IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

From the photos I've seen Jinger in in the last year or so it looked like she was seriously into someone else, not Lawson. Weird...

Oh well, with the evidence now looming, I call it too: Jinger and Lawson. Still weird though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem like the social ties are being loosened a little, maybe w/Dillard/Seawald influence. Football has never been an interest before.

At least the kids are doing what we did in Jr. HS; "group dating." JB would be horrified if he knew that's what it was. Let's tell him! :o 8-)

As with all of them, if it's not what she wants, I'm sad for her. After all these years I wonder what was the impetus that got them together if it is fact, true. If it's what they both want then I am happy for her/them!

if lawson and jinger truly like each other for their own reasons, then great for them. i hope they are happy.

but if they're being pushed together for reasons of convenience, then no, i am not happy for them.

i think it'd be kinda cool for them to be together, jinger could go off with lawson to nashville and be his official photographer. they could work as a team.

I worry that if Jingy and Lawson really do get married, they'll always be broke, and this even before they start having kids. He's known as Bank of Lawson for a reason - Lawson's the one always buying food to feed his siblings.

I don't really see that changing just because he acquires a wife.

I know a lot of people don't like Lawson (I'm neutral on him because I haven't seen much of him), but he would be 1000 times better for Jinger than so many fundie guys. Can you imagine her with someone like David Waller, or some goon who wants to be a televangelist, or a John Schrader, or a Maxwell? Lawson seems capable of having fun, joking around, and he obviously cares about things other than Jesus and Gothard. She'd be able to tag along with him on his musical career and wouldn't be stuck in the middle of nowhere all the time. Plus, there are far worse families a fundie could marry into than the Bates family. If she has to marry a fundie, Lawson would probably be about as good as it gets for her.

I know a lot of people don't like Lawson (I'm neutral on him because I haven't seen much of him), but he would be 1000 times better for Jinger than so many fundie guys. Can you imagine her with someone like David Waller, or some goon who wants to be a televangelist, or a John Schrader, or a Maxwell? Lawson seems capable of having fun, joking around, and he obviously cares about things other than Jesus and Gothard. She'd be able to tag along with him on his musical career and wouldn't be stuck in the middle of nowhere all the time. Plus, there are far worse families a fundie could marry into than the Bates family. If she has to marry a fundie, Lawson would probably be about as good as it gets for her.

Yes to all of this. And it seems that Lawson has an income, such as it is, with the lawn care business. I don't think that just because the Bateses said he helped them out once necessarily means it was an ongoing thing or that they're taking money from him that should be going to support his own future family.

I'm with Singsingsing. She could do a heck of a lot worse in their universe. She would have a lot more freedom than she does now if she were with him. No way would he move to Arkansas so she would be the first Duggar daughter to actually move away. I believe that his parents may have encouraged him to give her serious consideration. Jinger may have had a crush on him for a long time, who knows. In any case, I think she looks far from miserable so I don't get the negativity towards this possible relationship. Hope it's true!

A Duggar/Bates match just might get the Duggars back on tv or get the Bates knocked off tv....again.

Errr... The Duggars are back on TV. What was described as three specials focusing on Jill and Jessa is now being called "a series of specials" in some media. (Yes, three is a series, but usually too small to count. :) )

The more courtships, marriages and babies, the more likely the fans are going to want to forget all that "unpleasantness" about Josh. (Doesn't every family have a black sheep?) :angry-banghead:

Problem is, there's evidence that suggests that Lawson has been supporting his family for sometime. And he's been doing it for a lot longer than I thought, since he was 13. :(

abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-family-20-relies-thrift-teamwork-make-ends/story?id=14364190

I do wonder how it would work if he did get married?

Now with the show the Bates are in a much better financial position and wouldn't need to rely on Lawson's income, so this is a perfect time for him to start focusing on himself.,

ugh I'm so sick of hearing "lawson's Music career in Nashville"

I have lived here for almost 3 years now and have NEVER seen his name pop up on any music spot's bill. :angry-banghead: it's just another Jill midwife thing in my eyes.

That's true, the money from the show should be decent enough to where they wouldn't need to rely on Lawson so much.

I always liked the one event where they were in a meeting (maybe for church) and Gil told Lawson he and the family were coming to visit him. Lawson yelled back, "Bring food!"

Problem is, there's evidence that suggests that Lawson has been supporting his family for sometime. And he's been doing it for a lot longer than I thought, since he was 13. :(

abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-family-20-relies-thrift-teamwork-make-ends/story?id=14364190

I do wonder how it would work if he did get married?

Eh, I feel like this is one of those things that they mentioned once and FJ got fixated on it. Kind of like James and the third grade math flashcards. YMMV on both of those, but I feel like they've both been given more weight than they deserve. :)

I don't know if I copied this right, but apparently John, Jinger and Joy were at a Razorbacks game in Knoxville TN and hung out with the Bates and Joseph.

http://duggars-bates.tumblr.com/post/13 ... nger#notes

Wait I thought Joy was supposed to be on a "mission trip" with Jill and Derrick? I'm not caught up on the Dillard's thread, did I miss something?

Wait I thought Joy was supposed to be on a "mission trip" with Jill and Derrick? I'm not caught up on the Dillard's thread, did I miss something?

Jill and Derrick came back from the mission trip about a month ago for Amy's wedding and for Jill's midwife stuff. They are about to go back

How could Lawson be viewed as a worse choice than Ben? Ben was an unemployed much of the time, teen who basically stalked the Duggars.

I never would have guessed Lawson was Jinger's type. A bit weird that they now go for it after having known each other all these years, but if that's what they want, I'm happy for them.

From what little I've seen of him, I like him, I never felt he was cocky or only in love with himself, if that's the case it must be a recent development because he seemed like a sweet teenager.

Lawson erased the tweet :think: . I think they're courting.

If Jinger and Lawson are courting:

1. Whick network will air the wedding? I think both TLC and UP will have VSE for the wedding. If the Duggars and the Bates have to choose, I think TLC will air the wedding. I don't think the Bates would fight it. No one has the UP network.

2. Jinger and Lawson will live in Tennessee. The Duggars have said that some of their kids will move away when they married. I don't think Jim Bob will force Lawson to live in Arkansas. Plus, Lawson has a lawn care business(?) in Tennessee.

3. Would this count as Jinger escaping? My answer is no, but some think Jinger marrying Lawson and moving to Tennessee is an escape.

I don't know why it would be weird to go out with someone you've known for a long time. It used to be that the vast majority of people married people they'd known all their lives. Hell, it used to be that the vast majority of people married their 2nd or 3rd cousins. :lol:

Before we jump the gun and assume it's a courtship, keep in mind that Jinger is apparently really close to Joseph. It's not outside the realm of possibility that she keeps showing up with the Bateses because she's visiting Joseph. But yeah, at this point it looks pretty suspicious. If they don't confirm or deny it soon, someone's going to find out for them.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived