IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

Wow he looks just like Josh!  They seem happy so good for them.  They will be engaged by April and married by July.  His surprise sounded a lot like Josh’s surprise proposal.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a video? The People article just played a couple annoying ads and then started a video about the Turpins when I tried to watch it. Damn.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

There's a video? The People article just played a couple annoying ads and then started a video about the Turpins when I tried to watch it. Damn.

Same! Lol! 

The video is on the Duggars’ website too. I was able to watch it there. She definitely has the fundie adoring gaze down, but I noticed him looking at her with a similar look too. They seem comfortable enough together to me though. 

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

There's one on the Duggar website: http://www.duggarfamily.com/2018/1/josiah-and-lauren-are-courting

Personally, I thought Josiah didn't seem excited or in love at all, but maybe that's just because of the whole Marjorie backstory.

This video is so completely different from the one of him and Marjorie.

Alert sucked all the fun out of him and he got a much more boring girl.

I can't get the video to play either (via Chrome or Firefox). Gonna try Safari. BRB

OK - got it to go on Safari on my phone. He looks really uncomfortable. She giggles (just a little).

I got the video to play on my phone.

Not sure about whether Josiah's not happy. I think it's possible he's just mellowed out since his late teens. Lauren also seems pretty calm and even-keeled in the video, so it's possible he's taking some of his behavioural cues from her.

31 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Thanks @VelociRapture and @DillyDally, but I can't get the video to play on the Duggars' website either! I wonder if it's blocked in Canada for some reason.

Because Canada looks out for their people and doesn't let them see Duggar trash? :P 

So, engaged by April, wedding mid summer, is my guess. Given his past, they are going to want to lock this down quickly. 

I don't know why, but Josiah looks like Heath Ledger in that pick to me, though not nearly as attractive. 

She was completely surprised? And she agreed to a relationship that could lead to marriage? I would think she might have had a clue from his behavior towards her....as in his attention to her, more conversations, etc.

That seems odd to me. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

She was completely surprised? And she agreed to a relationship that could lead to marriage? I would think she might have had a clue from his behavior towards her....as in his attention to her, more conversations, etc.

That seems odd to me. 

I think they meant she was surprised he asked her when he did, not that he asked her at all. She was out for a “girl’s night” or something and wasn’t expecting him to show up. 

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

March wedding. December baby.

They are just courting so Ima say March engagement June wedding and March 2019 baby.

5 minutes ago, kachuu said:

There was something odd about this announcement. I can't put my finger on it.

She's only 18 and younger than Marjorie. But Si is only 21.  I'm also betting Si is nervous that Joshly won't keep it in his pants until Si puts on a ring on it and she will back out as well.

Since she always finds the saddest person in the room did she single out Si and his missing heart piece? :pb_lol: 

Am I the only one who thinks this will be a "short" courtship? I'm calling an engagement Valentine's Day or before the new episodes start.

2 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Am I the only one who thinks this will be a "short" courtship? I'm calling an engagement Valentine's Day or before the new episodes start.

Me too for Valentine's Day engagement. i think they want to seal the deal pretty soon given Si past failed courtship, and i could also see a 2018 baby if they rush 

OMFG. He looks just like Josh, and his balding is getting worse :my_confused:

I watched the video and got flashbacks to the Josh and Anna courting days.....*sigh*

Also he is SO awkward in describing "is this one, the ONE?!" and you can tell the whole process is very mechanical, but then, after Marjorie, if I were Josiah, I wouldn't want anymore mistakes!!! God it must be so insanely frustrating. JimBob and Michelle are SICK. Now with Amy's comment about how she knows her siblings are "KEPT busy", makes me hate them even more for how much they've stunted their kids.

Also, I love how the Duggar theme plan for the guys picking out people to marry is now to choose the youngest, least educated, most sheltered, most similar possible candidates they can find.

It's disgusting.

Marjorie, you dodged a massive bullet.

1 minute ago, Tangy Bee said:

Courtship length seems variable with them, but I'm guessing this will be a shorter one, given that Josiah's not a teenager, he's had a previous failed courtship, and they've known each other for a long time. Once they're engaged, the engagements only seem to last 2-4 months. 

If I go by Joseph's timeline (Joseph was around the same age as Josiah and Kendra was around the same age as Lauren), Josiah and Lauren will get engaged in late March and will marry in early July.

Sweet Baby Jesus, he looks like Josh to me. And sounds like him, too.  Though less smug in looks and tone.  He's a kinder, gentler Josh?

I really, really hate the words court, courting, and courtship.  Just bugs the crap out of me for no reason in particular that I can pinpoint.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Courtship length seems variable with them, but I'm guessing this will be a shorter one, given that Josiah's not a teenager, he's had a previous failed courtship, and they've known each other for a long time. Once they're engaged, the engagements only seem to last 2-4 months. 

If I go by Joseph's timeline (Joseph was around the same age as Josiah and Kendra was around the same age as Lauren), Josiah and Lauren will get engaged in late March and will marry in early July.

This.

I can also see taking into account Jinger and Kendra's due dates. With at least 3 and possibly 4 (we don't know about Jessa), I can see looking at baby dates at least a bit to hopefully prevent someone from delivering just before or at the wedding. That's logical to me, but I know these are the Duggars we're talking about.

She seems more at ease than Marjorie ever did. I just remember one pic from the Josiah/Marjorie days and they both looked SO awkward and uncomfortable.

I hope they ACTUALLY get to know each other. He seemed like he MIGHT have gotten away but now he's just going to popping out babies with a sweet fundie girl.

But I'll agree with whomever said something seemed off about it.

I’m with those who believe this will all happen quickly. I think we’ll get a V-Day engagement (announced in time for the season premiere) and a wedding in early May.

15 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Me too for Valentine's Day engagement. i think they want to seal the deal pretty soon given Si past failed courtship, and i could also see a 2018 baby if they rush 

I agree with you but I think they would marry in mid-April at the earliest, so no 2018 baby unless they have a premie.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived