IGNORED

Lori Alexander - Still Not Learning A Thing, Part 5

The more I think about her asking who we are to question the great Debi Pearl, the more frustrated I become.  I hate to break it to Lori, but it's actually very Biblical to question those proclaiming TRUTH.

Lori says:

Who are we to disagree with Debi

The Bible says in 1 John 4:1:

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

The term "false prophet" is applicable for both Lori and Debi as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori:

Yes, Carmine, I was just accused yesterday by a woman who "tried" headship/submission and it didn't work for her so they went back to "mutual submission." I gave Scripture to prove that women are to be in submission to their husband's leadership and one woman told me I lacked humility and grace! I am called all sorts of things for simply teaching God's Word. They aren't attacking me, they are attacking the Lord and it is Him who they are going to have to answer to one day.

There it is again.  That subtle message that if you disagree with Lori you are directly attacking the Lord.  The implication is that Lori is above question- how could you possibly think she lacks grace unless you just hate God?  She ties herself directly to him so that no one can disagree with her.

Lori is basically calling herself God. That is the very definition of lacking humilty and grace. Humility and grace would be realizing that you are not always right and listen to what others are saying and why they disagree with you. Lori is incapable of doing that. 

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Lori is basically calling herself God. 

That's exactly what I was trying to say, and couldn't put into words.  

It's just mind boggling how self righteous she is.  And Ken is no better with his Horse of TRUTH, and "Jesus was wrong".

Lori is the God of Fits and Whine. Or Hits and Whine.

I haven't decided which one is more appropriate yet since both suit her quite well. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori:

There it is again.  That subtle message that if you disagree with Lori you are directly attacking the Lord.  The implication is that Lori is above question- how could you possibly think she lacks grace unless you just hate God?  She ties herself directly to him so that no one can disagree with her.

That message isn't subtle at all! Criticizing Lori is criticizing the Lord. Lori absolutely cannot be wrong, mistaken, misinformed, unknowing, uninformed, or simply have a differing opinion. She. Is. Right. Period. She really believes that she had a direct pipeline to God in all things. She seems kind of blasphemous to me as she puts herself and her opinions right up there on an equal footing with God.

Yes, Carmine, I was just accused yesterday by a woman who "tried" headship/submission and it didn't work for her so they went back to "mutual submission." I gave Scripture to prove that women are to be in submission to their husband's leadership and one woman told me I lacked humility and grace! I am called all sorts of things for simply teaching God's Word. They aren't attacking me, they are attacking the Lord and it is Him who they are going to have to answer to one day.

What, little old me lacking humility? I am just SIMPLY trying to serve the Lord. They always put on the "poor me" act. Its so juvenile. You can picture twirling hair and batting eyes as she says this. I am just trying to serve the lord and everyone is so mean to me (sniff sniff). 

This woman who tried submission is that in a comment or someone she is referring to in real life? What if the husband has no leadership for her to submit to. That is probably why it failed. A lot of men don't want to step up and be leaders, but its the woman's fault for not magically turning him into a leader without a word and give herself something she can submit to. 

On a funny note--turns out I have an eshakti dress! Got it at goodwill for $5. Was shocked to see it in my closet. LOL. Gee, how thrifty of me, but it probably doesn't count. 

Yeah, whatever Lori.  So you've been submissive for a few years off and on.  My husband and I are not "mutual submissives"  we are egalitarian, which neither of us views as either being submissive.  Ken always wants a workplace scenario, so it is as if we are both direct reports to the CEO and have our own departments (our own lives) with a ton of joint projects (our marriage).  Who takes the lead on any given thing is based on skills, time and interest. 

But, Lori says women should learn what pleased their husbands and should reverence them. Based on her dislike of Ken before she married him and her self described treatment of him even on her honeymoon, she still doesn't have reverence for Ken, or she'd not recount how badly she dislike(d) him or treat(ed) him.  

I have always thought I won the best prize in the world with I married my husband and make a point to know what he likes make sure he can have it--even if it is stuff I don't like for myself.  Why?  Because we have always reverenced one another more than she has ever reverenced Ken.  A woman who truly held her husband in reverence would never write about his failings (or her perception of his failing) and all the things she did to treat him badly, even years after the fact.  

Reverence is a feeling of deep respect or awe — like what you have for a president, a hero, or a favorite football player. Reverence can be a feeling of awe, and it can also describe how you treat someone, particularly when used with the word with.

You tell me... has Lori ever seemed to treat or refer to Ken as if he were her hero?  

10 minutes ago, salex said:

has Lori ever seemed to treat or refer to Ken as if he were her hero?  

every time she lets him write a reply or 3 on one of her posts. Her hero rescues her from being trampled underfoot by the horseless riders, or maybe it should be riderless horses of truth that want to trample her

Lori will find a way to make the Bible justify anything, no matter how cruel or hurtful. Then, when she's challenged she falls back on that old saw, "Well, I was just following orders…"

I wonder how your god must feel about taking the fall for you, Lori. 

She just deleted a service members wife.  The lady was totally kind and respectful, but said that her husband had preferred that she work so she would have something to fall back on if anything ever happened to him.  She was a school teacher until the cost of daycare was getting too close to eating up anything she brought home. 

She said that her children have chores, her husband helps around the house, and that they hold Bible study in their home.  She also said that when she worked she was able to keep a tidy home and do everything else that she needed to do, but that some of it had to be done in the evenings.  

Lori promptly deleted her comment so that it would appear that everyone agrees with her.

And then there's this:

Reader

The biggest objection I hear is that they can't afford for the wife to stay home.

Lori replies:

I have a difficult time believing that what God commands, we can't obey for some reason. He tells us that none of His commands are burdensome. Most women just don't have the "want to."

The "want" to what?  Destroy their birth control and trick their husband into getting them pregnant so they can stay home and leave the cleaning and the baby holding to a nanny? (Of course Lori handled the discipline.   Lori took care of the leather strap, and the nanny loved and cared for the crying babies "for hours a day")

No Lori, most women don't have the money.  That's what most women don't have.

6 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori replies: "...Most women just don't have the 'want to.'"

I have the "want to" stay home (I would settle to go down to part-time). The mortgage company, grocery bill, clothing bill and such say I have to work. Lori, what you don't' seem to understand is the middle class. My husband and I are stuck at "too rich" for any breaks (preschool, sports fees, etc) and "too middle class" to save for retirement and our children's college education. I do splurge on 2 things once every month that keeps me sane, a massage and a cleaning company. My massage therapist gives me an hour of peace once a month while relieving my stress knots and the cleaners deep clean the house once a month so I can spend time with the kids.

Oh wait, I forgot Lori's golden rule, only she gets luxury services, the rest of us must live like Cinderella under the Stepmonster.

4 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I have the "want to" stay home (I would settle to go down to part-time). The mortgage company, grocery bill, clothing bill and such say I have to work. Lori, what you don't' seem to understand is the middle class. My husband and I are stuck at "too rich" for any breaks (preschool, sports fees, etc) and "too middle class" to save for retirement and our children's college education. I do splurge on 2 things once every month that keeps me sane, a massage and a cleaning company. My massage therapist gives me an hour of peace once a month while relieving my stress knots and the cleaners deep clean the house once a month so I can spend time with the kids.

Oh wait, I forgot Lori's golden rule, only she gets luxury services, the rest of us must live like Cinderella under the Stepmonster.

The once a month deep clean sounds like heaven!  I had never really thought to have it done that way.  Very smart!  

I always think in terms of weekly for some reason.

God willing, I will be back in the ranks of the employed soon. We have a one bedroom apartment and my husband is medically retired. IF I choose to "deep clean", it would take me about an hour. However, my hubby does 90% of the cleaning, I do the rest (laundry, kitchen and bathroom). I WILL be going for the massage, getting my nails done, and hopefully a whole lot of shows, weekend stays at the fancy hotels on the strip, going out to dinner (I'm sick of cooking). 

Lori can suck it. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

The once a month deep clean sounds like heaven!  I had never really thought to have it done that way.  Very smart!  

I always think in terms of weekly for some reason.

My daughter and her husband hate housework, and she has a hellacious commute, so they have a cleaning service in every two weeks. I'm planning to do the same soon.

I actually kind of like to clean, but having a once a month deep clean sounds pretty awesome to me.  Now cooking I absolutely hate.  Thankfully, my husband loves cooking, and hates to clean, so we're a good match that way.

Lori added the comment from earlier back.  She's replied of course, with her usual, "I'm right, you're wrong because Jesus" bullshit. :pb_rollseyes:  I don't think I've ever met an adult with such simplistic thinking.  She's not able to understand the every situation is not like hers.  She's not even able to accept reality (no work= no food) because that might shatter her assertion that God will provide no matter what.  

I honestly believe you could present Lori with a starving family and she would plug her ears and insist that it wasn't possible since the Bible says God provides.  

6 hours ago, Koala said:

Yes, Carmine, I was just accused yesterday by a woman who "tried" headship/submission and it didn't work for her so they went back to "mutual submission." I gave Scripture to prove that women are to be in submission to their husband's leadership and one woman told me I lacked humility and grace! I am called all sorts of things for simply teaching God's Word. They aren't attacking me, they are attacking the Lord and it is Him who they are going to have to answer to one day.

No, Lori, they are calling you out not because you are teaching God's word but because you do so without an ounce of love, grace, or kindness. 

Reader:

All i was saying was there are positions out there that are best filled by women. I know I don't want to see a male doc. for certain exams. 

Another reader replies:

If more women stayed home, kept it clean and tidy, cooked nutritious meals, and raised their children if not in Gods ways, but at least to be obedient and respectful. Then there would be less need for female doctors to treat 'women's issues' 

:huh:  How would women staying home prevent them from needing medical exams?  

Lori writes:

Having midwives is a great solution to the male doctor delivering the babies as they did in the olden days. They require much less education and expense that doctors do. Then you have a female to deliver the baby and help you through labor unless there's an emergency. 

Lori, women go to the gynecologist for many reasons. *sigh*  A midwife wouldn't be able to perform a mammogram or a multitude of other services a woman might need.  

There is not a one size fits all approach to every situation.  Life is not as simple as you might like to believe it is.  There are complex situations that you clearly can't comprehend.  Women have medical needs that don't involve delivering ALL THE BABIES!11!!11 :evil:

*waves hand furiously*  Mrs. Alexander! Mrs. Alexander!  I have a question. No wait...several questions.

Um...since most midwives are women....are these midwives supposed to only be single and childless??

Who will care for those poor neglected children of the midwives if they are delivering the babies?

Is there a reason you referred to your doctor as "older"?  Are you implying that being treated by an "older" male doctor is okay but a younger one would be sinful? If so, why?

Are you really under the impression that the only gynecological/obstetric need a woman has is delivering the babies?

Did you know that Michelle Duggar specifically sought out female doctors for her hospital births?  With that knowledge, do you feel sinful and dirty for using a male? Men are very visual creatures you know.  Please address this in your answer.

Please answer all essay questions using complete sentences, proper punctuation and correct spelling.

*This test will be timed.

19 hours ago, Letgo said:

That message isn't subtle at all! Criticizing Lori is criticizing the Lord. Lori absolutely cannot be wrong, mistaken, misinformed, unknowing, uninformed, or simply have a differing opinion. She. Is. Right. Period. She really believes that she had a direct pipeline to God in all things. She seems kind of blasphemous to me as she puts herself and her opinions right up there on an equal footing with God.

Actually, Lori, who we all know has been forbidden to read here by her Headship, has helpfully defined blasphemy for us: 

BLASPHEMING the Word of God {speaking evil about God and His ways}

(Meanwhile, Merriam-Webster adds: "the act of claiming the attributes of deity.")

Today Lori quotes Michael Pearl:

Don’t assume you have rights as a wife. Earn your place in his heart and he will be faithful to you. Men don’t fish in another lake if the fish are still biting in the one they’re familiar with. {Michael Pearl}

1) Women have no rights.

2) Men don't cheat on "good wives"

I wish someone would ask Lori if this is what she really believes.

30 minutes ago, Koala said:

1) Women have no rights.

Someone should ask Jenny Williams (who she plagiarized published on Sunday) what she thinks of Michael Pearl's wisdom. Let Lori try to defend him. 

54 minutes ago, Koala said:

1) Women have no rights.

I wonder what Anna Duggar would say about these "words of wisdom."  I guess these people really do blame Anna for Josh's despicable behavior. I wish they'd just come out and say it; rather than claiming the opposite but posting such nonsense that clearly puts the blame on wives in her situation. 

Lori is the most infuriating fundie to me. Her recent post about how men struggle with sexuality just the way women struggle with emotions. Wtf kind of stereotyping is that??? I cannot even with her and I always regret checking her blog (though I can't  seem to stay away)  

Interesting, Lori posted a link to today's post on her Always Learning Facebook.

A reader replied:

Agreed, but is very hard to be this lovely wife, when some husbands are very rude and abuse their wife... is not easy.

Now naturally, Lori (Godly Mentor that she is) is about to tell her to seek help (real help) if she is being abused, right?

Lori:

Stay in the Word and in prayer. Find a good church to find support. Pray for a godly, older woman to come into your life to help you through this journey

So in response to abuse she advises the reader to:

1) Pray

2) Go to church

3) Pray for a Godly Mentor to walk you through the journey of abuse

Hey Lori?  Might want to tell her to contact authorities if she's being abused.  She isn't going to be able to pray it away, and a Godly Mentor won't be qualified to get her the kind of help she's going to need, unless you happen to be speaking about a professional.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived