IGNORED

Lisa Pennington's Ugly Xmas Tree

Clutched Pearls

WHAT THE SHIT, LISA? 

This is like a wonderfully vicious parody of shabby chic/vintage/upcycling. This makes me long for the return of Regretsy, because Club Fuckery's comments would have me aching with laughter for days. 

That random dresser drawer in there just kills me dead. I'm convinced one of the Pennington offspring-inmates is keeping their t-shirts in a cardboard box until after Christmas, when they will get their dresser drawer back. 

No doubt about it: Lisa Pennington and Lady Lydia Sherman are soul sisters when it comes to delusions of décor...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost feel a little sorry for her because I think she REALLY wants to be that crafty, Pinterest-y mom. And that's just not her gift.

And then when I remember the things she's done to her children, I have a really hard time feel all that sorry for her.

1 hour ago, JesusPony said:

Girl, WHAT? Charlie Brown meets Magnolia Pearl meets Fred Sanford.

I love you. 

I'm going to try to link to the post of Lisa's tree. Wish me luck, kids.

https://www.facebook.com/thepenningtonpoint#!/thepenningtonpoint/photos/a.161426203867787.39710.161425413867866/1079619238715141/?type=3&theater

This reminds me of the episode of Friends where Ross dates the hot, but messy woman. 

Ross: You know how you throw your jacket on a chair at the end of the day?
Joey: Yeah...
Ross: Well, like that, only that instead of a chair it's a pile of garbage. And instead of a jacket it's a pile of garbage. And instead of the end of the day it's the end of time, and garbage is all that has survived.

5 hours ago, LaParisienne said:

Well, she got the sense of imagination, that's for sure! Because it doesn't look like a tree at all but more to a pile of old stuff ..

Is it that much expensive to buy a christmas tree in the US?

No, it really isn't. Many years ago in my single days, I got my first artificial tree for just $4.99 (yay, Target's 90 percent off AFTER Christmas sale!). That tree lasted about 10 years. Later, we upgraded and got a bigger, fancier tree for closer to $100. We have recently switched to real trees because of our cats, and those are much cheaper than the artificial ones at $25 to $35 a tree, depending on the type of tree. You can even get little tabletop trees for about $15. (I don't know the currency exchange, but suffice it to say: Real trees are generally quite affordable and even artificial trees can be had for reasonable prices).

It's just an improv Christmas tree thing and it's FREE!  Maybe she's rocking Festivus this year. 

I haven't done much Christmas decorating this year, so I'll probably put up some more stuff (Christmas lights inside) and leave them up a few weeks into January. 

I'm not so much for those showroom type pre-decorated Christmas trees and the larger fake ones are muy mooolah.  DH went out and got a pre-lit 3.5 footer this year and we hung some ornaments on it. 

I really am in no position to comment, even though I did.  We still hang our kids' school-made ornaments on our (fake) tree. Right down to the crayoned (?) paper Santa topper. They are all around 30 now, but they get a kick out of it. The poor ornaments (I'm being generous with that term) are falling apart more and more with each passing year.  So, maybe Lisa's  tree is acceptable after all.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fascinated, I love your tree.

i am glad Lisa told us it was a tree because I never would of guessed it myself. I also thought it looked like a shrine to a Christmas tree, like its her idol and she worships it.

I liked her profile picture but thought I had the wrong FB page when I first saw it and did not think it was her even after I clicked the picture. She also has a SEVERE expression on her face, and it looks nothing like her, But a nice picture. 

Can I just say... she's got that crazed lunatic look in every picture on her Facebook. I have a severe case of rbf, but it's not every single picture ever taken of me. If she looks at people the way she looks at the camera, I would be terrified coming across her in public.

Every year we pay the Forest Service $15 and go cut our own tree. We can get up to a 10 foot tree that way. A 6 foot tree at the lot across the highway was $80 the year we didn't get on the ball before all the permits sold out.

I've seen some very creative tree alternatives on the web. They all look like a tree though. Maybe if she had done the lights and a garland hung the way you would on a tree it might look like one, but it's just not tree shaped enough. It just looks like some kind of weird junkyard art or something. 

"Didn't want to spend the money" translates to "I already spent it all on artfully ragged clothing for ME, essential oil crap for ME, and a Disney World (or Land?) trip for ME.

