IGNORED

Josh Duggar Part 11 - The End of Rehab Is in Sight

Coconut Flan

9 minutes ago, Curious said:

My response stays the same no matter what terminology we are using.  I still don't understand what this means, specifically :)

Do you recall which other thread this was discussed in.  I can't recall and would like to read it again.

I will send you a PM.  I don't want to drag people into this situation simply because they mentioned a feeling they have elsewhere.  That is just my choice.

@HerNameIsBuffy - I agree with pretty much everything you said.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Curious said:

I think it's safe to say that neither of these people come to this suit with "clean hands."  I think it's possible that the Duggar/TLC machine gave some kind of consideration for her agreeing to dismiss with prejudice.

It's also entirely possible that both lawyers didn't give much of a fuck, wanted this mess off their calendars and were just sloppy when drafting the agreement and that's why it's vague.  It's not like either of them were going to be getting rich off dealing with either of these clients. 

Dingity ding ding!  One of the hallmarks of getting rid of a lawsuit before trial is that NO ONE ADMITS JACK SHIT.  And goodness only knows what kind of pressure the judge/magistrate/whoever was putting on these parties to get this dumb AF media circus of a tittilation lawsuit off his or her docket.  I know I would've been. 

25 minutes ago, Curious said:

I think it's within the realm of possibility that SOME of DD's claims (meaning stuff other than name/rank/serial number) could be true.  Let's face it, if Josh had such great proof why did the judge not rule in his favor when he filed for a dismissal?   Also, if you can get a summary judgement which would include DD paying all your expenses why not do that if it's such a slam dunk.

The judge had just given (the day before, I think) the plaintiff more time to respond to discovery so he ruled the dismissal request as moot as it was based on her failure to respond to discovery.

A summary judgement motion would cost the defendant that much more money. There isn't a guarantee that a successful MSJ would result in him getting awarded his costs back  And as the plaintiff's attorney claimed she couldn't even pay him, it may well have been considered a "getting blood from a stone" situation for Josh.

Not to open a can of worms, but I do think her attorney likely wanted out.  She supposedly wasn't paying him.  She may not have been cooperating with him regarding discovery, and he may have taken a look at Josh's "proof" and realized his client was never going to prevail.  The plaintiff herself , however, may well have wanted to continue, which might explain her tweet.  (I lean towards mentally ill fangirl who wanted Josh's attention as well as media attention for her work.)

Josh/Jim Bob wanted out because they were going to start incurring more hourly legal bills, expenses they were not likely to ever get back, so the agreement made perfect sense for them. 

12 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

The judge had just given (the day before, I think) the plaintiff more time to respond to discovery so he ruled the dismissal request as moot as it was based on her failure to respond to discovery.

A summary judgement motion would cost the defendant that much more money. There isn't a guarantee that a successful MSJ would result in him getting awarded his costs back  And as the plaintiff's attorney claimed she couldn't even pay him, it may well have been considered a "getting blood from a stone" situation for Josh.

Not to open a can of worms, but I do think her attorney likely wanted out.  She supposedly wasn't paying him.  She may not have been cooperating with him regarding discovery, and he may have taken a look at Josh's "proof" and realized his client was never going to prevail.  The plaintiff herself , however, may well have wanted to continue, which might explain her tweet.  (I lean towards mentally ill fangirl who wanted Josh's attention as well as media attention for her work.)

Josh/Jim Bob wanted out because they were going to start incurring more hourly legal bills, expenses they were not likely to ever get back, so the agreement made perfect sense for them. 

This may shock everyone ;) but I agree with JJ on a lot of things here.  The case had not yet progressed to the stage where Duggar could really move to have it dismissed due to lack of evidence.  The Agreement the two parties signed stated that he was planning on moving for summary judgment if she did not agree to dismiss with prejudice.  Regardless of the truth of the situation, if she had little or no evidence that motion would have been granted.  We just didn't get that far.

I also agree that I think Duggar, his attorney, the Judge, and Dillon's attorney all wanted out.  That isn't proof of what actually happened, but it speaks volumes in terms of how strong her case was.  It could well be that her case was weak because she made the whole thing up.  The Agreement could have easily been worded to state just that.  It wasn't.  It is what it is.

I personally think these are two people with lots to hide on both sides which makes it quite hard to try to uncover the actual truth.  That is unfortunate for Duggar if he was never there and/or actually never did any of this stuff (which seems quite likely, but Dillon has not admitted that).

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived