IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 16

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

(Also,I'm just now catching up. I wasn't anywhere near a computer for a week or so and I finally got back to LA for my last semester (again. Thanks, academic adviser who so kindly didn't realize I needed one more upper GE class until the middle of last semester -__- oh well. That's ok.)

Argh advisers! I'm having frustrations with mine currently, too. Supposedly she's my adviser, but the advising part hasn't really happened, which makes me unsure if my dissertation is actually going in the right direction or not. I would love to leave a wall of text here ranting about it, but l'll leave it at that. Perhaps you can take comfort in knowing that you aren't alone in having a less-than-ideal adviser!

Tho my response, rather than being off FJ for a while, has been to find solace in FJ, where people will actually engage with my ideas and information can be discussed collaboratively. And hey! I just noticed that this post made me a degreed law professional on here - FJ heard my complaints and delivered a sign from the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Maybe I'll just give up on this uni degree and capitalize on my FJ degree instead. It's been a lot more enjoyable to get!

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not feel we will see any changes in the Duggar lifestyle etc until the younger generation or even the next generation comes along. It is becoming obvious those we hoped would have a back bone and want something different are not who we hoped they would be. Some child down the line is going to rebel against the tight rein of authority and probably even their religion. They can not continue the obvious illiteracy for too many more generations. It is one thing to homeschool but if children can not speak in complete sentences or do simple math (some where down the line) it will become obvious that something needs to be done.

I do not think we are done with their shows obviously since they are still filming which just pisses me more than I can articulate. I don't think we are done with JB, but I also feel that JB will be even more "holier than thou" coming back on TV and that is going to eventually trip him up. He is a skank and shady. Every dog gets his day and his just hasn't come yet.

8 hours ago, missegeno said:

Argh advisers! I'm having frustrations with mine currently, too. Supposedly she's my adviser, but the advising part hasn't really happened, which makes me unsure if my dissertation is actually going in the right direction or not. I would love to leave a wall of text here ranting about it, but l'll leave it at that. Perhaps you can take comfort in knowing that you aren't alone in having a less-than-ideal adviser!

Tho my response, rather than being off FJ for a while, has been to find solace in FJ, where people will actually engage with my ideas and information can be discussed collaboratively. And hey! I just noticed that this post made me a degreed law professional on here - FJ heard my complaints and delivered a sign from the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Maybe I'll just give up on this uni degree and capitalize on my FJ degree instead. It's been a lot more enjoyable to get!

Yay! Someone to commiserate with -__- That sucks that you struggle with yours, too. Mine had been great the last two years and then when I saw him a month or two into the fall semester, he mentioned that he had gone over my stuff and that he wouldn't be able to double count one of the classes after all. So I had to add another semester (and fill up my schedule with some fun classes to reach full time student status :).) I had a terrible experience with two online classes I took a couple of semesters ago so that was not an option I wanted to even consider again.

Oh, and I didn't quite retreat from FJ because of all this but I was with my family in Vancouver. I spent Christmas with my aunt and uncle (they adopted me (long story)), old friends, and then the rest of the time between visiting my mom and dad) and I just didn't have the energy at the end of the day to pull out my laptop and catch up here or internet access. :(

Anyway, I really hope you can figure things out with your adviser and that things with your dissertation start moving along more smoothly. Is there anyone else you can talk to? I have two advisers. One is my major adviser (the one who screwed up) but I was able to go to the other one and vent about it a little which helped me mentally at least. 

9 hours ago, missegeno said:

I'm curious to know your dissertation topic.

I am curious as well. That might look weird I guess, since I have so few posts. I mostly just read all the posts and aren't comment but I'm trying to be a little less shy about it.

One of of my favorite aspects of grad school was getting to discuss fellow students' thesis and dissertation topics. So much focus and detail goes into the process and it's really fascinating. And awesome.

I don't know who to quote, so I'll just tag!

@MakeItSo @Drala @Jana'sHairScrunchie @gustava

Wow - dissertation party! :handsex:

I'm so curious what you all do, too. I am working on a masters dissertation in Psychology. Here's hoping it helps me get into a good PhD program. :P PM me if you want to know more, I'm just not sure I want to put it in these areas where the SEObots crawl.  

1 hour ago, gustava said:

If one of you will start  a dissertation thread, I'll post there, but don't want to hijack this thread.

Sometimes I get annoyed with thread derails, but you know as well as anyone there's not such thing as off topic on freejinger! Personally I'm way more interested in dissertation topics than talk about outfits or wedding trends. :kitty-wink:

2 hours ago, Charliemae said:

Sometimes I get annoyed with thread derails, but you know as well as anyone there's not such thing as off topic on freejinger! Personally I'm way more interested in dissertation topics than talk about outfits or wedding trends. :kitty-wink:

Don't disagree but when I come to this thread, I want me some Duggar snark!

The Duggars were at the Pro-Life rally, March for Life in Little Rock. Anna is looking great. It appears the Joy is Jenny's buddy now since Jill is gone. Ben, Jessa, and baby "Quincy" were there too.

Jenny and Joy were both a part of Jill's buddy "team" along with James.

Looks like Jessa isn't using that wrap right.

She's wearing leggings under a skirt, I think. The handle of the stroller is deceptive because it's in the way of her leg. You can also see where her skirt flares out against the stair behind her.

i think on Ben's last facebook post - his "followers" are actually telling him they don't like his sermons :D 

good for them - 

if they both came across as sincere and not so up their ass - it would be different. and I hate his bow tie 

and Ma and Pa Duggar traveled there alone - which makes me laugh because the sister moms have to take them 

and Sierra is doing her cray cray impression 

I'm kinda disturbed by Jana standing close to that Joe Donaldson guy.  She was also standing next to him in that picture from New Year's that everyone noticed Joe and Carlin standing next to each other.  I hope it's just a coincidence.  

Where's Meredith? They took along Spud, Sierra took along her bub... There are other kiddo's in strollers... I can see Michael holding Anna's hand in one of the pics... so, why isn't Meredith there?

Joy looks like she is holding a baby too, but it looks like a boy and there is no massive bow on the kids head. There is a guy behind her also with a baby, that has a pink hood. I have no idea who he is or if it is Meredith. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

i think on Ben's last facebook post - his "followers" are actually telling him they don't like his sermons :D 

good for them -

Oh man, this is the first time I've really read through comments on his page.

----------

Commenter: Is this a hymn? If so, which hymn? Haven't heard it before

Ben Seewald I am not sure...Spurgeon quoted it a lot...perhaps he authored it himself.

----------

I think this is more appropriate for you ben:

Now free from job I hang around
A random verse that I have found
I post on line, my yo bro face
I'm worry-free, TLC pays

----------

Sadly I think the deletions are underway on the most recent one (assuming you were talking about his vid with the rapper?). When I look at that post, there are only 6 comments upon clicking the view more comments link, all humpy. :leghumper: Isn't is pretty absurdly early in Arkansas right now? Wtf is he doing up, if he is deleting.

Johanna looks like a little lost soul. Summer dress with a sweatshirt over the top. She looks cold. 

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Johanna looks like a little lost soul. Summer dress with a sweatshirt over the top. She looks cold. 

That's what jumped out at me that almost everyone was bundled up and she was standing there with her hands drawn up in her sleeves...:my_sad:  Apparently Sierra is on the warm side though cuz she's all nekkid knees and forearms 

who is this joe dondalson> - because he is just creepy 

and on his instagram - and I know why M & JB are at the debate - because maybe they want Megan kelly to interview them again 

he is a bigger wanna be than Sierra 

do the duggars really like all these hangerson ? 

how is sierra's daughter his niece? is related to Sierra  ?

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

I'm kinda disturbed by Jana standing close to that Joe Donaldson guy.  She was also standing next to him in that picture from New Year's that everyone noticed Joe and Carlin standing next to each other.  I hope it's just a coincidence.  

he apparently is married according to his intagram of 20 weeks ago ? and he is now creepy imo 

13 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Jenny and Joy were both a part of Jill's buddy "team" along with James.

Looks like Jessa isn't using that wrap right.

I agree it doesn't look like she is using the wrap properly, but it isn't the first time we have seen this happen in that family. They seem to be so pea pickin clueless when it comes to safety especially with their precious gifts aka children.

I know Johanna is old enough to dress herself but wouldn't most mothers say something? I would have started some where along the lines of, " I know you love that dress but it is going to be really cold out in the wind. You at least need to have on a very heavy coat if you want to wear the dress". But, no Meechelle probably doesn't even know one of her children is probably getting frostbite.

Anna looks good. Actually great. Every time I see how good she looks it infuriates me that Josh stepped out on her. He is just a pig in more ways than one. Meechelle is terrible mother. She should be embarrassed but unfortunately she is too clueless to even realize what a poor mother and example she is giving her children.

Mechelle needs to cut her hair. It makes her look very haggard and tired. She has no reason to be tired as we can't figure out what she does all day. Jim Bob needs a decent haircut so he can stop looking a lot like Howdy Doodie.

Ben needs to lose the bow tie. I am so full of glee that he is getting some back lash over his rambling sermons. So he is quoting people but has no idea who or where it came from? That adds to how stupid he makes himself look. He doesn't seem to be dealing well with any questions to his "authority" and the garbage he spouts.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived