IGNORED

Lisa Pennington's Ugly Xmas Tree

Clutched Pearls

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That link keeps taking me to this thread. Weird! But re: that "tree." WTF? She just piled a bunch of crap, stuck some lights on it and took a picture? And the people who are praising it -- I want whatever they're smoking.

The tree is bad (bad, bad bad), but I can't get over the blatant use of Star Wars to promote essential oils.  Something tells me Disney would not appreciate that...

14 minutes ago, polecat said:

That link keeps taking me to this thread. Weird! But re: that "tree." WTF? She just piled a bunch of crap, stuck some lights on it and took a picture? And the people who are praising it -- I want whatever they're smoking.

I had the same problem but I found it on the Pennington Point Facebook page. I don't totally hate it in concept, but with the old luggage and the bucket it looks a little too shabby-chic/Pinterest-y for me.

Well, she got the sense of imagination, that's for sure! Because it doesn't look like a tree at all but more to a pile of old stuff ..

Is it that much expensive to buy a christmas tree in the US?

I could have sworn I saw something similar in this years MoMA holiday catalog. Now I can't find it though. A lot more modern, and better executed though (though, I didn't really care for the MoMA one either if I'm honest).

3 minutes ago, LaParisienne said:

Well, she got the sense of imagination, that's for sure! Because it doesn't look like a tree at all but more to a pile of old stuff ..

Is it that much expensive to buy a christmas tree in the US?

Where I live, which is the Southern middle of the U.S., a cheap, full-sized artificial Christmas tree runs around $100 (about 90 Euros) if you buy it at the height of the season, but can run into the $400-500 range if you're feeling wealthy.  Most people opt to purchase one that is considerably discounted after the holiday is over, though. Real trees are cheaper, depending on the size and type, I'd say between $40-50 (45 Euros) for a 6-7 foot tree (around 2 meters).    

Whatever, RE the tree.  Ugly and sort of dumb, but whatever. 

Her hair, on the other hand... looks like she's wearing an ass on her head.  Plus it looks like she may have dyed it darker?

I sympathize... she seems to have problems getting her hair to look good, and it has been telling since I went into chemo how many compliments I get on my hair (AKA my wigs) But really, not loving the hair.

52 minutes ago, salex said:

Whatever, RE the tree.  Ugly and sort of dumb, but whatever. 

Her hair, on the other hand... looks like she's wearing an ass on her head.  Plus it looks like she may have dyed it darker?

I sympathize... she seems to have problems getting her hair to look good, and it has been telling since I went into chemo how many compliments I get on my hair (AKA my wigs) But really, not loving the hair.

THANK YOU.  Between that and the tree, I'm with @polecat: Can they share whatever they're smoking?  That's another level of ugly.  There's that profile pic, which reminds me a bit of Maleficent, and then another in black and white except for a red(dish) apple.  Is she channeling Disney villains now?

Final bit of snark: her personal page shows that she once worked at "Hip Homeschool Moms."  Not sure if Lisa really understands what "hip" or "kicky" are truly trying to convey.   

That HAIR. I'm not sure if she's going for "50's pinup girl" or "Minnie Mouse ears".

I love that someone asked her what filter she used. Ha!

8 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

That HAIR. I'm not sure if she's going for "50's pinup girl" or "Minnie Mouse ears".

I love that someone asked her what filter she used. Ha!

I *knew* the hair reminded me of something/one: Miley Cyrus' devil-horns topknots!!!

ETA: saw tree on FB. Almost no words. How depressing!

But since she keeps bright light strings over the couch 365/7, maybe this is all the extra illumination the room can take. 

One more word: abysmal. 

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Where I live, which is the Southern middle of the U.S., a cheap, full-sized artificial Christmas tree runs around $100 (about 90 Euros) if you buy it at the height of the season, but can run into the $400-500 range if you're feeling wealthy.  Most people opt to purchase one that is considerably discounted after the holiday is over, though. Real trees are cheaper, depending on the size and type, I'd say between $40-50 (45 Euros) for a 6-7 foot tree (around 2 meters).    

Thanks! And wow! I didn't think it was that much expensive. Here, it is between 25€ to 40€ for traditional basic tree ..

3 hours ago, polecat said:

I have a pile of laundry I was planning on taking care of tonight.  Instead, I think I will just put it on a stand, slap some lights on it, and call it a Christmas "tree".  I'll be SO CRAFTY you wont even know :wow:

So she just went around the house finding random items to stack up?And then she stuck a tiny tree in a cage to go on top? For starters that doesn't look stable at all. Secondly, which person sacrificed a dresser drawer to make this "tree"? 

The little tree part looks like a tree. The rest does not. I can't imagine what my kids would think if I started stacking household items and acting like it's all beautiful and normal. This just isn't a tree. She's done some nice creative things on her porch and other areas but, alas, Lisa has gone off the rails here. 

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So she just went around the house finding random items to stack up?And then she stuck a tiny tree in a cage to go on top? For starters that doesn't look stable at all. Secondly, which person sacrificed a dresser drawer to make this "tree"? 

Perhaps the tree is in a cage because she recognizes it might want to run away, otherwise. 

25 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

The little tree part looks like a tree. The rest does not. I can't imagine what my kids would think if I started stacking household items and acting like it's all beautiful and normal. This just isn't a tree.

I'm all for thinking outside of the box, and one year my daughter requested that we have a Christmas palm tree, so we did...but stacking random shit and throwing lights all over it would probably have her calling grandma to report her mother's lunacy...

Archived