IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Duggar Special Sunday Dec 13 - Merge

HerNameIsBuffy

Part 7

(preview of next week - lots of Anna)

They decorate a house I dont know for Derick and Jill's going away (take 7) party

Its a thank you party, a time of fellowship and time to talk about their ministry work, to thank people face to face.

Sierra shows up.  She gives jill a shirt that says "world traveler" for Izzy

JIll  - its great to see the famly before we head out.  Izzy is passed around.

Jedidiah - its really neat after all thats been going on to come back together and have an awesome time to see friends and just get back together again.

JD - the past 4 months have been a difficult time, a lot of surprises, and somber a little bit.

Joseph - so, the day before everything broke loose on the police report and all that from josh's past I was about to head out on a mission trip and my dad called mein the room and told me. This is going to come out and will be a big deal, our family has put ourselves out there (shot of michelle decorating with full on krazy eyes) on the line and anything comes up they will question you on it.

Joy - lets out stuff on baloons.

Cierra organizes chocolate covered strawberries.

Josiah - I was not sure how it would influence our daily lives, would people just be staring at us and not want to talk to us.  It was that way with some people. but a majority just let us know they were praying for us.

Derrick starts the powerpoint.

Izzy is passed around more

JD - after everything started to settle down from the news about josh we got news of a second thing that was, that we had no clue about, that was more of a shock than the first stuff coming out because you look at your brother and your like, um, you want to think the best about him.

Joe? - Even after the first thing that came out when he was younger I never had close of a relationship as I did.  Over time it builds back up but when this next situation came up it blew my mind, I had no idea.  I dont think there is anyway that any of us could have know that my brother was living such a secret life, just, whenever sometone you respect the most is willing to get up and proclaim what we believve as christians about being true to your wife, (shot of michelle fluffing Jill's hair), you never would expect that person to be the one thats involved in it and it broke my heart. 

Back to the party...

JD - For me, making sure that I am the man I need to be, and I'm the example to those all around me. Its a big load, its a big weight upon me because you know, I have a lot of younger siblings looking up to me. I have to be an example to them because whatever I am thats what they want to be, thats the way that it was with me and josh. I wanted to belike him. One of the toughest things I had to tell my older brother was that I didnt want to be like you anymore.

Back to the party...

Derrick - we're really glad you are all here... Jill is wearing a similar shirt to Michelle's blue shirt.

Derrick - I know some people were cncerned about bringing a newborn to central america but I'm willing to do that and make that sacrifice, and protect my family, to go to those places because of whats a stake.  

Dan starts the show.

Joy - its scary that they're going there ,  its dangerous. They know the danger but they're willing to go.  Its really neat to see their boldness.

They show shots of israel traveling in july

Jessa - its not a safe place to be.  Taking israle with them, its not just the two of them.  They have a child they have been entrusted with.

Derrick - we're building relatiomships and trying to be a life and hope...

JIll - I'm not going to say its cool.  There are times you cry and talk through things but I know this is what I'm supposed to do.

Boob prays off camera... you can hear his voice, though.

Michelle kisses Jill

Joy - I think there is hope for our family.  We wont get back to that normal but there will be a new normal and there are exciting things coming up.

Jinger - Its amazing how Just everyone has come closer to eachother through this and I'm just so greatful

Josiah  - I dont think things can ever get back to the normal because of this situation.  But, I think we will have to stay together as a family and try to come out the other side of this

JIll - we feel like we are stepping on and lookin gforward to things that are ahead and yeah, there are exciting things and more challenges.  Once step at a time

Jessa - Definitely with all the difficult things my family has walked though theres still a lot of exciting miestones ahead and ben and I are excited to welcome our little one into the world.  Lots of exciting things going on.  SOmetimes there are moments when youneed to focus on those things going on gotta weep with those who weep but also wonderful times of rejoycing with those who are rejoycing

Producer - Hello anna

Anna - great to see you again, we've missed you.  She is wearing her wedding ring... they make a shot of it... then cut to next week.

Baby shower for Jessa... Jill says goodbye... Anna is back in the house, the "starter home."  

Anna is asked what her plans are regarding her marriage.

Jessa is in labor... 911 call... Michelle describes the blood. Jana was there.

THE END

What a HORRIBLY boring episode!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shadoewolf said:

Anna:  "If I went by how I was feeling I would turn a bad situation into a disaster"

So...seems to me she wanted to leave at some point.  She was obviously angry/hurt enough. Sounds like she got talked out of it.  My heart broke for her right there.

The one flash of Jill and Derick in Central America, right on the water?  Looks like a resort community not anywhere as "dangerous" as they keep making it sound!!

they are show and no go 

Derick if you see him how he was during the courtship to now - it's shocking - emotionally and physically 

they are done - all of them 

Okey-dokey.  I couldn't understand why I was all alone in the other forum.  Then I found you all over here.
Well, that was interesting.  Sure left a lot of ground still to be covered.

My overwhelming feeling?  Those. Poor Kids.  Each of them is heartbroken and devastated by Joshley's horrible choices.
Jill's comment is so true (paraphrase, mine):
"You can choose your behavior.  But you cannot choose the consequences of your behavior."
So true -- I always had this up in my classroom when I was teaching.  And my kids heard it often.

Ummm...like...what a vapid mess.  Most of them seemed to be trying so hard to say nothing.  And if they've been pulling together and working through things all this time, then why so many tears for the camera?  I'm just not buying it.

Josh really seems like he's a completely separate family member now. I guess I was a little surprised there wasn't more talk about "Christian love" - and at least making statements that they want to help Josh or try to understand how he got into the destructive behaviors he did. Perhaps they did say that (and I missed it), but it seemed more like the conversation revolved around them forgiving Josh for themselves (to not have bitterness) and feeling duped/deceived.

Perhaps future episodes will reveal more of that side of things, and I'm not saying that how they're feeling is wrong at all. I'm just surprised from their religious backgrounds that there wasn't more compassion towards Josh expressed.

2 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

I think part of Derrick's appearance issue is because his teeth are still so badly aligned. If you look at him head on his teeth are all shifted slightly to the side. If you ndraw a line from his nose to his chin you will find a tooth right in the middle of his face. 

Not to mention he has one open eye and one squinty eye.  He's just lopsided all around, and it seems he's getting worse-looking rather than better looking. 

With his eyes being close together and a long face at least he was sort of lined up.  Now he's got these close together eyes and an artificially wide palate etc.  It's just funny looking, and since the surgery he has never looked like he is healthy.  Before he got married and when he was living in Nepal, he had more of a spark of life about him. 

14 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

Every time I see footage of Bin I just cannot get over how unbelievably dumb he seems.

He's definitely a few tater tots short of a casserole.

:pb_lol: :pb_lol: I'm going to have to start using that phrase.

1 hour ago, goldfishgoddess said:

Derick looks dead inside and soul-less.   Sad.

He looks dead on the outside as well....

1 minute ago, goldfishgoddess said:

Not to mention he has one open eye and one squinty eye.  He's just lopsided all around, and it seems he's getting worse-looking rather than better looking. 

With his eyes being close together and a long face at least he was sort of lined up.  Now he's got these close together eyes and an artificially wide palate etc.  It's just funny looking, and since the surgery he has never looked like he is healthy.  Before he got married and when he was living in Nepal, he had more of a spark of life about him. 

Yes, I was thinking this as well. Derrick just looks very unhealthy overall. His color doesn't look good, his weight seems to be on the low side, and that palate expansion surgery didn't help his outward appearance. The poor guy just hasn't gotten much of a break since he hitched his wagon to the Duggars. 

4 minutes ago, mebeforee said:

Oof. Everything the boys said was already revealed in the promos, and although I'm sure Josiah had a lot more to say that wasn't publicized (and Joy, too! Her first appearance there were already tear trails in her makeup. I want to see that whole interview), and then they tempt us to next week with Anna promos. I really wanted to know what Anna had told them. Now I have to watch another episode, and I'm angry, because I know they planned it this way for ratings purposes, they knew that revealing an Anna promo before the first of Jill and Jessa would get people to watch, and I'm sure they won't give us her whole interview next week either, they'll give another promotional video from the same interview. It pisses me off. But I really want to know what she has to say.

I haven't watched.  I figure whatever is any good there will be clips of. And Buzzard's recaps are great!  I can understand that they will hold on to Anna for the second one and even the third, for those who aren't all that excited about seeing Jessa in labor. All shows do that kind of thing. But what bothers me is how these people feel that they have to perform for the public.

It is right that we talk about it as "pimping."  There is definitely an element of prostitution here.

2 minutes ago, Hermen-uetics said:

Normal commercial break on Married by Mom and Dad show that is on TLC now.  

Yes, for me also

Just now, biblelandjunkie said:

what house does Jessa and Ben live in currently?  Is it the little one or the bigger one w/ the pool? 

Josh and Anna's old place...Grandma Duggar's house.

I made my this recap for another forum, but I'd post it here too. 

Ben and Jessa: Clearly on their honey moon phase. It was disgusting how ga-ga they got over each other. This special focused on just before the birth. Jessa and Ben talked about how hard it was to keep the gender a secret. No birth was shown. I guess they’re saving that for another episode. Or just couldn’t bring themselves to say Spurgeon on the air. The other girls made a big deal about shopping for the baby. I’m glad they didn’t tell the gender because they’re super obsessed with babies having gendered clothing. (No Jinger, you don’t need to buy a red bow to put on a football hat). They keep joking about how big the baby is going to be, but that’s not a clue to them to have a hospital birth I guess.

During the interviews about the Josh scandals Jessa really blamed the media and emphasized how unfair and illegal the Freedom of Information act was. Jessa didn’t dwell much on it. She seems less affected by what happened.

Jill and Derrick: The couple definitely seem less gushy than Benessa. They made tons of dumb jokes about changing diapers. Jill acts like she’s god’s gift to motherhood and gives Jessa a ton of advice on how to handle her birth, none of which involved the words doctor or hospital. They had a going away party where they showed a powerpoint of their vacation. They also drum up how dangerous and full of drug cartels Central America is. Derrick is such an awkward kid. He kept going on about his dental surgery and casually mentioned how sometimes he almost forgets Israel in the car and Jill has to remind him. He also bench pressed Israel which was hilarious.  

During the Josh interviews, Jill was very broken up. She described herself as a victim again which seems to contradict some of the other family members narrative that nothing happened. She also talked about how the tabloids were rubbing what happened in their face. I really do feel bad for her. She says she’s over it and has moved on, but it doesn’t seem like it.

John David, Joseph, and Josiah: They only appeared in brief interviews, the cameras never follow their lives around. They were critical of Josh. John David said that he wanted to be a better role model for the younger ones. I could spot some teary eyes.

Joy, Jana, Jinger: So much baby shopping! Jana interview was intense. She has mad eyeliner game. One thing that bothered me is when she talked about how many other families told them that this had happened in their families too. Child sexual abuse happens, but it’s not common enough to be normalized and you shouldn’t find comfort in how many other kids are abused in different families. Some of the others mentioned how the last 4 months were the most challenging in their lives. Joy seemed super hurt by the whole ordeal. I never realized how much she was effected by it.

Anna: no interview yet, I guess we have to stay tuned.

1 minute ago, biblelandjunkie said:

what house does Jessa and Ben live in currently?  Is it the little one or the bigger one w/ the pool? 

They showed them in Josh's old house.

Just a question, if I remember correctly, didn't one of those Ashley Madison accounts come back to grandma duggars house? Did he open that account while he still lived there?  For some reason I think he did, if so this was going on for a very long time

1 minute ago, xlurker said:

Just a question, if I remember correctly, didn't one of those Ashley Madison accounts come back to grandma duggars house? Did he open that account while he still lived there?  For some reason I think he did, if so this was going on for a very long time

He sure as hell did! 

My summary of the events:

Ben and Jessa: Clearly on their honey moon phase. It was disgusting how ga-ga they got over each other. This special focused on just before the birth. Jessa and Ben talked about how hard it was to keep the gender a secret. No birth was shown. I guess they’re saving that for another episode. Or just couldn’t bring themselves to say Spurgeon on the air. The other girls made a big deal about shopping for the baby. I’m glad they didn’t tell the gender because they’re super obsessed with babies having gendered clothing. (No Jinger, you don’t need to buy a red bow to put on a football hat). They keep joking about how big the baby is going to be, but that’s not a clue to them to have a hospital birth I guess. 

During the interviews about the Josh scandals Jessa really blamed the media and emphasized how unfair and illegal the Freedom of Information act was. Jessa didn’t dwell much on it. She seems less affected by what happened. 

Jill and Derrick: The couple definitely seem less gushy than Benessa. They made tons of dumb jokes about changing diapers. Jill acts like she’s god’s gift to motherhood and gives Jessa a ton of advice on how to handle her birth, none of which involved the words doctor or hospital. They had a going away party where they showed a powerpoint of their vacation. They also drum up how dangerous and full of drug cartels Central America is. Derrick is such an awkward kid. He kept going on about his dental surgery and casually mentioned how sometimes he almost forgets Israel in the car and Jill has to remind him. He also bench pressed Israel which was hilarious.  

During the Josh interviews, Jill was very broken up. She described herself as a victim again which seems to contradict some of the other family members narrative that nothing happened. She also talked about how the tabloids were rubbing what happened in their face. I really do feel bad for her. She says she’s over it and has moved on, but it doesn’t seem like it. 

John David, Joseph, and Josiah: They only appeared in brief interviews, the cameras never follow their lives around. They were critical of Josh. John David said that he wanted to be a better role model for the younger ones. I could spot some teary eyes. 

Joy, Jana, Jinger: So much baby shopping! Jana interview was intense. She has mad eyeliner game. One thing that bothered me is when she talked about how many other families told them that this had happened in their families too. Child sexual abuse happens, but it’s not common enough to be normalized and you shouldn’t find comfort in how many other kids are abused in different families. Some of the others mentioned how the last 4 months were the most challenging in their lives. Joy seemed super hurt by the whole ordeal. I never realized how much she was effected by it. 

Anna: no interview yet, I guess we have to stay tuned.     

36 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

Every time I see footage of Bin I just cannot get over how unbelievably dumb he seems.

He's definitely a few tater tots short of a casserole.

he seems over his wife during the ths

33 minutes ago, goldfishgoddess said:

Jilly Muffy's only hopes to keep the series going (no more courtships or marriages on the horizon) is pulling the P card and getting pregnant again. The only problem is WE DON'T CARE.

they are saving that for special number 3

36 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

And this surprises us?

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see her till episode 3

20 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

If we all took a drink every time Jill said "like" in the past 90 minutes we would all have alcohol poisoning! 

So true. My mother pointedly asked if it would be added to next week's game. Bless her heart, she reminded me a handful of times to take a drink when I missed a cue. She laughed at me and said, "you're gonna be trashed by the end." And "hey it's the first ten minutes, don't chug it!" "This is Shadenfreude!" I remember shouting as more people started to cry.

so yeah, "like" will not be added to my list.

Aaaaaaand I drank through two mikes hard black cherries. ;) happy times, happy times. I had my alkyhawl and she her Diet Coke. 

Happy to report:  only TLC program ads + anti-bullying ad (poor Monty!) & Saiontz & Kirk legal ad.  That's it!  Way to go, FJ, for putting the pressure on TLC!!

Now I'm too lazy to turn the channel off of "Married by Mom and Dad."  Which is SOOO ironic -- we see how well that turned for Anna & Joshley.  *gulp*  These parents are getting on my nerves!

Archived