IGNORED

Jazz Hands, Sparkle Crotch: Erika Schupe Pt. 9

FundieFarmer

Me too! Of all the various people discussed here she is one of the most likeable, especially as she has seemed to loosen up a lot on a lot of issues. Her house was always clean and neat and her children well cared for (possibly excepting what I personally would consider proper medical care for injuries). 

I hope life is changing in a good way for all the Shupes. Erika looks great in her picture in the About Erika section. Genuine smile and a nice fitting top. Go Erika!

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, closetcagebaby said:

They're still mentioning scheduling school in the calendar post but I think it's just a repost. Honestly, good for them for rethinking things. 

Yes, that post is about 5 yrs old. At one point she mentions the twins are 9m old. I think it's had a few more recent updates, so it makes it confusing to come up with a timeline. 

OMG NEW ERIKA STUFF? *hyperventilates*

She probably uploaded some old stuff so that the new blog didn't look too bare. 

There's also a new group but it's closed. (Anyone fancy joining? :D )

I also noticed she hasn't mentioned anything about homeschooling. Someone asked about whether she's still homeschooling or not but Erika hasn't replied yet. Wonder if she'll ever mention it.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

OMG NEW ERIKA STUFF? *hyperventilates*

She probably uploaded some old stuff so that the new blog didn't look too bare. 

There's also a new group but it's closed. (Anyone fancy joining? :D )

I also noticed she hasn't mentioned anything about homeschooling. Someone asked about whether she's still homeschooling or not but Erika hasn't replied yet. Wonder if she'll ever mention it.

I'm thinking really hard about joining, but I don't know if I'd fit the bill, being all Catholic and into Harry Potter and stuff. I can see her rejecting me for a number reasons.

At least she's still available to speak about homeschooling, except that she's not.  But my favorite is when she has presentations on how to be "a lovely wife." 

When I searched for the new site, google warned that the site might be hacked. That would be hilarious.

The Jeubs sent their kids to school a year or two ago so maybe the Shupes feel like it's okay to do as well. The girls are already in pants. It's now a slippery slope to a classroom of peers, reading fiction, and not having mommy monitor your daily water bottle... :kitty-wink:

I noticed she is still doing that stupid *grin*, *smile* and *chuckle* crap. Man, I hate that! I wonder if she would still do it if she knew that nonsense originated with prisoners. So far, everything I have seen  is just a regurgitation of her last blog.  I could probably use some of her decluttering tips, but her writing annoys me.  

Boy, I'm crabby. I need more coffee. 

23 minutes ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

I noticed she is still doing that stupid *grin*, *smile* and *chuckle* crap. Man, I hate that! I wonder if she would still do it if she knew that nonsense originated with prisoners. So far, everything I have seen  is just a regurgitation of her last blog.  I could probably use some of her decluttering tips, but her writing annoys me.  

Boy, I'm crabby. I need more coffee. 

I had no idea about this, care to elaborate?

8 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I had no idea about this, care to elaborate?

Gosh, years ago, like in the late 80's or early 90's, I read a book written by a DA. In it, he mentioned reading the correspondence between prisoners and from prisoners to marks and they used *smile* or a smiley face to show their sincerity or good intentions. He mentioned, if I am remembering correctly, that this was something he only witnessed in prisoner correspondence, excons or their families.  If he received mail with it included it was a red flag.

The book was about a murder case he prosecuted. The prisoner later escaped with another prisoner.  They left behind all their correspondence and it was seized and read. Sorry, that is all I can remember.  

Very interesting that they're rebranding... the announcement on their old website doesn't give any reason why.
Makes you wonder what's behind the switch at a kind of random point when she hasn't been as active with writing new blog posts recently.

Do we think she's angling for a book deal? She seems to be trying to cast a wider net of appeal, which hardly makes sense -especially for her- unless there's something else she wants more than to proselytize. Or, I could be completely off base...:pb_lol:

2 hours ago, lauraloralara said:

Family Living on Purpose sure makes for an unfortunate acronym.

Haha. I'm so excited to see where Erika takes her exciting new venture, FLOP.

2 hours ago, alexandracabot said:

Haha. I'm so excited to see where Erika takes her exciting new venture, FLOP.

How about advice printed on toilet paper?  That would get some use, provided the ink doesn't smear.

On 1/2/2017 at 0:09 PM, sta_sha said:

I'm embarrassed at how happy this makes me. Erika was the first fundy I explored after the Duggars led me to FJ. She's not as out there with her crazy as some (looking at you J Rod!), but I still can't look away!

Haha me too! She was my first non Duggar fundie. Her eldest is close in age to me (I'm 19, turning 20) so I've always rooted for her. Glad to see changes happening:) 

So a couple of questions:  how did CPS become involved with the  Shupes?  How is it that it didn't happen sooner?  Did she put her kids in school??

13 hours ago, laurenzimm said:

So a couple of questions:  how did CPS become involved with the  Shupes?  How is it that it didn't happen sooner?  Did she put her kids in school??

Erika's been very close-lipped about it all. The CPS thing came from a facebook comment (if I'm remembering correctly) and she made it sound like the kids were going to school, then scrubbed it after people were asking questions.

just reading bob's fb page. Interesting to read his opinion

I was just talking with our daughters this morning about the upcoming election and global politics etc. I could see in her face that she was getting the point of hopelessness that comes from putting your faith in Earthly things. Systems built and operated by broken people are broken systems and you cannot put your hope in that. Only by taking the Biblical world view of both time and space is there hope beyond what we see and hear every day. Be it stealth tech, presidential politics or cultural liberalization; our hope comes from apprehending the Biblical perspective and in the work that Christ did not that we or other people do. Further, the battlefield is not in the university, the voting booth or even the church. The battlefield is in the home. Mom, dad and children being raised in a Biblically based environment which will ultimately yield a society of people who respect each other, are good friends, employees/employers, husbands/wives, elected officials and on and on. Not perfect, not utopia but social order rooted on something solid and timeless and true. In the end making hiding from each other’s radar far less important.

- i think that the recent changes aren't hopeful but just them setting things up so they can post without having any negative or challenging comments

So has anyone joined FLOP to see if they have said what they do for schooling? 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

So has anyone joined FLOP to see if they have said what they do for schooling? 

Well, a friend of mine has told me that there has been no mention of schooling yet. This friend also reports that the Facebook page is mainly just everybody expressing "thanks for the add."  Most of the website content, at this point, appears to be old posts brought over from LFOP.

Respectful of each other MY ASS. All the fundies we've heard of act as though they're above everyone else. They don't even associate with anyone not like them. 

On 1/7/2017 at 0:11 PM, princessmahina said:

Erika's been very close-lipped about it all. The CPS thing came from a facebook comment (if I'm remembering correctly) and she made it sound like the kids were going to school, then scrubbed it after people were asking questions.

There was also an issue CPS took up with Erika due to  photos she posted showing bunk beds in the children's bedrooms directly blocking windows, effectively blocking their only other exit out if there was a fire and the bedroom doors had become unopenable.

7 hours ago, Zola said:

There was also an issue CPS took up with Erika due to  photos she posted showing bunk beds in the children's bedrooms directly blocking windows, effectively blocking their only other exit out if there was a fire and the bedroom doors had become unopenable.

Pretty sure that was speculation, one person on the fb page mentioned cps, and later she posted about the rearranged bedroom. FJ decided they were connected.

• December locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived