IGNORED

Seventeen - Not the Magazine - Bateseseses Threads!

SpoonfulOSugar

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

@sndral There was a preview for the break up episode posted on the batesfam.blog on May 18th.  They were at least broken up by Memorial Day Weekend. A fan who went to that birthday bash said that she didn't see Ashley and Nathan interact at all.  It doesn't mean they didn't but it sounds like it may have been an awkward situation.

Well darn, I was so sure I'd caught them in a big fat fudging of the truth.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

This. 

I don't think they fudged the timelines much. The party happened also around the time the episode of their courtship being announced was aired. If anything Kelly made sure Ashley was there to add surprise to the show that they broke up.

This party is also where it was leaked the Bobby and Tori were a couple.

Kelly saying

"It was not the norm for me to let someone else take charge." -woman who had her oldest child pottery train her children.

#throwingshade

On a completely different note. @VelociRapture, I hope your Velocibaby is doing well and your pregnancy is smooth. I have to say I got out of work late and checked to see if you did a recap. Your recaps are missed greatly! 

P.s. I don't know or under and how my phone correctly suggested Velocibaby, either these site bots are amazing or I spend way too much time here. Thinking it's the latter. 

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

Velocibaby is actually what I've been calling the baby on here. Offline, they are Baby Bean (because husband is a Beancounter and it's adorable. Lol!)

And thanks! I really intended on doing recaps, but the pregnancy symptoms were really rough at first and my husband would have teased me mercilessly if he caught me watching. 

6 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Kelly saying

"It was not the norm for me to let someone else take charge." -woman who had her oldest child pottery train her children.

#throwingshade

I have to say - I love this autocorrect.  LOL

first day of school at Clown! Is Josie a new addition to "college" life? Clown's lame but I'm all for more girls getting out of the house and being allowed an "education" beyond SOTDRT

Was Josie the one doing a part HS and part college program?  I have forgotten already.

I guess with M. gone, none of the others know how to sew a hem?????

The bottom of that maxi skirt is going to be worn and filthy in no time.

Omg is anyone else watching this latest episode snooze fest? Oh man I've never seen this show in real time and I don't think I can drink fast enough to make this interesting.

I do find it interesting that the winner of the 20th bates contest was also a homeschooled kid. Can't select any green haired folks now can they?

Ive got my girlfriend over and she's looking at me like I'm crazy for forcing her to watch. I've been telling her about Gil covering up the Gothard abuse and her reaction was, "wait. Wait. Wait. What the fuck? That's disgusting. Why does this family get a tv show? They can't hide behind this fake southern charm image."

I'm like, ahhh you and formergothardite would get along great. 

35 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Since pcc bans flip flops, maybe she's hiding them, ha-ha.

I would pay serious money to have FormerGothardite set loose in that family for any amount of time. As another ex-goth-fundie I'd film it live; Tweet it live; and eat lots of popcorn.

5 hours ago, Casserole said:

first day of school at Clown! Is Josie a new addition to "college" life? Clown's lame but I'm all for more girls getting out of the house and being allowed an "education" beyond SOTDRT

I just have to say, Gil & Kelly make some beautiful children... So much easier to pull in new cult members with those beautiful children out  in the world.

I wonder if they buy their shoes in bulk? Looks like 2 of them are wearing the same ones.

Okay, I laughed out loud for the preview of next weeks episode because when I was learning to drive I did the same thing that Katie did (putting your foot on the gas instead of breaks). The pure horror on their faces is hilarious.

My mother can't drive because she has a neurology disorder. My poor father had to teach all four of us to drive, I don't know how he survived. I remember he was teaching me how to park into the garage and I took of his side view mirror. I immediately stopped and was about to cry and he calmly said to himself, "she is the last one."  And told me it was fine. Lol, teaching someone how to drive can be terrifying but hilarious.

Also I don't think the 20th bates was homeschooled, that's was the other girl. I don't think she was too religious because she said "oh my god". Growing up for me that's the equivalent of cursing. I still say "oh my word," out of habit for being reprimanded for years. 

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And how is she not going to be continually tripping over that skirt? 

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I don't know Carlin's height but as a below average person I will say that almost every long dress or skirt (Hell even most of my pants) pool at my feet like that and as long as you are smart about it, they can still last a decent amount of time. 

At least going to Clown is better than staying home. I know it's not too much, but they can make friends and maybe get a degree. I know those degrees are not very useful, but Erin is teaching, Michael was transfered to a real college, and it's more than Duggar girls have.

7 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Also I don't think the 20th bates was homeschooled, that's was the other girl. I don't think she was too religious because she said "oh my god". Growing up for me that's the equivalent of cursing. I still say "oh my word," out of habit for being reprimanded for years. 

Last night I actually noticed that carlin said "oh my god" instead of "oh my word " or "oh my goodness". I was shocked myself. And I rewound it to make sure I heard correctly. I grew up Pentecostal and we did NOT take the lords name in vain like that (unless we wanted a swift smack to the back of the head). 

The oh my god comment is in the very beginning of the episode. Carlin and Tori are doing a couch interview and Carlin says, 

"We were blown away by how many people entered and wanted to come and meet our family. We were just like 'Oh my god, you know? Why?' That's so sweet." 

But yes, you're correct, I was wrong about the homeschooling part. 

1 hour ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

Last night I actually noticed that carlin said "oh my god" instead of "oh my word " or "oh my goodness". I was shocked myself. And I rewound it to make sure I heard correctly. I grew up Pentecostal and we did NOT take the lords name in vain like that (unless we wanted a swift smack to the back of the head). 

The oh my god comment is in the very beginning of the episode. Carlin and Tori are doing a couch interview and Carlin says, 

"We were blown away by how many people entered and wanted to come and meet our family. We were just like 'Oh my god, you know? Why?' That's so sweet." 

But yes, you're correct, I was wrong about the homeschooling part. 

What!!! I have to rewind. And yes it was taken as a curse word growing up. I wonder how they view it in gothard land. Just the bible itself says not to use the lords name in vain. Maybe carlin has been cutting up watching pooh bear at Zach and whitneys.

Carlin will be Alyssa Junior. But if she's clever, she can do even better. If it is true that she's studying some subjects in an acredited college (online, I suppose) she can get a degree and maybe a job. And yes, she will marry young and have some kids close in age and stay fundie modern as Alyssa, but being soooo outgoing she can eventually have a part-time job . Who knows. She's very young and Kelly&Gil are becoming less controlling because age and TV.

off topic, but I like that we've coined "fundie modern" as a descriptor, since I doubt any of their beliefs have gone "light." I'm a fan. 

First time poster here....sweet Callie!  She jumped on the 20th Bates. Poor thing hasn't had that much attention since Michael's last visit. 

On the Bates family fan blog they write about Josie Duggar discipline one of the little Bates boy (i think its Jeb) instead of Josie Bates. I can't stop questioning my solo why they don't read wath they write before put on pubblic... :my_biggrin::my_biggrin::my_biggrin:

I was on one of the Bateses' Instagram accounts and one commenter said she was disappointed in Carlin for taking the Lord's name in vain. So I guess being a part of a homophobic, woman-hating cult is A-OK but saying "Oh my God" is totes disgusting.

And what do you want to bet she got punished for saying it?

I just want to know where she picked it up.

Something like that doesn't just slip out one day. She probably says it often and if so, who is she talking with that is okay with her saying that? Her other fundie buddies? Seems weird to me. Even my mom, who wasn't that religious, didn't like us saying "Oh my God" and I've gotten punished for that more than I have for saying shit or dammit.

I had some good alternatives for a while: Oh mylanta, oh my goodness, oh my land, and goodness gracious.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived