IGNORED

All Topics Hillary Clinton MERGED

RoseWilder

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/marco-rubio-warns-republicans-dont-talk-about-wikileaks-n668746

Wow, Rubio had a sane moment....wtf.

"

Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida is warning his fellow Republicans not to talk about the Wikileaks dump of emails stolen from Hillary Clinton's campaign chair John Podesta, breaking with the example set by Donald Drumpf.

"I will not discuss any issue that has become public solely on the basis of Wikileaks," said Rubio in a statement to NBC News. "As our intelligence agencies have said, these leaks are an effort by a foreign government to interfere with our electoral process and I will not indulge it."

Though he did not mention the Republican nominee by name, Rubio is clearly departing from his former rival on the issue. Drumpf has repeatedly brought up the Wikileaks' hack, accusing the media of ignoring the stolen emails in an effort to protect Clinton.

"The press has created a rigged system and poisoned the minds of the voters, many of the voters," Drumpf said Tuesday at a Colorado rally. "They've rigged it from the beginning by telling totally false stories, most recently about phony allegations where I've been under attack constantly, instead of covering Wikileaks and all of those things."

Rubio, however, has a different view on how to approach Wikileaks: don't.

"I want to warn my fellow Republicans who may want to capitalize politically on these leaks," he said. "Today it is the Democrats. Tomorrow it could be us."

• Upvote 8

On 7/25/2016 at 4:23 PM, Natalie22 said:

I think they also just seem to forget Hillary supported what I think was a single-payer health care system in the early 90s and was practically crucified for it.  I'm sure she still prefers that system, but understands she won't get there in her term, and maybe not in her lifetime.

Exactly.  The truth is that I, along with about 15 million of my fellow citizens over age 65  and/or disabled, have single-payer health insurance: it's called Medicare. For retirees, it's not free.   When it came time to sign up, I avoided Medicare Advantage options like the plague.  So far, my primary care physician takes traditional Medicare with no problems.   When DH had a knee replacement, the sports medicine practice he uses would not accept Medicare Advantage plans for payment, but were fine with traditional Medicare, so he was good to go! 

I think Hillary will make a fine president.  Sad to see the Obamas go, but Hillary Clinton will be an excellent leader for eight more years. 

• Upvote 8

http://time.com/4537094/ivanka-trump-donald-trump-election-interview/

Ivanka Trump does not like to discuss defeat. Her father is “in it to win it,” she says, and she’s “not interested in talking about alternative outcomes.” But if the election doesn’t go to Trump, who has repeatedly questioned the fairness of the electoral process, Ivanka said in a new interview on Wednesday that her father will “do the right thing.”

Whine, cry fraud and blame the minorities? 

Edited by AmazonGrace
sorry i thought it was the trumpf thread
  • Upvote 7

Guess who is praising Hillary and Bill Clinton in this 2008 clip 

Clinton was "going to go down" in history "at a minimum as a great senator," but he had an inkling "her history [was] far from being over." "I think she is a great wife to a president and I think Bill Clinton was a great president. You know, you look at the country then, the economy was doing great,"

http://theweek.com/speedreads/657413/watch-trump-lavish-praise-clintons-2008

• Upvote 5

I know someone who is an undecided voter. She doesn't have internet access at home, so she's read very little about this election. She said the only things she's heard from the media about Hillary Clinton are negative things. And she wants to know about the positive things Clinton has accomplished. 

I'm searching for articles (I'm going to print them up and take them to her so she can read since she doesn't have Internet access.) Do any of my fellow FJers have favorite pro-Clinton articles you'd like to share? 

Edited by RoseWilder
  • Upvote 2

I would start with the newspaper endorsements, some of them make a pretty good case. 

And people like Colin Powell and George HW Bush saying they'll vote for her.  

Many of her endorsements are a list of reasons why Trump is a horrible choice but if a traditionally Republican newspaper endorse her it speaks pretty powerfully I think.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/31/the-new-yorker-endorses-hillary-clinton

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

I know someone who is an undecided voter. She doesn't have internet access at home, so she's read very little about this election. She said the only things she's heard from the media about Hillary Clinton are negative things. And she wants to know about the positive things Clinton has accomplished. 

I'm searching for articles (I'm going to print them up and take them to her so she can read since she doesn't have Internet access.) Do any of my fellow FJers have favorite pro-Clinton articles you'd like to share? 

I like this editorial. Hopefully it helps.

This is a video from The Washington Post editorial board about Hillary.

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Thank you!

I'm going to see this person today, and I'm getting the feeling she's very close to tipping over into being a Hilary Clinton supporter, she just doesn't have a lot of information. I think all of the links you guys will provided will really help. 

Edited by RoseWilder
  • Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Thank you!

Thank you!

I'm going to see this person today, and I'm getting the feeling she's very close to tipping over into being a Hilary Clinton supporter, she just doesn't have a lot of information. I think all of the links you guys will provided will really help. 

This link was shared on FJ a few months ago. I think it outlines many reasons why Hillary is a better choice than Cheeto.

• Upvote 3

Someone got harassed on Twitter because Wikileaks didn't upset her enough for the Deplorables

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-a-scaletta/yes-deplorables-im-voting_b_12485992.html

But let’s clear up things on two fronts, here. First, I couldn’t find a hoot to give about WikiLeaks. Shockingly, they also show that Podesta is her campaign manager, and he’s managing her campaign.

Yes, the WikiLeaks prove Hillary Clinton is a politician running for office. But there is nothing in there that makes me contemplate putting a racist, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, despot-wannabe, fear-mongering, pedophile, sexual-predating narcissist in the White House. Sorry.

Once again, there are the reasons why Trump is horrible but she also has some good points in favor of Hillary Clinton. 

But I am not just voting against him. I am voting FOR her. I voted for Sanders in the primary, but I still find a lot to like about Clinton.

I think we need an in an increase in minimum wage. So does she.

I think we need to continue growing the economy, and the way to do that is not to make irresponsible tax cuts which correspond with irresponsible spending cuts; so does she.

I have LONG thought the greatest asset of any society is its people, and as such, everyone’s education should go as far as their abilities and ambition will carry them. I don’t think that secondary education should be something that should be available only to some. So does she. She would give free college tuition to anyone from a family making $125,000 per year or less.

I think that the over-incarceration of blacks is a massive problem in this country (and an irresponsible burden on the tax payers). So does she. She would like to turn the “school-to-prison” pipeline into a “school-to-college” pipeline. And for those who want to know how she pays for that, college is cheaper than prison.

I believe that while most police are decent people, trying to do their jobs, unconscious racial profiling is real, and is a big part of why we have so many problems in that area. So does she.

I believe that the next supreme court justice needs to be someone who will protect the rights of ACTUAL people and not corporations. So does she.

While I believe the second amendment protects the right to own guns, I also think that those who commit violent crimes lose that right and responsible government should prevent those people from gaining easy access to them. So does she, and that’s why she is for closing loopholes that allow that to happen.

I think that global warming is an actual threat. So does she.

I believe there should be a path to citizenship for people whose families have become integrated into American society. So does she.

I believe that the Affordable Care Act needs to be improved, but it needs to be tweaked, not repealed. So does she. A bit selfishly, I admit, this 49-year-old man likes the idea of expanding Medicare to 50.

I believe women deserve equal pay for equal work. So does she.

I do not agree with everything that Clinton has done. I don’t agree with everything she says. I don’t think I’ll agree with everything she’ll do.

But perfection has never been my measure of any candidate because no such candidate exists. The only one I always agree with is me, and I wouldn’t want to live in a country where I was president.

In sum, I think that Hillary would be a good president. I think that she has a life of working hard to help people, and I think the totality of her biography proves that. If you look past the debunked scandals, you can see that.

She would be a good president. She has a history of successfully reaching across the aisle, which when you consider the sheer scope of derision she’s born is massively impressive.

When Trump had to answer two consecutive negative questions in a debate, he couldn’t handle it. He is STILL complaining about it. Can you imagine him sitting in front of the senate for 11 hours bearing up against the snide questioning Rand Paul?

Perhaps what this divided nation more than anything is a president who has self-control, and Clinton has that in spades. After all, she’s had to live in a world of condescending Trump-like doofuses her whole life where she knows more, has done more and still has had to explain herself.

Trump can’t even reach across his own party. Is he going to reach across the aisle?

So, no, I’m really not just voting or Trump’s opponent. I’m actually voting for her.
To wit: I’m with her.

• Upvote 8

On 10/19/2016 at 1:21 PM, Howl said:

Exactly.  The truth is that I, along with about 15 million of my fellow citizens over age 65  and/or disabled, have single-payer health insurance: it's called Medicare. For retirees, it's not free.   When it came time to sign up, I avoided Medicare Advantage options like the plague.  So far, my primary care physician takes traditional Medicare with no problems.   When DH had a knee replacement, the sports medicine practice he uses would not accept Medicare Advantage plans for payment, but were fine with traditional Medicare, so he was good to go! 

I think Hillary will make a fine president.  Sad to see the Obamas go, but Hillary Clinton will be an excellent leader for eight more years. 

When I was working on my billing and heathcare coding certificate, one of my classes covered insurance billing procedures including Medicare.  Medicare has gone electronic (no choice for practices) and actually is more efficient, something that I can't get my in-laws, who happen to be on Medicare, to understand when they rail about Obamacare and OMG, don't let it go single payer it will be the end of world, never mind THEY are on it.  

Back to Hillary, I think she will make a fine president.  She has the qualifications and then some.  Sure she's not as progressive in some areas as I would like (I voted for Bernie in the primary) but overall she would take the country in the direction it needs to go.  I will miss the Obamas, but her administration will be a continuation of it in a number of ways. 

• Upvote 4

Back at the DNC convention: 

If I didn't know that she eats babies for breakfast and acid washes her emails I might even like her. 

• Upvote 2

The FBI is reopening the investigation into Clinton's emails: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/28/1587929/-FBI-Director-Comey-announces-review-of-new-emails#view-story

The FBI has found some more emails that “appear to be pertinent” to the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s email server, so FBI Director James Comey has informed various congressional Republicans that the investigation will be reopened to see if the newly discovered emails are in fact pertinent:

"In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation. I am writing to inform you that the investigative team briefed me on this yesterday, and I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation."

That is … not very definitive language, but you wouldn’t know it from the response not just of congressional Republicans but of the media, which is pretty much absorbing the immediate Republican hype. Not surprising when you consider how hard the traditional political media has worked to keep Clinton’s emails in the news even when there was nothing new to say.

Nine investigations. Millions of dollars wasted. And they haven't found anything illegal yet. So the solution: do a tenth investigation that will be a waste of time and money. 

Nice attempt at trying to kill Clinton's momentum, Jame Comey, but I'm more determined than ever to vote for Democrats straight down the ticket because I'm fed up with these sickening attempts from Republicans at making poitical issues about things that Democrats have done while ignoring the very same thing that Republicans have done. I don't see them opening an investigations into the Republican former Secretaries of State who also used private servers. Nope. 

I am fired up and ready to early vote. I'm going Monday. And I'm going to vote for Clinton with even more enthusiasm than I would have before. Kiss my ass James Comey. 

ETA: I'm reading conflicting stuff. Some sites are reporting that Comey is re-opening the investigation. But other sites are saying they're just reviewing the emails to see if there is cause to re-open. The impression I'm getting, upon further reading, is that they haven't re-opened the investigation. They're just reviewing new emails. Either way, fuck you James Comey. 

Edited by RoseWilder
  • Upvote 8

Huffington Post's senior political editor just tweeted that the emails found were not from Hillary Clinton: 

This is all very confusing. And infuriating. Remember, fellow FJers, if you want these political witchhunts to stop, vote Blue all the way. Let's take back the House and the Senate. We cannot allow these Republicans to waste more time and money and pointless investigations that really just amount to giant toddler-level temper tantrums the Republicans are having because they aren't getting their way. 

• Upvote 4

Daily Kos has an update, and it seems there's a lot of bad reporting going on that is trying to make this into a bigger story than it is. The emails were not from Clinton, and they are not from her private server: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/28/1587925/-Despite-the-horrendous-reporting-the-FBI-is-NOT-reopening-the-Clinton-email-investigation

The Republicans are, of course, spinning this to make it look awful for Clinton. I'm really hoping the American people are not dumb enough to fall for this obvious attempt to swing the election in Trump's direction. But who knows. I'm so mad at the media right now for reporting on this in such a confusing and irresponsible way. 

• Upvote 5

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/28/us-election-live-donald-trump-news-hillary-clinton?page=with:block-5813d998e4b08d944ba4bc6e#block-5813d998e4b08d944ba4bc6e

Clinton addresses FBI investigation

“I have now seen Director Comey’s letter,” Clinton tells reporters. “We are 11 days out from perhaps the most important national election of our lifetimes.”

“Voting is already underway,” he adds. “So the American people deserve to get the full and complete facts immediately. The director himself has said he doesn’t know whether the emails referenced in his letter are significant or not.”

“I’m confident whatever they are will not change the conclusion reached in Juliy,” she continues, alluding to the FBI’s conclusion that they found no evidence of intentional wrongdoing in Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state.

“Therefore it’s imperative that the bureau explain this issue in question without delay.”

---

NYT reports the emails have been found in Anthony Weiner's computer.

• Upvote 2

No, the FBI is not 're-opening' the investigation

The letter announces that new evidence has been discovered and that the FBI will review those materials to determine whether they are "significant."

Although Comey recommended in July that Clinton not be charged with any crime for her handling of classified materials, the investigation was technically never closed: There are still outstanding issues related to the Freedom of Information Act and disposition of the evidence.

So instead of announcing that he is reopening a case, Comey sent the letter to lawmakers "out of an abundance of caution," a senior law enforcement official told NBC News.

The FBI director had previously testified before Congress that the FBI had completed the investigation component of the case into Clinton's private email server, so Friday's letter was an attempt to update that statement.

The FBI has been examining text messages that Weiner sent to a minor in North Carolina. While examining Weiner's laptop, investigators discovered Abedin also used the laptop, which contained some emails between Abedin and Clinton, NBC News reported.

A senior law enforcement official told NBC News that there's no indication that Clinton, her campaign or the State Department were withholding information.

How did the Clinton campaign respond?

In a Friday evening news conference, Clinton said she was "confident" that the FBI would not recommend charges, and she called on the bureau to provide more information about the emails it is probing.

"You know, we've heard these rumors. We don't know what to believe and I'm sure there will be even more rumors that's why it's incumbent upon the FBI to tell us what they're talking about because, right now, your guess is as good as mine and I don't think that's good enough," Clinton said.

John Podesta, chair of the Clinton campaign, had made a similar argument in an earlier Friday statement.

"We are confident this will not produce any conclusions different from the one the FBI reached in July," Podesta said. In July, the FBI decided to not recommend charges against Clinton for her handling of classified information.

And Trump?

GOP nominee Donald Trump seized on the news, saying that "this is bigger than Watergate." He contended that Clinton threatens United States security and cannot be trusted in the White House.

"I have great respect for the fact that the FBI and Department of Justice are now willing to have the courage to right the horrible mistake that they made," Trump said at a rally in New Hampshire. "This was a grave miscarriage of justice that the American people fully understood and is about to be corrected."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/28/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-fbi-probe-of-new-emails-in-clinton-case.html

So, Hillary sent and received emails to and from her aide. Shocking.

Trump knows nada about the contents of the emails and declares her guilty.

That proves he's totally unsuitable to be a president.

• Upvote 3

I'm really impressed with the way Hillary Clinton is responding to this. 

I'm also pleased to see a few people calling out Comey. 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/28/1588109/-CNN-legal-analyst-Paul-Callan-Time-for-FBI-chief-Comey-to-resign

The worm is turning, and fast.  After Hillary’s forceful presser in which she asks Comey to release all details about these emails, all of it, and Feinstein coming out calling Comey’s letter appalling, we are seeing coverage much more aimed at Comey’s conduct and, in a larger context, GOP desperation.

CNN’s most-used legal expert and analyst is now openly calling for Comey to resign as FBI chief.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/28/1588005/-Former-spokesman-for-the-DOJ-slams-James-Comey-s-inappropriate-abuse-of-power

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/28/1587968/-NBC-Pete-Williams-they-are-not-e-mails-from-Clinton-I-say-w-out-clarification-Comey-must-resign

• Upvote 6

Newsweek just put up a story from a source who has knowledge of the investigation, who spoke on condition of anonymity: 

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-emails-fbi-comey-donald-trump-anthony-weiner-huma-abedin-514918

There is no indication the emails in question were withheld by Clinton during the investigation, the law enforcement official told Newsweek, nor does the discovery suggest she did anything illegal. Also, none of the emails were to or from Clinton, the official said. 

• Upvote 5