IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

2 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

well there could be worse like...having a baby when your mother is having a baby too...you know when you start having babys around 19 is easy that sooner or later it will happen, i could easily see joy or Kendra end up in that situation

That happened to Josh and the Duggars with Mckynzie and Jordyn (or was it Josie?)

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gillyweed said:

That happened to Josh and Michelle

I'm sure it will happen to Joy and Jill too. Oh. You mean breeder mom, not sistermom. Gotcha.

The 21-year-old Counting On star is courting 18-year-old Lauren Swanson, they tell PEOPLE exclusively.

I first read that as them telling PEOPLE that they are courting exclusively, as opposed to an open relationship where they could still see other people. :pb_lol: Now that would be startling coming from a Duggar!

2 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

That happened to Josh and the Duggars with Mckynzie and Jordyn (or was it Josie?)

It was McKynzie and Josie, Jordyn was just born when Josh and Anna announced their pregnancy and Michelle went on about how exciting it was for Jordyn and her granchild to be so close in age. McKynzie is two months older than Josie.

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I first read that as them telling PEOPLE that they are courting exclusively, as opposed to an open relationship where they could still see other people. :pb_lol: Now that would be startling coming from a Duggar!

Now that would make Counting On interesting!

7 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My friend's son received his bride's purity ring just before their wedding. As a gift.

So weird. It's such a literal and creepy way of symbolizing and drawing attention to female virginity.  

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

This is why I came over here, they were on the front page of the people website.

a) Someone's looks doesn't define them.
b ) We are on this forum for intelligent and respectful discussion.
c) The teen bride thing irks me. 

I know a couple that have been married since 20. They are still married now (18 years later) and have always worked hard and supported each other 100%. They have had every opportunity and have studied for better employment and more comfortable lives. While 20 is young, it doesn't bother me because they still lived their lives and didn't get bulked down with child after child and cult like religion.

I think I said this in another comment, but I want to be clear just in case - the fact that they’re young bothers me because of the number of innocent kids they could potentially bring into this cult.* It’s absolutely possible for couples who marry young to grow together and enjoy a very healthy marriage. I wish Josiah and Lauren were able to have the opportunities your friends had prior to and early in their marriage. Hopefully SiRen are happy and they stay happy for the long run.

*I know there are a lot of factors that influence fertility, age is only one of them, and is in no way a guarantee anyone will be able to have children. Just wanted to add a disclaimer. :) 

19 minutes ago, hasunah said:

I know it's normal around fundie circles but this is still creeping me out . Getting married while your mother is having another baby 

Lol, I agree, but my mother was on baby number two when my grandmother had her last. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I can't imagine they're already engaged if they just started courting a couple weeks ago.

That's assuming Pickles' info is right and they only began courting a couple of weeks ago. The People article doesn't mention when they started courting.

What is known about her parents? Names? Ages? Sibling names and ages? Links? I've read a little on here about a lawnmower, but I'm missing the details. Thanks in advance. 

9 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

What is known about her parents? Names? Ages? Sibling names and ages? Links? I've read a little on here about a lawnmower, but I'm missing the details. Thanks in advance. 

Father is Dwain Swanson, I believe he’s about 42. Mother is Lana, not sure of her maiden name or age. They have eight kids including Lauren, with another due in late February or early March. I haven’t been able to find out her siblings’ names or ages.

Re: purity rings getting passed down, just EWWW! Husband gets his wife's purity ring when they marry, which indicates the passing of her hymen from father to new headship. Then new headship passes it on to their first daughter, so he can be the keeper of her hymen until she's auctioned off. Sick, sick, sick...

The only ministering these husband and wife teams will be doing is in the missionary position making babies for the Jesus borg.

New forum title request Josiah and Lauren: Siduggar Rejoins the Ranks of the Side Huggers.

Did Lauren's family have a blog, fb page something? i mean if he ministers so many man ad everything... plus isn't a ministry opportunity? or some crap like that 

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Huh. She's attractive enough, but I don't find her "pretty" in my judgment. Something about her reminds me of Jill...

I think Jinger and Jessa are the two prettiest Duggar women (born or married into). :) 

She's way out of Josiah's league.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. Jessa is beautiful but Jana to me is by FAR the most beautiful Duggar.

50 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My friend's son received his bride's purity ring just before their wedding. As a gift.

Woah woah woah... that's either as icky as I think or I'm missing something... ew

19 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Did Lauren's family have a blog, fb page something? i mean if he ministers so many man ad everything... plus isn't a ministry opportunity? or some crap like that 

https://familyconferences.org/speakers/dwain-swanson/

https://embassymedia.com/speaker/dwain-swanson

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Polyamory takes a lot of work and clear, open communication. Despite their awful beliefs, I also find these reasons as to why Duggars would be very bad at it... :P

50 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Woah woah woah... that's either as icky as I think or I'm missing something... ew

Oh, it's that icky.

It was accompanied by a letter, explaining that God had kept her virginity for him, etc.

My friend shared it on her blog. I died of embarrassment for the whole famdamily. 

Curious how you guys pronounce the name "Lauren". For me, it's always been 'LOR-en', but others (including Josiah) pronounce it more like 'LAH-ren'.

Her family (and thus she by extension) is deep into ATI, they're likely going to be enmeshed AF in the cult, but they just look so damn happy that I can't help but feel a little happy for them. 

I hope the kids get her hair. 

56 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh, it's that icky.

It was accompanied by a letter, explaining that God had kept her virginity for him, etc.

My friend shared it on her blog. I died of embarrassment for the whole famdamily. 

Think I need a minute... gahhh. Was this "gift" from the bride or her father? 

Maybe this has been covered, as I'm late finding out the news, but, he seemed so low key chill in this announcement video, and I think that may also seem why it seemed different than other announcement videos.  Plus, he's not an eager like 19 year old or however old he was when he was briefly with Marjorie.  Idk, that was just my observation 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived