IGNORED

Anna Duggar seems different lately

luv2laugh

I'm a bit out of the loop these days, but is there a Duggar season currently playing? I don't remember seeing too much of Anna after Michael was born. Although she might just be really tired and that's it!

The most recent season ended about a month ago. I don't know when the next one is.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if she thought she knew what she was getting into, the whole tv thing probably turned out a lot differently than she expected. I'm sure TLC would be perfectly willing to let her believe the myth of reality tv until she signed a contract and suddenly realized that she would have to participate in staged scenes and wouldn't have much veto power over cameras during the most annoying times.

And most people have unrealistically high expectations of what it's like to have a kid, even if they cared a lot for their siblings. She had probably been fed an especially idealistic view of motherhood and now it's probably turning out to be a lot harder than she expected, especially with 2 little ones now. It would be overwhelming for almost anyone, but she doesn't even have the option to take a break.

I can also imagine anyone at her age having a "quarter-life crisis". I can see her waking up one day now that the honeymoon period has worn of an wondering "What now?" or "Is this what my life will be like forever?".

Or maybe she's starting to realize how lazy Smuggar is. There are a lot of reasons that she could be feeling worse now than she did a few years ago.

If the baby is sleeping through the night it would be enough for her to get pregnant.

Which makes me really think you have to be crazy to take a newborn overseas and travel with him.

"Crazy" would fit. Look how well post-partum touring worked out for Kelly "Lucky to be alive" Bradrick.

I'm glad she's not acting as super sweet. I think reality is setting in and she is starting to finally learn that the QF/Fundie life isn't all rainbows and butterflies. She looks tired and angsty. Good. I hope she is re-thinking how many kids to have.

I can't imagine traveling all over god's green earth in a bus with just my own two kids let alone the whole monty-python traveling circus she's stuck with. I'd be grumpy too! Plus she's probably about to be pregnant again........ And they're supposed to be running a business but are anywhere but home most of the time and and and and her own family is in turmoil and and .......

You know, I wouldn't, in my right mind, stand within fiver hundred feet of Anna's smug comments. However, if them and I ever had the chance to meet them commments better sleep with one eye open. Cause if they ever met MY words of choice they'd be heading for he proverbial hills as fast as their smug little feet could carry them.

I can't imagine traveling all over god's green earth in a bus with just my own two kids let alone the whole monty-python traveling circus she's stuck with. I'd be grumpy too! Plus she's probably about to be pregnant again........ And they're supposed to be running a business but are anywhere but home most of the time and and and and her own family is in turmoil and and .......

Dunno where that green earth is, but the one I live on is mostly blue.

Sorry. I tried. I really did.

Anyway, yeah, I'm not surprised that Anna's tired and has been bitchy for a while. She's probably thinking of taking the kids one day while Smuggar's at work, and running off to an ex-ATI sibling's house.

I've seen times (such as on the episode where J and A have to watch the howlers during Josie's birth) where Anna seems overwhelmed at having a ton of kids around. During their engagement episodes and wedding they seemed like the perfect match made in heaven. Now however, I think that the reality of married life is finally setting in for both Josh and Anna. She definitely has changed. Maybe she really was his way all along but hid it better in the past? She kind of gives off the " I'll be sugar sweet to your face but talk about you behind your back. Kind of like an overly peppy cheerleader.

Hi! I am a lurker, But after seeing this thread, I knew I had a to join!

I live about 10 minutes from the Duggars house, And have had the joy of seeing them around town and meeting them several times. They are all very sweet!

I have very similar beliefs and was also homeschooled, So I have always supported them out of our sheer similarities. But after meeting a few of them, I support them because they are some of the sweetest people I have met.

I met Josh, Anna and Baby mackenize (sp) a few weeks before they announced they were pregnant for the second time. Josh was so nice! It felt like talking to someone I've met a hundred times before. He made us feel very comfortable talking to him. Anna on the other hand didn't say a word. I told her I liked her skirt (We had on very similar ones) And I just got half a smile. She just kinda grimaced the whole time we were there. It left me with a very different opinion of her than I got on tv. It may have been she was feeling sick from early stages of pregnancy, But it just made me feel a bit rejected. And Mackeneize, She is about the cutest little thing! She is beyond adorable!

I think Anna was made from a different cloth than the Duggars. I think the Kellers raised their kids differently than Mr. And Mrs. Duggar did. The kellers let their kids express themselves a bit more freely, And now that Anna is completely comfortable with the camera's and the family, We are seeing more of her personality. I think she is very passive-Aggressive.

Guest Anonymous

I live about 10 minutes from the Duggars house, And have had the joy of seeing them around town and meeting them several times. They are all very sweet!

I have very similar beliefs and was also homeschooled, So I have always supported them out of our sheer similarities. But after meeting a few of them, I support them because they are some of the sweetest people I have met.

I met Josh, Anna and Baby mackenize (sp) a few weeks before they announced they were pregnant for the second time. Josh was so nice! It felt like talking to someone I've met a hundred times before. He made us feel very comfortable talking to him. Anna on the other hand didn't say a word. I told her I liked her skirt (We had on very similar ones) And I just got half a smile. She just kinda grimaced the whole time we were there. It left me with a very different opinion of her than I got on tv. It may have been she was feeling sick from early stages of pregnancy, But it just made me feel a bit rejected. And Mackeneize, She is about the cutest little thing! She is beyond adorable!

I think Anna was made from a different cloth than the Duggars. I think the Kellers raised their kids differently than Mr. And Mrs. Duggar did. The kellers let their kids express themselves a bit more freely, And now that Anna is completely comfortable with the camera's and the family, We are seeing more of her personality. I think she is very passive-Aggressive.

Um, wow. Anna doesn't owe you shit just because she's on TV. Poor you that she was pregnant, taking care of a kid, and had a miscarriage not that long ago, and you got your fee-fees hurt because she made you feel rejected.

Also - WTF? Squashing the emotion and personality out of your kids via JOY makes them sooooo sweet, but letting them express themselves more freely leads to them being passive-aggressive? Are you high?

**Edited to correct a riffle.

Um, wow. Anna doesn't owe you shit just because she's on TV. Poor you that she was pregnant, taking care of a kid, and had a miscarriage not that long ago, and you got your fee-fees hurt because she made you feel rejected.

Also - WTF? Squashing the emotion and personality out of your kids via JOY makes them sooooo sweet, but letting them express themselves more freely leads to them being passive-aggressive? Are you high?

**Edited to correct a riffle.

If you read what I said carefully, You would have seen were I said, a few weeks BEFORE she announced she was pregnant. I didn't know she was pregnant at that time, Nor did any of us. And we didn't learn about the miscarriage until after we found out she was pregnant. Looking back now, I understand she may have been sick. I never said Anna owed me or anyone else anything. We were in very closed proximity and started talking like anyone other people in the world. It wasn't as though I saw them and ran up and said, Hey you guys are on tv lets have a conversation, You owe it to me! Like you are making it out.

I said her parents let her express herself more freely, And that is why is she being herself and showing her emotions. Whereas you never see the Duggars have a tense or negative emotion. I was complimenting the Kellers, While also adding my thoughts to the mix, Like everyone else here.

And, maybe, just maybe, you started FLIRTING with Josh, her husband.... and maybe Anna didn't care for that. Remember, these girls are not supposed to make conversation with men they don't know.... so regardless of whatever proximity you were in, she may have thought it immodest of you to strike up a conversation with her husband.

Even non-fundies wives do not like strange women talking to their husbands.

well auntieto3 that was not clear, specially when you just complimented the Duggars on how sweet they are... Usually without any conditionality on this people tend to understand that as a positive trait O_o lol

Guest Anonymous

If you read what I said carefully, You would have seen were I said, a few weeks BEFORE she announced she was pregnant. I didn't know she was pregnant at that time, Nor did any of us. And we didn't learn about the miscarriage until after we found out she was pregnant. Looking back now, I understand she may have been sick. I never said Anna owed me or anyone else anything. We were in very closed proximity and started talking like anyone other people in the world. It wasn't as though I saw them and ran up and said, Hey you guys are on tv lets have a conversation, You owe it to me! Like you are making it out.

I said her parents let her express herself more freely, And that is why is she being herself and showing her emotions. Whereas you never see the Duggars have a tense or negative emotion. I was complimenting the Kellers, While also adding my thoughts to the mix, Like everyone else here.

Whatever, but you have all of that information now, and you had it when you wrote your post that centered on how you felt Anna wasn't nice enough to you. Also, you said the Duggars are the sweetest people you've ever met, and said nothing that came across as a compliment about the Kellers.

I really don't think the problem here is my reading comprehension. Either you did a bad job of communicating what you meant, (which happens to all of us at times) or you meant it the way you wrote it but when people received it badly you attempted to backpeddle.

I think the poster realized too late that this is not a Duggar suck-up site and is now passive-agressively backpedaling.

With SOTDRT grammar; par for the course when it comes to Duggar fans.

And, maybe, just maybe, you started FLIRTING with Josh, her husband.... and maybe Anna didn't care for that. Remember, these girls are not supposed to make conversation with men they don't know.... so regardless of whatever proximity you were in, she may have thought it immodest of you to strike up a conversation with her husband.

Even non-fundies wives do not like strange women talking to their husbands.

I was 16 when this occurred, Talking to her husband, Flirting never even crossed my mind.

I'm really surprised that you find them to be the "sweetest people". I have met them and found them to be shockingly cocky, self centered, and self righteous. We call Josh "smuggar" for a reason! If the Duggars are a family that deserves your support because they are the "sweetest people [you] have met" I'm going to "sweetly" suggest that you get out more and meet other people.

I was 16 when this occurred, Talking to her husband, Flirting never even crossed my mind.

You may not be aware of this (considering that you said you were raised similarly to the Duggars, which leads me to believe that it's possible that you have a stunted view of sexuality), but 16-year-olds can flirt. In fact, it's possible (considering how little you seem to know about flirting) that you were flirting inadvertently.

Edited because I made a typo.

Anyone who thinks the Duggars are all sweet is either blatantly lying or has their head so far up their ass that they can't see reality. At least half of the boys are complete brats. I'm extremely tolerant of kids being kids, but riding a bike inside a store and standing on a table are just unacceptable. There are plenty of other things that the Duggars do that aren't sweet, but you can't pretend that those kids are well-behaved.

Relax guys!

I've met them and I don't really agree with AuntieTo3 that Josh is the sweetest person ever, but that's coz I've met the rest of the family and found Jana and Jill to be sweeter. Also, I've interacted with hundreds of other people so I can actually compare sweetness. Maybe AuntieTo3 doesn't have the same experiences as a normal person does, so to her, Smuggar is the nicest person ever. *Shrug*. It's not AuntieTo3's fault she's not met anyone sweeter.

Anyway, Anna knew she was marrying into Fundie "Royalty". Sucks for her that she's being made to join their circus.

Guest Anonymous
Relax guys!

I've met them and I don't really agree with AuntieTo3 that Josh is the sweetest person ever, but that's coz I've met the rest of the family and found Jana and Jill to be sweeter. Also, I've interacted with hundreds of other people so I can actually compare sweetness. Maybe AuntieTo3 doesn't have the same experiences as a normal person does, so to her, Smuggar is the nicest person ever. *Shrug*. It's not AuntieTo3's fault she's not met anyone sweeter.

Anyway, Anna knew she was marrying into Fundie "Royalty". Sucks for her that she's being made to join their circus.

Why do you assume anyone is other than relaxed?

This is some interesting white knighting you're engaging in, spearafatchick. Charming user name, as well. Did you happen to attend the same SOTDRT as AuntieTo3? You seem to know a lot about her personal life.

If AuntieTo3 was 16 when Anna was newly pregnant with Michael, does that make her 17ish now? I'm a little surprised that a homeschooled, teenaged, Duggar groupie hasn't got better parental controls on her internet.

Goodness. I simply joined to express a opinion/experience. 

I never said I was raised the same as the Duggars, I said I have similar beliefs. 

Yes, I am home schooled. I started homeschooling after 5th grade. I am the first of my parents only three children to be home schooled. (I am the youngest) My parents trust me and believe they have instilled good values in me, so yes, I can go on the Internet. I even have a computer in my room. Shocking, Right?

I have my opinions, and I think this family is extremely sweet and polite, and you have your opinion. We are both entitled to that. I have had the opportunity to meet many people in my short lifetime so far, and since I have moved to Arkansas, I have met some of the sweetest people, Duggars certainly included. 

A period, Is not the same thing as a comma, They have different functions, Just for your information. Also, there is no Need for random Word capitalizations, Unless you are from the 18th Century.

Archived