WTF.  I could maybe see this if all her kids were grown, but she still has kids that are young enough to enjoy decorating a tree or at least looking at one (Who am I kidding, she would never let anyone else do the actual decorating).

9 hours ago, Clutched Pearls said:

I went to Lisa's FB page, and my eyes by the ugliest craft projects I have ever seen.

I expected an over-done, cheaply crafted tree. I wasn't expecting the no longer used items, stored in an attic! Out of 60 Facebook comments, two were speechless. One said; Interesting. Other said; Oh lord. Everyone else acted mesmerized (or so they said). 

So true, why, oh why. What was the thought process...

5 hours ago, amandaaries said:

I'm all for thinking outside of the box, and one year my daughter requested that we have a Christmas palm tree, so we did...but stacking random shit and throwing lights all over it would probably have her calling grandma to report her mother's lunacy...

I wish some of these people would just stay in the damn box.

10 hours ago, LaParisienne said:

Is it that much expensive to buy a christmas tree in the US?

We pay the Forest Service $10 for a permit to cut a tree in the national forest. Strap on some snowshoes, go for a nice hike, cut a 10-12 foot fir tree and drag it back to the car.

9 hours ago, salex said:

Whatever, RE the tree.  Ugly and sort of dumb, but whatever. 

Her hair, on the other hand... looks like she's wearing an ass on her head.  Plus it looks like she may have dyed it darker?

I sympathize... she seems to have problems getting her hair to look good, and it has been telling since I went into chemo how many compliments I get on my hair (AKA my wigs) But really, not loving the hair.

Perhaps she was drawing inspiration from this.  They have the same eyes.

image.jpg

We got our tree at Target full price and it was around $70 for a 7 foot artificial tree. As others have pointed out, Target has a fantastic 90% off sale after Christmas, but where we live they don't actually keep stuff on the shelves that long (I live down the street from Target corporate headquarters. The store next door gets their seasonal stuff changed over INSTANTLY. Makes it hard to buy leftover Valentines chocolate. :my_dodgy:), but the point is there are cheap ways to get a Christmas tree that don't involve stacking things up in the living room. That looks really unsafe. 

9 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I really am in no position to comment, even though I did.  We still hang our kids' school-made ornaments on our (fake) tree. Right down to the crayoned (?) paper Santa topper. They are all around 30 now, but they get a kick out of it. The poor ornaments (I'm being generous with that term) are falling apart more and more with each passing year.  So, maybe Lisa's  tree is acceptable after all.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Aww. We have the same taste in tree decorations. I'm going to have to take a picture of the "reindeer" my oldest daughter made when she was tiny that looks absolutely nothing like a reindeer but we still put it on the tree. I find it fun to talk about all the memories every year when we decorate the tree. People can tell that our tree is a Christmas tree. If I walked into someone's house and saw that I would wonder why there were suitcases, old buckets and a dresser drawer stacked up. \

Lisa is always posting things about not wanting her husband to know how much money she spent. I think she has some sort of shopping addiction. 

Tell me I'm not crazy.  I took one look at her profile pic on The Pennington Point Facebook, and couldn't help but wonder why the hell Lisa was posting pics of Amber Portwood.  Seriously, that picture looks just.like.her.  

8 hours ago, ALM7 said:

I expected an over-done, cheaply crafted tree. I wasn't expecting the no longer used items, stored in an attic! Out of 60 Facebook comments, two were speechless. One said; Interesting. Other said; Oh lord. Everyone else acted mesmerized (or so they said). 

So true, why, oh why. What was the thought process...

I wonder if it's a situation like the Emporer's New Clorhes. " this tree looks crazy, but everyone seems to think it looks awesome, maybe I just don't get 'art' I'm going to play along and say how awesome it is. Come to think of it, Lisa seems like a total nut bag, but everyone adores her, maybe it's me......going to kiss her ass now"

.     Those pintresty things never look as cute in personas they do in a picture. So it must be really bad at penitentiary point.

14 hours ago, Fascinated said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I like your tree. :pb_smile: Having a tree filled with ornaments that the kids made or that have been passed down in your family is a lovely idea. Your tree is your family history come to life, while Lisa's tree is her attempt to get attention from her leghumpers.

Is Lisa darkening her hair and wearing it that way to make us think of Minnie Mouse?  I know she loves Disneyworld, but I'm just not getting the hairdo.

Archived