IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

I don't think Jill's rush to the altar was as rushed as it seemed on TV. I sort of think they knew of one another longer than it was let on.

I also really think Derick is sincere in his feelings for her and I think she was encouraged by her dad and trusting to fall in love with Derick. In this instance, perhaps, JB really did know best, because it seems like they are a good match.

That being said, Derick is disappointing to me as young man, who had some worldiness, and life experience, and just shedding all of that to essentially become a Duggar. I get it, He lost his father, his mother was ill, so the appeal of a big "happy' family with a strong father figure may have been very influential on him, but I feel like he has just fallen in step with the Duggars.

Now and again, I see some glimmers, such as in the good bye video when he seemed to protectively wrap Jill up in his arms to keep JB at bay, but then now it appears as if that whole dramatic "good bye" was bogus, given they have spent more time on US soil than they have in Central America, since they left. So then I go back to the fact that Derick has adopted the attitudes, and ease with lying to the public the same way that JB has.

Derick is young, so there is hope he will eventually figure out that he has married into a cluster fuck. But as long as they have money rolling in from specials and magazine covers, his motivation to use his head is not going to be very strong.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I'm saying is, adolescent Jinger--the one who's on-screen contempt inspired "Free Jinger!"--wasn't so different in on-camera personality from Jessa, and yet the difference in how they were/are perceived is huge. There's a reason for that, and since their looks is the one obvious difference between the two...

I've just seen it way too often, where a beautiful woman has to be perceived as meek and sweet or else get hit with the "smug bitch" label. I don't think that's a coincidence.

I think the difference might be social media and the way it gives us a glimpse of the 'ugly side' of their personalities (although a lot of it is that ATI programming).

It was easy to enjoy Jinger's eyerolls and 'I'm so done get me out of here' attitude when you couldn't log onto Instagram after the show and see her comparing abortion to the holocaust and grifting away.

I don't think Jill's rush to the altar was as rushed as it seemed on TV. I sort of think they knew of one another longer than it was let on.

I also really think Derick is sincere in his feelings for her and I think she was encouraged by her dad and trusting to fall in love with Derick. In this instance, perhaps, JB really did know best, because it seems like they are a good match.

That being said, Derick is disappointing to me as young man, who had some worldiness, and life experience, and just shedding all of that to essentially become a Duggar. I get it, He lost his father, his mother was ill, so the appeal of a big "happy' family with a strong father figure may have been very influential on him, but I feel like he has just fallen in step with the Duggars.

Now and again, I see some glimmers, such as in the good bye video when he seemed to protectively wrap Jill up in his arms to keep JB at bay, but then now it appears as if that whole dramatic "good bye" was bogus, given they have spent more time on US soil than they have in Central America, since they left. So then I go back to the fact that Derick has adopted the attitudes, and ease with lying to the public the same way that JB has.

Derick is young, so there is hope he will eventually figure out that he has married into a cluster fuck. But as long as they have money rolling in from specials and magazine covers, his motivation to use his head is not going to be very strong.

Sometimes I wonder if Derick has really no choice but to do what his wife and her family want. Forget headship and transfer of authority and patriarchy BS, anyone who marries into that family should expect that the Family Brand is the most important thing. Whatever plans he has or had are going to be put on the backburner especially now that the show is cancelled. Anything to keep the old gravy train going in some shape or form even if it's a one-time special is his wife's and in-family's priority and he has no choice but to go along. I wonder if he's waking up to that fact.

Anyone else see this yet?

What is one trait you hope your children will inherit from Ben?

Jessa: Most of all, I hope that our kids will inherit Ben’s love for people and his compassionate heart. His heart truly aches when he sees people going through a difficult time, and he hurts with the hurting. He is especially alert and attentive to the emotions of others. Often times, he’s calling people on the phone or writing notes of encouragement and support to those in need. His love for people is so deep and genuine. He desires to share the hope of Christ with those who are lost. He draws inspiration from studying the Bible, and he has the heart of an evangelist. His heroes are men like Charles Spurgeon and Paul Washer, and he is constantly reading books and listening to sermons. His passion for the Gospel is so inspiring, and he continually motivates me to draw closer to Christ!

duggarfamilyblog.com/

Re the bolded statement: Sounds suspiciously like co-dependency to me, where Ben needs to focus on other people's problems, perhaps to the point of making them his own problems. "Love for the lost" sometimes translates into needing to maintain a certain number of train wrecks in your life in order to find meaning and purpose. It's a major issue for people who feel drawn to the helping professions. Do any of the 19KC episodes give much information about Ben's family? I've wondered about his background ever since I read his father's blog in support of, then denouncing, Josh.

On the family website it says that Ben's dad was a auto glass tech too. I wonder if Ben had to help out the family with money.

*edit because English word order is confusing.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I seem to remember that Jessa was courting with Ben (not sure of the syntax of the sentence) when Jill flew to Napal to meet Derrick. I also remember Jessa being bitchy and unhappy during the season of Jill's wedding, probably because she had to wait till Jill was married to have her engagement and wedding. She also, it seems, put of announcing her pregnancy until after Jill delivered Izzy. :shifty-kitty:

Is this is fundie thing that the oldest goes first or was it a TV thing :mouse-shock:

Perhaps I am mistaken, but I seem to remember that Jessa was courting with Ben (not sure of the syntax of the sentence) when Jill flew to Napal to meet Derrick. I also remember Jessa being bitchy and unhappy during the season of Jill's wedding, probably because she had to wait till Jill was married to have her engagement and wedding. She also, it seems, put of announcing her pregnancy until after Jill delivered Izzy. :shifty-kitty:

Is this is fundie thing that the oldest goes first or was it a TV thing :mouse-shock:

That's right. I even remember an episode where she turned to Ben and said "are we engaged" during the talking heads. This seemed strange to me, as surely you should know whether or not you are engaged. This was around the time Jill's wedding preparations were in full swing.

On the family website it says that Ben's dad was a auto glass tech too. I wonder if Ben had to help out the family with money.

*edit because English word order is confusing.

I read that his dad worked very long hours to support his family, but I can't imagine him spreading his salary to cover 9 people.

Has this article been posted?

EXCLUSIVE: Jessa (Duggar) Seewald and husband Ben Explain How They Save Money

The 22-year-old reality star and her husband have caught some flack recently for their employment status. While the couple stand to make some money from the upcoming TLC special documenting the birth of their first child, due in November, Ben has bounced between careers and currently works for Jessa’s father, Jim Bob Duggar, doing odd jobs.

A source told ET that Ben even considered pursuing acting at one point :roll:, but now has his sights set on going to seminary school to become a pastor -- a move that might even take the couple away from their family in Arkansas.

"Our plan right now is to stay in Arkansas," Jessa said. "Ben's seminary that he's looking into, if that requires us to move then we might eventually move. But for now, we're in Arkansas."

"We're still in the planning stages," Ben added.

Check this out! Certain media just can't keep up with the negative comments..

inquisitr.com/2455243/jessa-duggar-seewald-pulled-from-facebook-due-to-duggar-family-scandals/

Check this out! Certain media just can't keep up with the negative comments..

inquisitr.com/2455243/jessa-duggar-seewald-pulled-from-facebook-due-to-duggar-family-scandals/

"No chemistry" sounds about right.

I mean, tbh Jessa and Bin seem more evocative of a middle school boyfriend girlfriend thing than a married couple.

But I also love how knees showing makes it a short skirt. Gurl. I wear skirts and dresses shorter than that like every day. In fact, I could wear something even shorter than that to a business casual type thing and not be reprimanded for my skirt being too short.

Guess Smugessa isn't having twins. She and Bin are planning a homebirth. Hope she's more educated about it than Jill was. :angry-banghead:

With Jill as the midwife,

camera pans to jill holding the baby "Hey I'm having your next cousin"

Since she has appearances in a couple different states in the next couple weeks, I wonder how she is going to handle the flying, most airlines require a docs note at this point, not sure if a mid-wife note would qualify....

BEN AN ACTOR HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Don't make me laugh! You need to be flexible and open minded to act. Can't get into silly arguments over things on set either. I do Extra work on a certain tvshow that comes on ABC at 10/9 C and having a 10+ hour day isn't out of the normal. I don't see any of the Duggars being able to do it.

like, you can, like, totally, like, see her knees, like totally even, like, a few inches, like, above them

You know its bad when you start counting how many times someone says "like" when they're speaking. Ben: 14 times, Jessa: 4 times. They're like, ya know, totally like ummm teenagers :doh:

At least he was honest about not falling in love with Jessa right away. What he forgot to include was that he stalked her and that both of his testicles were screaming, "ME FIRST!"

And I loved how Jessa included that lengthy laundry list of times she and Ben had gotten together before he confessed his love. Almost as if she was trying to justify their time together and the amount of time she felt it should have taken him to decide (sooner rather than later).

Sheesh, he's all but admitted there that his "love" for her was tied up in his reproductive organs.

All these articles and the tmz video are certainly eye opening.

Ben as an actor - I have no words - just do commercials and voice-overs :D I do love his voice

Moving away - do they allow wives in seminary homes :D or more off campus living - which costs more money

I loved the TMZ video - made me laugh

sure they save money - especially if they ask for endless stuff :D HELLO

as for the non chemistry in public - I am in the bank of them purposely doing that - to avoid looking all loveydovey because that is how they get attention - they want the remarks

and in the article where ....even less between Jessa and the audience.....

pure and simple Jessa is indifferent - and because she refuses to show her true true self - she has become someone who is stunted and can't show her true self (does she to Ben?) - and that's coming from me :D

unless her true self is just a sarcastic self

Watching that clip made me sad. I teach undergraduate college students, and 22 is just about when I lose them to the Wild Blue Yonder. They're so amazing, 22-year-olds: funny, opinionated, eager, terrified, determined, silly, idealistic, smart, creative, emotional. No matter how close we've gotten over the course of their college careers, they pull away a little, and I'm always happy to let them launch.

That young woman could have been all those things, but the intellectual curiosity has been systematically stamped out of her. And now she's trying to be a person and she doesn't have the tools to make herself into one. The best she can do is make the outside look pretty and hope no one notices that she has no skill set.

First of all, we know that they got married because they wanted to screw. So now that they have and created the first of their quiver, the entire operation has lost its magic.

Second, I would think that chemistry requires some sort of personality. Neither Jessa or Ben have any personality. This is mostly a fundie thing. ATI and the Pearls basically exist to beat any traces of uniqueness out of a child. There are fundies with personalities that survive, but Jessa and Ben are voids of personality. Their only interest in life is Jesus. So what if they know nothing about each other? They know that the other one loves Jesus and that is all that matters to fundies.

Archived