IGNORED

All Topics Hillary Clinton MERGED

RoseWilder

22 minutes ago, Ali said:

So I could mark off that square on the bingo card @Cartmann99 gave me.

Are you getting close? I'm pulling for you! :pray:

I'm saving the carton of cigarettes and bottle of whiskey I won on Tuesday night for Halloween. I'm gonna set up a table in the yard and give out free shots and cigs to the parents of the trick or treaters. 

• Upvote 9

Thankfully I live where there is modern medicine that is easily accessible.  Although actually the one in the backwoods of Arkansas where my mother lived could do it also. 

fuckthat.jpg

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Thankfully I live where there is modern medicine that is easily accessible.  Although actually the one in the backwoods of Arkansas where my mother lived could do it also. 

fuckthat.jpg

Wonderful!! I'm glad you both got the care you needed. NOT ALL URGENT CARES GIVE IV FLUIDS! Arkansas also allows people with limited education like Jill Duggar to deliver babies, sooooo....

Edited by Coconut Flan
Remove gobbledygook from quote.
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

I had thought that I originally heard it was pneumonia on Monday. I see that it must have been Sunday. That's how it felt to me at the time. I do understand how fluids and rest help, but that's usually not done at home. I was unaware that there is a such thing as a concierge dr. Never heard of that in my state. My original post is what I thought at the time. Again, why I came here to ask. 

But you talked about pneumonia on your first post on Sunday 9/11/16 at 9:41pm. 

• Upvote 9

28 minutes ago, Mecca said:

But you talked about pneumonia on your first post on Sunday 9/11/16 at 9:41pm. 

Right, I mentioned up thread that I thought I had found out on Monday but I saw that I must have known Sunday. Honest mistake. 

I know urgent cares are limited in scope to what they can do, but I have never heard of one unable to administer IV fluids. There are people that walk into those places daily due to Flu, stomach virus and such that are dehydrated due to those illness. Hell, even my regular GP in Texas gave me IV fluids when I got dehydrated from, believe it or not, pneumonia. 

Edited by Mecca
  • Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Snarkylark said:

Right, I mentioned up thread that I thought I had found out on Monday but I saw that I must have known Sunday. Honest mistake. 

Yes, mistakes can happen for sure, but I think the problem many are having is there seems to be a lot of them coming from you. I guess I just don't understand how you have been so adamant about something yet you did not bother to look at your own words and when you said them. It took me two seconds to see you were not being truthful. This all comes off like you are purposely being difficult and not honest. That crap will get called out in lightening speed here.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Snarkylark said:

NOT ALL URGENT CARES GIVE IV FLUIDS! Arkansas also allows people with limited education like Jill Duggar to deliver babies, sooooo....

I didn't say that they did, but probably the majority do.  You don't need to resort to shouting at me either. 

Yes, but AR doesn't have unlicensed midwives in Urgent Care facilities so nice red herring. 

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Yes, mistakes can happen for sure, but I think the problem many are having is there seems to be a lot of them coming from you. I guess I just don't understand how you have been so adamant about something yet you did not bother to look at your own words and when you said them. It took me two seconds to see you were not being truthful. This all comes off like you are purposely being difficult and not honest. That crap will get called out in lightening speed here.

I'm honestly not trying to be difficult. I don't expect you to believe me. It really was an honest mistake. 

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I didn't say that they did, but probably the majority do.  You don't need to resort to shouting at me either. 

Yes, but AR doesn't have unlicensed midwives in Urgent Care facilities so nice red herring. 

You can mock me but I can't shout at you? Ok then. 

And it isn't a red herring. It's an example of how states and yes, even facilities can be very different. And Jill is technically a licensed midwife in Arkansas. 

• Downvote 7

Of course I can mock stupidity and lies.  We do it all day long here.  And yes, it's a red herring because Jill being a licensed lay midwife has absolutely nothing to do with registered nurses working in an Urgent Care and the services provided there. 

You lost the battle from the get go.  Why you're still trying to defend the indefensible, I have no idea.  It warrants another dead parrot though.

687474703a2f2f666d696c6974616f2e6769746875622e696f2f646561642d706172726f742f64702e706e67.png.196cc5af94e873d92f581e7200085882.png

• Upvote 15

51 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Of course I can mock stupidity and lies.  We do it all day long here.  And yes, it's a red herring because Jill being a licensed lay midwife has absolutely nothing to do with registered nurses working in an Urgent Care and the services provided there. 

You lost the battle from the get go.  Why you're still trying to defend the indefensible, I have no idea.  It warrants another dead parrot though.

687474703a2f2f666d696c6974616f2e6769746875622e696f2f646561642d706172726f742f64702e706e67.png.196cc5af94e873d92f581e7200085882.png

Saying that not all urgent cares provide IV hydration is not stupidity and lies. And yes, Jill being a LM is different in Arkansas than it is in other states. Again, proving that they are all different. She is licensed to deliver babies. RNs without specialized training are not. States differ in their licensing requirements, continuing education, and scope of practice for medical professionals and other professionals as well. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
Remove gobbledygook from quote.
  • Downvote 5

Why is it that every time I check in on this thread I have these lyrics run through my head?

"You spin me right round, baby
Right round like a record, baby
Right round round round
You spin me right round, baby
Right round round round"

All the spin and going in circles is making me dizzy and weak. I hope it is nothing serious. I would hate to not be able to run for public office. 

• Upvote 10

14 minutes ago, Snarkylark said:

Saying that not all urgent cares provide IV hydration is not stupidity and lies. And yes, Jill being a LM is different in Arkansas than it is in other states. Again, proving that they are all different. She is licensed to deliver babies. RNs without specialized training are not. States differ in their licensing requirements, continuing education, and scope of practice for medical professionals and other professionals as well.

Now we're moving on to word twisting.  You've been ducking and covering and saying you didn't say what you did say for days now.  You basically called me a liar for saying I had symptoms with pneumonia that you said weren't associated with pneumonia.  That's the kind of lies and stupidity I'm talking about so yes I will mock that kind of thing.

I never said that all urgent cares provided IV fluids.  You were the one that wanted to make that useless point that some do not.  It's irrelevant.  Most seem to do so.  Jill being a lay midwife in Arkansas is really no different than her being a licensed lay midwife in other states would be.  Half or more the states seem to have a way of licensing lay midwives.  That still has absolutely zero to do with what a nurse in an urgent care does. You are arguing senseless and useless points for the sake of arguing.  Why?

• Upvote 9

25 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Why is it that every time I check in on this thread I have these lyrics run through my head?

"You spin me right round, baby
Right round round round
You spin me right round, baby
Right round round round"

All the spin and going in circles is making me dizzy and weak. I hope it is nothing serious. I would hate to not be able to run for public office. 

I'm imagining the ads your political opponents would run after your zombie status became known.  :pb_lol:

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm imagining the ads your political opponents would run after your zombie status became known.  :pb_lol:

"She is dead inside!! She shows no emotion! She drags her left led around and grunts!" Actually, that sounds exactly like the crap the Right says about Hillary now.

My ad would go something like this. "Don't worry GOP. I can't eat your brains because you don't have any." 

Edited by Mecca
  • Upvote 9

51 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Now we're moving on to word twisting.  You've been ducking and covering and saying you didn't say what you did say for days now.  You basically called me a liar for saying I had symptoms with pneumonia that you said weren't associated with pneumonia.  That's the kind of lies and stupidity I'm talking about so yes I will mock that kind of thing.

I never said that all urgent cares provided IV fluids.  You were the one that wanted to make that useless point that some do not.  It's irrelevant.  Most seem to do so.  Jill being a lay midwife in Arkansas is really no different than her being a licensed lay midwife in other states would be.  Half or more the states seem to have a way of licensing lay midwives.  That still has absolutely zero to do with what a nurse in an urgent care does. You are arguing senseless and useless points for the sake of arguing.  Why?

Talk about twisting words! I never called you a liar. I've been called the liar here. And accused of saying nurses only work in hospitals. What does what nurses do in urgent care have anything to do with the conversation? I'm well aware of what skills nurses perform, thank you. I've explained several times what I meant by comparing what Arkansas does with what other states do. 

• Downvote 7

Laurel: Why are people's heads exploding?
Gustav: Well, not many people know this, but bugs fart.
Laurel: Oh dear god.

Oh let's see you only said that the symptoms I had with pneumonia didn't go with pneumonia.  You did say I must have been in the hospital since I had a nurse.  What nurses do at urgent care has to do with your denying that one can get an IV in urgent care and also saying I must have been in a hospital.

You've never made a clear explanation of what is different with Arkansas licensing lay midwives vs other states.  You simply said it was which it isn't.

You do realize that you have become the cat toy to be batted around and that the quick and easy way out is to quit digging yourself in deeper?  Removing fingers from the keyboard seems to be impossible for you though. 

Gareth: What are we doing here?
Laurel: Getting the bugs out of my head?
Gareth: Sure.

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Condensed version instead of reading through all the old threads. 

I can say I've learned a lot from you guys in all the above threads, whether they went well or not. 

No you didn't, everything was said in those occasions passed by you with no lingering effect. Proof is that you just repeated it all in your post. You just left out the bits about abortion being a murder and that you don't understand how vaccines and herd immunity work (pretty scary from a nurse).

Heck you didn't even learn that attempts to twist conversation (I didn't say that, I didn't mean what I said etc) are hopeless on FJ.

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Talk about twisting words! I never called you a liar. I've been called the liar here. And accused of saying nurses only work in hospitals. What does what nurses do in urgent care have anything to do with the conversation? I'm well aware of what skills nurses perform, thank you. I've explained several times what I meant by comparing what Arkansas does with what other states do. 

Oh, just shut the fuck up already.

--------

For the rest of us - you know, the people who actually give two shits about the election and want to discuss it - here's an article I found concerning Hillary's "deplorables" comment:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/basket-of-deplorables-strategy-democrats-214246

The author suggests that the comment wasn't the major gaffe Trump and supporters thought, but actually a strategic move aimed to appeal at non-white assholes who refuse to worship at the shrine of David Duke.

Any thoughts?

• Upvote 7

Hillary Clinton could say, "hi it's a nice day today" and Trump would be horrified because she said such an evil thing.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hillary Clinton could say, "hi it's a nice day today" and Trump would be horrified because she said such an evil thing.

Well, obviously, she's both insinuating that all the other days are not nice (Why is this one different Hillary?!? What's she got up her diabolical sleeve?) and running down the referenced day by not calling it the best day it is (How dare she! Outrage!).

Edited by Hera
  • Upvote 6

Well, fuck.  I just ran out of down votes.  That's only happened to me once before on FJ, but this time they were all given to one person.  Take a bow, @Snarkylark.  It is beyond time for you to retreat under your bridge.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

For the rest of us - you know, the people who actually give two shits about the election and want to discuss it - here's an article I found concerning Hillary's "deplorables" comment:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/basket-of-deplorables-strategy-democrats-214246

The author suggests that the comment wasn't the major gaffe Trump and supporters thought, but actually a strategic move aimed to appeal at non-white assholes who refuse to worship at the shrine of David Duke.

Any thoughts?

I thought the article made some interesting points.  If true, it is a risky strategy but could work.  

It looks as though Donald is back to his birther crap so that should alienate a few more of his non-white supporters.  God only knows why he has any supporters left at all though.

• Upvote 8

I read the article.  On the one hand, I think it was a good move because - with any luck - instead of being grilled for the eleventy billionth time about her emails during the first debate, Hillary will be asked about her "basket full of deplorables" comment, which will actually give her an inroad into actually discussing something of substance. (Unless the "health issue" becomes the new "email" issue, but then, Hillary has been using her illness to talk about paid family leave and it can lead to a health care/Obamacare conversation, too, AND having to work while sick is something most women are intimately familiar with, so it makes her relatable, so it's not the worst thing, I guess.)

However, Trump is a media genius, if nothing else,  and has managed to get everyone talking about the birther stuff again - that he is blaming on Hillary (Jesus), regardless of the fact that his theory is, you know, factually untrue.  I think he's doing that so that he can keep the focus on something ridiculous and then "admit" Obama was born in the U.S. during the first debate, making it all about that instead of the actual issues.  This birther nonsense is also keeping the media from talking about his business conflicts of interest (the Newsweek report), his fucking bribing the FL AG, his "charitable" foundation, his Russian ties, his nonsensical, destructive and largely impossible "policies" and so on.  I think the Dems need to keep hitting him hard on the racist garbage, but also bring the focus around to those issues.  Re-litigating birtherism isn't going to get Hillary more votes at this point. People who were going to vote for Trump are going to vote for him, regardless of the birther issue because it's been around for ages. However, they might take a second look if they saw some of the conflict of interest and super shady dealing stuff. 

ETA:  My bad.  Instead of using it to distract people at the debates, Trump used his Big Revelation that Obama is an American1!!1! to promote his new hotel.  Lost political opportunity?  Maybe.  Brilliant marketing?  Yep. 

Edited by Hera
Trump's greed, well, trumped Trump's fear of facts.
  • Upvote 12

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Oh, just shut the fuck up already.

--------

Any thoughts?

First, I want to state that I don't give two shits about this election. I'm superior to all of you because I give three shits about this election. :wink-kitty:

Secondly, thanks for posting this article. I enjoyed reading the mini history lesson from the 40s to today on the changes that have occurred in our two main political parties. I was familiar with most of it, but hadn't read that part about the exclusionary practices of President Carter's church back in 1976. When you look at the rise of Donald Trump, you sadly realize that millions of Americans still hold such abhorrent views. :pb_sad:

As for Hillary's 'deplorables' statement, I understand and share her view that a big chunk of Trump supporters are bigots, misogynists, and racists. The others are either willing to go along with the 'deplorables' for other reasons like money, or are so incredibly stupid that they honestly don't understand what is going on.

Hillary's given the people who seem to value money above everything else something to think about. For some people, money is their top concern, and they would line up with the Devil himself if it meant an increase in their net worth. For others, her statement might just cause them to pause a moment, and decide if money is really worth keeping company with the likes of David Duke. 

I saw a picture earlier this week of a Trump supporter holding up a sign that said something about being a proud deplorable. That depressed me. :pb_sad:

I'll stop rambling now, but I did appreciate you posting the article.

• Upvote 7