IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

Hey now...I said Bin'd be BETTER OFF at it. Never said he'd be good at it.

I mean, bad is good if you're coming from horrible.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A source told ET that Ben even considered pursuing acting at one point :roll:, but now has his sights set on going to seminary school to become a pastor -- a move that might even take the couple away from their family in Arkansas.

JMOO some pastors pursue plenty of acting :shrug:

I didn't watch their courtship/wedding episodes but if Ben's top 2 career choices are actor and pastor I would wonder if he chose to be infatuated with Jessa because she could get him on TV talking about his godliness.

JMOO some pastors pursue plenty of acting :shrug:

I didn't watch their courtship/wedding episodes but if Ben's top 2 career choices are actor and pastor I would wonder if he chose to be infatuated with Jessa because she could get him on TV talking about his godliness.

The male version of Marjorie-

The male version of Marjorie-

actors and pastors are basically the same thing

and he isn't allowed to become an actor via Jessa - although I bet she would secretly love it

then being a pastor is the next best thing

the only down thing would be - he would have to cover up those muscles :D

I've never heard of Ben wanting to be an actor before this. I'm not sure how accurate that source is. These American evangelical churches do seem to prize charisma (or their slightly deranged version of charisma) over all else, though, so he better get working on that.

He'd probably be better off modelling than acting. Jessa too.

Not a chance. For either of them. I used to be a model - mostly Nike and Adidas for a number of years. There's no way those two have the discipline - among other things - to be successful in the industry! Perhaps they could do some small commercial stuff like Fred Meyer ads but that wouldn't pay enough to be worth it.

Come on, none of us really knows how smart anyone else is. But you're welcome to keep calling her stupid, and I will keep defending her.

I really do think that Jessa is obviously intelligent (as far as Duggars go). She speaks coherently, is highly organized (NOT easy when you have 18 siblings and two absentee parents), and seems to be a competent writer just judging by her preachy Facebook statuses. That doesn't mean I think she's always right or a loving person, but come on. Compare her speaking, writing, and mannerisms to Jill, Ben, Moochelle, Jim Bob, Derick, even Jinger or Erin Paine...Jessa's not a dummy.

well she posted a video like Jill's baby seewald is moving

and the results are in re baby names

none of the names I suggested

Results:

58,350 Girl

23,158 Boy

17,999 Boy/Girl twins

8,608 Twin Girls

3,096 Twin Boys

Top 5 Boy Names

Luke

Zachary

Sawyer

Noah

Benjamin

Top 5 Girl Names

Savannah

Sarah

Olivia

Rachel

Hope

I do like the name Noah and Sawyer - for boys

and Savannah for a girl

all the other names I don't like

Jessa's not a dummy.

Makes it more tragic for her in my eyes that her intelligence has been wasted on brainwashing and being handed over to the hands of a dimwitted husband she must obey.

When I think about all the dreams these kids are not allowed to dream, I feel so incredibly sad. We snark on them as individuals but they are, in the end a product of their environment. Every true thought is immediately squashed as "satan building a fortress."

Sigh.

Did anyone see that video Jessa posted on social media? of her belly moving? I think it is slightly creepy.

I actually think it's really cool, but I'm not easily creeped out, haha.

Before I had a child, I was always creeped out by stuff like that. And the idea of it happening inside ME some day was almost enough to send me into a panic attack. Thankfully, when it finally did happen to me...it wasn't creepy at all.

Oh God. Don't give them any ideas.

Next on the Seewald agenda: design their own line of modern modest clothing and insist on being the ones to model it.

And they could call it Project Runaway and have all the other Duggirls on!

I think it's the coolest thing ever! I can't wait for it to happen to me! BUT, I can wait long enough NOT to pull a Lori Alexander.

Makes it more tragic for her in my eyes that her intelligence has been wasted on brainwashing and being handed over to the hands of a dimwitted husband she must obey.

When I think about all the dreams these kids are not allowed to dream, I feel so incredibly sad. We snark on them as individuals but they are, in the end a product of their environment. Every true thought is immediately squashed as "satan building a fortress."

Sigh.

I'm always reminded of one of my favorite riffs from Mystery Science Theater 3000, when they were watching a 1950s short about family dinners:

"Father, I had a feeling today."

"Well, don't, son."

Ben's sister Jessica posted this picture of her boyfriend on Instagram. She says she doesn't "do courtship," and, when prompted whether her parents mind, she replies "I haven't lived with my parents for a long time." I think that's interesting, since she doesn't say "No, my parents respect my choices as an adult" or something like that. She just says that she doesn't live with them (implying that her parents do not exactly approve?). (It's also funny how she says that she hasn't lived with them for a long time. Girlfriend turned 18 this year, so how long could it really have been?)

34h89cl.jpg

Another time she posted that she doesn't "do side hugs." However, she is still a very vocal conservative christian (hates Obama, abortion, gay rights/loves Kim Davis). It appears she is not estranged from her family but has had periods of strain with them.

Jessica Seewald having periods of strain with the Seewald family is really normal for someone her age. Teenagers frequently hate their family.

Also, I think it's unfair that we compare Jessa to the non-courting J'Slaves in terms of intelligence. Jinger may be smarter than we think, but doesn't post things on social media, or maybe is really bad at speaking... I mean...

Hannie was the only one that ever presented to me as being exceptionally bright, but that was when she was really young, and I think her parents did a pretty solid job of snuffing that out of her as time went on.

I have moments where I want to like Ben's sister, Jessica, like in this post. I hope she gets completely away from the fundie lifestyle. I didn't care at all for her defense of Josh's molestations and her self-absorbed stories of her mission trip.

If she could get away from the lifestyle and look at her former way of life with a more objective, mature, critical eye, though, she just might be okay. And have some interesting stories for us.

The latest buzz over on the TLC page is that Jessa made and shared a Walmart Baby Registry with her fans, in case they want to help her "welcome" their new baby. She's cleverly disguised it as J & B's registry.

She has asked for a Razorback "display" helmet and a 32 GB white iPod.

And a selfie stick. Cause it's never too early to teach them how to pout and click...

walmart.com/lists/view-baby-registry-items?id=02ec866b-9a2c-433f-b6cc-49b522f10df3

There is no way that Jim Bob doesn't already have all that baby gear stashed in a warehouse somewhere for both Jessa and Ben when Baby Seewald is born.

Did they delete the ipod? I don't see it anymore.

The latest buzz over on the TLC page is that Jessa made and shared a Walmart Baby Registry with her fans, in case they want to help her "welcome" their new baby. She's cleverly disguised it as J & B's registry.

She has asked for a Razorback "display" helmet and a 32 GB white iPod.

And a selfie stick. Cause it's never too early to teach them how to pout and click...

walmart.com/lists/view-baby-registry-items?id=02ec866b-9a2c-433f-b6cc-49b522f10df3

Wow. just wow.

Yes, Jessa, your baby totally needs a Razorback display helmet and an iPod touch. Get a grip.

I am also surprised at the amount of toys, but no clothes? I noticed a lot of the stuff she asked for was pretty pricey too.

I have nothing against registries in general, I just love snarking on these ones because they are so ridiculous.

http://www.people.com/article/people-magazine-home-donald-trump-family

Jessa got her little face on the corner of the cover. It is kinda funny juxtaposed with the Trump family. Wonder what info she shared to People?

Isn't it interesting that on the People cover she's still called Jessa Duggar (not Seewald)? I guess that whole transfer of the headship thing isn't so important when there's money to be made/grifted.

Archived