IGNORED

Message from the ABC girls!

mango_fandango

My mom and I used to have a great time planning our birthdays together, too. She loves planning parties in general and it was such a great momento for us to bond. :( But that's too much time away from focusing on Stevie/God. 

He sounds like a cult leader.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to the birthdays, my oldest granddaughter and I have birthdays a day apart.  We love to plan out what we are going to do to celebrate.  I can't imagine not wanting a celebration and being made special for a day.  

So the birthday child gets excited about the big day.  That's what happens Steve.  It's normal, and after the birthday things go back to normal.

I think that is the problem. I don't think Steve wants them to be excited about anything except Jesus & reading the Bible. 

http://www.swiftotter.com/

Although the swiftotter site has been cleansed of the blood of Jesus, Joe still gives a testomony on the stackoverflow site that is linked to the about us section.

I am a Christian who desires to please Jesus in everything that I say and do in life. As such, this is my theme verse for my questions and answers on this website: "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" (Colossians 3:23).

I watched it with the sound off.  Tina is so adorable and a real spitfire.  She can hardly sit still and she makes so many funny faces.  Abby, on the other hand, is almost unnaturally still.  She is only 7 but she acts like she is 12 or more.  Too sedate for such a young girl.

Definitely. My nephew is 6 and has the same speech issues and he goes to therapy twice a week. My aunt, who is a speech therapist, has told me that there's a small window for completely correcting "r" issues. 

The one thing I hold out hope for is that Maxwells don't seem totally against medical intervention. Mary had braces. So Abby might have a shot at getting some help in that area. I'm wondering if because the Maxwells are so isolated they don't realize her speech is slightly off. 

And in total agreement with everyone else that Tina is ridiculously cute. 

I believe all the Maxwell kids had braces, actually.  There was a blog post a million years ago when they were still building the house Ma and Pa live in now and the kids were all standing in a row peering out from between vertical support boards that would eventually be a wall (sorry, I don't know construction terms).  A blog poster asked how they got so lucky for such straight teeth and Stevie replied something to the effect that they'd spent a lot of money at the orthodontist.    I just think it was so long ago not many photos exist of the older kids with braces.

The girls are all so cute.  Poor Abigail seems a bit dead in the eyes, though.  I guess she's finally realized what life has in store for her.  Sigh.

That was my introduction to Maxhell. *shudder*

That was my introduction to them as well. That post is golden.

My mom and I used to have a great time planning our birthdays together, too. She loves planning parties in general and it was such a great momento for us to bond. :( But that's too much time away from focusing on Stevie/God. 

He sounds like a cult leader.

If I remember correctly, didn't Teri once write that she would cancel the kids birthdays if they go too excited about them?

If I remember correctly, didn't Teri once write that she would cancel the kids birthdays if they go too excited about them?

I'm not sure but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. 

So that was basically a fundie infomercial for "Making Great Conversationalists"?

Abby looked petrified to me.  I also love how she had to lean over and whisper to Christina whatever it was she was supposed to say.  Spontaneity, thy name is not Maxwell.

@Lillybee yes, she did... 

Anyone have the link to this dentist post? 

http://articles.titus2.com/whose-mouth-is-it/

http://articles.titus2.com/whose-mouth-is-it/

Thanks, Sparkles! 

Um, wow... I'm speechless. :pb_eek: Steve really knows how to blow things out of proportion! There's a whole lot of crazy in that post! 

So that was basically a fundie infomercial for "Making Great Conversationalists"?

Abby looked petrified to me.  I also love how she had to lean over and whisper to Christina whatever it was she was supposed to say.  Spontaneity, thy name is not Maxwell.

Seriously? She looked like an older sister trying to be "grown up" and coaching her younger siblings.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Abby looked petrified, but she did seem nervous. It could have been that she realizes there will be a lot of people watching the video, so she cares more about getting it right, whereas her sisters are little and don't really understand what's going on. Abby probably knows the video is for Grandma and Grandpa's website, so that gives her additional reasons to be nervous.

The first young presenter videos featuring the ABC girls is up. Bethany talks about her maths flashcards.

I don't get these videos. Why would anyone watch this? Bethany is super cute, but a kid rambling about something is not interesting to anyone outside of their immediate family, most of the time.

It has the potential to be kind of interesting, but maths flashcards?? Seriously?? *snore*

I'm sure this is mainly a lead-in to Sarah's new book series and maybe to support a relaunch of the homeschooling books for the next generation 

Also it serves as busy-work for an under-worked family, and is a way to keep Nathan's family away from Mel's heathen relations on a Friday night.

Archived