IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My experience was in middle school. We saw human body parts in jars, and a guest came in and took them out and showed them to us. I can't remember her job title, so I don't know if she was in the medical field or something more scientific.

The one I remember most was the brain. They had it slices like bread into five slices so we could see the inside. We couldn't touch or handle them, just watch them.

This was when I was in 7th grade, which was the 2005-2006 school year, so it wasn't too long ago.

A different experience I had was in London - they have a museum that specializes in anatomy abnormalities. It's called the Hunterian Museum and one exhibit was the body of a man who was over 7' tall!

ok google was no help. What is "pigs of the Soap Lady"????

Sorry about that, it was a typo on my part. I meant to say that I've seen pig dissections, and then pics of the soap lady.

Here's a link that tells all about her:

muttermuseum.org/exhibitions/the-soap-lady/

My experience was in middle school. We saw human body parts in jars, and a guest came in and took them out and showed them to us. I can't remember her job title, so I don't know if she was in the medical field or something more scientific.

The one I remember most was the brain. They had it slices like bread into five slices so we could see the inside. We couldn't touch or handle them, just watch them.

This was when I was in 7th grade, which was the 2005-2006 school year, so it wasn't too long ago.

A different experience I had was in London - they have a museum that specializes in anatomy abnormalities. It's called the Hunterian Museum and one exhibit was the body of a man who was over 7' tall!

Omg, I am currently visiting London and leaving after one more full day. You just completely rearranged my whole plan for the day.

Omg, I am currently visiting London and leaving after one more full day. You just completely rearranged my whole plan for the day.

Haha awesome! If I remember correctly it was pretty central, so hopefully you can still do everything else you want to do!

Sorry about that, it was a typo on my part. I meant to say that I've seen pig dissections, and then pics of the soap lady.

Aw, I was hoping it was a real thing :(

I would have proposed "Pig of the Soap Lady" as a new post count title in honor of this epically drifting thread.

Why does the soap lady look like she's screaming?

Maybe it's the way the muscles in her face pulled back in death, or it had something to do with the environment she was buried in. I'm not clear on the details as to why she looks like she's screaming, but I always found her face to be...unsettling, to say the least.

Maybe it's the way the muscles in her face pulled back in death, or it had something to do with the environment she was buried in. I'm not clear on the details as to why she looks like she's screaming, but I always found her face to be...unsettling, to say the least.

Our muscles relax at death. I believe upon embalming nowadays the jaws are wired shut and the lips gently glued. I can't remember what they used to do in the good ol' days to keep the jaw from falling.

She is in essence just chillin' like a good adipocere mummy. Yay!

This thread did not go where I thought it would go. Yowza! :D But on the flip side, I have learned many new things today!

This thread did not go where I thought it would go. Yowza! :D But on the flip side, I have learned many new things today!

I've enjoyed it - more like a conversation at the coffee shop than something focused and intense. 8-)

So, Jinger and Lawson aren't courting?

the jury is way out on that one

The Duggars' Cirrus plane flew from Springdale to Jacksboro, TN, which is close to the Bates' house. Maybe Jinger is visiting?

I'm calling it. Jinger and Lawson are courting. And I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Joseph/Tori courtship.

What? So we're back on topic now? I was really enjoying the drift. :-)

In that case, I am glad that Jinger has is getting out of the house and making her awesome faces again instead of just the sad ones we saw for a while. And if sparks are flying with Lawson, I'm glad that they are getting to know each other for a while without publicly committing to a courtship (and an expected marriage and babies to quickly follow). And that if Lawson DOES end up marrying her, he will likely retain his own family association much more than Dimwald or Dullard did (as those two practically just got absorbed into "the Duggars").

I'm still hoping for the unlikely grand escape and the Bates are deep in ATI, but still better than her sisters did, imo.

What? So we're back on topic now? I was really enjoying the drift. :-)

In that case, I am glad that Jinger has is getting out of the house and making her awesome faces again instead of just the sad ones we saw for a while. And if sparks are flying with Lawson, I'm glad that they are getting to know each other for a while without publicly committing to a courtship (and an expected marriage and babies to quickly follow). And that if Lawson DOES end up marrying her, he will likely retain his own family association much more than Dimwald or Dullard did (as those two practically just got absorbed into "the Duggars").

I'm still hoping for the unlikely grand escape and the Bates are deep in ATI, but still better than her sisters did, imo.

So if Ben is Ben Bob/Dimwald and Derick is Dullard, what will Lawson's nickname be? Master Bates?

The Mutter Museum in Philadelphia is awesome!!! I took a morning off of going to a conference so I could go there instead. Seriously fascinating. They have a huge collection of skulls, bones, a giant cabinet of things taken out during surgeries. Definitely not everyone's thing, but I really liked it.

Lawson looks just like Kelly.. and Jinger was obviously sitting right next to Lawson, making the video. Courting= obvious.

Lawson doesn't seem all that talented, but the move gets Jinger away from TTH and closer to an artistic crowd where she could make use of her photography skills. They'll be so busy trying to get his career going and working/ traveling that a huge brood would not be in the picture.

I can see why she'd take a shine to Lawson. He's definitely miles cooler than the boys in Arkansas.

I kinda feel bad for jinger. She could actually do something with her life instead of waiting for daddy to marry her off. If it's a courtship, we all know Jim Bob is going to announce it in a few months. Then next year marriage and babies.

A Duggar/Bates match just might get the Duggars back on tv or get the Bates knocked off tv....again.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived