IGNORED

Jessa Duggar Seewald Pt 5 - The Smug is Strong With This One

happy atheist

They probably already have a Walmart-full load of clothes for babies.

And don't tell me they don't already have strollers/cribs and Ipods :roll:

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The latest buzz over on the TLC page is that Jessa made and shared a Walmart Baby Registry with her fans, in case they want to help her "welcome" their new baby. She's cleverly disguised it as J & B's registry.

She has asked for a Razorback "display" helmet and a 32 GB white iPod.

And a selfie stick. Cause it's never too early to teach them how to pout and click...

walmart.com/lists/view-baby-registry-items?id=02ec866b-9a2c-433f-b6cc-49b522f10df3

Wow.... Wow!

She's asking for the crib! Really? She expects a leghumper to buy her a crib? She's also asked for three baby carriers, so that she, too can use them incorrectly.

Did anyone else notice that the onesies are "Sports" theme. Is that because she's having a boy, or because she's trying to throw us off?

I'm tempted to buy her something, just to see if I get a thank you note.

There is no way that Jim Bob doesn't already have all that baby gear stashed in a warehouse somewhere for both Jessa and Ben when Baby Seewald is born.

Did they delete the ipod? I don't see it anymore.

Nope - it's still there right below the $200 video baby monitor she needs. You know, since the baby's room is 6 steps from her couch and all. Hearing the baby ONLY? That's for amateurs.

I still can't get over the selfie stick. Baby Seewald will be pouting and clicking in no time!

I noticed the sports print swaddles as well. Hmm. Not a super "gender neutral" print. Definitely not something I see a fundie putting a girl in.

Prime example of why I hate registries -- because it seems these days that most people use them as The Ultimate Wish List rather than Things We Actually Need and Can Use. You know, go big or go home? Shoot for the moon because if you miss you'll land among the stars? Putting all the most awesome stuff on there pretty much ensures that you'll get more than the bare minimum. Ask for more than you need, statistically you'll get at least the minimum you need. "Let's put this super expensive item on there. If someone buys it for us, GREAT! If not, well, we still have this one from my mom n dad to use. Win-win."

iPod is probably for her labor tunes. I can't snark on that, it's actually a really great help while in labor.

Three baby carriers is too much though. One or two is just fine. (personally, I hate the crotch-dangler styles -- give me ergonomically-correct carriers or wraps any day!)

Wow. just wow.

Yes, Jessa, your baby totally needs a Razorback display helmet and an iPod touch. Get a grip.

I am also surprised at the amount of toys, but no clothes? I noticed a lot of the stuff she asked for was pretty pricey too.

I have nothing against registries in general, I just love snarking on these ones because they are so ridiculous.

honestly, I tell my new mom friends to never register for clothes, people buy those no matter what.

She's asking for the crib! Really? She expects a leghumper to buy her a crib? She's also asked for three baby carriers, so that she, too can use them incorrectly

And three baby carriers is nothing!! you need different ones in different situations :) (and ages)

*snip*

iPod is probably for her labor tunes. I can't snark on that, it's actually a really great help while in labor.

I cannot give her a pass on that one at all. We all know from the endless selfies that she's got an iPhone that she can use for her labor tunes - it works just the same. Although I totally agree that music is soothing and may be helpful during labor, asking for an iPod on a baby registry is frivolous and unnecessary. And selfish. Completely selfish. Buy your own iPod, Benessa. :roll:

I cannot give her a pass on that one at all. We all know from the endless selfies that she's got an iPhone that she can use for her labor tunes - it works just the same. Although I totally agree that music is soothing and may be helpful during labor, asking for an iPod on a baby registry is frivolous and unnecessary. And selfish. Completely selfish. Buy your own iPod, Benessa. :roll:

Unless her iPhone doesn't have much space (especially with all the selfies on it). She's likely looking at Jill's labor to compare, knowing she will need literally hours of either music or downloaded hypnobirthing stuff.

I can agree with you about just buying it herself if she wants/needs it, which is further noted by my argument that most people use registries as The Ultimate Wish List. ;)

(not arguing with you, just playing devil's advocate a bit.)

Gosh, I hate to defend any Duggar on their grifting, but I didn't think the Walmart registry seemed that out of line. Many of the items are things I, myself, asked for when I had my daughter. The only really weird things to me were the iPod and the selfie stick, but I suppose the stick is so she can take pics of her and the baby (?). I actually expected a lot more wild and crazy grifting from Jessa. All in all, she was pretty restrained.

honestly, I tell my new mom friends to never register for clothes, people buy those no matter what.

And three baby carriers is nothing!! you need different ones in different situations :) (and ages)

We put a crib on the registry. When you put something on the registry you generally get a discount when you buy it yourself.

Unless her iPhone doesn't have much space (especially with all the selfies on it). She's likely looking at Jill's labor to compare, knowing she will need literally hours of either music or downloaded hypnobirthing stuff.

I can agree with you about just buying it herself if she wants/needs it, which is further noted by my argument that most people use registries as The Ultimate Wish List. ;)

(not arguing with you, just playing devil's advocate a bit.)

I totally get what you're saying - I know you're not being argumentative. Having different outlooks is part of life! But, if space is the case, she should start deleting the selfies, pronto. Or buy her own iPod. :D

I gotta be honest, though. I've had two children without pain meds (NOT by choice - they didn't work.) and the last thing I was thinking about was music and/or how to control or sooth the situation. Pretty much the ONLY thing I was thinking was, "Get this kid outta me, now!" I don't understand trying to plan any part of a birth, but that's just me. Birth has a mind of it's own, which I wholeheartedly think laughs at our plans with a vengeance. :lol:

(snipped for brevity)

I totally get what you're saying - I know you're not being argumentative. Having different outlooks is part of life! But, if space is the case, she should start deleting the selfies, pronto. Or buy her own iPod. :D

I gotta be honest, though. I've had two children without pain meds (NOT by choice - they didn't work.) and the last thing I was thinking about was music and/or how to control or sooth the situation. Pretty much the ONLY thing I was thinking was, "Get this kid outta me, now!" I don't understand trying to plan any part of a birth, but that's just me. Birth has a mind of it's own, which I wholeheartedly think laughs at our plans with a vengeance. :lol:

Hahaha! But this is JESSA! She needs every.single.one of those selfies! ;)

And yes, birth does in fact have its own mind, hahaha! I am a planner, and I *just knew* what I wanted my birth experience to be like. And then Nature caught wind of my plans, snorked at it, pooted a few times on it, and then sat back to watch the show. :popcorn2:

Why do they have that awful Razorbacks helmet lamp on their baby registry? It's almost $70 for pete's sake. Is this baby going to have a Razorbacks themed room? That would be tremendously tacky.

ETA: They have a Razorbacks baby blanket and bib on there too. I'm calling it now that Benessa is having a boy.

Laboring to music is fantastic, but how many renditions of "Amazing Grace" and songs about being covered in blood* does a gal need?

*Jesus blood, obviously.

Gosh, I hate to defend any Duggar on their grifting, but I didn't think the Walmart registry seemed that out of line. Many of the items are things I, myself, asked for when I had my daughter. The only really weird things to me were the iPod and the selfie stick, but I suppose the stick is so she can take pics of her and the baby (?). I actually expected a lot more wild and crazy grifting from Jessa. All in all, she was pretty restrained.

Maybe she learned her lesson after the wedding registry that include a mac book?

The ipod is just funny to me because, really, how much fundie approved music can there be? Is she planning on listening to sermons while in labor?

Besides the obvious ridiculous items on the registry....

I don't understand things like the LeapTV. When I've looked at baby registries before it's usually BABY stuff. Not stuff for when your kid is older.

And nursery decals? This is something people typically buy on their own.

And it looks like she selected size 4 diapers. That's weird.

Maybe she learned her lesson after the wedding registry that include a mac book?

The ipod is just funny to me because, really, how much fundie approved music can there be? Is she planning on listening to sermons while in labor?

Obviously!

:? :? Do you SERIOUSLY mean to tell me that Jessa has NO SELFIE STICK?!!!?? :? :?

Jessa probably has several of them...this one is for the *baby :roll:

Besides the obvious ridiculous items on the registry....

I don't understand things like the LeapTV. When I've looked at baby registries before it's usually BABY stuff. Not stuff for when your kid is older.

And nursery decals? This is something people typically buy on their own.

And it looks like she selected size 4 diapers. That's weird.

Maybe she has smaller diapers from Izzy...I could easily see that big baby fitting into a bigger size immediately! :)

Why do they have that awful Razorbacks helmet lamp on their baby registry? It's almost $70 for pete's sake. Is this baby going to have a Razorbacks themed room? That would be tremendously tacky.

ETA: They have a Razorbacks baby blanket and bib on there too. I'm calling it now that Benessa is having a boy.

Maybe they are really hoping someone will go to an actual university. HAHAHAHAH. :lol:

Maybe they want the LeapTV to start learning what they'll have to teach their baby in a few years. Or to go through it ahead of time and make sure nothing defrauding or worldy is in there. Don't want the kid getting any ideas!

Did anyone else read this and have the same reaction as me?

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-dug ... ar-scandal

"Some people may have thought Jessa was wounded by the negative headlines, so it's exciting to be able to show people that she is happier than ever and holding her head high," the source tells PEOPLE. "

Okay! Okay, Jessa! We TOTALLY believe you. This isn't desperate and pathetic at ALL. I'm totally not imagining you fuming as you read Free JInger, picking up your iPhone, dialing your People magazine person... :liar: I mean, when I'm experiencing the happiest times of my life I don't feel the need to have a magazine publish that so people believe it :shifty: But that's just me.

Archived