IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

Apparently, coming out against Jessa speaking at conferences = Internet Trolls LOL

thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/191147/jessa_duggar_attacked_by_internet

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They probably already have a Walmart-full load of clothes for babies.

And don't tell me they don't already have strollers/cribs and Ipods :roll:

Most of this stuff can be sold on eBay. These are "highly resell able goods." Clothing doesn't keep its price as well for resale. (This information comes from someone I know that makes a living of buying stuff and reselling on eBay.)

Edited because resellable came out as resealable.

That article left out the part where Jessa defended Josh on Megyn Kelly, and insisted that everyone who was molested by Josh was either asleep or unaware of what he was doing to them. Both of them insisted on speaking for the other victims, when they had not right to do so because their experiences did not and should not reflect those of the others.

THIS is why people are coming out against both Jessa and Jill in droves. Lordy, it makes my head spin when I think that neither one of them would be going through this right now if they had simply refused to talk about Josh. Both of them could have abstained from appearing on the Megyn Kelly show, and then issued some sort of vaguely worded statement to the effect of, "This was a very painful time in our lives, and now we wish only to be left alone to heal and move on." Do either of those Duggar women have any idea how far that would have gone toward keeping pretty much the entire known universe completely on their side?

Words, they have meaning. Jessa and Jill went on national television to defend an exposed child molester who victimized them, and they should have expected some backlash, even if they had decided that they've forgiven Josh and moved on with their lives.

I still would love to know how much of that was their idea, or if Jim Bob and Michelle just completely strong-armed them into doing the interview. Wasn't just the Duggar parents that came off all wrong.

Edited to add a thought.

I didn't see the Bratz doll on their before. Hilarious! She does kind of look like one.

I wish they'd put up a real registry. I'd love to see what people end up buying them.

They did ask for gift cards to Walmart and Target. That may be all they do publicly this time. Who said this was their wish list anyway?

I remember how carefully I packed for my hospital birth - including some music that was supposed to be soothing/relaxing. I didn't use any of it. Of course, everyone is different and you just don't know til the time comes, what your birth experience will be like. What I mostly remember is walking around a lot, chatting with the nurses and my doula, and just wishing things would hurry along. And then once things got going, it was all about getting that baby delivered.

But as to Jessa's wish list - I think it's in poor taste to ask for something as expensive as an iPad, or for something your baby will need months or even a year down the road (like a larger baby carrier). I did a gift registry too, but I had a dollar limit = I asked for nothing that exceeded a certain dollar amount. But when your prime role model is a father who takes grifting to a whole new level, I am not surprised.

ETA: Ha! That'll teach me to post without making it through to the very last post. And how sad that the hoax registry list didn't seem at all an unsurprising thing for Jessa to do.

But whatever you pack, do it early! I went to a regularly scheduled appointment at the hospital at 28 weeks, and didn't leave til 10 days later after my kids were born! Had no bag, nothing. My mom grabbed some clothes for me to wear home when I was released and while I will give her benefit of the doubt that she was distraught by the shitstorm of a situation it was, she grabbed the most ridiculous things and I looked like a homeless person that day. She brought one of those tank tops with a built in bra, like skin tight on a non-pregnant woman nevermind someone who had twins a few days prior!!! Capri pants, despite it being December in New England. And a huge sweater that didn't match anything. Oy. So glad there are no pictures.

I packed a pair of jammies with a duckie for my daughter. It was 0-3 months so logically I thought it should fit. She was 7 pounds 14 1/2 pounds but that was too big. Luckily, the hospital had a inside that fit they gave her. It had cupcakes and I still have it somewhere.

I packed a pair of jammies with a duckie for my daughter. It was 0-3 months so logically I thought it should fit. She was 7 pounds 14 1/2 pounds but that was too big. Luckily, the hospital had a inside that fit they gave her. It had cupcakes and I still have it somewhere.

I remember thinking the newborn sized sleepers I brought seemed tiny so I packed a couple 0-3 as well. Yeah...he was 7 pounds 13 pounds, 21 inches long, and he had plenty of room in the NB one.

I had had preterm labor and still didn't really pack a bag, I went to an appt and they let me go home to grab my husband and a bag. I don't even think I brought my poor kid an outfit, if I did it was newborn, which didn't come close to fitting. The nursery had several outfits for him thankfully plus they had to be able to accomodate IVs and cords.

I think you have nailed it. The more I look at the list, the more comical it seems to me. 1800 size 4 diapers?

Given how ridiculous the items on Jill & Derick's real registry were, Jessa's fake one seems entirely plausible.

Given how ridiculous the items on Jill & Derick's real registry were, Jessa's fake one seems entirely plausible.

Especially given the fact that most of Izzy's stuff, including the glider chair, are likely shoved in some storage unit invested with Gothard only knows critters-

I love how earlier today, Jessa posted a photo on Instagram and talked about how the guy in front of them in drive-thru paid for their coffee. Well...I don't think they realized that it's common courtesy to then pay for the people behind you. Originally her post mentioned not having to pay a dime!

But then when people on Instagram commented on how the whole "pay it forward" thing works...she deleted the not paying a dime part from her post. Ha!

That's not really common courtesy where I'm from... often people will pay it forward, but it's not really expected, or considered rude if you don't.

You are not required to pay it forward when it happens, but if you brag about not doing it you deserve to get called out. Unfortunately, I think Smugs V2 is too sheltered to realize that she was bragging about being a dick.

How was she bragging about not doing it? She was saying someone else did something nice for her. Come on.

How was she bragging about not doing it? She was saying someone else did something nice for her. Come on.

I didn't see the post before the edit, but based on what ClaraOswin said, she made a whole post about getting free coffee. What is the point if not to point out that she got something free? Also, the idiom "not paying a dime" is braggy in my opinion. Look at the free thing I got.

You are not required to pay it forward when it happens, but if you brag about not doing it you deserve to get called out. Unfortunately, I think Smugs V2 is too sheltered to realize that she was bragging about being a dick.

I'm just more annoyed that there was barely a word of gratitude to the nice person who bought them a coffee, and instead a wall o' text about how getting free coffee is totally like Jesus dying for your sins. I know that a lot of people see examples of their faith in everyday occurrences, but you couldn't write a simple "Some guy in front of us at the drive-through bought us a coffee! Thanks Guy In Front of Us! We're definitely going to pay for the person behind us"?

It's one thing to be "blessed" when someone pays for your groceries or some other expense if you are someone who's going through a tough time financially, but really, I never got the Starbucks deal. For me, Starbucks is definitely a luxury not a necessity and if I was told that the previous car paid for mine, I'd pass it along, that's just me. Of course, if I truly was feeling a pinch in my wallet and found myself depressed and wanting to treat myself to a Starbucks and then someone paid for it, I would be happy and humble and most likely not broadcast it to the world. Again, that's me.

The fact that these two greedy fame-whores happily announced it to the tune of "Jesus providing salvation through coffee" makes me want to barf.

As a side note, Bin would make a cute barista.

For crying out loud!!! Someone giving you coffee is just like Jesus dying on the cross?!?

This is so classic. She is so used to getting free things it is seen as an entitlement and it doesn't even cross her mind to "do unto others..." This is what comes from growing up under the TLC spotlight. Her family got free stuff because of course god was rewarding them for being on TV and showing the world how to be the best kind of Christians. Everything was for show to put on the appearance of righteousness. They put more effort into crafting their image as virtuous people than actually BEING virtuous people. And for doing this they got fame, admiration, and tons of free shit.

So of course, what is Jessa's reaction to someone being generous? Oh, how can I use this to further spin my public image as someone who is always thinking about the teachings of Jesus. No Jessa, someone who actually aspires to "live as Jesus did" would have thought to pass on the generosity.

On a side note about the whole Starbucks pay-it-forward chain thing. It's funny, because when I hear about the ones that go on for days I always wonder about the person who broke the streak. I admit that I totally judge and assume most of the time it must be some scrooge. How hilarious to think of it being a Duggar. Fits perfectly.

On a side note about the whole Starbucks pay-it-forward chain thing. It's funny, because when I hear about the ones that go on for days I always wonder about the person who broke the streak. I admit that I totally judge and assume most of the time it must be some scrooge. How hilarious to think of it being a Duggar. Fits perfectly.

Maybe the person behind them was buying coffee for the whole office. :lol:

I have had it happen to me before, but I usually don't pay it forward right then, I do it the next time.... but it always happens of course.

I think Jessa just doesn't get it.... it's just about people trying to be nice to others, not about Jesus, Geez.

I just find it funny that it didn't occur to her to pay it forward. No, it's not mandatory to do so, and I don't think it's generally a sign of being a selfish asshole, but the utter cluelessness it takes to post about your free coffee without having any idea that it's actually a thing that's done fairly often... :lol: I can just imagine her, "Oh shit oh shit oh shit" reaction when she read the replies and realized she fucked up again.

I have had it happen to me before, but I usually don't pay it forward right then, I do it the next time.... but it always happens of course.

I think Jessa just doesn't get it.... it's just about people trying to be nice to others, not about Jesus, Geez.

Jessa's public persona is starting to grate on me - clearly she downplayed it on tv to a degree - but now you see the true Jessa which is a whiny, opportunistic woman - clearly her mother :D

I know those kind of people where everything is about Jesus and such and if you don't agree with them - you are wrong

I had a acquaintance who tried to preach to me ( and I don't discuss religious stuff on here because it's no one's business )

anyway this acquaintance always preached liked she was always the one to know everything -she went off to become a nun at the ripe old age of 60 and what happens three months later - the nuns send her back home

even the nuns couldn't take her blathering on

Jessa we get it - you think your above us - well you aren't

who knows why TLC is giving you a show - I bet it will last a year if that

I just find it funny that it didn't occur to her to pay it forward. No, it's not mandatory to do so, and I don't think it's generally a sign of being a selfish asshole, but the utter cluelessness it takes to post about your free coffee without having any idea that it's actually a thing that's done fairly often... :lol: I can just imagine her, "Oh shit oh shit oh shit" reaction when she read the replies and realized she fucked up again.

And just another example of why growing up very sheltered and then being on social media has it's downsides

Archived