IGNORED

Michelle-farm Hijabi revisited

longskirtlotsakids

Ya know, just when I get to truly, truly, liking this girl. she spounts off with something so offensive and fudged up i start to hate her again.

So... 9/11 is not the fault of muslim extremists...no. It is all because Roe vs. Wade was made legal in 1973.

Never mind that we had the Cuban missile crisis and WWII long before Roe became law of the land. Never mind that abortion existed far, far before Roe. No, the towers fell because we women have a legal choice after we get pregnant.

www.farm-hijabi dot blogspot.com

Seriously, what a dip stick. These stupid agenda pushers make my stomach hurt. I worked with someone who claimed 9/11 was caused by the ebil gayz.

Guest Anonymous

She's always been like this, the 5 or 6 years I have seen her around blogland. She just tends to delete the more extreme posts or move to another blog when her readers get p*ssed off by her.

I was amused over on the other thread over the last few days when people were describing her as having reached a happy stage in life. It's usually only a matter of time with her.

It's odd, because she can often post intelligent, humorous posts for a good long stretch, before she starts again with the bizarre nonsense. But she can go from 0-Stupid in 0.01 seconds.

My guess is that she has underlying mental illness issues that are compounded by isolation and a hotchpotch of people/ideologies that she has latched onto throughout her life.

I hope her kids will be OK. She seems to be a fun, caring mother, but if she were to go off the deep end IRL, they are so isolated the kids could end up in a scary predicament.

I hope her kids will be OK. She seems to be a fun, caring mother, but if she were to go off the deep end IRL, they are so isolated the kids could end up in a scary predicament.

Michelle seems like she is either a lot of fun, or a lot of not-fun, depending on where she is in her cycle of moods. I expect it would be difficult for most people to maintain a close relationship with her.

Her 9/11 post is very weird in a way that I feel is rather telling. When Michelle lived in the US, she was always an outsider, and this was reflected in her writing at the time. But in this unhinged, nonsensical rant, she writes,

As long as we allow abortion to continue in our Nation, no amount of peace talks, peace walks, or peace rallies will ever be enough to stop the madness, this great storm of evil that threatens to consume us from every direction. We will watch in amazed wonder as America is ripped to shreds from without because of the evil that takes place within ~ a holocaust that is taking place right here, right now, in every hospital and abortion clinic that legally operates in the United States of America.

In order to bring the attacks to an end we must begin to rebuild our nation from within. We must embrace the sanctity of life from womb to grave. This is the only way that we can close the gates on the evil that is destroying America.

All of this "us" and "we" and "right here...in the United States of America," from someone who is living in and writing from Orkney. It seems like Michelle is trying on an identity that doesn't entirely belong to her, and in the process, stating ideas that are inchoate and quite ill-formed as if they were incontrovertible facts. It's like her own patented brand of crazy.

Michelle seems like she is either a lot of fun, or a lot of not-fun, depending on where she is in her cycle of moods. I expect it would be difficult for most people to maintain a close relationship with her.

Her 9/11 post is very weird in a way that I feel is rather telling. When Michelle lived in the US, she was always an outsider, and this was reflected in her writing at the time. But in this unhinged, nonsensical rant, she writes,

All of this "us" and "we" and "right here...in the United States of America," from someone who is living in and writing from Orkney. It seems like Michelle is trying on an identity that doesn't entirely belong to her, and in the process, stating ideas that are inchoate and quite ill-formed as if they were incontrovertible facts. It's like her own patented brand of crazy.

What you said about trying on identities is spot on. As I've said before, my mom is exactly like Michelle. Sadly that means that I feel compassionate (and exasperated) towards her, despite her crazy. My mom acts so similar, the writing is similar. And not that it matters, but I didn't realize her husband was so much older. He turned 50 this year.

Wonder how long the post will stay up. I commented and I asked her how she could wear a hijab when she's so violently against Muslims as evidenced by her photo on this post. I applaud the anonymous commenter as well. I think Michelle needs to head to a national health service doctor and get her very large head examined.

She seems to have quite some health problems, maybe slightly confused identities and frequent breakdowns are a real medical issue, who knows.

If read about a few plain catholics in my time, but she is really somewhat different. I'd like her for wearing historical costumes out in public if it wasn't for the very intense spine-tingling fruitcake alarm she is setting off in my brain. Sorry, don't know her, can't claim any facts apart from her blog, but she CREEPS ME OUT.

I can well imagine her freaking out, taking an axe and going all "she" on people (I read way too much Stephen King).

Sory, this is really mean and snarky.. but... but... can't help myself.

Wonder how long the post will stay up. I commented and I asked her how she could wear a hijab when she's so violently against Muslims as evidenced by her photo on this post. I applaud the anonymous commenter as well. I think Michelle needs to head to a national health service doctor and get her very large head examined.

Michelle has said she identifies strongly with Muslim women and culture, thanks to her experiences living abroad. It is very odd that she would choose such a hateful and inflammatory representation of a culture she claims to respect.

So let me get this straight... God killed thousands of people in a particularly horrific way because he is angry about abortion... So he killed pregnant women (listening to the names read this morning more than one included "unborn child). That make SO much sense. Why hadnt I thought of this before!?!

FACE PALM!

Well it won't be up long, if most of the comments are anything to go by.

Except for that one that calls it a "pure spiritual view, how all things are connected" and then the commenter is surprised that the other commenters haven't heard of it. Perhaps that's because it doesn't make any sense?

Michelle has said she identifies strongly with Muslim women and culture, thanks to her experiences living abroad. It is very odd that she would choose such a hateful and inflammatory representation of a culture she claims to respect.

She was a helicopter mechanic during the 1st Gulf War and probably was in Kuwait or Saudi. Such sterling examples of women's rights there. She was probably wearing fatigues and boots that whole time. I take a lot of what Michele says with a huge grain of salt.

Guest Anonymous

I'm inclined to think that her outbursts are symptomatic of mental illness. What I find strange is that she has a habit of running several blogs at once, with completely different content. So, over on farm-hijabi, she is blazing about the (apparent-to-her)links between 9-11 and Roe vs Wade. At Deviant Art she is happily blogging about her new online class and her plans to lose her 'baby-weight' (IRL, she has been morbidly obese for years and has actually been a little slimmer since having the kids).

The way I read it, she's saying God's wrath is ineffective. 9/11 got the world's attention, but only Michelle knew the true meaning? Why kill pregnant women, children, and lots of random people (that never had abortions), destroy buildings and start two wars when you're really trying to make a statement about abortion?

Either Michelle's completely wrong, or God's too incompetent to get the point across. I doubt that was the purpose of the blog, but that's what I got out of it.

I especially like the commenter who tied good old Oliver North in. Saying all terrorism is related to abortion. Yeah Ollie, that invasion of Nicaragua was one was an aborted attempt wasn't it?

Argh. :cry:

I'm inclined to think that her outbursts are symptomatic of mental illness. What I find strange is that she has a habit of running several blogs at once, with completely different content. So, over on farm-hijabi, she is blazing about the (apparent-to-her)links between 9-11 and Roe vs Wade. At Deviant Art she is happily blogging about her new online class and her plans to lose her 'baby-weight' (IRL, she has been morbidly obese for years and has actually been a little slimmer since having the kids).

I have done that as well. One blog was fashion, one was photography and one was homeschooling and there was little connection and completely different readers. I have since morphed one to cover two and dropped the photography.

I have that thing in common with Michelle like immersing myself completely in something, get sick of it, and on to the next thing.

Guest Anonymous

I have done that as well. One blog was fashion, one was photography and one was homeschooling and there was little connection and completely different readers. I have since morphed one to cover two and dropped the photography.

I have that thing in common with Michelle like immersing myself completely in something, get sick of it, and on to the next thing.

I wasn't commenting so much on the diversity of interests but observing that, when you look across the blogs she can appear, at the same moment, to be fine and getting on with life on one of them, while having an 'episode'/mood swing/freakout on another. Although the overt content of each blog might be different, eg art, farming, whatever, she has tended to talk about personal issues on all of them.

Archived