IGNORED

Jazz Hands, Sparkle Crotch: Erika Schupe Pt. 9

FundieFarmer

I personally think Bob grew a pair and put his foot down. I find it quite interesting that the women who talk the most about "submission" are really the least submissive. It seems that Erika, for all her posturing about being a submissive wife, was ruling the roost. I think Lori controls Ken more than either one of them will admit. I think ZooZoo rules things more than she'll let on. Same with J'chelle and other wives. 

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

That schedule is insane why is "mother Kathy" attending to digital scrapbooking  and bible study while the kids are going to school full time AND doing all the housework?  .:dontgetit: 

Because she can. 

*rolleyes*

12 hours ago, Koala said:

I don't know if anyone remembers, but Erika had started having little get-aways to stay with her parents.  To me, that was the first indication that something was off.

The other thing- in the video, it almost seemed like she'd been crying.  

I had just recently seen a post about her mom get away. It really seemed out of character for her; especially since I used to do that fairly often when my kids were little. I'm just an evil non submissive wife, though, so you can't expect much from me. I don't remember if I ever spent the night but I would show up in the morning and lie on my mom's couch, watching cable TV all day and napping. We couldn't afford cable at the time and it really was a simple relaxing day away from the kids. 

I will also point out that Bob, according to my friend, is active on the new Facebook page. Just putting that out there to point out maybe this whole thing is not about divorce; unless, of course they simply decided to co-post peacefully for the sake of the brand.  Heh. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, Gobsmacked said:

She is perhaps preparing to work outside as an organiser in other people's houses. An actual job helping as an personal organiser for folk who have hoarding tendencies?

Erika would be very good at that. She would earn a decent salary and have  some flexibility over her working hours.

Good grief, can you imagine the posts she would make about some of the jobs?  I would hope she'd have some sort of professional confidentiality, but I doubt that.

She is definitely doing something during the day, something other than "digital scrapbooking" or those other inane SAHM tasks listed in "Kathy's" fake schedule. It's clear she's doing something because

1. she doesn't have time to work out? come on. As a SAHM, you can shift things around and make time

2. she'd love to help out at the public school, but hopes to do so "in the future"? The old Erika would have been all over that school, volunteering, organizing the supply closets, etc.

3. she admitted that she was unable to get all her work done so as to be completely available to the kids when they got home. Even though she really wanted to be. 

Finally, I wonder about Melanie. At 17, she would be a senior in high school. Did Erika enroll her in public school for just her senior year? After never being in school before? What an adjustment! I wonder if it's a relief or a shock for her (or both). If Erika can't even homeschool Melanie (senior year homeschooling for fundie girls is usually something like "Go read this book after you finish the laundry"), then something is really up. Or maybe they sped up her graduation and she is working like Karen.

I don't think she and Bob are divorcing, because when she talks about the "changes" last fall, she uses lots of *smiles* and *chuckles*. If a family member was ill, would she be smiling and chuckling? Besides, it would be an easy matter to say, "My mom is sick and needs my care, so we had to put the kids in public school till she is better." A comment that is sure to gain approval. No, I think she is working, and that's why she's hiding it, because it's embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

It's possible that a relative of Erikas is ill so she is having to help out ?

This is what I've been wondering.  That disrupts even normal households in a big way, but a micromanaged small household overflowing with children?  Utter chaos.  

I don't get the impression that she and Bob are having any more problems than usual, yet she complains about time constraints preventing her from achieving all she'd like to.

One thing I would take into consideration with the new format is that LFOP explicitly stated that the site was there for Christian encouragement, and not for monetary gain.  This could be a way to step back from that rigidity and bring in some extra income without betraying that earlier comment.  

I feel like we have  a logic puzzle in front of us: Erika's kids are in public school, but she doesn't have time to work out.  She'd like to volunteer, but doesn't have time for that yet.  The changes in her life occurred over the past 18 months, but it was only in the fall that the kids started school.    She and Bob appear to be together, but she's also never admitted so much as a disagreement, and then her advice was just to pray on it (regarding the skirts-only conviction).  She has posted graphic details in the past, but now claims to have discretion about what she posts online.  What is going on??

Did another man from church tell Bob what his wife saw online about Bob's family?  Did Bob finally locate his balls and declare that the family had to do something besides green smoothies and timed silly moments on the porch?  Did Bob's parents tell him his wife was revealing too much online?  Were there customer complaints?  Did a child/several children pose too much of a schooling challenge with special needs and/or energy and/or something else?  Was Erika finally forced to recognize the education neglect she was inflicting on the children?  Was it a combination of factors?  

It seems clear that whatever is going on doesn't make Erika happy enough to state it publicly on the blog, but the recent pix show a MUCH happier family than we've previously seen.  Positive changes, but they stem from something out of Erika's control.  I'm so curious, but it seems her readers are, too.  We'll have to find out one of these days.  

The volunteering thing may also be delayed due to regulations. I don't know what it is in the PN, but here in PA, all volunteers have to go through fingerprinting and background checks on both the state and federal level before they are allowed to work with kids. 

Whatever it is that happened, Erkia isn't happy and doesn't want to say. I think that if she was helping a sick relative, she would be more inclined to say it. I'm guessing she went back to work. 

I am of the opinion that Bob grew a pair and told Erika to get up off her overly-regimented butt and do something productive to help the family. Riding the ISB here...but I'm thinking that maybe Erika was telling Karen that she had to "donate" her paycheck to the family and Bob found his balls and told Erika that SHE needed to do something about the family budget. 

I'd LOVE to see Karen and Melanie go off to college...that would REALLY mess w/Erika's little world. 

3 hours ago, clarinetpower said:

The volunteering thing may also be delayed due to regulations. I don't know what it is in the PN, but here in PA, all volunteers have to go through fingerprinting and background checks on both the state and federal level before they are allowed to work with kids. 

If that were the case, she'd say, "I'm all signed up to volunteer, and I think my fingerprints should clear soon!. <smile>"

SMH--the speculation of how Erika can be on the verge of being a SAHM who volunteers. Her kids entered school in the fall. She would have sent in her info to have a background check at that time and would have an answer back in a couple of weeks.  She has a job.  Period. It's not being Bob's receptionist. She's not caring for a sick family member. She has to do something she doesn't want to do, put her kids in public school and work outside the home, or at home at a job which monitors her production.  With her organization and time management she could spend a couple of hours a day doing Bob's business affairs if she had to and continue to homeschool. 

Currently, Erika is not taking new speaking requests. Please check back soon!

The hell?  If Erika's not available to tell us how to do life and stuff, who is?? *look of horror*

How will moms know that 1 jelly bean is sufficient pay for 3 hours babysitting 8 of your siblings?

Who will give tell moms how many seconds to let your children play on the deck (can't have them getting muddy) before dragging them back inside and putting them in their designated baby gates?  And speaking of baby gates, now that Erika is unavailable, who's going to explain to moms how baby gates are useful for toddlers and teenagers alike?  I mean, it's not like you can just let them roam the house!  *scathing sarcasm*

Oh well, I guess we can always "check back soon".  In the meantime, I guess you can help yourself to a heaping bowl of hypocrisy.  For details, see pretty much anything Erika has ever written, and then compare it to her life now.

With regards to the Melanie thing, past schedules indicated she was usually in the same grade as Karen. So I'm assuming she may have also graduated unless she was behind in something. Erika probably had them in the same grade for convenience. It'd be a bit weird for Melanie to just go to public school for senior year- if she is still doing school she may be doing it at home just because it's easier.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

The hell?  If Erika's not available to tell us how to do life and stuff, who is?? *look of horror*

How will moms know that 1 jelly bean is sufficient pay for 3 hours babysitting 8 of your siblings?

Who will give tell moms how many seconds to let your children play on the deck (can't have them getting muddy) before dragging them back inside and putting them in their designated baby gates?  And speaking of baby gates, now that Erika is unavailable, who's going to explain to moms how baby gates are useful for toddlers and teenagers alike?  I mean, it's not like you can just let them roam the house!  *scathing sarcasm*

Oh well, I guess we can always "check back soon".  In the meantime, I guess you can help yourself to a heaping bowl of hypocrisy.  For details, see pretty much anything Erika has ever written, and then compare it to her life now.

You know what would be fun? A live cooking demonstration by Erika. I'd like to see if she pauses between adding ingredients and stirring to *beam* *chuckle* or *smirk*

I'd also like to watch her take a sip of the repulsive "coco" recipe and gauge her reaction. 

7 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

You know what would be fun? A live cooking demonstration by Erika. I'd like to see if she pauses between adding ingredients and stirring to *beam* *chuckle* or *smirk*

I'd also like to watch her take a sip of the repulsive "coco" recipe and gauge her reaction. 

Oh Jesus, Erika and FB live... "Watch as I tidy my living room! *beam* See how I do my Bible time in the morning! *smile* This is how I schedule my day now I'm a public school mom! *laugh*"

Showdown between Jill R. and Erika to see who's more obnoxious on Facebook live. Plexus vs. Trim Healthy Mama and scheduling. 

I'd tune in for that.:popcorn2:

HAHA - one of the readers comments included "anyway why don't you get a job"

I’m not trying to tell other adults what they should do. =) I’m simply sharing information and ideas for anyone would would like it. Take it or leave it, it’s completely up to others. Like my video said the whole point of this post and blog is to provide encouragement.

Erika's reply to the comment about apologizing. She's not apologizing for shit! 

43 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Is that so?

Erika Shupe:

May I speak openly to you and offer you a warning? It may seem right now for a time that you have no real difficulties in life because it seems that you and your husband have plenty of money. But with both of you working, and leaving your children to be raised by someone else for the majority of every day of every week...your children are the ones who will likely pay the price, and therefore you as well in several years. Your children do not have "you" teaching them, training them up with good character and discipline. They have the influence of 25 or so other peers (fools as scripture calls them) their own age, who have no more knowledge, no wisdom, no good direction or self control or anything. Rather than learning from all ages of people and older people than themselves who can give them knowledge and wisdom and character for their life, they are given over to the "real authority" (government education and awful peer influence) you've shown them and whom they should listen to.

You ask why homeschoolers and single income families would choose this difficult lifestyle? Well first of all because it's God's direction, and that is for the sake of the children. Stay at home, homeschooling moms are doing the harder job for the sake of the children. To train them and educate them, develop them, shelter them from danger and evil influences until they are strong enough to take it on for themselves, and to be the loving presence they need. It's self-sacrifice for the sake of others. It's a lot easier to go to a job every day and get paid and have plenty of money. But that's not why God created us and put us here on earth.

The children will most likely suffer later. And I believe you know this already, but people's eternal life is also at stake when they don't love the Lord and obey His Word. There will be a judgement some day, and an eternal destiny for every person - whether you believe it or not. Will you be prepared? Will your children?

I say these things to you strait forwardly, KL, out of love. Because I would not be a good friend if I did not at some point warn you of what is coming your way, no matter how comfortable life feels right now. *hugs*

I quote these things "strait" <--*rolls eyes* forwardly.  I wouldn't be an observant reader if I didn't point out the contradictions.  *hugs*

Seriously, if the reader replies, nothing would be more perfect that Erika's own words.

I've been away from FJ for a little while. I've had lots going on and on Christmas day I had my second miscarriage. It's been a very tough new years. I just want to say that I am living for these Erika comments and just reading what you funny, witty, intelligent people offer to strangers everyday on the internet. A little break to comment and laugh and collectively shake our heads together. It keeps me sane sometimes. So thank you!

48 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Of course not! She has God on her side.  Nothing she does is wrong, it is all His plan. *gag*

2 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I've been away from FJ for a little while. I've had lots going on and on Christmas day I had my second miscarriage. It's been a very tough new years. I just want to say that I am living for these Erika comments and just reading what you funny, witty, intelligent people offer to strangers everyday on the internet. A little break to comment and laugh and collectively shake our heads together. It keeps me sane sometimes. So thank you!

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Big, soft, noncreepy hugs.

It looks like she has deleted her reply, but not the comment asking her to apologize. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Take it or leave it! So what if I told you that your eternal salvation (and your children's) rests on homeschooling. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything!

Erika, when you return to homeschooling, will you also go back to telling people they'll burn in hell for going to public school? But now that belief is on hold till you pay off some debt?

18 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I am of the opinion that Bob grew a pair and told Erika to get up off her overly-regimented butt and do something productive to help the family. Riding the ISB here...but I'm thinking that maybe Erika was telling Karen that she had to "donate" her paycheck to the family and Bob found his balls and told Erika that SHE needed to do something about the family budget. 

I'd LOVE to see Karen and Melanie go off to college...that would REALLY mess w/Erika's little world. 

This is an interesting thought. 

For years, Erika has scrimped to pay for even the smallest extra. She mentioned having to save simply to buy the organizational supplies she needed, like clear plastic bins. So I wonder what it's like to have an adolescent who is bringing home $500/week or so? And then saving it so that it grows to, say, $4000. . . just sitting there in the family safe. . . and Karen has no bills to pay or anything. . . and Erika would love to re-organize the garage. . . 

Erika was pretty good at helping herself to the girls birthday and Xmas money. I remember she said the girls "chose" to spend their birthday money (from relatives) on expensive modest swimwear each year. And Erika's parents give her a bunch of money each Xmas, and Erika picks out the kids presents from Grandma. So there's already a path broken there.

Bob seems very close to his older daughters. I would hope he'd stop this sort of thing, if it occurred.

• December locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived