IGNORED

Jazz Hands, Sparkle Crotch: Erika Schupe Pt. 9

FundieFarmer

More Lilla Rose pimping.

I don't know if she'll stop posting on the LFoP page, but if she does she may lose a lot of leghumpers. If she HAS put the kids in school, then a big chapter in her life will be over. She's been homeschooling since Karen was little. It was her big thing besides house organisation. She may post the occasional album/photo but nowhere near as much as she has done.

The blog appears to still be up- she may choose to leave it there for people to see. She still has 13k likes on the Facebook page.

Hmm. I'll give it till the new year. If she still hasn't posted much by then, we may have a clearer idea. I may have to resort to going through the archives to get my fix. It's weird, really. Erika was my gateway fundie. She always will be, but I'll have to become more expert on another FJ staple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh. Erika's mentioned the new version of the Maxwell book "Managers of their Homes" on the FB page (from 6th December). Plus "Just Around the Corner" which is a collection of the Maxwell Corners. Maybe they aren't in school. Or maybe they are and it helped Erika through the homeschooling years and she is just recommending the book to her followers. We haven't heard anything about or seen any photos of the kids for a long time.

On 11/15/2016 at 3:13 PM, gibbsgirls said:

Aren't there any FJites that live near Casa Shupe?  I thought there were.  Anyway, I would park down the street from her house in the morning and see if any of the Shupettes get on a school bus. I'm totally a stalker.

I live close to her sister IIRC. Let's see if I can put my semi law school honed research skills to use combined with any social media networking I may have in our area (I only mention this using the law school thing not as a not so subtle brag attempt but because despite it being 5 years now since a SCI injury first left me paralyzed and lack of accessibility won out over my best attempts and forced me to take a Medical Leave of Absence, I still have full access to LexusNexus and all related research resources.)

Erika has (in the past) put WAY too much information online.  Her children did not get a voice or a vote in that.  At this time, for whatever reason, she is not doing that (thank heavens). Granted, her reasons are probably selfish.  She is most likely on a steady diet of humble pie, as she eats the words from the countless sanctimonious posts she's made over the years.   It would seem that her life has become everything she's ever criticized. 

**Going to highlight this, because it's the take home message**

In any case, you people talking about trying to find out if her kids are in school?  That is fucking creepy.  Like, there's something really wrong with you creepy.  Whether her kids are in school or not is none of your damn business.  Thankfully, for once, Erika is affording them some privacy.  They deserve that.  

Trying to get information on Erika's children is beyond disturbing, and if you're doing it, you need help.  

***This post is referring to the posters who are babbling on about school bus stops and LexusNexus.  Get a grip on yourselves.  You can't even fathom how crazy you sound.***

The more I think about it, the more I hope a mod or @Curious herself steps in and says something.  This is nuts.

6 hours ago, zee_four said:

I live close to her sister IIRC. Let's see if I can put my semi law school honed research skills to use combined with any social media networking I may have in our area (I only mention this using the law school thing not as a not so subtle brag attempt but because despite it being 5 years now since a SCI injury first left me paralyzed and lack of accessibility won out over my best attempts and forced me to take a Medical Leave of Absence, I still have full access to LexusNexus and all related research resources.)

If you choose to be a creepy creeper and stalk someone by trying to dig up information that they have not made public, well, there's nothing we can do about that. You can NOT post the results of your stalking here. Do NOT make mention of FJ while engaging in said behavior. We do not condone it, you do NOT represent us. Basically, what Koala said.

On 12/18/2016 at 10:10 AM, DaisyD said:

If you choose to be a creepy creeper and stalk someone by trying to dig up information that they have not made public, well, there's nothing we can do about that. You can NOT post the results of your stalking here. Do NOT make mention of FJ while engaging in said behavior. We do not condone it, you do NOT represent us. Basically, what Koala said.

Sorry I didn't mean it that way just with public information. Lexus Nexus isnt some weird stalker thing.

But solely from google I found her husband went to a large public school close to where I went in Littleton a public high school. They met in college and live in Douglas County a very conservative but still very mainstream place that used to be very rural ranches but now is all cookie cutter suburbs, including where their family leaves. They're FB friends with a  lot of people at big modern churches and Douglas co schools.

The blog she ran is never updated so it seems like lil sis has always been a more mainstream Christian mom, wrote her blog when Erika was at the peak of her public fundieness but as that changed her sister didn't try to repesent her family like that anymore either.

I agree it's creepy to stalk Erika's family in any way. However, IIRC, LexusNexus is just a computerized legal research tool, containing case law that can be found in the volumes of any law library. 

Somebody asked on her Facebook page if she is taking a break from blogging. She said no - they are working on the blog but they are in  new season of life and there have been some changes and a change in emphasis on the writing. She promised to have an announcement soon. I cannot wait!

3 minutes ago, FunFunFundie said:

Somebody asked on her Facebook page if she is taking a break from blogging. She said no - they are working on the blog but they are in  new season of life and there have been some changes and a change in emphasis on the writing. She promised to have an announcement soon. I cannot wait!

I'm glad you checked and caught that comment. I've almost stopped checking her page entirely- I might do it once every few weeks when I randomly think about it. I'm eager for the announcement, too, but I won't hold my breath. I think it'll be a while before she announces anything.

Hmm. The new season of life could be school- not saying it for definite obviously- or Bob having a new job or them moving house or something. I hope it's not a courtship for Karen (unless she's dating) as although I do see Erika letting her daughters court/marry unlike the Maxwells, she's only 18. A courtship at this sort of age is too young. 

If there's any kind of belief change (e.g. the pants wearing, putting her kids in school etc) I'll be interested to know why. Skirts wearing and homeschooling were big things for her, with lots of detailed posts on the whys and whatnot. Pants wearing is not such a huge thing with them, they actually did wear pants until about 2007ish- yeah she was very insistent on the reasons but it was with the zeal of a fresh convert. Putting the kids in school would be a big thing- Erika has homeschooled since Karen and Melanie were little. IF they are in school- and it's still an if at this stage- I doubt it'd be private school, as they have seven school-aged kids and that would cost a ton, and they don't have a ton of money. 

Speaking of fucking creepy, from the Little Shupe of Horrors facebook page:

hands.jpg

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Speaking of fucking creepy, from the Little Shupe of Horrors facebook page:

hands.jpg

And now I'm afraid to go to the beach ever again!

I'll be very interested in what her announcement is whenever it materializes.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, MakeitSew said:

Erika has updated! They are moving to a new blog. No mention of homeschooling. Hmmm...

I just started a thread on it-- perhaps unnecessary, but I thought "new blog, new thread." 

Mods, move it if it's unnecessary please :)

She's finally learned how to spell cocoa! :pb_surprised:

I hope she never learns how to spell 'stirophome,' though, that would break my heart. 

5 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Appears to be the same things re-hashed?

Ya seems like the same stuff without homeschooling. 

The title just sounds so...impossibly stupid to me. Family Living on Purpose? As opposed to the rest of us, who drift aimlessly through life and wake up with some sort of family-thing one morning?

Still, if it means new content, I'll be thrilled. I'm particularly looking forward to the economical and tasty recipes she's promised to provide. Freezing pans of sugar free syrup and calling it fudge? Stuffing a medium size zucchini and calling it an "enormous amount of veggies" for 11 people? And hopefully more diet stuff. I haven't heard enough yet about THM.

11 hours ago, Loveday said:

She's finally learned how to spell cocoa! :pb_surprised:

I hope she never learns how to spell 'stirophome,' though, that would break my heart. 

It took me WAY longer than it should have for me to figure out "stirophome." :pb_lol:

I'm embarrassed at how happy this makes me. Erika was the first fundy I explored after the Duggars led me to FJ. She's not as out there with her crazy as some (looking at you J Rod!), but I still can't look away!

5 minutes ago, smittykins said:

It took me WAY longer than it should have for me to figure out "stirophome." :pb_lol:

Sorry about that. I didn't want to spell it correctly in case I jinxed it. :pb_lol:

They're still mentioning scheduling school in the calendar post but I think it's just a repost. Honestly, good for them for rethinking things. 

• December locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived