IGNORED

Another Fundie Family-Tim and Franicia White

love2scrap

Haven't we discussed them before?  I remember hearing about the one named Heistheway.  Unless there are more than one out there? :56247953c05d2_32(6):

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Julifornia said:

I hadn't realized he was involved in the shooting at the NOSC in Chattanooga.  As the spouse of a naval officer, I was wondering what an LCDR was doing in Chattanooga.  I figured he was in the reserves or something.

Oh, and look who was quoted in this article!  http://www.stripes.com/news/us/navy-officer-confirms-he-shot-at-chattanooga-gunman-with-personal-weapon-1.360690

A very familiar name.  How do all these people know each other?

A Michael Seewald is quoted in that article...

I was surprised when I Googled the family to find out Tim was more or less a hero. I'm still salty she gave up her career to have fundie babies. Never heard of a man, despite the religion, that gave up a military career to raise his children.

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Haven't we discussed them before?  I remember hearing about the one named Heistheway.  Unless there are more than one out there? :56247953c05d2_32(6):

Yes, they have been discussed in depth before. There is (thankfully) only one Heistheway.

They are pals with the Duggars, the Bates, and all the usual Gothard crowd.  Their public Instagram is here: https://www.instagram.com/timandfranicia/

Is Heistheway a girl? I've heard that name talked about before and I always pictured a boy with that name. According to the picture and ages on the website, Heistheway must be a girl. Still an very unusual name, but even more so if that's what they named one of their daughters. 

Yep, girl. That must be so confusing. I'm not sure how it is pronounced. When I first saw it, I guessed hess-uh-way. But it's gotta be he-is-the-way otherwise by name her that if you don't follow the pronunciation?

Found out on another thread it's pronounced hi's the way. 

I'd call her 'Way, myself.

And I've known of one servicemember who quit active duty in order for his wife to continue her active duty career.  But to leave the Academy after a year?  That usually sets a bunch of bridges on fire (you often need Congressional recommendations just to get a spot).  I wonder if she did anything else education-wise after the Academy or not.  Given her age, and the age of the oldest child, she could have gotten a degree before having a baby.

I haven't looked at their website & forgive me if it was already said but does she say what changed her religious views?  She was smart enough to get into the navel acedemy I wonder what changed. 

Yes, this family is not new around here. Search engines are your friends!

14 hours ago, Kate11 said:

Is Heistheway a girl? I've heard that name talked about before and I always pictured a boy with that name. According to the picture and ages on the website, Heistheway must be a girl. Still an very unusual name, but even more so if that's what they named one of their daughters. 

I think it would be worse for a boy...

At least if the child is a She the name won't be interpreted as referring to her as some kind of  napoleonic parental narcissism outburst like the ones who name their kid King Emperor Allpowerful or Jermajesty.

I thought I'd seen the Heistheway as a boy's name before, but I can't remember the name of the family @ the moment. Regardless if it's a boy or girl, though, it is a ridiculous name. No disrespect meant, truly, but you might as well name your kid Washmyfloorwithyourtoothbrush or Dontwhizontheelectricfence.

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I haven't looked at their website & forgive me if it was already said but does she say what changed her religious views?  She was smart enough to get into the navel acedemy I wonder what changed. 

Not to be mean to Franicia, but she washed out of the Naval Academy after freshman year. It happens; I know multiple folks who didn't make it through one or other of the academies. She was halfway around the world from her home, too. It is still difficult to be female at the military academies. And she was probably being reminded ever single day that she was the first cadet from the Northern Marianas Islands--no pressure, there. :pb_rollseyes:  So when she when she left, she "let down" not just her family--but her entire community. 

Announcing to the world that she dropped out because Jesus told her to be a homemaker may be one way that she copes with the disappointment.

Wait.  There is an actual, real life child named Heistheway?  This whole time, every time I've seen it referenced, I thought it was a JOKE.  Oh sweet Jesus.  I can't with these people.

9 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yes, this family is not new around here. Search engines are your friends!

Yes, these folks have shown up at various Duggar and Bates events. Franicia is determined to make herself (and her family) fundie royalty--books, blogs, videos. Unfortunately, the Whites are even less interesting than the aforementioned families.

I like how the father felt the need to explain that Heistheway means "he is the way." Really I never would have guessed. :roll:

I want to meet him so I can say : "who is the way?" "HE is the way." "Yeah, ok, but who is he?" "Jesus." "Jesus? Jesus what?" "Jesus CHRIST." "Oh. Don't know him. Why'd you name your kid after him?"

There's another poor Heistheway out there. Long ago, there was a thread about a family in Alaska with a daughter saddled with this monstrosity.

11 hours ago, klynn said:

Wait.  There is an actual, real life child named Heistheway?  This whole time, every time I've seen it referenced, I thought it was a JOKE.  Oh sweet Jesus.  I can't with these people.

At first I thought people were referring to an online username.

Wow.

Heistheway omg how unfortunate. I wonder if she'll grow up, become an atheist, and change her name to "lolnope."

I still don't understand how it's pronounced. Hi-stha-way doesn't help much.

I personally think that Heistheway sounds more prettier than spurgeon (spurgeon as a name is not my cup of tea at all) 

Oh my god, I just got it. "He is the way." I'm so dumb, I had thought "Heistheway" was some sort of weird Biblical name I'd never heard of. That's horrific. 

Archived