IGNORED

All Topics Hillary Clinton MERGED

RoseWilder

3 hours ago, apple1 said:

First - I'm voting Hillary.

Second - IMO there is clearly a serious bias in "investigations" by the FBI regarding these candidates.

But - There is a serious problem with this (quoted) statement. Secretary of State using private server for state and classified emails WAS a serious lapse in judgment and is not comparable to - for example - someone like me sending my coworker a recipe from work email. And - by the way - if I, for example, were to bring patient information home and use my personal email to send such information - I would likely and justifiably have my employment terminated.

So - no matter how much we oppose Trump and want Hillary to win - no purpose is served by continuing to excuse this fault.

Now let's move on. And the FBI and the media and everyone else needs to put Trump under the same microscope. Nobody can convince me that there's not some serious bias going on.

Absolutely agree. There is a big difference between Clinton or Powell doing it as opposed to the average American worker.

That said, I do honestly think it was blown way out of proportion at times. Yeah, she made a bad decision, but none of the emails examined so far seem to have been anything serious. There was no reason for so many investigations into the matter and there's no reason for Comey to have made the announcement when he did.

And yeah, Trump should be subjected to the same scrutiny and treatment as Clinton. They're running for the same job and deserve to be treated equally.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The alt-right wants everything for white men. White women are second class in their eyes. Men and women of color are descending from there in their sick worldview. I used to work with someone who was alt-right. He didn't have the white sheet or anything, but he wasn't far off. He would go off on rants about how things went to heck in a handbasket once those "n" lovers (sorry, I won't even type something so offensive) and "bra burners" (feminists) started getting some power. In his point of view, only white men should ever be in power. He also said that was why our country was great in the past, because it was founded by white men. He conveniently forgot about the large population of Native Americans who lived here just fine before the white men showed up. I never cheer about someone losing his or her job, but when he was laid off, I didn't shed a tear.

I agree that Hillary should focus on Agent Orange's Russian ties. It is appalling that he's getting such a pass on that. If the tables were turned, the headlines would be "Comrade Hillary" or some such nonsense.

I keep hoping and praying that when it comes down to it, enough people who realize Hillary, warts and all, would be a zillion times better for the U.S. and the world than electing Cinnamon Hitler.

To me, the alt right stuff sounds like a bunch of cry babies running scared.  "What!  I'm going to have to compete with everyone for jobs/promotions/awards/school slots/elected positions/etc.?  Now I'm going to have to be smarter and worker harder.  How dare they!". It's quite pathetic.

• Upvote 7

Weld and Johnson don't agree on Comey: 

Weld, the former head of the Department of Justice Criminal Division, told Maddow that the agency’s decision to examine the emails was “incomprehensible” because “there’s nothing there.” He expressed similar concerns Monday when he told CNN’s “New Day” that the probe left him “outraged.” 

“I do not have my candidate hat on here,” he said on CNN. “I have on my former Justice Department hat. And I’m outraged by what’s going on here because it’s such a violation of Justice Department policies, procedures, whatever.”

Johnson, however, told a Colorado radio station over the weekend that the former secretary of state “could well end up in impeachment” over the controversy surrounding her email server if she wins the election Tuesday. “This is Watergate kind of stuff,” he said, in reference to the break-in cover-up that led to Richard Nixon resigning as president in 1974. “This is really, really deep, real stuff.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-weld-vouches-for-hillary-clinton_us_58195566e4b07c97c1c55168

This Watergate stuff just doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, it could be Watergate if there is something deeply incriminating in those mails but we don't even know how many of them are spam and how many are from HRC. We don't know if they contain her daily schedule and casserole recipes or state secrets. We don't know if it's emails that HRC wanted desperately to hide or  if it's the same emails that the FBI already read before and concluded there was nothing there.

Iif it turns out that HRC sexted with Anthony Wiener then she should be locked up for stupidity, no question. 

It's like Watergate but only if Watergate was a break-in into the Democratic headquarters, or possibly somewhere else, or perhaps it wasn't a break-in at all but they were invited and it was all in good fun, we just don't know yet because the FBI doesn't have the warrants to ask about it. 

• Upvote 4

“Now the FBI has launched a new investigation,” Trump’s ad says. In a way, it perfectly captures the absurdity of this whole situation that the ad does not say for what she is supposedly being investigated. Instead, it repeats a barrage of charges about the Clinton Foundation and supposed pay-to-play, and then tacks on the claim about the FBI, as if she’s being just investigated for general corruption, with the details not mattering in the least.

None of this is to absolve Clinton of her own role in creating this email mess. Rather, the point is that the vagueness of Comey’s letter is precisely what made it possible for Trump and Republicans to hype the precise significance of the new discovery into something much greater than the sum of the known facts, as Trump’s new ad does. Meanwhile, the media played a role here, too. While news organizations did bear down hard and squeeze out of anonymous sources the key additional information and context we needed to understand just how little FBI agents actually know about these emails, there were screaming headlines for days that probably created the impression for many voters that a criminal probe has been reopened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/11/02/perfect-now-james-comeys-big-mess-is-featured-in-a-trump-political-ad/?utm_term=.044e7e73f277

• Upvote 1

Buzzfeed published an open letter to Comey from a writer claiming to be the now 16 year old victim of Anthony Weiner:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/heres-an-open-letter-to-james-comey?utm_term=.gwQ86BWyy#.qtn4rlzvv

"I am strong, intelligent, and certain that I will come out from under this nightmare, but it will not be as a result of your doing your job to protect me. I hope that by making my letter to you public, you will think about how your actions affect the victims of the crimes you are investigating. The election is important, yes, but what happened to me and how it makes me feel and how others see me, is much more important. It's time that the FBI Director puts his victims' rights above political views."

:clap:

• Upvote 7

Johnson is an idiot. To suggest that the emails and the private server is "like Watergate" is ridiculous. He obviously knows about as much about history as he does about geography, which is essentially nothing. And how she can be impeached as PRESIDENT for something that she did before taking office is problematic as well.  I've always heard that smoking marijuana does not affect your brain or your mental acumen; I'm starting to doubt it!

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, AuntK said:

Johnson is an idiot. To suggest that the emails and the private server is "like Watergate" is ridiculous. He obviously knows about as much about history as he does about geography, which is essentially nothing. And how she can be impeached as PRESIDENT for something that she did before taking office is problematic as well.  I've always heard that smoking marijuana does not affect your brain or your mental acumen; I'm starting to doubt it!

I saw Carl Bernstein being interviewed a day or so ago. Someone asked him if this is "like Watergate". His reply was "not even close".

I'm so sick of seeing and hearing Republican Senators and Representatives promising to impeach Hillary if she is elected. Gee, silly me thought that people who are being asked to decide on matters of this magnitude should keep an open mind until they hear all the FACTS. President Obama chastised Comey yesterday, saying that we should not operate on speculation.

Before I knew much about him, Gary Johnson seemed to be a reasonable person. However, he's a big fool. I agree with your assertion about marijuana impacting someone's mental acumen.

• Upvote 7

Sigh. Faux News is reporting that there are gonna be indictments in the Clinton Foundation mess, and that the email server was hacked by five foreign countries.

Personally, I wouldn't believe Faux News if they said the sky was blue or water is wet, but I know a lot of people who love it. This election can't be over fast enough. 

• Upvote 7

You know they've had these emails for weeks and while there may be a few that are embarrassing because they talk about someone, I have yet to see even one that comes close to being improper, much less criminal.  Ok, she shouldn't have used a private server, I get it, but it's not that big of a deal, people. Not when you compare it to a candidate who admits to sexual assaults, who has mob ties, Russian ties, financial ties in Turkey, Indonesia, and other nations, which would cause serious conflicts should he be elected, who is racist, misogynistic,  xenophobic, incites violence,  does not have the intellect  nor the initiative to learn enough about foreign and domestic policy, is thin-skinned and lacks the temperament to serve as president, currently has 75 active lawsuits pending which would hinder a sitting president's ability to serve, etc, etc, etc.  

For the life of me, I cannot understand why a bunch of emails can overshadow ALL OF TRUMP'S SHIT. . .

• Upvote 12

And this Wikileaks guy, ASSange, is living in the Ecuadorian embassy in London, because if he leaves, he will be arrested, either by the US, hopefully for hacking, espionage, and Sweden is wanting to talk to him about alleged rapes.  And THIS guy is the one the MSM is relying on? He is a thug, at best.

• Upvote 5

So with the election coming super soon, I have honestly never you know questioned my safety voting (granted I've only voted once in person before, but at least going with my mom growing up it was the same deal!). Now I'm wondering if I should be on high alerts, and wondering what's going to happen in Philadelphia, especially after reading this: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Alt-right-group-says-it-plans-to-disrupt-Election-Day-in-Philly-with-weed-40s.html

An "alt-right" white supremacist group says it plans to hand out liquor and marijuana in Philadelphia as a way to suppress minority voting, and claims to have secretly set up surveillance cameras in some polling places in the city, according to a report.

Politico’s Ben Schreckinger wrote that neo-Nazi leader Andrew Anglin claims to have partnered with the alt-right site TheRightStuff.biz to monitor polling places and intimidate voters in Philadelphia and elsewhere on Election Day. The group says it plans to accomplish its goal Tuesday through handing out “40s and weed” in “the ghettos in Philly,” according to an email sent to Politico.

“We also have some teams going in to the ghettos in Philly with 40s and weed to give out to the local residents, which we think will lead to more of them staying home,” read the email sent by an unnamed TheRightStuff.biz team member. “We have had success with this in the past.” The term 40s refers to 40-ounce bottles of malt liquor.

And in regards to her emails (which HOW AND WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS?!/ Wishing this was going to be revealed when Collin Powell and Condaleeza Rice admitted to using one). http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-documents-idUSKBN12Y2WY

The FBI and U.S. intelligence agencies are examining faked documents aimed at discrediting the Hillary Clinton campaign as part of a broader investigation into what U.S. officials believe has been an attempt by Russia to disrupt the presidential election, people with knowledge of the matter said.

U.S. Senator Tom Carper, a Democrat on the Senate Homeland Security Committee, has referred one of the documents to the FBI for investigation on the grounds that his name and stationery were forged to appear authentic, some of the sources who had knowledge of that discussion said.

In the letter identified as fake, Carper is quoted as writing to Clinton, “We will not let you lose this election,” a person who saw the document told Reuters.

The fake Carper letter, which was described to Reuters, is one of several documents presented to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Department of Justice for review in recent weeks, the sources said.

• Upvote 2

Really?!?!?!  Why aren't Republicans, the party who claims to be pro-Constitution and hates anything foreign, not outraged that the Russians are forging documents to try and sway the election?  Even if they insist Trump isn't involved, you'd still think they'd be all up in arms over it, calling the Russians out regardless of who they are targeting.  Is foreign meddling OK so long as it benefits them?  That is hypocrisy at its finest.  I guess they aren't true constitutionalists after all.  Notice how I don't appear shocked at that revelation.

• Upvote 5

I cannot believe the misleading, innuendoe, and downright lies being promulgated by Fox News. I am not a US citizen - in my country, the Uk, they would be called out, if not prosecuted. What, if any, are the sanctions that can be called on them? They are broadcsting information they KNOW NOT TO BE TRUE!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

I cannot believe the misleading, innuendoe, and downright lies being promulgated by Fox News. I am not a US citizen - in my country, the Uk, they would be called out, if not prosecuted. What, if any, are the sanctions that can be called on them? They are broadcsting information they KNOW NOT TO BE TRUE!

Honestly? Not much. I guess Clinton could try suing for libel and slander or something, but I don't know if it would be worth it. I don't think there's a whole lot that can be done other than trying to get more people to call them out on their bullshit.

• Upvote 4

Thanks  -  @VelociRapture I am just so frustrated seeing the lies they promulgate, without, it seems, any consequences. I just hope that post election, people realise they are not a news organisation, but an arm of propanda - and that affects their bottom line.

• Upvote 3