IGNORED

Lisa Pennington's Ugly Xmas Tree

Clutched Pearls

3 hours ago, FundiesInParis said:

Slightly off topic, but someone please gag me. 

image.png

My first thought when I saw this was that it was a mildly clever idea.  My second thought was to remember that this is the woman who would not let her adult daughter grow up and have her own life.  Oops. :doh:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Living in the Pennington house is no gift.  And here's another fun fact for Lisa.  When you (an adult) have a child, that is your choice.  It follows that because you have made the choice to have a child, you have also made the choice to support that child and provide them with food, shelter, clothing.  That's not a gift to your child.  That's your responsibility.

Every time someone posts about Lisa, I think back to the photo of her children fanning her (basically looking like her servants), while she lounged around looking like the Queen of I don't know what.  Made me sick, but I think it speaks volumes about how Lisa views herself and her children.  She deserves ridiculously expensive clothes and trips to Disney.  Her kids' "gift" is that she gave them birth and allows them to live in her house (which she's made it nearly impossible to escape) and wait on her hand and foot.

31 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

My first thought when I saw this was that it was a mildly clever idea.  My second thought was to remember that this is the woman who would not let her adult daughter grow up and have her own life.  Oops. :doh:

Yeah, like I've seen the picture pop up a few times on my newsfeed and found it pretty funny. The big difference is that everyone sharing it is either a student or a recent graduate who had to move back home for whatever reason. Her sharing it is pretty darn chilling. 

12 hours ago, freejingerbeth said:

Anyone see the Be Grateful For What You Are Offered post?  Classic Lisa.  So now, not only does she act like Maleficent, she looks like her, too.

m.facebook.com/hashtag/begratefulforwhatyouareoffered?

Psychological abuse much? Just explain to him why the chocolate is off-limits. Unless there is no reason that the chocolate is off limits and you're just wielding power over the kid because you can. She is horrid.

29 minutes ago, JesusPony said:

Psychological abuse much? Just explain to him why the chocolate is off-limits. Unless there is no reason that the chocolate is off limits and you're just wielding power over the kid because you can. She is horrid.

I've got a feeling that the reason is that Lisa wants the chocolate, and I am pretty damn sure it would never occur to her to not get All The Things she wants.

That ice cream conversation was just odd. :dontgetit: Lisa Pennington sounds like a real treat. 

19 hours ago, halcionne said:

I like it.

IT IS FORBIDDEN.

It does not appeal to me, seems very random, and not aesthetically appealing.  But I suppose stacking random containers is a better use of time than blanket training or whatever else she might come up with.

I don't know this blogger, Lisa very well. She doesn't seem all that fundie at first glance. She has Star Wars memes everywhere and goes to Disney? :tw_astonished:

36 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I don't know this blogger, Lisa very well. She doesn't seem all that fundie at first glance. She has Star Wars memes everywhere and goes to Disney? :tw_astonished:

Don't let the Star Wars and Disney stuff fool you, Lisa's the one whose adult daughter ran away from home and had to go to court to get her birth certificate.

20 hours ago, halcionne said:

I like it.

I actually don't mind the tree in a pinteresty sort of way.  I'm a big fan of a real live old fashioned Christmas tree but doing this as a one off I don't mind.  If she did this yearly I'd find it a little too "look at me I'm redefining what a tree is".  Now her hair.... that hair style is for the under 25 crowd only.  I'll admit that I know next to nothing about this woman and I'm sure if I did I'd probably hate the tree too in a "bitch eating crackers" sort of way. 

7 hours ago, FundiesInParis said:

Slightly off topic, but someone please gag me. 

image.png

Just saw this snarky comment on her post. Wonder if she will delete it?

Capture.PNG

45 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Capture.PNG

She's deleted the comment now.  No dissent is tolerated in the Pennington Prison!

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Capture.PNG

Thank you for immortalizing it!!!

5 hours ago, Koala said:

I've got a feeling that the reason is that Lisa wants the chocolate, and I am pretty damn sure it would never occur to her to not get All The Things she wants.

And if she said "because I was saving it for me for later, and we need to finish up the other flavors to make space in the freezer" I would not of cared or thought badly. It's the I refuse to answer or acknowledge you attitude.

2 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Capture.PNG

I LOVE that you screen-captured this - thank you!! 

I wonder how this comment made it through, as Lisa adjusted her FB page settings a while back - only her leghumpers pass muster these days. So kudos to you, Laura Mercier, whoever you are. :clap:

On 12/22/2015 at 6:27 PM, Cartmann99 said:

Thanks so much for posting the link!

Okay, this is not nearly the shit show I thought it was going to be. It's fairly clean-lined and, while a bit odd and not something I'd do myself, doesn't seem that horrible to me. It looks very make-do which is what it's supposed to be. It also seems a bit self-conscious, but there's nothing wrong with that, really. I'm not getting the hostility.

Found the original upload of the profile pic, she was aiming for "Disney hair".  Whatever that is...trying to copy a princess style?  IDK.  

Anywhoo. That woman makes me just want to give her a biiiigggg hug.  Just squeeze the breath right on out of her.. :-) bless her li'l pea-pickin' heart.  

oh lawd. am I late on this?? she has a book....

http://thepenningtonpoint.com/mama-needs-a-do-over/

Do we ever see her kids on the blog? Is there a post of their names and ages? Her blog doesn't strike me so much as the typical fundie mommy blog. It seems very much about Lisa and only Lisa. I guess that's the Pennington point?

I don't mind the idea of this "tree", but the execution is not good. My best friend's family is doing a tree made of books this year, and it looks awesome. But this one? nah

1 hour ago, FrumperSeamstress said:

My best friend's family is doing a tree made of books this year, and it looks awesome. But this one? nah

That sounds incredible! Have you heard of Iceland's Christmas Eve tradition?  It's all about books and reading: http://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/167537939/literary-iceland-revels-in-its-annual-christmas-book-flood

2 hours ago, amandaaries said:

That sounds incredible! Have you heard of Iceland's Christmas Eve tradition?  It's all about books and reading: http://www.npr.org/2012/12/25/167537939/literary-iceland-revels-in-its-annual-christmas-book-flood

What a great tradition.  I've never heard about that before, thanks for posting it.  I wonder where people in Iceland store all of their books, aren't houses in Europe smaller? I have problems finding space for my books, and I'm one person in 1000 sq feet.

9 minutes ago, AbandonAllHope said:

What a great tradition.  I've never heard about that before, thanks for posting it.  I wonder where people in Iceland store all of their books, aren't houses in Europe smaller? I have problems finding space for my books, and I'm one person in 1000 sq feet.

No idea how they store their books, but societies accustomed to smaller living spaces make accommodations.  I had a Korean student (in South Korea) who had shelves in front of shelves -- you could slide them to the side and find more books!  'Twas ingenious.  I assume they get more creative with their space, or perhaps are less possessive of their books...although as a bibliophile, I find that difficult to comprehend.  But perhaps others are less possessive than I, and maybe they share and/or donate books.

567b83816ff8a_bah2.thumb.png.72d13f756fe652b3d170a63417b7f4d7.png

I hope that thing is held together and not merely stacked!

I dunno - I actually kind of like it. Though I maybe wouldn't have stacked it so high?

Archived