IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard Part 10: Taking Photos of Screaming Izzie

Coconut Flan

James was put to death in Jerusalem by the Sanhedrin in 62.

Jeez; didn't anybody die of natural causes over there?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i saw that this article was "HOT!" with replies and immediately thought "she's pregnant." #conditioning

8 minutes ago, Whoosh said:

That is it!  That song was the first time I realized that there were others out there that had questions about the version of a higher power they were being handed.  It was a pretty big deal for me to find that validation of something I had never felt brave enough to speak.  I was raised in a great church and loved all the messages I learned there - I just never believed in the deity part.  Anyway - I was 16 when that song came out.  Love the whole album.

Yes! Me too! I left my church about a decade before that album came out but that song was very comforting and validating to me too. :D

19 minutes ago, goldfishgoddess said:

OK Jill and Derick.  No more sex for you!!

frabz-no-sex-for-you-come-back-one-month-ed2a3b.jpg

Haha

Wonder if there is a treatment for it?

20 hours ago, Cassielfsw said:

"Jesus, sweetie, be a dear. Mommy needs to get her drink on." 

"Aww, moooom!" :pb_mad:

I like that Mary was the first Wine Mom. :tw_wine:

It is very serious and totally heartbreaking. I saw one news report indicating 3500 babies since Oct. were born with microcephaly in Brazil. This sounds like a lot to me. I am hoping it was an incorrect report. 

There is nothing that can be done. 

The article says anyone who is in the area "strictly follow steps to prevent mosquito bites during the trip, including wearing long sleeves, long pants"  PANTS?!?!?!  Bwah ha ha!!  The worst news a Duggar missionary could hear!!

You don't need to get all twisted up about the definitions or translations of "virgin." It's a Christian myth, established long after the events. Virgin mothers were a well-established theme in ancient mythologies, see Isis mother of Horus for example. The facts didn't matter, later storytellers were riffing on an old theme.

25 minutes ago, religiouslyconfused said:

Haha

Wonder if there is a treatment for it?

No, there's not: http://www.cdc.gov/zika/symptoms/index.html

From what I've read the links to birth defects were previously unknown, and that the virus is pretty mild in non-pregnant people. Then there's also the fact that this used to be in Africa and Asia and has only recently come to the Americas, which also increases awareness of a disease and thus prompts concern from the western part of the world.

Many Catholics do believe that Mary remained virgin after the birth of Jesus. Whether or not that means she actually had sex, gave birth again, and still remained virgin, or didn't, I have no idea. I don't see the big deal. Sure, God chose a virgin to have his child. Hell. So did Prince Charles. I do believe she remained faithful and holy.

If the Blessed Mother gave birth to Jesus' half siblings, it makes no never mind to me at all. 

I think some of the hangups about Mary's virginity relate to this whole celibacy issue. The Church really plays down the part about the disciples, or at least some of them, being married, after all.

Remember, Jill is now a Certified Medical Professional so she will likely take these warnings with a grain of salt just like when she was in labor with Izzie. 

The article says anyone who is in the area "strictly follow steps to prevent mosquito bites during the trip, including wearing long sleeves, long pants"  PANTS?!?!?!  Bwah ha ha!!  The worst news a Duggar missionary could hear!!

They'll just wear a skirt over their pants. It wouldn't be the first time.

31 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So two pregnant women in Illinois have tested positive for Zika virus. They traveled to countries where it is found. 

I don't mean to be hateful but why on earth would you do that? Take a chance with your baby's life and well being.

Jill and Derrick will heed no warnings. If they even hear any warnings. They will pray and Jebus will take care of all. Derrick is not going to give up his wanderlust and we know that Jill can not be without Derrick. At all. I can not imagine how his co-workers felt about her when he was working. She would have driven me up the wall between the numerous phone calls and not letting him drive to work. My snarky self would have been snarking.

4 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

I don't mean to be hateful but why on earth would you do that? Take a chance with your baby's life and well being.

Jill and Derrick will heed no warnings. If they even hear any warnings. They will pray and Jebus will take care of all. Derrick is not going to give up his wanderlust and we know that Jill can not be without Derrick. At all. I can not imagine how his co-workers felt about her when he was working. She would have driven me up the wall between the numerous phone calls and not letting him drive to work. My snarky self would have been snarking.

How long have there been warnings?  The people who traveled to places where it is found may not have known about it when they did so.  

Jill and Derrick on the other hand now have warning, and should listen, but won't.  

3 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

I think the news about this virus is new information. So most likely they traveled without knowing about this. Very sad and upsetting. Don't know what to say about Jill. If she gets pregnant she should go home. 

Well, if they're not using bc, then they should come home, because you never know when you'll get pregnant. They may be using bc because of the c section. Maybe they listened to the advice about not getting pregnant right away.

On the other hand, Jesus.

I apologize I did not stop to think the warnings are fairly new. I just jumped my big behind on my soapbox with out thinking it out. Hope I did not offend and I do hope the woman who traveled have healthy babies. It would be a nerve wracking situation period. Unless, you are Jill.

BUT...do people just stop being missionaries when disease outbreaks occur? I'm talking about real people, real missionaries and people who are working in the real world realm of mission service? Disease outbreaks happen all over the place and pretty readily...and many things can have devastating effects on a developing fetus. If a gestating Duggar was going to go into isolation for every disease outbreak, they'd forever be isolated!

14 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, if they're not using bc, then they should come home, because you never know when you'll get pregnant. They may be using bc because of the c section. Maybe they listened to the advice about not getting pregnant right away.

On the other hand, Jesus.

I highly doubt any Duggar is using BC beyond some NFP- actual birth control? Nope.

• Boogalou locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived