IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Duggar Special Sunday Dec 13 - Merge

HerNameIsBuffy

2 minutes ago, sj3339sta said:

I heard lost.  But I want to wait for the online stuff so I can listen again to be sure.

I wasn't watching, but I bet "left" could sound a lot like "lost" if you had all sorts of weird shit happening in your mouth.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved reading everyone's comments tonight. It sounded so boring. I may never watch it.

Best Tweets of the Night:

"Without the other zillion Duggars around, #JillandJessa seem so young and incredibly uninteresting"

"Kate Plus 8 works because Kate Gosselin was always more interesting than Jon. Without the entire Duggar family, Jill and Jessa are duds..."

"Love them but Could they say the word like more often? #countingon #JillAndJessa"

"John David just said what I've been waiting to hear, "I had to tell my brother, I didn't want to be like him anymore." #JillAndJessa"

"Honestly I blame Jim Bob and Michelle for everything. They knew Josh had a problem and did nothing and look where it led. #JillAndJessa"

"a minute into #JillAndJessa and im crying"

"Let Anna speak! #JillAndJessa #jillandjessacountingon"

"Anyone notice Related to 2nd Josh Scandal not one of #duggarkids have expressed sympathy towards Anna Duggars, #countingon #JillAndJessa"

"I never thought Id be into the name Israel til I heard Spurgeon"

"NEWSFLASH: After getting to know the Duggar family better, who among us doesn't owe an apology to the Kardashian and Lohan families?"

Those were the highlights that I could find. It appears that you either loved it or didn't. There was no inbetween.

Thanks to everyone who watched the show and commented.

6 minutes ago, Jennifer Hart said:

They knew this show sucked so purposely used the Josh story sprinkled throughout the whole episode because that’s all people wanted to hear about.

Jill thinking setting boundaries will stop someone from being unfaithful, sigh.

They are so boring.  Their only existence is having babies and without the distraction of the younger kids antics, TLC added storylines and trips this is a snoozefest.

They find it so difficult to speak straightforward and say what actually happened.  They just say scandal or situation.  I would be mad if my sibling cheated but the level of devastation from them is weird.

This scandal has brought them deeper into the cult.  It’s really an us against them mentality now.

They claim the media is intrusive yet they are pimping out the scandals for a tv show.

Can I like your comment any more?

1 hour ago, jegfile said:

Just checked Twitter and although I am in Canada, US shows are often trending. I'm glad to report that nothing Duggar is in the top 10. We are more concerned about 1 Direction up here. First and last time I'll ever be glad about that, I'm sure.

I checked what was trending on Twitter too.  Duggar are not on the top 20 list, but the Real Housewives of Atlanta is on the list.   

I swear - TLC is currently doing its own synopsis of the J&J episode as I type.

oh, sweet baby jesus!  ...

Is it just me or does Bin have some MAJOR mini-Jim Bob hair goin' on?

ETA: I should say DID (Bin have..) because you guys have seen it but I'm just watching it now.

Just watched the beginning of the show again and he did say "left."  I think it is going to take him a while to work out the talking thing with the new pallet.  And let's be honest, I had consumed some alcohol in preparation for this event.

Derick:  "I LEFT my job."  Just heard him say it again.

And yes - Jill is wearing light gray knit pants in the waffle episode.

I have to say, though TLC has been exploitive of the kids in the Duggar family, I do appreciate that we didn't hear a single word directly from JB or Michelle. I can't pretend they didn't influence their children's answers or that they didn't have some level of executive decision making in regard to what got put on the air, BUT no one in the world is taking some convenient quote and attributing it to those two assholes. The siblings are both more interesting and more personally affected by Josh's actions. I like to believe that this indicates that the channel at least recognizes that JB and Michelle were never really the draw of the show, and their presence only makes things seem more involuntary and uncomfortable.

I missed the first run so I'm just now watching the episode. Derrick's mouth situation is an advertisement to *not* get oral surgery, he looks miserable, poor guy. Also all the couples seem like teens pretending to be adults, but that's probably because I'm older than them.

The fact that Bin and Blessa knew that they were having a boy for at least two months makes the name Spurgeon even more inexcusable.  

Are there ATI tenants on boy hair? Like I know the girls are supposed to be long and curled/wavy... but are the boys suppose to choose ugly hair so as not to have a more appealing adornment than their helpmeets?  Bin has Lego helmet hair and Derrick seems to have a "Dumb and Dumber" cut.

1 minute ago, mebeforee said:

I have to say, though TLC has been exploitive of the kids in the Duggar family, I do appreciate that we didn't hear a single word directly from JB or Michelle. I can't pretend they didn't influence their children's answers or that they didn't have some level of executive decision making in regard to what got put in the air, no one in the world is taking some convenient quote and attributing it to those two assholes. The siblings are both more interesting and more personally affected by Josh's actions. I like to believe that this indicates that the channel at least recognizes that JB and Michelle were never really the draw of the show, and their presence only makes things seem more involuntary and uncomfortable.

In the promo for what's to come, we will at least have talking heads of Michelle about Jessa's birth.

Yup.  TLC just stopped whatever program that was airing -- and now it's the Counting On episode again.

Egads.:tw_cry:

I missed the first run so I'm just now watching the episode. Derrick's mouth situation is an advertisement to *not* get oral surgery, he looks miserable, poor guy. Also all the couples seem like teens pretending to be adults, but that's probably because I'm older than them.

I agree, I felt really bad for him, he looked so uncomfortable. And every time one of my family members came into the room they commented. I found myself defending with "he just had mouth surgery!"

4 minutes ago, mebeforee said:

I have to say, though TLC has been exploitive of the kids in the Duggar family, I do appreciate that we didn't hear a single word directly from JB or Michelle. I can't pretend they didn't influence their children's answers or that they didn't have some level of executive decision making in regard to what got put on the air, BUT no one in the world is taking some convenient quote and attributing it to those two assholes. The siblings are both more interesting and more personally affected by Josh's actions. I like to believe that this indicates that the channel at least recognizes that JB and Michelle were never really the draw of the show, and their presence only makes things seem more involuntary and uncomfortable.

We will... Michelle will be in next week's talking head.

Hi, @umsami --

I don't have my old wisdom booklets to look at for reference.  But guys' hair must be;  "neat, short, off the collar, no facial hair, no long sideburns ... " (must not be effeminate)  Style was not the object of ATI - they take great pride about NOT being in style.

8 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Derick:  "I LEFT my job."  Just heard him say it again.

And yes - Jill is wearing light gray knit pants in the waffle episode.

They look like tights or leggins under a dress

****nevermind.  They ARE plants.  Slacks with a crease even.  Holy Hell.....  NIKE!

Been watching the special, and I will likely give my comments sometime after this episode is done to reflect and fully take in. I do plan on reading this thread and it by the the time I read it again, there will be a part 2 (haha)! 

God I hope Michelle's contribution next week is as short and clipped as Joe's this week. Just let her tempt people with no further reward. Those people don't need more encouragement to sell out their children.

Archived