IGNORED

Anna Duggar seems different lately

luv2laugh

Ah, cut the kid a break. She seems to be trying to respond to our questions, and I want her to stick around so I can followup.

My question to Auntie: (And this is NOT a snark) If Gothard is a false prophet, how can you be comfortable agreeing with him in any way?

A few of his teachings do come from the bible, So I can't disagree with him on those. :)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Ah, cut the kid a break. She seems to be trying to respond to our questions, and I want her to stick around so I can followup.

She repeatedly ignored my questions. If she read the FAQ and rules before registering, she should have no expectation of being cut a break. I'm not adopting a stray fundie just to have it shit all over the place, regardless of how young and cute it may appear.

Other people are welcome to pet it and feed it but I decline.

A few of his teachings do come from the bible, So I can't disagree with him on those. :)

Can spell out exactly for me what it is that you and the Duggars have in common in regards to belief? So you do realize that Gothard is a false prophet that has brought a great deal of abuse and harm into this world, yet the Duggars pay him money and encourage others to do the same, how does this mesh with them being all sweet and wonderful?

And are you a minor? Yes or no?

Other people are welcome to pet it and feed it but I decline.

Tell me about the fundies, Lissar! We'll hug 'em and squeeze 'em and call 'em George!

Tell me about the fundies, Lissar! We'll hug 'em and squeeze 'em and call 'em George!

NO WAY IN HELL can a true fundie EVER get that reference! Ah, loony tunes... how I miss thee!

Auntie has to be a minor.... given that she said she was 16 when the conversation took place, and that it was a few weeks prior to the announcement of Anna's last pregancy..... she surely hasn't turned 18 already.

Now to Auntie:

Please review all your postings here for consistency. First you state that you share many beliefs with the Duggars, who are firm Gothardites, then you denounce Gothard. You surely realize that you can be a Christian and not be remotely like the Duggars?

Sorry, it had to be googled! Theres some spanking involved and beating of animals so I'm guessing this particular episode is "pearl" approved. I'm sure he can find a biblical foundation for talking rabbits, ducks, and the existence of the abominable snowman!

I'm really surprised to hear that story. I am surprised that Anna acted that rude. Now I'm confused as to who is worse... Smuggar or Anna?

Well since this is from the view point of a 16 year old Josh Duggar fangirl, I'm still thinking Josh is worse. I know that if I look back on situations that I thought were "OMG horrible!" when I was that age I have a totally different view now.

Honey, if I had some 16 year old fangirl fawning over my husband I'd be pretty annoyed too, and would probably be mean or passive aggressive in hopes of you seeing that your behavior was not appropriate.

God, the naivete of the young...

Guest Anonymous

Well since this is from the view point of a 16 year old Josh Duggar fangirl, I'm still thinking Josh is worse. I know that if I look back on situations that I thought were "OMG horrible!" when I was that age I have a totally different view now.

Yeah, I'm thinking that AuntieTo3 isn't the world's most reliable witness. Also Anna was pregnant, taking care of a little kid, possibly dealing with morning sickness, and possibly tired of people coming up to her for a chat while she's trying to get things done. Plus it's not like Anna spit on someone, she just wasn't chatty enough to suit a 16 year old fangirl.

Yeah, I'm thinking that AuntieTo3 isn't the world's most reliable witness. Also Anna was pregnant, taking care of a little kid, possibly dealing with morning sickness, and possibly tired of people coming up to her for a chat while she's trying to get things done. Plus it's not like Anna spit on someone, she just wasn't chatty enough to suit a 16 year old fangirl.

Yes, not gushing over a similiar skirt and liiking annoyed when a total stranger comes and starts chatting up your husband isn't passive-aggressive, it is kind of normal especially if you are pregnant and this happens a lot.

trying again, quoting myself!

guy, sorry to interrupt your efight here;)

but- where the hell do you get all the info on the euro trip from? what episodes/clips are it that anna looks exhausted in and isnt "sweet" anymore?

i want to catch up!

give auntie a break, please. she's just stating what she thinks are her opinons. i am 27 and "shared" my parents' opinions for the most part until a couple of years ago. until i realized i am completely different.

it's actually brave of her to come here, i think.

Guest Anonymous

give auntie a break, please. she's just stating what she thinks are her opinons. i am 27 and "shared" my parents' opinions for the most part until a couple of years ago. until i realized i am completely different.

Oh dear lord. Yes, it takes a load of bravery to anonymously post on a forum. Read the FAQ/rules/about. Nobody gets a break here. If someone can't defend themselves there is a whole internet full of strictly moderated, no fighting allowed, hand holding places they can go visit.

No one was eating the precious little cupcake alive in the first place. You're acting like she was being torn to shreds when all we did was disagree with her, ask her questions that mostly went unanswered, and give her a small (sorely needed) grammar lesson.

She is different because she has money now, and seems to have inherited the Duggar hollier than you attitude.

Money can sometimes change people. I wonder if Anna thinks about what will happen when the TLC gravy train stops.

trying again, quoting myself!

There is a thread a couple pages back with pictures and videos. Can't remember the name. And I'm not going to treat her like a delicate little flower. Obviously she realized we were going to question her beliefs and she couldnt' take it so she left and that is fine. But it doesn't do anybody any good if we don't call fundies out on their often horrible beliefs.

I'm probably one of the only ones but I don't think the Josh/Anna marriage is going to go the distance. She keeps sweet sometimes (yeah smiles just like Michelle) but there's only so much stupid a woman can take. (And yes I think she is way more intelligent than he is.)

Unlike Michelle and JimBob, the J&A union started out as more aggressively "in your face perfect" and is thus more likely to backfire in an epic display of karma.

I also think that the fact that they are on a reality series, traveling in cramped quarters, and having one baby after another (as if that doesn't impact a marriage) will heighten Anna's misery and despair, hastening a process that might otherwise have taken 20 years. But I will be the first to apologize if I am wrong.

As for the 16 year old poster, I wish she would have stuck around for deprogramming purposes but I do love the snark.

I'm probably one of the only ones but I don't think the Josh/Anna marriage is going to go the distance. She keeps sweet sometimes (yeah smiles just like Michelle) but there's only so much stupid a woman can take. (And yes I think she is way more intelligent than he is.)

Unlike Michelle and JimBob, the J&A union started out as more aggressively "in your face perfect" and is thus more likely to backfire in an epic display of karma.

I also think that the fact that they are on a reality series, traveling in cramped quarters, and having one baby after another (as if that doesn't impact a marriage) will heighten Anna's misery and despair, hastening a process that might otherwise have taken 20 years. But I will be the first to apologize if I am wrong.

As for the 16 year old poster, I wish she would have stuck around for deprogramming purposes but I do love the snark.

I also think there is possibility that marriage won't go the distance either. I think Anna does keep sweet at times for the sake of the show and part of their livelihood. I can't imagine anyone being happy having to travel in crowded with 20 plus other people, also while having a toddler and being pregnant. She is probably miserable at times but won't say anything to keep Boob and Mullet happy.

I'm trying to remember if there was any instance of a reality series about a family that didn't end up taking the family down in some way. Maybe the Osbournes and the Kardashians (so far), but it seems like if you put you, your spouse, and sometimes your kids out on reality television, it's pretty much a one way ticket to dysfunction and divorce.

Or it could go up in the next gen...A miserable and bitchy stuck with J with no way out. Either way the scenario is bad. I would quit having kids and get out of reality TV. Relationships can be fragile sometimes and need care. Reality TV is the opposite of care; more like abuse. I sound like a Hallmark card today...sorry.

I don't see her leaving. She'll stick it out no matter what. She's seen her siblings turn away and make their own choices, but has made no indication that she is considering the same.

Yes, not gushing over a similiar skirt and liiking annoyed when a total stranger comes and starts chatting up your husband isn't passive-aggressive, it is kind of normal especially if you are pregnant and this happens a lot.

That is not mutually exclusive with her regular worldview, expressed when she was not pregnant. She is a SeeYouNextTuesday even in her best moments. Like her smarmy sister sister Priscilla, the Kool-aid has been fully metabolized.

Archived