IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

35 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I also echo those who bring up the due dates and wedding planning.  Since she's from Georgia I wonder if they'll get married there? If so I could see them getting married in May to avoid travelling that close to a due date.  Also calling for a Valentine's engagement 

Georgia May would be a nice name for their first daughter.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to say a late May or early June wedding. I'd expect that would be the latest Jinger would be willing (and more importantly able) to travel.

I think that we'll get a super quick engagement announcement. Because of Josiah's prior failed courtship I am pretty sure they held off on announcing this until it was basically a done deal.

Early summer wedding, like beginning of June. Pregnancy announcement in fall, baby to follow early in new year. 

I don't see Anna or Jill announcing pregnancies until the second half of this year at the earliest. 

I can't imagine they're already engaged if they just started courting a couple weeks ago.

I never pictured Josiah getting married. For some reason in my mind he's still about 14.

This is going to sound weird and somewhat creepy, but the first thing I noticed about the third picture is that they both have cute butts. 

This is the second courtship for Josiah, who was previously in a 4-month-long relationship with Marjorie Jackson.

“Marjorie and I had a good time together,” he said back in March 2016. “We were just trying to follow God’s lead on everything. She didn’t feel that it was the right timing then, so we called it quits for a bit.”

I thought it was really interesting that the People article mentioned Marjorie. Also I don't remember hearing the story, so it sounds like Marjorie ended things (did we know that for sure?) with the nice Christianese "God is telling me its not the right time." And then it was never the right time.

In terms of Marjorie's feelings about his new lady, I think she is just fine at her accredited college with her book deals.

2 hours ago, kachuu said:

There was something odd about this announcement. I can't put my finger on it.

Maybe it's that she's more confident in front of the camera at this stage than either Anna or Kendra were?  Maybe you were going in an entirely different direction but she doesn't seem as young (even though she's only 18).

Just now, Cheetah said:

Maybe it's that she's more confident in front of the camera at this stage than either Anna or Kendra were?  Maybe you were going in an entirely different direction but she doesn't seem as young (even though she's only 18).

Yeah, I agree with this. She seemed very calm and unruffled, whereas Kendra and Anna were both bug-eyed, nervous, giggly, jumpy, and clearly trying to figure out how to relate to the cameras, which is totally natural and understandable. Maybe Lauren's more reserved and quiet, or maybe she's just not prone to nerves.

11 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I can't imagine they're already engaged if they just started courting a couple weeks ago.

Anything is possible.

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

This is going to sound weird and somewhat creepy, but the first thing I noticed about the third picture is that they both have cute butts. 

You made me go back and look. :my_blush:

Every time one of them gets married - I think "aww man! Live a little! Get a job that you didn't get through Daddy, that isn't real estate or selling cars." Go - BE. DO something... and then get married.

It's just a foreign concept to me that these people are likely going to be parents in a year... Just... gah.

Just now, eveandadam said:

Anything is possible.

In the words of Captain Jack Sparrow, "Not probable." (But you're right.)

24 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I think that we'll get a super quick engagement announcement. Because of Josiah's prior failed courtship I am pretty sure they held off on announcing this until it was basically a done deal.

Early summer wedding, like beginning of June. Pregnancy announcement in fall, baby to follow early in new year. 

I don't see Anna or Jill announcing pregnancies until the second half of this year at the earliest. 

Totally agree: I think it will be quick to get to engagement so there is less of a chance of her backing out. Even if she does at that state it'll be borderline impossible.

50 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Josh is a reprehensible, but I really wish we would stop comparing Josiah to Josh and inferring that he's going to be the same asshole. (I'm not directing this to you Fortress...everyone in general...I've seen the comment all over)  Yes, they look alike. With that many kids and all of them with the same two parents, some are going to look alike -- some more than others. I don't think its fair to compare Si to his scummy older brother just because they bear a close family resemblance.  I might not like the way they do things or agree with many of their beliefs, but that's unfair. 

Bold mine.

I know that you weren't calling me out specifically, but I truly was just struck by how much they look alike.  Tone is hard to convey in posts.   I hadn't seen a picture of Josiah in a while, or one that I noticed . . . (the boys after Jinger, before Jackson sort of blend together for me).  Seemed like a normal thing to say.  This kid looks like that kid or that one looks like mom or dad.  I don't understand how that is a bad thing to say?  Wow Lisa really looks like Bart!  I never implied that he was going to turn into an asshole like Josh. Just that he does (to me) look like him, but kinder & gentler & less smug. 

If I'd said he looked like Joe or JD would that have been ok?  (AGAIN, tone here--this reads sarcastic and flip, but I am genuinely asking.)

Just now, ariel9 said:

Also his poor hairline :my_sad:.

When I saw the picture that was my thought too. At this point, I think I would let it go and just buzz my hair bald.

I'm going to be an outlier and guess a mid September wedding. That gives Joy, Kendra, Jinger, and possibly Jessa, time to lose the baby weight. I don't think Anna or Jill will be pregnant this year. They're both on track for fall of 2019 if their current spacing means anything. Of course, Joy might be pregnant again by September, but fingers crossed, only barely. That's my great Duggar hope at the moment. A nobody-is-pregnant September wedding.

1 minute ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I know that you weren't calling me out specifically, but I truly was just struck by how much they look alike.  Tone is hard to convey in posts.

I totally understand...:-)  and I wasn't directing it at you...My apologies!  They  DO look a lot alike...I guess I've seen other posts where they say things like "Smuggar Jr." and "he looks shifty" and "a younger josh" and it just seemed unfair to say simply because of the physical resemblance, that they resembled each other in their actions. YOU didn't infer this...the thought just came to me on that particular post.  I guess I feel the same way when other people post things like "so and so looks shifty...I can tell by his beady eyes"  "or so and so looks like an abusive wife beater".....we are assigning labels based on looks.  

I agree...tone is hard to convey in posts.... :my_shy:

1 minute ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I'm going to be an outlier and guess a mid September wedding. That gives Joy, Kendra, Jinger, and possibly Jessa, time to lose the baby weight. I don't think Anna or Jill will be pregnant this year. They're both on track for fall of 2019 if their current spacing means anything. Of course, Joy might be pregnant again by September, but fingers crossed, only barely. That's my great Duggar hope at the moment. A nobody-is-pregnant September wedding.

That would be sublime (in the words of Michael Gary Scott)

But a nobody-is-pregnant wedding is NEVER going to happen with these fools. 

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Well, Princess Eugenie claims to have been surprised too and they've been together umpteen years! Lol But, ya--"ya think??"

I wonder if anyone will interview Marjorie for her comments? And how does Courtship gal #2 feel about getting a guy's heart with pieces missing? 

And YUCK on the beard--he just needs a beer junk food gut and he'd be Josh, Jr.

Now on babies etc: the obvious ones, plus Jill's next, Jessa's next, new sprog started on wedding night for Josiah and Lauren (Yes, I bet he actually proposed in Aus but they can film it without anyone being wise--probably why they did the trip!)

Courtship--How about a double-twins, double wedding to blow ratings up? Jana/John marry brother/sister twins and Jed/Jer marry sisters??

They went to Australia because JimBob and Michelle were doing stuff for IBLP. There is absolutely no way they’d all go on such a big trip just so Josiah could propose. 

15 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I guess I feel the same way when other people post things like "so and so looks shifty...I can tell by his beady eyes"  "or so and so looks like an abusive wife beater".....we are assigning labels based on looks. 

This calls to mind . . . decades ago, my mom was picked to be on a jury trial for a man accused of rape.  She was always shocked that she was picked because she had 4 teen daughters at the time.  Anyway, they did convict him & I guess the guy really was guilty, evidence showed.  But she did say that she thought he was guilty by looking at his shifty eyes!  That is sort of awful when you think about it. :5624795a281c1_32(24):

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived