoots with Russia hacking into the DNC and the Clinton campaign's communications. I want to know why this isn't being investigated more and exposed.

I oppose Trump's candidacy with everything in me.

That said, on the Dem side, what was a (serious) problem was Clinton's use of a private server for what should only have been on an official SECURED server. (Yes, she is a far better alternative than Trump, and yes, I oppose Trump. Yes, the Russia/Trump thing is far worse). But this still was an issue. Sorry to say.

You can't make this stuff up. We in the US surely could have done better than this.

• Upvote 3

I think it's appalling behavior on behalf of Comey. The emails weren't from the private server, they were not to her, they were not FROM her, they were emails on Weiner's computer because his wife works for Clinton. And somehow this is REOPENING THE INVESTIGATION SHE'S A CROOK PUT HER IN PRISON OMG. Dude. What?
It took all of an hour for the press to start back pedaling- going from HILLARY CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING SHADY to "umm.... the letter doesn't actually say anything, just that there's emails regarding her campaign on a computer in FBI custody and the FBI needs to read them, but nothing classified and nothing to/from her and how is this news, exactly?"
Now I'm reading that the DOJ is asking the FBI why they felt it necessary to make a mountain out of an admitted molehill 11 days before an election, when it's standard practice to not have the FBI or DOJ investigating people or releasing things for 60 days before the election, to avoid the appearance of impropriety. I guess Comey just couldn't wait those 11 days and had to talk about the fact that there were unclassified emails that were neither to nor from Clinton on the laptop of the husband of her aide.
I just......what? How is this even NEWS? I can see Comey out of a job if he's not able to produce a compelling reason for sending that letter to the members of Congress.

• Upvote 11

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/phishing-email-hack-john-podesta-hillary-clinton-wikileaks/index.html

I'm sure this is not all of it.

3 minutes ago, bea said:

I think it's appalling behavior on behalf of Comey. The emails weren't from the private server, they were not to her, they were not FROM her, they were emails on Weiner's computer because his wife works for Clinton. And somehow this is REOPENING THE INVESTIGATION SHE'S A CROOK PUT HER IN PRISON OMG. Dude. What?
It took all of an hour for the press to start back pedaling- going from HILLARY CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING SHADY to "umm.... the letter doesn't actually say anything, just that there's emails regarding her campaign on a computer in FBI custody and the FBI needs to read them, but nothing classified and nothing to/from her and how is this news, exactly?"
Now I'm reading that the DOJ is asking the FBI why they felt it necessary to make a mountain out of an admitted molehill 11 days before an election, when it's standard practice to not have the FBI or DOJ investigating people or releasing things for 60 days before the election, to avoid the appearance of impropriety. I guess Comey just couldn't wait those 11 days and had to talk about the fact that there were unclassified emails that were neither to nor from Clinton on the laptop of the husband of her aide.
I just......what? How is this even NEWS? I can see Comey out of a job if he's not able to produce a compelling reason for sending that letter to the members of Congress.

As I understand it, these emails WERE from the private server, sent to Abedin and Weiner. They were found on Weiner's laptop - but they came from the private server.

I just heard about this fantastic website that tells the stories of women who were born before women had the right to vote, who are now voting for Hillary Clinton: 

http://www.iwaited96years.com/

I've only read one story so far and I'm already crying. 

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Huffington Post's senior political editor just tweeted that the emails found were not from Hillary Clinton: 

This is all very confusing. And infuriating. Remember, fellow FJers, if you want these political witchhunts to stop, vote Blue all the way. Let's take back the House and the Senate. We cannot allow these Republicans to waste more time and money and pointless investigations that really just amount to giant toddler-level temper tantrums the Republicans are having because they aren't getting their way. 

This IS infuriating.  There's a feeding frenzy on mainstream media about this.  If you don't dig deeper to the next level, you won't know any of the criticism of Comey, that these are not emails related to Clinton, but the damn damage has been done.   My neighbors, pleasant retired school teachers, voted Trump, "because Hillary is so dishonest".   I'm an unrepentant Hillary supporter.  I'm just hoping there are enough people seeing through the shit screen thrown up by Trump to get her elected. 

Going for a bike ride to enjoy life for awhile, and set this burden down. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Howl said:

This IS infuriating.  There's a feeding frenzy on mainstream media about this.  If you don't dig deeper to the next level, you won't know any of the criticism of Comey, that these are not emails related to Clinton, but the damn damage has been done.   My neighbors, pleasant retired school teachers, voted Trump, "because Hillary is so dishonest".   I'm an unrepentant Hillary supporter.  I'm just hoping there are enough people seeing through the shit screen thrown up by Trump to get her elected. 

Going for a bike ride to enjoy life for awhile, and set this burden down. 

Were your neighbors already planning to vote for Trump before this phony email scandal? 

I think this email thing isn't going to change that many minds. I think this is making the Hillary supporters even more determined to vote for her (and in many cases, it's fired them up to early vote, which is a great thing because if a lot of people early vote then the Clinton campaign can have a laser-focus on the remaining more reluctant voters and focus more on their GOTV efforts on them.) 

And the anti-Hillary people weren't going to vote for her anyway. This just gives them more stuff to bitch about on social media. But they were going to do that anyway. 

All the early voting articles I read this morning were showing good signs for Clinton and the Democrats in general. This phony scandal is just firing up the Democrats. Which is a good thing, now we don't have to worry about voting complacency from people who were convinced she was going to easily win. 

And I know it's frustrating to see the mainstream media report on this irresponsibly, but they have reported on the Clinton email stuff irresponsibly this entire election cycle, and Hillary still overcame that and is doing well in the polls. Women who are offended by Trump, people of color, and all the many other people Trump has offended are not going to switch over and vote for Trump because of this. They will show up for Hillary. And she will win. 

Edited by RoseWilder
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, sawasdee said:

@AmazonGrace From your mouth to god's ear! Just make them get the facts out there FAST - so Cheeto can't carry on alleging whatever has just come into his head...

Remember that Trump's fans don't care about the truth, they want to hear how awful Clinton is, and Trump is happy to provide that for them.

Edited by Cartmann99
Took out all the extra space at the bottom.
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Howl said:

There's a feeding frenzy on mainstream media about this.  If you don't dig deeper to the next level, you won't know any of the criticism of Comey, that these are not emails related to Clinton, but the damn damage has been done.  

The media seems to be shifting their headlines to focusing on how wrong Comey was. CNN (which has been a little too Republican-leaning for my taste lately) is reporting on it as well as ABCNEWS and NBCNEWS. I consider those sources all to be part of the mainstream media. So I do think the narrative is shifting.

• Upvote 6

The people saying that Clinton is a criminal only make me want to vote for her more.  She's been investigated nearly non-stop for 22 years and she's never been convicted of anything.  If she is a criminal, she the smartest fucking person on the planet.  I'd definitely want someone with that kind of intelligence in the White House!

• Upvote 12

More early voting stats that are looking good for Clinton: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/29/1588347/-Ipsos-Reuters-Clinton-solid-lead-in-early-voting-Hillary-leads-Trump-15-in-early-vote-95-WIN

With 11 days to go before the U.S. presidential election, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton leads Republican Donald Trump by 15 percentage points among early voters surveyed in the past two weeks, according to the Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation project.

Though data is not available for all early voting states, Clinton enjoys an edge in swing states such as Ohio and Arizona and in Republican Party strongholds such as Georgia and Texas.

An estimated 19 million Americans have voted so far in the election, according to the University of Florida’s United States Election Project, accounting for as much as 20 percent of the electorate.

Overall, Clinton remained on track to win a majority of votes in the Electoral College, the Reuters/Ipsos survey showed.

Having so many ballots locked down before the Nov. 8 election is good news for the Clinton campaign.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Were your neighbors already planning to vote for Trump before this phony email scandal? 

No, they early voted for Trump last Monday or Tuesday; apparently their minds were made up relatively early on. 

Edited by Howl

5 hours ago, Childless said:

The people saying that Clinton is a criminal only make me want to vote for her more.  She's been investigated nearly non-stop for 22 years and she's never been convicted of anything.  If she is a criminal, she the smartest fucking person on the planet.  I'd definitely want someone with that kind of intelligence in the White House!

I so agree. I can't imagine being under constant scrutiny for all those years.

I've posted this before, but it's truly one of my favorite bits from Real Time. The Notorious HRC.

He says that she should run as the tough, ugly woman the Republicans think she is. One of the quotes that I love is (supposed to be HRC speaking):

When Donald Trump gets mad at someone, he sends out a mean girl tweet in the middle of the night. that's cute. Here's me killing Bin Laden

and

Donald Trump puts buildings up, she buries people under them. (talking about how some of the worst alt-right conspiracy theorists say that she's killed upwards of 90 people personally.

• Upvote 5

Interesting article :

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/29/1588513/-Comey-s-own-troops-up-in-arms-over-Hillary-letter

Kurt Eichenwald of Newsweek and Vanity Fair has fired off a blizzard of tweets suggesting that a number of rank-and-file FBI agents are absolutely steaming over this.

Apparently most of the sources within the FBI who are furious are Republicans. Interesting. Very interesting. 

Edited by RoseWilder
  • Upvote 5

It appears that the FBI have not even read the emails in question,as they do not fall under the search warrant, which is limited to Weiner's emails.Thus they have NO IDEA whether they are either 'pertinent' or 'significant'. This is blatant politicising by Comey.

• Upvote 8

The fact that it is DOJ and FBI policy

a) Not to discuss ongoing investigations

b)Especially not to discuss ongoing investigations with potential political impact within 60 days of an election

appears to make these disclosures even more egregious.

Comey was also advised by both his own subordinates and by senior members of the DOJ not to write this letter. I can't see how he shouldn't resign.

• Upvote 7

Responding to the allegation, Mrs. Clinton issued a terse statement indicating that she could not have participated in Lincoln’s assassination because she was born in 1947.

“That’s what she wants us to believe,” Sen. Graham said.

The same author

http://www.newyorker.com/.../fox-new-evidence-hillary-killed-lincoln

• Upvote 5

Regardless of how wrong Comey was to release this letter, polls are tightening. He may have accomplished his goal if it was to hand the election to Trump. 

Every time I look at FiveThirtyEight, it is closer than the time before. 

Someone needs to talk me off the ledge. 

• Upvote 4

Regardless of how wrong Comey was to release this letter, polls are tightening. He may have accomplished his goal if it was to hand the election to Trump. 
Every time I look at FiveThirtyEight, it is closer than the time before. 
Someone needs to talk me off the ledge. 

I'm in the same boat, but I refuse to believe that the FSM would allow this to happen to us. It will be ok.

In related news: if i ever hear the words email server or rigged again, it will be too fucking soon.
  • Upvote 6

@louisa05

Have you been keeping up with the Presidential Polling thread? I've been posting positive things over there for the last few days. 

But I'll post it here again: 

Early voting stats are looking really good for the Democrats in Nevada: 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/10/30/1588657/-NV-Early-Voting-Update

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nevada-early-vote_us_581652efe4b0990edc31d16b

As of Sunday morning, registered Democrats had established a 7-point lead over registered Republicans in the state’s early vote totals. That margin is just slightly below the lead Democrats held at the same point in 2012, when President Barack Obama ended up winning the state by 6.6 percent.

Democrats actually increased their turnout lead by roughly 3,000 votes on Saturday, one day after FBI Director James Comey made headlines by releasing a controversial letter indicating his agency was again looking into Clinton’s email practices while she was secretary of state. 

Nevada is one of a small handful of swing states where polling aggregates show Clinton and GOP nominee Donald Trump currently within five points of one another, according to HuffPost Pollster.

To understand the state’s importance, consider this: If Clinton wins Nevada, she could lose all of the other swing states ― Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Georgia ― and still win the presidency, assuming the non-battleground states do not shift.

Democrats hold a 90,000-voter registration edge over Republicans in Nevada, and if current turnout trends continue, the state will be “almost impossible for Trump to win,” wrote Jon Ralston, an influential Nevada political reporter, on Sunday. 

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/10/30/1587757/-Texas-Votes-Day-6-Weekend-Excitement

Also, the get out the vote effort cannot be underestimated. I've read tons of articles today that talked about how organized the Clinton campaign is with their GOTV efforts, and how Trump doesn't have a GOTV effort. I'll try to find those articles and post them. 

• Upvote 6

I've been volunteering for GOTV as well as her campaign for the past 2.5 months and in a swing state as well! My field organizers have said that Trump hasn't had any GOTV at least in my state, here's one link from washington post in August talking about it:

For the most part, voting is a pain. Some people sign up to have a polling place located in the garage of their suburban homes; those folks have it figured out. For most people, though, voting requires heading out to a random church or school you visit once every other November and waiting in line for your chance to pick which county supervisor you think will do the best job. When it's raining or if you are unimpressed with the candidates on the ballot or if you have to work a double shift, you're very naturally less likely to vote.

This is why political campaigns put money and staff on the job of making sure people go to the polls. Some people will always vote, no matter what. A lot of people will probably vote -- and they're the ones that the campaigns will spend all day on Election Day bothering, checking polling places to see if they've voted already and showing up at their door -- maybe even offering a ride! -- if they haven't.

Donald Trump says that he thinks that's a waste.

In an interview with Fox News noted by Talking Points Memo, Trump dismissed the idea of having a get-out-the-vote (GOTV) operation like the one described above.

Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/12/yes-mr-trump-you-do-need-a-get-out-the-vote-effort/

and from us news

Trump, however, seems not to have gotten the memo. Despite a declared effort after the Republican National Convention to expand the ground game, Trump lags way behind Clinton in field offices. According to a tally assembled by the election blog "538," Trump has 207 field offices, compared to Clinton's 489. In Florida – a state Trump must capture to win the election – the ratio is similar, with Clinton beating Trump 68 offices to his 29.

Businessman Trump has argued that campaigns need not overspend and overstaff to be successful. But even on one of the least-costly ways of mobilizing voters and volunteers – the internet – Trump is far outdone by Clinton. The former secretary of state's main website allows surfers to click onto state-specific sites for all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Trump has personalized sites for just 15 battleground states. Unlike Clinton's site, Trump's does not include information in Spanish, despite the fact that Hispanic voters are important in Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Arizona and Virginia.

Link: http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2016-10-14/donald-trump-abandons-the-ground-game

I was curious to see where his offices were in my state, and he has one in the city which is the closest to my suburban neighborhood and the next one being in Lancaster, which is about a 45 minute drive from the greater Philadelphia area. He has also gotten rid of his headquarters in Virginia (a swing state). At least starting with GOTV for Clinton, in my experience has been a little shakey just because we had to weed out Trump supporters when we first started, but it has gotten a lot better now!

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Destiny said:

In related news: if i ever hear the words email server or rigged again, it will be too fucking soon.

My list of words I am sick of hearing from him (in addition to RIGGED):

terrible, horrible, tremendous, stupid, DEAL (!), amazing, incredible, tremendous

-- and speeches made of sentences that consist of 4 words or less - or consist of words that don't make actual sentences. (What can I say? I do a lot of writing as part of my job).

• Upvote 6