IGNORED

Jazz Hands, Sparkle Crotch: Erika Schupe Pt. 9

FundieFarmer

I see that Erika has posted two things relating to Lilla Rose on the LFoP page within the past day. I think that Erika is going to effectively stop posting on the LFoP page (with the exception of Lilla Rose stuff). She hasn't hardly posted since she deleted and reuploaded the notes from Karen.

I also did some mild sleuthing and compared the date that she posted the donut shop pictures with Mt. Vernon School District's academic calendar. She posted the donut pictures on the 29th, and public school started the 30th of August. Hmmmm...:think:

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O please Erika, post about how things have changed and how the kids are enjoying school, we really want to know. I am sure you also had some time to think about some new organizing techniques now that you don't have to home school. Share with us, we all love you! 

In hope she reads things here and wants to throw us a bone. I love Erika, she can't stop now. 

Scary thought: Maybe the kids even got to celebrate Halloween this year?

1 hour ago, elliha said:

O please Erika, post about how things have changed and how the kids are enjoying school, we really want to know. I am sure you also had some time to think about some new organizing techniques now that you don't have to home school. Share with us, we all love you! 

In hope she reads things here and wants to throw us a bone. I love Erika, she can't stop now. 

Scary thought: Maybe the kids even got to celebrate Halloween this year?

I'm not too sure about that. I don't think Erika's religious beliefs have changed all that much. Erika's birthday falls on Halloween so they usually celebrate that.

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I'm not too sure about that. I don't think Erika's religious beliefs have changed all that much. Erika's birthday falls on Halloween so they usually celebrate that.

I don't think they got to either but they have made significant change so maybe Halloween just happened and they hardly noticed. If so I still expect it to be only godly costumes, nothing occult and perhaps not regular trick or treating but carving pumpkins and a church party. Erika could then hand out single jelly beans with a beam smile to any kids who dared to ring their door bell to trick or treat.

6 hours ago, elliha said:

I don't think they got to either but they have made significant change so maybe Halloween just happened and they hardly noticed. If so I still expect it to be only godly costumes, nothing occult and perhaps not regular trick or treating but carving pumpkins and a church party. Erika could then hand out single jelly beans with a beam smile to any kids who dared to ring their door bell to trick or treat.

Along with a tract, perhaps. 

She's posted something that says "Have you filled your child's cup?" which I suppose is code for "have you made your child feel good today". 

Ooh! We get a book recommendation, guys! Well, it was recommended to Erika by Ann Voskamp aka aholyexperience woman. Erika seems to love her. It's something about 66 ways God loves us, as represented in all 66 books in the Bible.

She has Twitter..but it connects to her Facebook.

Will one of you wonderful people post a link for the discussion about CPS coming out? I have looked for it for the last two days to no avail.

Thank you.

I have been obsessed with the election here in the US (now just depressed) so I have been catching up on the Land of Shupe.

Couple things:

• I don't think that weird post means the kids are in school. Erika cannot write. She is always screwing up something. She deleted the post because she screwed up her syntax, someone commented and she deleted instead of editing because she deleted nstead of editing.
  • I think there is something going on with the cash flow as Casa de Shupe. But then again, there is always something going on with cash flow. This makes sense with all her rummage sales and LilaRose postings. Maybe she is doing something home-based or part time, hence the dearth of posts.
  • The blog scrubbing is not because of some sea change, but was the result of the CPS visit. She got rid of anything that proves what dimwitted nutjob is truly is. CPS just does not come on whim. Something had to have happened to get them there, no matter what Erika, Zsuifer and other terrible fundie parents claim.
  • Pants are just not as big a deal as so many people on here claim (see Alyssa Superficial Twit Bates Webster). Erika has always been much more relaxed than Kelly Bates or Teri Anderson or Zsucifer on the dress code. It could be something as simple as Erika deciding the family did not need skirts on the camping trip or the facility or even the church asking for safer clothing.
  • If schools started on 8/30, then doughnut day would no be 8/29. Not at Erika's house.

I dont think the blog scrubbing is because of the cps visit. Cps isnt going to take her kids because she has weird beliefs, and i'm sure she would have made a fuss if that were the case. It really does appear like its because there are changes and she doesnt want people to call her out on it so she tried to delete the evidence. 

9 hours ago, Chevreuil said:

I dont think the blog scrubbing is because of the cps visit. Cps isnt going to take her kids because she has weird beliefs, and i'm sure she would have made a fuss if that were the case. It really does appear like its because there are changes and she doesnt want people to call her out on it so she tried to delete the evidence. 

9 hours ago, Chevreuil said:

Erika has never cared about people calling her out. She has always responded right back in her righteousness. And yes, there was a lot in those posts that would send warning signals- poor schooling, poor diet, children rearing children. Social media and blogs are admissible in court and otherwise. Plus, even if they not are under some sort of investigation, CPS can put fear into people and she may just acted in caution. If the kids are in school I would bet the poor schooling they were getting under Erika finally caught up with them and they have no choice.

Bob has shown zero signs he disapprove of anything in their lives. I don't know where that is coming from. 

if you don't think Erika would not take the opportunity to share god's new plan for her family with the world, then you don't know Erika. 

7 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Erika has never cared about people calling her out. She has always responded right back in her righteousness. And yes, there was a lot in those posts that would send warning signals- poor schooling, poor diet, children rearing children. Social media and blogs are admissible in court and otherwise. Plus, even if they not are under some sort of investigation, CPS can put fear into people and she may just acted in caution. If the kids are in school I would bet the poor schooling they were getting under Erika finally caught up with them and they have no choice.

Bob has shown zero signs he disapprove of anything in their lives. I don't know where that is coming from. 

if you don't think Erika would not take the opportunity to share god's new plan for her family with the world, then you don't know Erika. 

I disagree.

She has never shied away from scrubbing things off of her blog - deleting comments.

I think that she has been forced to put the kids in school and is upset about it.  I don't think she thinks it's God's plan.  I don't think SHE has had any change of heart.  Maybe Bob has and she is forced to go along with it, maybe there are financial troubles and she has always been adamant that no amount of financial troubles could possibly make you not be a stay-at-home parent.  

She pointed out specifically that Karen doesn't see the kids because she leaves for work before the kids get home from school.  Even if she's a terrible writer, the situation of Karen leaving notes for the kids makes no sense if the kids are all at home all day and Karen is at home all day before work.

I can't be sure, but I think her "about me" stuff on her blog used to mention homeschooling, and now it definitely does not.

I agree with you @FunFunFundie. The changes and suspect posts are far too large in number for it to be just some vast coincidence. 

And on the note of Bob- while we don't know that he downright disagrees with Erika (or has had a change of heart himself), I would argue that his actions show that he has very different attitudes about things than Erika. Remember the Halloween posts from a while back (either a year or two ago- can't remember now)? He was posting all kinds of morbid jokes about Halloween on FB while at the exact same time, Erika was pontificating about how Christians cannot acknowledge or partake in Halloween in any way. Erika was the one who jumped on the skirts-only boat, and in her old post about that she mentioned how Bob was initially hesitant because of the cost of changing the girls' wardrobe. We also know that they've had a lot of arguments, though we don't know exactly what they were about. I think Erika has almost always been the more fundie-inclined one in the marriage. Bob is definitely very conservative though. 

oh Erika you have left me speechless. if it is true, there is nothing that would bring me more joy then those kids in school. throw in pants and a regular sounding job for Karen.... I am happily gobsmacked..

If Erika had simply worded her post wrong, she would have clarified to say that yes, she was still homeschooling. But she didn't. She deleted her words and pretended she never said them. Very telling.

On 10/14/2016 at 1:19 PM, pancakes said:

I wonder if it's a combination of factors rather than just one reason. Although I have one less child than she does and mine are, on average, younger I don't think it would be worthwhile for me to have an out of the house job. What happens when those otherwise sheltered kids are sick with every bug they encounter for the first six months? With my kids we've had months where one child or another was home sick or had a doctors appointment nearly every school day. Couple that with the need for after school care for the little kids and the sheer volume of housework with a family that size and I really doubt she has a job although she very well could be using this time as a way to try and make more off her blog or delve into some other money making venture at home.

I think finances could be playing a part in it but not in a she needs a job sort of a way. We homeschooled for years and it's expensive to do it well. What worked for one child might not work for the others so curriculum has to be replaced. There's ways to do it for next to nothing but those options are too time consuming for someone needing to plan lessons for a half dozen or more different grade levels. Outside activities, lessons, etc get expensive and the kids are old enough to know they're missing out if they don't get to do those things. Even with just three kids homeschooling we were easily spending $6-7k per year on materials, supplies, field trips, classes, sports, and lessons. That sort of money might be more than they can budget for.

Yeah but Erica's made it very clear that one sizes fits all in her family, she's very rigid. She's also against activities because they take their children's focus away from their family (and the kids might make friends or something) 

I'm not up on my Erica goings on -- would someone give me the short version of the CPS visit to Casa Shupe?  Thanks

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm not up on my Erica goings on -- would someone give me the short version of the CPS visit to Casa Shupe?  Thanks

Yes, for me too! I'm really dying with curiosity and haven't been able to find more details on it!

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not much is known. A random commenter posted that she was sorry about cps knocking on her door.

I thought speculation was that CPS came a while ago, back when she changed the orientation of kids' bedrooms so that their bunkbeds were no longer blocking the windows, which was a fire hazard.

24 minutes ago, alexandracabot said:

I thought speculation was that CPS came a while ago, back when she changed the orientation of kids' bedrooms so that their bunkbeds were no longer blocking the windows, which was a fire hazard.

Yep. We don't officially know a whole lot about it, but there have been some changes since then. I don't know if the education thing was a part of it (probably not because it's been awhile), but the children's rooms changed pretty drastically. They look a lot safer now.

Aren't there any FJites that live near Casa Shupe?  I thought there were.  Anyway, I would park down the street from her house in the morning and see if any of the Shupettes get on a school bus. I'm totally a stalker.

22 hours ago, gibbsgirls said:

Aren't there any FJites that live near Casa Shupe?  I thought there were.  Anyway, I would park down the street from her house in the morning and see if any of the Shupettes get on a school bus. I'm totally a stalker.

Meh. I wouldn't encourage anyone to do that. It seems a little creepy to stalk the Shupelets. It's not their fault their mom is weird.

49 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Meh. I wouldn't encourage anyone to do that. It seems a little creepy to stalk the Shupelets. It's not their fault their mom is weird.

This. 'Stalking' adults is one thing, although I wouldn't do that either. But kids? Nope. 

23 hours ago, gibbsgirls said:

http://www.freejinger.org/resources/free-jinger-rules/

I mod boxed the applicable section

We have no desire to control our member's off-site interactions and/or behavior.  We do get to control the types of things that are talked about here, however.   Please do not post accounts of trolling a fundie's blog, driving by houses, going through their trash, etc.     You are certainly free to do all those things, but giving an audience to that kind of thing is not the place FJ wants to be.  Please be careful that you do not interact in such a way as to give the impression you are a representative of Free Jinger.

As has been discussed we're in the process of rolling out the updated rules with clarify things and put them in more user friendly format.  This is almost finished.  The above is the current wording of this rule and it's not ambiguous.

FJ is not stalker friendly.  At all.

Thank you.

On 11/15/2016 at 4:13 PM, gibbsgirls said:

You absolutely are, and it's creepy as all get out.  Do you even hear yourself?  You want to park down the street from a stranger's house so you can see if they put their kids on the bus?  I can't even....

Just no.  Get a grip.

• December locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived