IGNORED

All Topics Hillary Clinton MERGED

RoseWilder

14 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Thank you for this! I have been a Hillary supporter for a very long time, so I did not have to make the journey this writer made. However, as the writer rounded the corner to becoming a Hillary admirer, she admires that same things that I do.  She also nails, absolutely NAILS how HRC came to be viewed as inherently dishonest.  From the article that @RoseWilder referenced above:  

I realized that it is not hard to see why someone would have a negative opinion of Clinton. We have been conditioned to hold such views through the simplest, most basic form of psychological manipulation, the kind of conditioning we use on our pets when we want to train them to do something. Clinton, of course, is not without flaws. No human being is, and certainly no politician is. But, like obedient pets, we have been trained to view her flaws through the worst possible frame, exaggerating them exponentially in ways we do not even realize. Trump's oft repeated phrase "Crooked Hillary" and his angry rally chants of "Lock her up!" have been the culmination of this process of decades-long vilification.

There's also an inherent misogyny in much, or all, of this Hillary hate.  Hillary is formidably smart, brilliant.  She is tough and shrewd (qualities that are rarely admired and savagely attacked in women) and she's had to be, from the day she sat for the entrance exam to Yale law school and was harassed by male test takers* to dealing with other world leaders as Secretary of State for 8 years. Some articles dispute that this exam incident ever happened.  I'm one year younger than HRC and  I can tell you it happened, even though I wasn't there.  Younger people likely can't understand the depth of male entitlement that was "just how it was" during that time period.  For example, when my mom was trying to divorce my dad in 1968, she'd been in the work force full time for 6 years.  Because she was still legally a married woman, she was  unable to open a bank account in her own name.   It was understood that men made more money than women because "they had to support a family", even if a woman was the sole financial provider and another male employee was single.  

She had to hide her light under a bushel, as they say, as First Lady.  She learned some hard lessons there when she championed a single-payer health care model and was shot down.  Had she been successful, we would not have the cluster-fuck that is the current health insurance system.  I currently use a single-payer model called traditional MediCare (along with about 46 million other people over age 65) and it works quite well. 

ETA: and why the hell is the mentally and physically boated irrelevant Newt Gingrich still being invited onto talk shows like Meet  the Press?  WHY? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11

Well I'd like to think the people who accused her of illegal activity would feel embarrassed by now, but I've learned those kind of people are numb to embarrassment and they're never wrong. They will continue to harp about how she's a criminal. 

My relatives who are "religious" (I put that in quotes because they're total assholes who treat everyone who has a different political or religious opinion from them like crap), post conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory about Hillary murdering people, worshiping satan, etc. 

I'm so dangerously close to responding with "thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." 

• Upvote 7

WTF, Comey.  May your name live on in infamy and may you get fired.  With prejudice.

• Upvote 13

11 hours ago, sawasdee said:

Thanks  -  @VelociRapture I am just so frustrated seeing the lies they promulgate, without, it seems, any consequences. I just hope that post election, people realise they are not a news organisation, but an arm of propanda - and that affects their bottom line.

Try to think of Fox as more of an entertainment network like the ones devoted to classic movies, sports, or cooking. Fox News is there to provide "news" and commentary to its audience, with the right-wing slant the audience wants. 

They did lose some viewers after the 2012 election because they convinced their audience that Romney was going to win in a landslide. Trump has repeatedly told his fans that the election is rigged, so I don't think they will lose many viewers after this election.

Crazy, huh?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Coy Koi said:

Well now I'm just confused...

The greatest troll of the century was dumped even by Faux?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Well now I'm just confused...

4 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

The greatest troll of the century was dumped even by Faux?

This was an opinion piece, not an actual news report. Pretty much every media source will publish an opposing opinion piece at some point. 

So no. Fox didn't dump Trump or anything. They just published an opinion piece from an opposing viewpoint.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Howl said:

Thank you for this! I have been a Hillary supporter for a very long time, so I did not have to make the journey this writer made. However, as the writer rounded the corner to becoming a Hillary admirer, she admires that same things that I do.  She also nails, absolutely NAILS how HRC came to be viewed as inherently dishonest.  From the article that @RoseWilder referenced above:  

There's also an inherent misogyny in much, or all, of this Hillary hate.  Hillary is formidably smart, brilliant.  She is tough and shrewd (qualities that are rarely admired and savagely attacked in women) and she's had to be, from the day she sat for the entrance exam to Yale law school and was harassed by male test takers* to dealing with other world leaders as Secretary of State for 8 years. Some articles dispute that this exam incident ever happened.  I'm one year younger than HRC and  I can tell you it happened, even though I wasn't there.  Younger people likely can't understand the depth of male entitlement that was "just how it was" during that time period.  For example, when my mom was trying to divorce my dad in 1968, she'd been in the work force full time for 6 years.  Because she was still legally a married woman, she was  unable to open a bank account in her own name.   It was understood that men made more money than women because "they had to support a family", even if a woman was the sole financial provider and another male employee was single.  

She had to hide her light under a bushel, as they say, as First Lady.  She learned some hard lessons there when she championed a single-payer health care model and was shot down.  Had she been successful, we would not have the cluster-fuck that is the current health insurance system.  I currently use a single-payer model called traditional MediCare (along with about 46 million other people over age 65) and it works quite well. 

ETA: and why the hell is the mentally and physically boated irrelevant Newt Gingrich still being invited onto talk shows like Meet  the Press?  WHY? 

This is so true. One of Geraldine Ferraro's daughters made a documentary about her mother's life. It was quite interesting. One of the interviews was so telling. When Gerry decided she wasn't happy teaching and wanted go to law school, the man in admissions asked her if she was serious because she would be taking a man's place. This was in the late 1950s.  I remember her run for the Vice Presidency in 1984, so many people were aghast that a woman would dare to aspire to that level. And, just like with Hillary, the hardcore conservatives went after her with a vengeance.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is so true. One of Geraldine Ferraro's daughters made a documentary about her mother's life. It was quite interesting. One of the interviews was so telling. When Gerry decided she wasn't happy teaching and wanted go to law school, the man in admissions asked her if she was serious because she would be taking a man's place. This was in the late 1950s.  I remember her run for the Vice Presidency in 1984, so many people were aghast that a woman would dare to aspire to that level. And, just like with Hillary, the hardcore conservatives went after her with a vengeance.

Yes, I remember her run too.

I recall Sandra Day O'Connor saying she was offered typing jobs at law firms after she graduated from law school.

• Upvote 2

I just saw a meme on Facebook with the caption "Garbage Pickup November 9, 2016."  Obama and Hillary are in the back of a garbage truck, and Agent Orange is standing in front giving a thumbs-up.

:GRONDE:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/in-final-appeal-to-voters-clinton-changes-slogan-to-wont-blow-up-planet

RALEIGH (News Satire from The Borowitz Report)—Delivering her closing argument of the 2016 campaign, Hillary Clinton has replaced her campaign slogan, “Stronger Together,” with a new one, “Won’t Blow Up Planet.”

According to Clinton-campaign sources, the new slogan is designed to appeal to suburban women, a group of voters that has historically opposed blowing up the planet.

Clinton launched the slogan at a campaign appearance in Raleigh, North Carolina, where she told supporters, “On Day One of my Administration, I will work for you. I will fight for you. And I will not blow up the planet.”

But, even as Clinton spoke, the slogan came under fire from Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, who said that it reflected “the failed policies of the past.”

“The American people have just had eight years of a President who didn’t blow up the planet,” Conway said. “Donald Trump is offering something different.”

• Upvote 4

Just read a beautiful comment to an article in The Guardian - that if Hillary really used her influence to get donations for the Clinton Foundation, then she is the Robin hood of our time!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Who's in the Pantsuits nation group on FB? It's so positive and uplifting, something I needed!!

do you have to be invited? I just read about it yesterday and I was like how can I get in?!

Here's a nice, uplifting story.  Mt. Hope Cemetery in Rochester, N.Y., where Susan B. Anthony is buried, is expecting large crowds visiting her grave tomorrow.

They will be open later than usual and volunteers will be on hand to direct visitors to the grave and answer questions.

They're putting up a wall where people can write messages and leave their I Voted stickers.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2016/11/07/anthony-grave-site-will-draw-a-crowd-on-election-day/93424370/

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

do you have to be invited? I just read about it yesterday and I was like how can I get in?!

yes, you have to be invited, you probalby know someone in there, there is almost 2 million people!

29 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Here's a nice, uplifting story.  Mt. Hope Cemetery in Rochester, N.Y., where Susan B. Anthony is buried, is expecting large crowds visiting her grave tomorrow.

They will be open later than usual and volunteers will be on hand to direct visitors to the grave and answer questions.

They're putting up a wall where people can write messages and leave their I Voted stickers.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2016/11/07/anthony-grave-site-will-draw-a-crowd-on-election-day/93424370/

I am crying, I'm not gonna lie. I wish I could do this. :')

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

I am crying, I'm not gonna lie. I wish I could do this. :')

I was thinking the same thing. If only it wasn't an 8+ hour drive on a work day...

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

"The American people have just had eight years of a President who didn’t blow up the planet,” Conway said. “Donald Trump is offering something different."

Uh, Kellyanne, I wish you could be more specific about exactly WHAT Trump is offering.  As far as I can tell, he's already going totally scorched earth, so maybe he really is going to blow up the planet????? 

• Upvote 3