IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

Wow I'm calling it:

6 new grandbabies in 2018

Joy, Kendra, Jinger, Jessa 2x, Jill (she might get pregnant right around Joy gives birth; samuel is older 6 months now after all)

1 wedding: Josiah and Lauren

2 new courtships: Jedediah and JD

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH MY GOD NOOOOOO THAT BEARD REMINDS ME OF JOSH!!

Hopefully it goes better this time. Fundie guys who have had broken courtships/engagements tend to get luckier the second time.

I'm wondering if they aren't engaged already, and they didn't announce the courtship until they were engaged and things were in motion.  I wouldn't be surprised if they got engaged in Australia and if they did they could easily have an April wedding. They'd be pushing a 2018 baby probably not enough time.  

29 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Wow I'm calling it:

Joy, Kendra, Jinger, Jessa 2x, Jill (she might get pregnant right around Joy gives birth; samuel is older 6 months now after all)

1 wedding: Josiah and Lauren

2 new courtships: Jedediah and JD

Two for Jessa?  We don't even know if she's pregnant since Henry yet.  I do think she will announce soon, though.  I also think Lauren will announce before the year is out. 

28 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I really hope not. It took her a year and a half to get pregnant again after she had Izzy. After two C-sections in a row, it seems like she'd be ignoring all medical advice if she were to get pregnant again that soon. But we don't know why it took her so long to get pregnant with Sam - they could've been preventing, or it could have just been random chance. It's also possible they've changed their minds about certain things this time around. So you could be right. Which is scary.

It's also technically possible that Anna will give birth again this year, but pretty unlikely.

1 minute ago, JMO said:

Two for Jessa?  We don't even know if she's pregnant since Henry yet.  I do think she will announce soon, though.  I also think Lauren will announce before the year is out. 

Conspiracy theory: Jessa has known she's pregnant with twins for a while now, but has also known about all the upcoming pregnancy and courtship announcements from her siblings. She has been quietly waiting to announce her twin pregnancy until all the other announcements are out of the way, RIGHT before the new season starts, so that her announcement can be THE announcement. :P 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

She was completely surprised? And she agreed to a relationship that could lead to marriage? I would think she might have had a clue from his behavior towards her....as in his attention to her, more conversations, etc.

That seems odd to me. 

I thought the exact same thing. If you are agreeing to courtship in this system, it is very likely going to lead to a very quick marriage (because they usually do), I would think there should be enough interaction prior that the request doesn't come out of left field. 

It doesn't bode well. But I agree with those who think the marriage will come ASAP as they don't want the bad look of another failed courtship. Not just for Josiah, but for any of their kids. If courtship is foolproof, then it should never fail. 

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m guessing they’ll be engaged before the end of April and married before the end of August. I could be completely wrong, but the Duggars don’t waste much time after announcing a courtship. 

My guess is engagement by late March with a end of June/Early July wedding and a baby announcement by Thanksgiving.

Just now, louisa05 said:

I thought the exact same thing. If you are agree to courtship in this system, it very likely going to lead to a very quick marriage (because they usually do), I would think there should be enough interaction prior that the request doesn't come out of left field. 

It doesn't bode well. But I agree with those who think the marriage will come ASAP as they don't want the bad look of another failed courtship. Not just for Josiah, but for any of their kids. If courtship is foolproof, then it should never fail. 

I mentioned this earlier, but I thought she was pretty clear that she was surprised that he chose that specific time and place to ask - not that he asked at all. She was out for a “girl’s night” and didn’t expect to see him then.

And to whoever mentioned them wedding planning around due dates - best bets would be May and August. Joy is due next month, Kendra is due mid-June to early July, and Jinger is due sometime in July. If they go with August then JinJer might opt not to attend - it would depend on when she’s due and when the wedding would be. 

Although, Joseph got married about a week before Mason was born. So it’s possible they may not consider due dates much when they’re planning.

I could not imagine trying to plan a wedding around when any of my siblings are due to have a baby when I’m one of 19 kids and babies just keep coming!

I'm voting V-day engagement (or possibly already engaged), announced before the season premiere in February. So far, Duggar engagements have lasted from 11 weeks 2 days to 15 weeks. So, I'll guess the wedding will be in May or early June, probably May 12 or May 26- they won't want to compete with the royal wedding on May 19.

I can’t see Jinger missing his wedding considering how close they were or was that Joe?

21 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I thought the exact same thing. If you are agreeing to courtship in this system, it is very likely going to lead to a very quick marriage (because they usually do), I would think there should be enough interaction prior that the request doesn't come out of left field. 

Well, Princess Eugenie claims to have been surprised too and they've been together umpteen years! Lol But, ya--"ya think??"

I wonder if anyone will interview Marjorie for her comments? And how does Courtship gal #2 feel about getting a guy's heart with pieces missing? 

And YUCK on the beard--he just needs a beer junk food gut and he'd be Josh, Jr.

Now on babies etc: the obvious ones, plus Jill's next, Jessa's next, new sprog started on wedding night for Josiah and Lauren (Yes, I bet he actually proposed in Aus but they can film it without anyone being wise--probably why they did the trip!)

Courtship--How about a double-twins, double wedding to blow ratings up? Jana/John marry brother/sister twins and Jed/Jer marry sisters??

April wedding at the earliest. March is too early to throw together even a parking-lot-reception fiasco. They may want to wait for her to turn 19 in May. Although this crowd seems to be embracing the idea of marrying them off young more and more.

Will they get an extravagant foreign honeymoon like everyone else?

I also echo those who bring up the due dates and wedding planning.  Since she's from Georgia I wonder if they'll get married there? If so I could see them getting married in May to avoid travelling that close to a due date.  Also calling for a Valentine's engagement 

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Sweet Baby Jesus, he looks like Josh to me. And sounds like him, too.  Though less smug in looks and tone.  He's a kinder, gentler Josh?

Josh is a reprehensible, but I really wish we would stop comparing Josiah to Josh and inferring that he's going to be the same asshole. (I'm not directing this to you Fortress...everyone in general...I've seen the comment all over)  Yes, they look alike. With that many kids and all of them with the same two parents, some are going to look alike -- some more than others. I don't think its fair to compare Si to his scummy older brother just because they bear a close family resemblance.  I might not like the way they do things or agree with many of their beliefs, but that's unfair. 

32 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I'll guess the wedding will be in May or early June, probably May 12 or May 26- they won't want to compete with the royal wedding on May 19.

Maybe they'll marry on 5/26, Joy's 1st anniversary.:pb_lol:

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

Maybe they'll marry on 5/26, Joy's 1st anniversary.:pb_lol:

That makes it easier for JBoob and Michelle to remember...

Lauren is gorgeous!! She reminds me of some celebrity, but I can't think of who. Most beautiful Duggar or in-law to date, in my very humble and subjective opinion. I hope she and Josiah are very happy together........because they'll be married for life in 3...2...1... :pb_rollseyes:

22 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Either way, it seems that Pickles' super secret ultra exclusive anonymous source isn't so exclusive after all. As usual.

I say HA, HA, HA and HA!  I get tired of her "i know more than anyone" and "I'm smarter than everyone" attitude. 

Wow. Lauren is incredibly pretty.

My money's on a May wedding. Joy will have given birth, and Jinger, Kendra, (likely) Jessa will still be jestating. I wonder if there will be three pregnant attendants in the wedding party for this one. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Lauren's mom is also pregnant, so possibly a pregnant matron of honour? If fundies have superstitions about these things, I can imagine them believing that all the pregnant people in the wedding party will deliver some kind of arrow production mojo to the SiRen quiver. Then again, she's 18, so barring any fertility issues she has many babymaking years ahead of her.

Sigh...

i think that Lauren mom is due around the same time as Joy... so there will be two newborns in the front row at the wedding plus at least 2 pregnant attendance at the wedding very easily 3 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

OH MY GOD NOOOOOO THAT BEARD REMINDS ME OF JOSH!!

Hopefully it goes better this time. Fundie guys who have had broken courtships/engagements tend to get luckier the second time.

Yeah, it's the weirdest thing.  It's almost like....having failed relationships can be ultimately beneficial because it's a learning experience that shows you what works for you in a partner AND what parts of your own character could use improvement.  But nooooo, dating is BAD. :pb_rollseyes:

Seriously though, I too wish Josiah the best.  I can't imagine the humiliation of a very public failed courtship.  I hope he found his Whitney. 

25 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I also echo those who bring up the due dates and wedding planning.  Since she's from Georgia I wonder if they'll get married there? If so I could see them getting married in May to avoid travelling that close to a due date.  Also calling for a Valentine's engagement 

No!!!! I don’t want a Duggar wedding anywhere near my state, let alone in it.

12 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Lauren's mom is also pregnant, so possibly a pregnant matron of honour?

I believe she is due around the same time as Joy, so that would only happen if it were a super-quick engagement and wedding.

I'm going with the thought I posted earlier that they filmed the proposal in Australia so no one would see and know who they are.

And, it will be the season finale--wedding next season??

But I really hope he shaves!

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived