IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Duggar Special Sunday Dec 13 - Merge

HerNameIsBuffy

3 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

So true. My mother pointedly asked if it would be added to next week's game. Bless her heart, she reminded me a handful of times to take a drink when I missed a cue. She laughed at me and said, "you're gonna be trashed by the end." And "hey it's the first ten minutes, don't chug it!" "This is Shadenfreude!" I remember shouting as more people started to cry.

so yeah, "like" will not be added to my list.

Aaaaaaand I drank through two mikes hard black cherries. ;) happy times, happy times. I had my alkyhawl and she her Diet Coke. 

Yummy, mikes hard black cherry!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derrick's weight - I had jaw surgery 2 decades ago. They must put braces on before they do it because the jaw holds your teeth in. I was 122 lbs before surgery (tried hard for 4 weeks to gain weight before surgery, I gained 2 lbs). At 6 weeks post surgery when they removed the rubber bands keeping my mouth shut, I was at 112lbs. I was loosing so much weight that the last 2 weeks of my 6 week of rubber bands I had an ice cream shake with peanut butter, chocolate, strawberries and bananas, every night, trying to not loose too much weight. After surgery I was exhausted and in a lot of pain. I can't image if I had to take care of a wife with a horrible C-section and a newborn.

Hopefully, Derrick will gain some of his weight back and start looking better soon. But I worry about him doing that while being in central America.

The separate trailer that's airing now about Anna ... it looks as if she' hanging out in the girls' dorm room at TTH.
Seriously????  Why doesn't she rate a room of her own?

That poor woman.  Whether she realizes it or not, her life is ruined by "that pig she calls a husband."  Been there, barely survived that.  Pig has shown his true pig-ly colors -- and I see very little motivation for him to change. Knowing the pattern, he's probably just mad he got caught.

I was really moved watching JD. 

It was hard to see Jinger crying. Jana seems rather unable to express/process the emotions while on the air. Which is fine. 

They really don't need to be doing this. But they are used to being on Tv and I guess want to "explain" themselves now, and I guess, hopefully make money. Otherwise, why go public with more about their trainwreck of an older brother.

Poor sweet Anna. Worst for her. But of course she will stay/forgive/pray/stayforJeebus. 

But I feel badly for her. 

I had a friend in high school who had jaw surgery to repair a bad underbite.  He was a pretty husky guy before it.  When he finally came back to school after the surgery, he had lost so much weight I gasped.

I'm not sure why that broke Derick's jaw to extend his palette?  My daughter had a palette extender put in for her braces not her jaw broken.  Also Jilly muffin didn't have a problem when she met him why all that cosmetic work on his teeth?  He seemed healthy had some life in him now literally he looks like the walking dead.  Yes I know this type of thing can take a toll on people including husbands and boyfriends I've been thru this type of abuse and worse.  But he really doesn't look good especially under his eyes.  His eyes are sunken in, bags and swelling he has lost a ton of weight.  I don't understand how none of them see that and being in a third world country one illness and he is nothing but skin and bones to fight it.  I have to say Jill & Jessa have zero chemistry to carry a show.  They don't even appear to be friends let alone sisters.  Their conversation at the table while the guys were in the background were like when you meet the new moms for coffee after pre school drop off like they barely know each other

I'm tired of the cake boss as well dui under his belt but lets go on how dedicated family man with such a strong Italian family his commercial belongs in a duggar show

Yeah - there is NO way those two can carry a show or a series.  Hello, Duggars - pull the fork out.  You're done.

1 minute ago, pumpkie0 said:

I'm not sure why that broke Derick's jaw to extend his palette?  My daughter had a palette extender put in for her braces not her jaw broken.  Also Jilly muffin didn't have a problem when she met him why all that cosmetic work on his teeth?  He seemed healthy had some life in him now literally he looks like the walking dead.  <snip>

They aren't really saying why he needs to have his palette extended. My jaw was broke because of TMJ. My sister had a severe under bite and also had TMJ. I wonder if it was TMJ or the palette was affecting his breathing, etc.

2 minutes ago, pumpkie0 said:

...  I have to say Jill & Jessa have zero chemistry to carry a show.  They don't even appear to be friends let alone sisters.  Their conversation at the table while the guys were in the background were like when you meet the new moms for coffee after pre school drop off like they barely know each other

And then they look at them (Bin and Derrick bench pressing the Izz) like they're precocious children and so darned adorable. 

Scorecard:
Derick:  looks sicker than ever, pumps his son in the air for amusement, and actually believes his own PR that he is running a "ministry" in a ZOMG dangerous-azz foreign country.  Crouches over computer but really has no responsibilities.  Scarecrow-like and scruffy.

Jill:  Eats with her mouth open, looks strangely older and slightly haggard, still shucks out the "huh -huh -huh" laugh and overuses the work "like."  Still wringing her hanky over Josh and in denial over family's hypocrisy.

Jessa:  More boring than ever.  Bin must be wearing off on her.  The world owes her because she is pregnant and she knows the secret gender..   and you now know she's not got a lick of sense buying a solid white cloth chair for a baby nursery.

Ben:  He's going to be your baby daddy and he's got no job or personality.  We all marvel at his strange whipped around and pasted down hair cut.  Some of us wish we could slap the Spurgeon out of his brain now, before it's too late.

Jinger:  Her hair's brown but her skin is even more ginger.  She zings out some bad grammar and you know why maybe Boob hired a tutor for the Howlers.  She tries to be emotional but manages to be vapid like the rest.  Where has her spirit gone?

Joy:  At 18 you should be able to fly free from your brother's tragedy.   You should be in college studying and working on your own dreams.

John  David:  He has a job and his own life and it shows.  He stands up to his older brother, and serves as an honorable example to his younger siblings.  John David came off best of anyone in the show.

Jana:  The older, trapped sad sister with no life path of her own.  World weary without having lived in her own world.

Josiah:  Looking much older than his age, no mention of Marge or any future courtships.

Anna:  Being pimped by he show to help with ratings, because there is nothing there really.  We never see her rat of a husband on screen though everyone is talking about him.

Michelle and Boob, Josh, Grandma:  MIA

2 minutes ago, pumpkie0 said:

I'm not sure why that broke Derick's jaw to extend his palette?  My daughter had a palette extender put in for her braces not her jaw broken.  Also Jilly muffin didn't have a problem when she met him why all that cosmetic work on his teeth?  He seemed healthy had some life in him now literally he looks like the walking dead.  Yes I know this type of thing can take a toll on people including husbands and boyfriends I've been thru this type of abuse and worse.  But he really doesn't look good especially under his eyes.  His eyes are sunken in, bags and swelling he has lost a ton of weight.  I don't understand how none of them see that and being in a third world country one illness and he is nothing but skin and bones to fight it.  I have to say Jill & Jessa have zero chemistry to carry a show.  They don't even appear to be friends let alone sisters.  Their conversation at the table while the guys were in the background were like when you meet the new moms for coffee after pre school drop off like they barely know each other

Was your daughter an adult at the time? I have what's called an edge-to-edge bite, and because I'm an adult with hard bones I'd need surgery--including breaking my jaw--to fix it. (My dentist doesn't recommend it because of the potential for nerve damage, and the effects of my bite aren't bad enough that I'm willing to risk it.) If I had been diagnosed as a child/young teen, other means could have been used to correct it. I'm guessing that's why Derrick needed to break his jaw.

3 minutes ago, goldfishgoddess said:

Scorecard:
Derick:  looks sicker than ever, pumps his son in the air for amusement, and actually believes his own PR that he is running a "ministry" in a ZOMG dangerous-azz foreign country.  Crouches over computer but really has no responsibilities.  Scarecrow-like and scruffy.

Jill:  Eats with her mouth open, looks strangely older and slightly haggard, still shucks out the "huh -huh -huh" laugh and overuses the work "like."  Still wringing her hanky over Josh and in denial over family's hypocrisy.

Jessa:  More boring than ever.  Bin must be wearing off on her.  The world owes her because she is pregnant and she knows the secret gender..   and you now know she's not got a lick of sense buying a solid white cloth chair for a baby nursery.

Ben:  He's going to be your baby daddy and he's got no job or personality.  We all marvel at his strange whipped around and pasted down hair cut.  Some of us wish we could slap the Spurgeon out of his brain now, before it's too late.

I thought I was the only one who thought Jill looked haggered and unkempt and exhausted - they both look exhausted Derick and Jill. 

and she also seems like Michelle a lot more - which is weird 

Ben - they are just no words - he has turned into more of a child than I ever thought he could - seriously 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Jill - Now I think that we just have to understand that nobody is strong enough,

Huh? Josh wasn't strong enough, has nothing to do with everybody.

1 hour ago, Trynn said:

Buzzard, I don't know how you stand it. I'm bored just reading your recaps.

(Not to say that you're a bad writer, it's just that the Duggars are boring.)

And they are so repetitive! Why is Jilly the spokesperson? She couldn't be more inarticulate if she tried.

33 minutes ago, TheSilverTongue said:

Joy, Jana, Jinger: So much baby shopping! Jana interview was intense. She has mad eyeliner game. One thing that bothered me is when she talked about how many other families told them that this had happened in their families too. Child sexual abuse happens, but it’s not common enough to be normalized and you shouldn’t find comfort in how many other kids are abused in different families. Some of the others mentioned how the last 4 months were the most challenging in their lives. Joy seemed super hurt by the whole ordeal. I never realized how much she was effected by it. 

Anna: no interview yet, I guess we have to stay tuned.     

I'm sure she meant that people approached them talking about a family member who has cheated on their spouse or done something else immoral in that vein. As they took great pains to show us, child molestation is no big deal while cheating on your spouse is a vicious betrayal and a dagger through the heart of the entire family.

2 hours ago, Hermen-uetics said:

So far the girls during their individual talking heads are saying "we" felt or "our" future.   Girls you are allowed feelings, you can say I, me, my or mine!

I hate that group emotion thing they have going. Cult, no individual feelings allowed.

2 hours ago, FakePigtails said:

first commercial 8:16ish -

TLC preview about parents as matchmakers???

Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. birth injury lawsuits

I know it's been mentioned, but I've just now caught up. Still love that the law firm does birth injury suits... how perfect!!

So wait, maybe I'm missing something but did Derrick say he lost is job or he left his job? Reading through the thread I read "lost," but I guess I wasn't paying too much attention to that part of the show because I didn't catch that when I was watching. Makes a big difference!

Also, did anyone else catch that Jill appeared to be wearing loose-fitting pants in the scene where she and Derrick were eating breakfast and she was nursing Izzy? At least, I thought it was pants...

They knew this show sucked so purposely used the Josh story sprinkled throughout the whole episode because that’s all people wanted to hear about.

Jill thinking setting boundaries will stop someone from being unfaithful, sigh.

They are so boring.  Their only existence is having babies and without the distraction of the younger kids antics, TLC added storylines and trips this is a snoozefest.

They find it so difficult to speak straightforward and say what actually happened.  They just say scandal or situation.  I would be mad if my sibling cheated but the level of devastation from them is weird.

This scandal has brought them deeper into the cult.  It’s really an us against them mentality now.

They claim the media is intrusive yet they are pimping out the scandals for a tv show.

3 minutes ago, boston2495 said:

So wait, maybe I'm missing something but did Derrick say he lost is job or he left his job? Reading through the thread I read "lost," but I guess I wasn't paying too much attention to that part of the show because I didn't catch that when I was watching. Makes a big difference!

Also, did anyone else catch that Jill appeared to be wearing loose-fitting pants in the scene where she and Derrick were eating breakfast and she was nursing Izzy? At least, I thought it was pants...

I heard lost.  But I want to wait for the online stuff so I can listen again to be sure.

Archived